PDA

View Full Version : Vnba

SAVAGE CLAW
10-09-2008, 09:49 PM
I was wondering...

Imagine a league.

The 30 Nba teams.

just 29 games on 1 home 1 away basis against each other.

4 for each conference qualify for the playoffs on 5 game series.

The Novelty?

The Rosters.

Rosters would be Veterans from those teams.

No trades, you play with the team you played in your career, if you played for more than one you decide at seasons begining where to play.

Players that have been retired for at least 5+ Years.

Would you want to watch it?

Woudl you pay to go to the arena to watch it?

Would you watch it at Tv?

Would you buy some Veterans League Merchandising/jerseys?

Id love to see Jackson,Starks,Mason,Oakley and Ewing trying to kick Paxon,Pippen,Jordan,Grants and Cartwrights ***** all around the place...

cmellofan15
10-09-2008, 09:54 PM
Sounds stupid IMO

Watchin old MOFO's playin isn't my thing

Could be like a summer league or something but I don't they will pay people or have sponsors and such. Also I don't think Jordan will play unless you actually pay the cheap son of a b****

kswissdaf
10-09-2008, 09:54 PM
to confusing :bang:

IversonIsKrazy
10-09-2008, 11:31 PM
i'd watch it ever now and then, considering they would stil have some skill. but then again, i think they probally lost it all. so noe, iwouldnt wanna watch 40year olds playin ball. not my thing.

still1ballin
10-10-2008, 12:02 AM
eh?

Musiq
10-10-2008, 12:25 AM
Although the idea is interesting, don't you think that's too many games?

I would personally like to see an annual exhibition game full of retired players in conjunction with the NBA Allstar weekend - remember don't expect these players to be in tip top shape (I'm talking to you Charles Barkley :D); its more for the players to bask in their former glory & for the fans to honour them

LAKERS 24/7
10-10-2008, 01:45 AM
Sounds stupid IMO

Could be like a summer league or something but I don't they will pay people or have sponsors and such. Also I don't think Jordan will play unless you actually pay the cheap son of a b****

nicely stated

SAVAGE CLAW
10-10-2008, 01:52 AM
well When 40 year old "mofo" "old butt" Jordan played for the Wizzards everybody was anxious to go see him play.....

JWalk126
10-10-2008, 01:56 AM
the exact opposite happened with Shawn Kemp

so what?

JR-FIGHTER
10-10-2008, 02:54 AM
Could be like a summer league or something

Spridge 76
10-10-2008, 05:09 AM
In a charity game, to raise some cash for a worthy cause, I would pay to see old timers give it a go.

BlondeBomber41
10-10-2008, 08:02 AM
Old timer Hall of Fame Players have too much respect for themselves and too much pride in their games to join a Nursing Home League like this.

Not to mention some teams dont exactly have storied histories with great players. The Mavs would be playing with a lineup that consisted of #1 scoring option Cedric Ceballos and #2 scoring option Shawn Bradley. Disgusting.

SAVAGE CLAW
10-10-2008, 08:19 PM
^man you should know better.....

Dereck Harper, Rolando Blackman, Jamaal Mashburn, Mark Aguirre, Sam Perkins, Jim Jakcson, Shawn Bradley, Roy Tarpley ..... thats some firepower.

Rome
10-10-2008, 09:38 PM
Idk about all that. It would be cool but weird at the same time. I'm sure I would though.

_Sn1P3r_
10-10-2008, 10:11 PM
Haha yeah. ^

fhatmanz
10-10-2008, 10:24 PM
Guys its just an idea... don't have to be all uppy about it....

I think it would be cool.. but its probably not realistic....

Although like someone else mentioned.... During the NBA All-Star Weekend...

have some type of legend vs. all-star game.. or sumthing to that affect... im pretty sure alot of just retired players like R.Miller, Jordan, even barkley... can keep up... its all in good fun so it doesn't have to be intense...

SAVAGE CLAW
10-10-2008, 10:28 PM
^Unfortuantaely Only Competition Barkley can held against an Active Player is a Whopper or Quarter Pounder massive eating Showdown against Shaquille and Jerome James.

snickers
10-10-2008, 10:48 PM
i probably watch every once and a while.

GunFactor187
10-10-2008, 11:34 PM
Sounds stupid IMO

:clap: