PDA

View Full Version : space jam remake

hotpotato1092
10-09-2008, 01:24 AM
I was watching space jam yesterday and it got me thinking, if they made a remake today what player would take the role of Michael Jordan. While Kobe is probably the best player, I don't think he has the charisma or acting talent to pull it off. Heres my top 5:

5. Gilbert Arenas. Charismatic, fantastic player, fan favorite everywhere he goes, but is he well known enough?

4. Kevin Garnett. Great Player and has a ton of charisma, but he's more of a defensive player so I don't think he could do what Michael did in the movie, unless they changed it so the toon squad won 31-30 instead of in the 80's.

3. Steve Nash. Hilarious (Baron Davis step brothers video), great player and perfect for that type of movie, but same problem as KG, can he score enough?

2. LeBron James. The next Michael. If he doesn't end up being better than Mike he'll be close, and some of his commercials are hilarious. He can do everything on the court, and is well known by all fans and even non fans. So why isn't he #1? Because of...

1. Brett Favre. Here's my pitch, Brett retires after the NFC championship game thinking he's done, but when the looney tunes tell him they're playing a football game against aliens for their freedom, he decides to play for them. He leads them to the win and feels rejuvinated, deciding to keep playing the NFL. I think this is a perfect explanation of Brett's decision to come back. It would be similar to the original in that it was based on a retired star, but a different pitch because it would be a different sport. I would LOVE to see this get made.

I know this is random but I was thinking about it yesterday and wanted to know what everybody thought. So what does everyone think?

JermanJaysFan
10-09-2008, 01:26 AM
Chris Bosh. Haven't you seen his audition videos?

But seriously, Arenas was a good suggestion.

sp1derm00
10-09-2008, 01:43 AM
I feel like Wade would be better than Lebron. I love his Fav 5 commercials with Charles Barkley. Also, for some reason, I don't really like Lebron as a person. I respect him as a player, but as a person... especially with his massive ego and his loudmouth remarks on the court, he doesn't appeal to me.

kobynum2417
10-09-2008, 02:06 AM
the dumbest thread ever. pretty sure

theimortalone
10-09-2008, 02:39 AM
Wow this is such a stupid and pointless thread!

Rome
10-09-2008, 02:45 AM
Lol harsh. Favre gets away with those jean commercials but a whole movie? na.

Space jam is one of those movies you don't make a second to it.

mfudge
10-09-2008, 02:46 AM
I was watching space jam yesterday and it got me thinking, if they made a remake today what player would take the role of Michael Jordan. While Kobe is probably the best player, I don't think he has the charisma or acting talent to pull it off. Heres my top 5:

5. Gilbert Arenas. Charismatic, fantastic player, fan favorite everywhere he goes, but is he well known enough?

4. Kevin Garnett. Great Player and has a ton of charisma, but he's more of a defensive player so I don't think he could do what Michael did in the movie, unless they changed it so the toon squad won 31-30 instead of in the 80's.

3. Steve Nash. Hilarious (Baron Davis step brothers video), great player and perfect for that type of movie, but same problem as KG, can he score enough?

2. LeBron James. The next Michael. If he doesn't end up being better than Mike he'll be close, and some of his commercials are hilarious. He can do everything on the court, and is well known by all fans and even non fans. So why isn't he #1? Because of...

1. Brett Favre. Here's my pitch, Brett retires after the NFC championship game thinking he's done, but when the looney tunes tell him they're playing a football game against aliens for their freedom, he decides to play for them. He leads them to the win and feels rejuvinated, deciding to keep playing the NFL. I think this is a perfect explanation of Brett's decision to come back. It would be similar to the original in that it was based on a retired star, but a different pitch because it would be a different sport. I would LOVE to see this get made.

I know this is random but I was thinking about it yesterday and wanted to know what everybody thought. So what does everyone think?

you do realize that Kobe is one of, if not THE most, marketable figures on the planet right now? ovation in china as big, or bigger, than yaos? #1 on the european jersey sales? he has no charisma? yea... thats why before his colorado fiasco he was one of the top endorsements in the game and he's regaining some of it back NOW. too bad you just don't like him. lemme guess, you blame it on the psd lakers fans, right? lmao. and dont get me wrong... i dont want kobe in this because of all of the comparisons to mj.. i just think your reasoning is bogus for leaving him off the list altogether.

FlawlessKB24
10-09-2008, 02:49 AM
Space Jam is one of my favorite movies ever
its what turned me on to basketball. i remember going out in the backyard with my brother pretending to be Michael Jordan and Shaq lol(yes i know shaq wasnt in it > _>)

back on topic, all those people you mentioned cant act. MJ did a pretty good job.
i say no to a remake

xSolidx
10-09-2008, 02:52 AM
Jesus Shuttlesworth

rico
10-09-2008, 02:58 AM
haha cool i had no idea bout that baron davis steve nash vid. nash was pretty entertaining in that :)

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/steve-nash-and-baron-davis-as-step-brothers/4206866708

:P any others?

ramansingh3
10-09-2008, 06:32 PM
I could see LeBron doing it, but I would love to see Kobe in it instead.

barreleffact
10-09-2008, 06:36 PM
Lebron cant act... you can tell he's reading in his commercials. everything is always so scripted and he just plain sucks. sorry, but its true. hes a hell of a player tho.

MiamiHeat
10-09-2008, 06:37 PM
Dwyane Wade :up:

ShakeN'Bake
10-09-2008, 06:45 PM

If you did this it would be so stupid it uses the same exact story line. You would need to come up with a new reason for them to be playing football because they were already granted their freedom.

ShakeN'Bake
10-09-2008, 06:46 PM
Dwyane Wade :up:

actually I could see Flash fitting well into that scenario.

zambo4president
10-09-2008, 06:48 PM
d rosssse

zambo4president
10-09-2008, 06:48 PM

i think your not funny

qwestion13
10-09-2008, 06:51 PM
I would use Allen Iverson...does anybody remember, "how he do dat?" in Like Mike?

junion
10-09-2008, 06:58 PM
shawn bradley and maybe he can play with the Oblongs

junion
10-09-2008, 06:58 PM
shawn bradley and maybe he can play with the Oblongs

stupid answer for a stupid thread

uptownfan
10-09-2008, 07:00 PM

No way man. Don't talk **** about Space Jam :eyebrow:

BoltLakerPadre
10-09-2008, 07:02 PM
Seriously, I'm so bored at work that I'm reading this?

uptownfan
10-09-2008, 07:03 PM
I think that Wade or LeBron would be great for Space Jam. Maybe even Chris Paul

hotpotato1092
10-09-2008, 07:19 PM
if you think this is a stupid thread than don't respond, I made this for people who were interested and if you're not than just don't post, why bother nobody cares if you think it's stupid

J$mo0th_3o5
10-09-2008, 07:27 PM
haha cool i had no idea bout that baron davis steve nash vid. nash was pretty entertaining in that :)

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/steve-nash-and-baron-davis-as-step-brothers/4206866708

:P any others?

:laugh: This is hilarious!!!

levs
10-09-2008, 07:29 PM
baron davis or lebron james

King Henrik
10-09-2008, 07:38 PM
ohhh snapppppp
space jam remake???!

I could see Jordan being replaced by Favre for sure, nice suggestion.

I would guess if they stuck with basketball it would have to be Lebron, Kobe, or maybe a Vince Carter.

I could see Steve Nash being a side character as well as Yao Ming and Dirk

THE_FLASH_21
10-09-2008, 07:49 PM
B.Diddy... Davis can act!

mjt20mik
10-09-2008, 08:03 PM
LMAO!!! Farve!

cmellofan15
10-09-2008, 08:09 PM
Wow meaningful thread...

djeller1139
10-09-2008, 08:15 PM
deffinately gilbert arenas

Rosh
10-09-2008, 08:17 PM

Two words.

Dishwasher thread.

nstachowski
10-09-2008, 08:23 PM

You forgot one VERY IMPORTANT character. John Madden would take the place of Wayne Knight (Stan)

sacgiants1213
10-09-2008, 08:57 PM
B.Diddy... Davis can act!

yeah, baron would be my choice as well