PDA

View Full Version : What teams do you think will be rebuilding by midseason?

Kiss Ma Grits
10-09-2008, 08:24 PM
Every year there's that one or two team(s) that blows up their roster in hopes of rebuilding so what teams do you predict will be rebuilding this year and why?

cmellofan15
10-09-2008, 08:27 PM
Right now I have no idea but I hope Billups gets traded to the Nuggets

:pray:

SensandRaps
10-09-2008, 08:31 PM
i think the nuggets, warriors, and knicks lol will be rebuilding by the midseason

pd7631
10-09-2008, 08:33 PM
Nuggets
Mavericks
Suns
Pistons

yojoe792
10-09-2008, 08:42 PM
Nuggets.

Their management has no idea what its doing.

Kiss Ma Grits
10-09-2008, 08:43 PM
Nuggets
Mavericks
Suns
Pistons

Do you think Dirk could end up on the trading block by midseason?

pd7631
10-09-2008, 08:47 PM
Do you think Dirk could end up on the trading block by midseason?

I don't know about Dirk, because Cuban loves him. But Josh Howard could definately be gone if they struggle, maybe they could buy out J-Kidd. It's pretty clear that their window is just about closed with their current group of players, especially with teams like the Hornets, Blazers, and Lakers looking like they'll be the new dominant teams in the west instead of the Spurs, Mavs and Suns.

Nighthawk
10-09-2008, 08:51 PM
I don't know about Dirk, because Cuban loves him. But Josh Howard could definately be gone if they struggle, maybe they could buy out J-Kidd. It's pretty clear that their window is just about closed with their current group of players, especially with teams like the Hornets, Blazers, and Lakers looking like they'll be the new dominant teams in the west instead of the Spurs, Mavs and Suns.

i COULDNT disagree more

Carlisle will have them a top 4 seed mark my word...

Anywhoooo..If were talking about rebuilding id say Pistons or Nuggets

pd7631
10-09-2008, 08:51 PM
^^ the Mavs made their last ditch effort at winning a championship last year when they traded away their future in Devin Harris and their draft picks. I don't really think that they're gonna have to rebuild midseason, but if they struggle they definately should. I think most other teams that will struggle have already started their rebuilding processes.

JordansBulls
10-09-2008, 09:27 PM
Nets

SAVAGE CLAW
10-09-2008, 09:30 PM
Im not sure wich teams because it deppends on how they perform but the TOP candidates to start rebuilding/Dumping salaries if things are not going right would be 1 or 2 of these:

Pistons

Cavaliers

Hawks

Suns

Spurs

Mavs

Rockets

Nuggets

SensandRaps
10-09-2008, 09:30 PM
Nets

arent the nets already rebuilding:eyebrow: lol

pd7631
10-09-2008, 09:32 PM
Im not sure wich teams because it deppends on how they perform but the TOP candidates to start rebuilding/Dumping salaries if things are not going right would be 1 or 2 of these:

Pistons

Cavaliers

Hawks

Suns

Spurs

Mavs

Rockets

Nuggets

As long as Tim Duncan is still there I don't see the Spurs rebuilding. They'll just continue to draft well at the bottom of the draft and continue to shuffle in veteran role players in search of a championship, until Duncan retires. But I could be wrong.

SAVAGE CLAW
10-09-2008, 09:33 PM
I just Hope Wallace is not stupid enough to Release/buy out Marbury.

If he waits until february im SURE his 20 million expiring contract could bring us the Star of the team that explodes and wants to rebuild.

SAVAGE CLAW
10-09-2008, 09:34 PM
As long as Tim Duncan is still there I don't see the Spurs rebuilding. They'll just continue to draft well at the bottom of the draft and continue to shuffle in veteran role players in search of a championship, until Duncan retires. But I could be wrong.

To be sincere if i was Spurs Gm i would see to trade Ginobili for a younger prospect and a expiring contract.

Dol-Fan
10-09-2008, 09:39 PM
The Nuggets... I think the Mavs will actually have a decent season, they still have a lot of talent.

I'm really hoping for the Pistons, will open the East up so much and...

Hamilton to the Raptors :pray:

DenButsu
10-09-2008, 10:49 PM
:yawn:

(at the predictability of everyone saying the Nuggets, not at the thread itself)

23LBJCleBrowns
10-09-2008, 10:53 PM
Suns, Nuggets, Mavs, Pistons, MAYBE the Lakers.

IversonIsKrazy
10-09-2008, 11:14 PM
i hope u wurr joking when u said "MAYBE the Lakers." lol, that would b the biggest shock in NBA! All i gotta say is nuggets. i hope pistons follow as well. if they do, the east will b unperdictable.

RIP 2 TORONTO!!!

zambo4president
10-09-2008, 11:21 PM
pacers

kntresistheheat
10-09-2008, 11:22 PM

Pistons

Cavaliers

Hawks

Suns

Spurs

Mavs

Rockets

Nuggets

Are You Nuts????:rolleyes::pity:

cmstophe
10-09-2008, 11:23 PM
Are You Nuts????:rolleyes::pity:

He is nuts. The Rockets and Cavaliers don't belong anywhere near that list. It's laughable.

SUNDUNDIDIT
10-09-2008, 11:38 PM
Blazers

lakers

spurs

rockets

warriors

suns

mavericks

knicks

DenButsu
10-10-2008, 12:14 AM
I really wish people would explain their answers in this thread. Seems like most people are just saying "the Nuggets" and "a bunch of other teams because I don't like them".

Why, exactly, do any of you have any plausible basis for thinking the Nuggets will "be rebuilding by midseason"? Are you specifically thinking that the FO will try to trade Iverson? It's possible, but I consider it fairly unlikely in the context of the Camby trade, since the value of getting his contract off the books in order to at long last get under the luxury tax will carry a much stronger appeal. If they trade him midseason, the only way it happens is in exchange for 2-3 players whose salary totals between $17-21 million, and only $10 million or less of that salary will be going to a player the Nuggets keep, while the rest must be expiring. Can anyone here put together a realistic mid-season trade that fits these requirements?

Why in the hell would anybody say the Lakers? Okay, maybe a minor mid-season trade, but "rebuild" when they're the strongest team in the WC? Get outta here...

I'm not saying that everyone's answers are bogus, but if you don't back them up and explain why you think those teams will make radical moves, then the answers are meaningless.

pd7631
10-10-2008, 12:54 AM
Mavericks- They made their last ditch effort to win a championship last year when they traded away their future for J-Kidd. If they struggle into January there is definitely reason for them to start rebuilding if it's evident that the Kidd experiment isn't working.

Suns- They, like the Mavs, are getting old and they made their last ditch effort to win a championship last year in making the Shaq trade. If they, like the Mavs, struggle into January they should consider trading their vets while they still have value.

Nuggets- When you trade a top 5 defensive player like Marcus Camby for essentially nothing, it's hard to think a team could be better after that. Also, for them to now start preaching defense after trading their best defensive player seems stupid. Maybe with a healthy Nene and K-Mart they can play better on the defensive end, but I don't see it happening. It will be hard to get expiring contracts for AI, but rebuilding doesn't necessarily mean just clearing out cap room. They could get a couple good young players and some draft picks for him

Pistons- They're definitely starting to show they're age, and who knows how they'll play with a new coach. They have some of their future in place with Maxiell, Amir Johnson, and Stuckey. Trading Billups and Sheed would definitely make room for them. In the new and improved east they could slide back into the pack, and if they do Joe D might not accept that, and he'll start trading his valuable commodities while he still can.

Obviously the teams that I have listed are still very talented, and I don't think that any of them will struggle. I just see these teams as the most likely to rebuild, should they struggle. Obviously if a team like the Blazers or Hornets somehow managed to struggle, they're not going to rebuild because they already been down that road. The teams that I have listed have been contending for awhile now, and it happens to every team that it's just clear that they aren't going to go any further with what they have, so it's time to rebuild.

Big Quett
10-10-2008, 12:54 AM
Blazers

lakers

spurs

rockets

warriors

suns

mavericks

knicks

Ok this was a joke right? I am a laker hater to the fullest but rebuilding? You have to be kidding me they have perhaps the best talent on paper.

And i believe the Rockets will atleast give this a whole year before they blow it up. Don't really see anything coming before next summer

And the knicks no comment:horse:

SAVAGE CLAW
10-10-2008, 12:57 AM
^ Elaborate?
Pistons: Because 3 of their big 4 are aging and they havent been so succesfull recently if they are underperforming it will be time for a rebuild.

Cavaliers:Because one Lebron even as good as he is does not make up for a fading Wallace a FADED scerbiak an againg and health concerned Ilgauskas and a No d Point guard like williams, Im sorry for them because i LIKE the Team but they are going nowhere, Trying to package Wallys expiring in february for some help for Lebron is their last chance to keep him,Anyway trading him is a rebuilding itself ;)

Hawks:Their Owner is cheap, they are not entering the playoffs this year, Didnt care about signing Childress, Smith wanted out.....

Suns:Nash + Shaq + Grant Hill = More than 100 Years..... this year for them is Make it or break it, so if they are not doing well and having on account nash and Shaq have big contracts that expires in the holy grandious 2010 years expect a lot of offers for them to rebuild.

Spurs: GInobilini is done because of injuries, Bowen is too old, Finley is too Old, they should have already started.

Mavs:Dirk wants to win, They are not happy with Howard Kidd is Done and has a good big expiring contract, Dirk is on his late prime so he needs to win NOW, so if they are not doing it that well he may ASK out , if that happens rebuiliding will be server, either if it is Trading Dirk or Granting he stays by buying more help using Kidd contract as bait.

Rockets: No im not Crazy, is it crazy to think Tmacs back can finally give out for good? is it crazy to think Ming can have another injury plagued year, is it crazy to think....o god how strange that Artest May go Nuts and do something stupid for the 10000000th Time? Is it stupid to think that if MORE than ONE of this things happens at a time they will be having a BAD season after 4 straight bad seasons with not a single second round to show up for merit? Its not Probable, but they MAY explode by february.

Nuggets: Iverson has a nice expiring Contract im counting on them to trade him for some Young player, particulary a Point guard to rebuild around Melo , basically because this core has already FAILED the past couple of years and trading Camby for cap space should be a hint that they are already rebuilding, Im even inclined to think that Melo may have his price too.

Is that enough elaboration?

SAVAGE CLAW
10-10-2008, 01:00 AM
Oh and the LAKERs i HARDLY see them rebuilding in february but is not imposible, they seem bond to move Odom for another kind of player and it wouldnt surprise me if L:A is not big enough for both Pau and Bynum basically becaue of the hype Bynum has around him, if they dont work right togheter and Phil is Benching Bynum he may threaten with not resigning so they will have to trade Pau.

And of course it may happen that for any reasons, injurys or whatever they are starting to do it not that well being the 4th or 5th seed and crybaby starts again with his I want Out Moan and threats. Remeber he can opt out, so if he is going prima donna again they may consider sending him to hell.

Big Quett
10-10-2008, 01:01 AM
To be sincere if i was Spurs Gm i would see to trade Ginobili for a younger prospect and a expiring contract.

I actually agree with this but it wont happen they will just keep bringing vets in and out like someone said until Duncan retires

pd7631
10-10-2008, 01:13 AM
Blazers

lakers

spurs

rockets

warriors

suns

mavericks

knicks

How can you say the Blazers? They've been rebuilding for the last 3 or 4 years. Now is the time that they can start getting good again. They've had what seems to be one of the greatest rebuilding processes ever. They shouldn't have to worry about rebuilding for another 10 years.

SAVAGE CLAW
10-10-2008, 01:19 AM
Blazers.... uh eh i think blazers are in the oposite case of Break Down and Rebuild in February.

They have their Structure Built and they are wating for the Missing Link ( preferably a Poing Guard) To go into the next level.

If something is to happen with them is that they get the star of one of those teams that Break Up in February in exchange for Lafrentzs hughe expiring and some of their young talent.

horry1ur
10-10-2008, 01:20 AM
Fail

LAKERS 24/7
10-10-2008, 01:21 AM
Suns, Nuggets, Mavs, Pistons, MAYBE the Lakers.

HAHAHAHAHAHA :laugh::laugh2:

LAKERS 24/7
10-10-2008, 01:22 AM
Oh and the LAKERs i HARDLY see them rebuilding in february but is not imposible, they seem bond to move Odom for another kind of player and it wouldnt surprise me if L:A is not big enough for both Pau and Bynum basically becaue of the hype Bynum has around him, if they dont work right togheter and Phil is Benching Bynum he may threaten with not resigning so they will have to trade Pau.

And of course it may happen that for any reasons, injurys or whatever they are starting to do it not that well being the 4th or 5th seed and crybaby starts again with his I want Out Moan and threats. Remeber he can opt out, so if he is going prima donna again they may consider sending him to hell.

No dude. No.

You have now lost credibility for every post you ever right

pd7631
10-10-2008, 01:30 AM
Blazers.... uh eh i think blazers are in the oposite case of Break Down and Rebuild in February.

They have their Structure Built and they are wating for the Missing Link ( preferably a Poing Guard) To go into the next level.

If something is to happen with them is that they get the star of one of those teams that Break Up in February in exchange for Lafrentzs hughe expiring and some of their young talent.

This post got me thinking, what if the Nuggets traded AI to Portland for Lafrentz, Channing Frye, and Steve Blake...along with a couple of 1st round draft picks

The Nuggets get a decent true point guard, a good young big man (expiring) and raef lafrentz's expiring contract. THis would also allow Mello to be the main guy again, and they could move on from there with how they want to build around Mello.

The Blazers would then be able to throw out a starting lineup of:

PG-Allen Iverson
SG-Brandon Roy
SF-Martell Webster
PF-Lamrcus Aldridge
C-Greg Oden

That's a nasty team right there....

Obviously most Nuggets fans would be angry as hell if this happened, but it's not new for great players get traded for essentially nothing. I'm sure the Nuggets could get much more out of a deal for AI than what I mentioned above....but I don't think that a deal like this would be out of the realm of possibility.

Lakersfan2483
10-10-2008, 01:41 AM
Every year there's that one or two team(s) that blows up their roster in hopes of rebuilding so what teams do you predict will be rebuilding this year and why?

Denver (Iverson is a free agent after the season), New Jersey, maybe Detroit.

Sox Appeal
10-10-2008, 01:41 AM
^ Elaborate?
Pistons: Because 3 of their big 4 are aging and they havent been so succesfull recently if they are underperforming it will be time for a rebuild.

Cavaliers:Because one Lebron even as good as he is does not make up for a fading Wallace a FADED scerbiak an againg and health concerned Ilgauskas and a No d Point guard like williams, Im sorry for them because i LIKE the Team but they are going nowhere, Trying to package Wallys expiring in february for some help for Lebron is their last chance to keep him,Anyway trading him is a rebuilding itself ;)

Hawks:Their Owner is cheap, they are not entering the playoffs this year, Didnt care about signing Childress, Smith wanted out.....

Suns:Nash + Shaq + Grant Hill = More than 100 Years..... this year for them is Make it or break it, so if they are not doing well and having on account nash and Shaq have big contracts that expires in the holy grandious 2010 years expect a lot of offers for them to rebuild.

Spurs: GInobilini is done because of injuries, Bowen is too old, Finley is too Old, they should have already started.

Mavs:Dirk wants to win, They are not happy with Howard Kidd is Done and has a good big expiring contract, Dirk is on his late prime so he needs to win NOW, so if they are not doing it that well he may ASK out , if that happens rebuiliding will be server, either if it is Trading Dirk or Granting he stays by buying more help using Kidd contract as bait.

Rockets: No im not Crazy, is it crazy to think Tmacs back can finally give out for good? is it crazy to think Ming can have another injury plagued year, is it crazy to think....o god how strange that Artest May go Nuts and do something stupid for the 10000000th Time? Is it stupid to think that if MORE than ONE of this things happens at a time they will be having a BAD season after 4 straight bad seasons with not a single second round to show up for merit? Its not Probable, but they MAY explode by february.

Nuggets: Iverson has a nice expiring Contract im counting on them to trade him for some Young player, particulary a Point guard to rebuild around Melo , basically because this core has already FAILED the past couple of years and trading Camby for cap space should be a hint that they are already rebuilding, Im even inclined to think that Melo may have his price too.

Yes, because 6 straight ECF appearances isn't being successful. :rolleyes:

Also, The Cavs wouldn't even think about rebuilding as long as Lebron is still in Cleveland. They know there window with Lebron is closing, and there going to do everything in there power to try and win an NBA Championship.

How is the Hawks owner cheap? You know he's the same guy who signed Joe Johnson to a MAX contract a few offseasons ago, and he also traded for Mike Bibby at the trading deadline last year. As far as I can see, that organization is committed to winning.

The Suns should be rebuilding, but I don't see it happening. If Nash and Shaq can finally start to click, they still may have an outside chance at winning the West.

How can you say the Spurs are done? As long as Duncan is still on the roster, they'll be contending for championships.

Mark Cuban is as committed to winning as anybody in the NBA. Trading for Kidd is proof of that. Sure, that trade might not look as sexy then as it does now, but they still have a VERY talented roster. Don't forget, they won 67 games just 2 seasons ago.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only person off of the Rockets bandwagon. I don't see them exploding like you do, but I do see them having a "lower then expectations" type season. They have a very talented roster, but your right, there is just to many question marks. Can McGrady stay healthy? Will Yao be healthy when the playoffs role around? (We all know he won't be healthy the entire season, but if he's healthy in the playoffs, the Rockets may be dangerous. Depending if T - Mac is also healthy at that time..) Can Artest stay on the down low the entire season? Just to many questions..

The Nuggets organization is clueless right now. They traded Camby to free up cap space, then, they go out and trade for Jamal Tinsley. If they fall out of contention early, it wouldn't surprise me if they decide to trade AI around the trade deadline.

Sox Appeal
10-10-2008, 01:44 AM

The Blazers aren't thinking about winning a championship this season, so trading for a star PG wouldn't make much sense. They drafted Jared Bayless in the first round this year, and they also have Rudy Fernandez coming from Spain, and he was regarded as a lottery pick also. Both of them are Point Guards, and they could be the answers for them at that position.

stawka
10-10-2008, 03:26 AM
WTF? Why are the Lakers and Spurs in this discussion? Anyway, I gotta go with the Pistons. If they stay together, they will continue to be dangerous for any team, but they just wont get it done again. If one of 'them' go, it'll be time to rebuild.

JR-FIGHTER
10-10-2008, 03:42 AM
timberwolves

DenButsu
10-10-2008, 04:05 AM
The Nuggets organization is clueless right now.

Not so much. (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/blog.php?b=17)

then, they go out and trade for Jamal Tinsley.

No, they didn't. Although it does appear they engaged in talks.

Even if they did, though, Atkins and Hunter for Tinsley is a salary wash this season, although it would load up the overall guaranteed Nuggets salary into the following two.

Beno7500
10-10-2008, 04:26 AM
nuggets

DerekRE_3
10-10-2008, 04:34 AM
Not so much. (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/blog.php?b=17)

No, they didn't. Although it does appear they engaged in talks.

Even if they did, though, Atkins and Hunter for Tinsley is a salary wash this season, although it would load up the overall guaranteed Nuggets salary into the following two.

Great blog Den and great read. :clap: The best part was it wasn't biased or homer filled (no sarcasm).

AKA TheMamba
10-10-2008, 05:28 AM

that is why you are not gm.....

AKA TheMamba
10-10-2008, 05:29 AM
nuggets are front runners in rebuilding mode...

hockeypro68
10-10-2008, 06:16 AM
Right now I have no idea but I hope Billups gets traded to the Nuggets

:pray:

Do you think Billups would come without giving up AI? JR Smith? Is he worth more in value than either of those two? I think not. What would you propose?

DenButsu
10-10-2008, 07:46 AM
Do you think Billups would come without giving up AI? JR Smith? Is he worth more in value than either of those two? I think not. What would you propose?

Detroit pitched Billups and Prince for Melo (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3455530). Denver rejected that, and counter offered AI for the same package. The only deal I'd do with Detroit for AI would have to involve Sheed (and his expiring) so we get a good chunk of AI's contract off the books. AI for Chauncey and Sheed works financially (http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=63~883~366&teams=7~7~8&te=&cash=), but no way the Pistons do that.

And that's the big, giant, OBVIOUS elephant in the room that everybody in this thread for some reason is totally oblivious to. Open your eyes, people: It will be almost impossible for Denver to trade Iverson mid-season on terms that the Nuggets would actually accept.

Everyone is making this snap judgment about the Nuggets without thinking things through logically, based on the (false) impression that the Camby salary dump was the first step in blowing up the team, the (equally false) perception that things are going horribly wrong in the Pepsi Center, and (I guess) just because PSD NBA fans love hating on the Nuggets. Seriously.

But check it out. In my opinion, these are the minimum terms that the Denver Nuggets front office would accept in a trade for Allen Iverson:

1. After this season ends, the net result is that the Nuggets end up retaining no more than $10 million of AI's contract value. Or in other words, approximately half of the salary in the trade absolutely must be in the form of expiring contracts.

2. The one, or possibly two players received by Denver that they end up keeping beyond the 2008-09 season must be of a sufficiently high quality to make letting go of AI worthwhile in the short term, and the package almost definitely must include a point guard who has a legitimate chance at being Denver's man of the future, or at least of the next few seasons.

So from now on in this thread, I'm making a unilateral declaration that anybody who answers simply "nuggets" without providing a concrete example of an Iverson trade that meets the above requirements should not be taken seriously.
:p

Seriously. (And the lame, tired "they gave away their best defensive player for nothing" cliche is not only wrong, it has absolutely no bearing on whether Denver would "rebuild mid-season" or not).

NYKnickFanatic
10-10-2008, 08:27 AM
Nets

They already are rebuilding. :rolleyes:

BkOriginalOne
10-10-2008, 08:37 AM
I think a bunch of teams will make teams for rebuilding purposes, trying to make a run at the championship, or trying to unload players at logjamed positions.

Nuggets: Ai does have that expiring contract, and i think a lot of teams would like to maybe use AI for the second half of the season, if they lose him, they can always head to free agency. I think that the Jazz can make a play.

Rockets: Most likely will want to tweak it up before heading into the playoffs (finally out of the first round). They have alot of guards and could use some frontcourt athelticism. Also, let's face it. How long do you think Rafear will last as the rockets pg? If you're answer not past februrary you are right. Rockets need a nice pg who can really run the show in texas.

Phoenix. Shaq says he's done in two years. Nash would have to resign when he is done and that seems unlikely, if he wanta a ring. Whats to stop him from a team that needs a show runner in a couple years (rockets, orlando, maybe denver, cleavland after the mo williams experiment fails, if portalnd lands a decent wing scorer, they're also an option) Also, D'antoni would love to have his guys diaw and barbosa in NY. I think diaw will get over there, but barbosa maybe too pricey. How old is grant hill again? Looks like they'll be rebuilding around a amare and freinds.

Cavs: They're going to feel like they're in position to make a run at the title. which means they're going to need to find a decent sg and someone who can run an offense. I don't think Mo will be traded that soon though. Unless the nuggets don't get tinsley and decided that mo will looks better than an expiring AI.

Hornets: My bet is that they try to add some athelticism and some offesne at the 2. Posey was a nice pickup. But i think he is better suited to come of the bench for situational purposes or whenever the 2 or 3 gets in foul trouble. mabe they can relieve the bulls of one of thier many guards.

Sixers: will need some 3 point shooting if they plan on going past the second round in the east.

Pistons: We all expect them to make a big move. Their managment hasn't done anything, but they have so many younger players who have yet to make thier mark on the NBA. Players like stuckey, amir johnson, maxiel, affalo. These players have be tested a bit more before they can make a move. But if that does happpen this season, sheed, billups, or prince or hamilton could be on the move if the right deal was availble. Note that pistons invision a hybrid backcourt of billups and stuckey, so that might make rip the most tradable (definitely would be good for cavs, hornets, jazz, toronto)

Clippers need to plug some holes at the guard positons as well (backup pg, starting sg) Once again, the bulls coule be in play.

Wizards: Sad that Jamison went down. If the big 3 stay healthy, they believe they can win games (they did beat up boston last year). But this trio might be broken up because of their success rate. If Nick young emerges. Stevenson and jamison could be sent for a front court post player. Or at least a quality center.

Jazz: Need a starting 2 who can score. outside touch helps (a guy like ray allen would be perfect in that system) they also have to worry about what offers boozer will get next sesaon (cause you know miami is Still watching)

Kiss Ma Grits
10-10-2008, 09:30 AM
^ Elaborate?

Williams will play better defense on a team like Cleveland because it's emphesized!!! Wallace is fading but by the time he does fade completely J.J. Hickson will be there to replace him and what better player could J.J. learn from then Wallace? Wally WILL be gone one way or another but we have young talented players at his position in Delonte West, Sasha Pavlovic, Terrance Kinsey, PLUS whoever we decide to draft next year. Illgauskas hasn't been injury prone in the last three years, lol. Yeah he's up there in age but we have Anderson Verajao another young player behind him. The ONLY old players we have is Illgauskas, Wallace, and Wally (whose contract expires this year) The rest of the team is fairly young. How do YOU know if it's their last chance to keep him? THEY ARE ONE OF THE ELITE TEAMS OF THE EAST. lmao. Do your homework little one do your homework.

You ARE crazy to think that a team who has championship potential is gonna rebuild. The Rockets are AT LEAST two years away from possibly rebuilding. Why should they think about rebuilding after they JUST traded for Ron Artest????? That's a BIG laugher

Again, the Rockets and Cavaliers are championship caliber teams so it makes no sense for either one of them to rebuild. ESSPECIALLY Cleveland who seems to get younger and younger.