PDA

View Full Version : Blazers G-F Webster has broken bone in foot

A.Mopp
10-09-2008, 12:54 AM
Blazers G-F Webster has broken bone in foot

After a fast start to the preseason, Martell Webster will be sidelined with a broken bone in his left foot.

X-rays taken Tuesday night showed that the Portland Trail Blazers’ swingman suffered a stress fracture of his fifth metatarsal. The injury occurred during Tuesday’s preseason game against the Sacramento Kings in which Webster had 15 points and six rebounds.

Further testing Wednesday included an MRI and CT Scan and confirmed the injury.

The Trail Blazers announced that Webster will be further evaluated Thursday to determine a course of treatment and timetable for his return.

A.Mopp
10-09-2008, 12:54 AM
Hopefully he is only out for a few weeks.

I hate injuries from the preseason.

BoltLakerPadre
10-09-2008, 02:23 AM
Yao had a stress fracture in his foot last year, when he was out for the whole end of the season, and through there first round exit. But he was rushed back for the Olympics are receiving Chinese medicine. But Yao's 7'6", I'm sure it much worse for a guy that size, and there are various degrees of severity for a stress fracture and as far as I know his could be very minor.

Jonathan2323
10-09-2008, 07:15 PM
WOULD YOU TRADE Aldridge for Marion?

A.Mopp
10-09-2008, 09:36 PM
WOULD YOU TRADE Aldridge for Marion?

defiantly not. Why would we trade for Marion when we can just sign him next offseason?

POZUNO
10-09-2008, 09:45 PM
Here's an update for y'all if y'all haven't heard.

Martell Webster has decided to have surgery on his injured left foot which will sideline him for eight to 10 weeks.
This will cause a chain reaction, as Travis Outlaw or Rudy Fernandez could slide into the starting five for the Blazers. Jerryd Bayless will also see a boost in playing time as a result.

More time for Rudy when he comes back, as well as Outlaw. It'll be okay JMO.

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/clubhouse_news.aspx?sport=Nba&majteam=POR

POZUNO
10-09-2008, 09:47 PM
^And that Marion trade for Aldridge is nuts! I agree. Why trade for him when you can sign him next season if you wanted to.

A.Mopp
10-10-2008, 12:38 AM
^And that Marion trade for Aldridge is nuts! I agree. Why trade for him when you can sign him next season if you wanted to.

I agree. Why give up assets when we can just sign him next season.