PDA

View Full Version : Boozer, Koufos won't play tonight

jimbobjarree
10-09-2008, 05:32 PM
"Jazz forward Carlos Boozer will sit out tonight's preseason game against Phoenix to rest his sore left hamstring but said he expects to practice Friday and play in Sunday's exhibition at Portland.

Rookie center Kosta Koufos left the team's pregame shootaround and is not expected to play either, although Koufos' availability officially is still a game-time decision.

Jazz coach Jerry Sloan will start Andrei Kirilenko at power forward in Boozer's place, along with Mehmet Okur, C.J. Miles, Ronnie Brewer and Deron Williams. "

there we go, AK will not be 6th man for much longer, musta been a trial. I am actually more intrigued to see how he plays at PF than off the bench, could be how we line up next season....especialy if he does a great job.

jazzman86
10-09-2008, 06:14 PM
I love seeing AK go up against bigger guys than himself. That is a big reason why Marion was so successful in phoenix. We are going to have the floor spread really well tonight with all perimeter shooters except for Brewer. I also wouldn't mind seeing us push the tempo tonight with the fast lineup we have. Tonight AK will probably be matched up with boris diaw a lot because Stoudemire is out with his eye injury.

jimbobjarree
10-09-2008, 06:17 PM
do you think this team could actually work. I mean, we got the back court defense. the ouside shooting of CJ and Deron and Okur. We have alot more interior D with AK down low as well. Seriously I'd like to see this line up a few times this pre season to see how well it does because we could be seeing more of it next season if Boozer opts out and leaves.

futureman
10-10-2008, 10:04 AM
KOUFOS is actually the greatest player in the NBA right now because he is the only guy that can average 2 points a minute. lol.

jimbobjarree
10-13-2008, 04:22 PM
well that ends his amazing streak.

still great to see him playing for us, I really hope he can turn into a decent player for us.