PDA

View Full Version : Are the Steelers a top 5 team in the NFL right now?

NYMetros
10-08-2008, 11:08 PM
Would you rank the Steelers as one of your top 5 teams in your NFL power Rankings? IMO, the Steelers are #5 (behind Tennessee, Washington, Dallas, and NYG). We haven't really beaten any top teams yet, but we've won the games we've supposed to win against some pretty testy opponents. I thought the Jags and Ravens are both solid teams, and we beat them.

My full list would be this:

1. Titans
2. Giants
3. Redskins
4. Cowboys
5. Steelers

What about you guys?

BTW, try to keep the discussion here mainly about the Steelers and not argue about whether or not the Giants are better than the Titans, for example.

carter15
10-08-2008, 11:13 PM
yes we are top 5 without a doubt.

my top 5 is
giants
titans
redskins
cowboys
steelers

not sure what other team wud steal a spot from us...maybe one team is just slipping my mind but from those that im remembering ..no1 is even close.

wylie
10-09-2008, 08:03 AM
yes we are top 5 without a doubt.

my top 5 is
giants
titans
redskins
cowboys
steelers

not sure what other team wud steal a spot from us...maybe one team is just slipping my mind but from those that im remembering ..no1 is even close.

Looks about right to me.

sep11ie
10-09-2008, 10:37 AM
No way no how are 3 NFC teams better than the Steelers. The Redskins? Come on.

hyp21
10-09-2008, 11:56 AM
Sorry, NY, I think we're better than the Titans. Yeah I know they're undefeated but I think the only true test they got this season thus far was Jacksonville (who we beat hurt) and Baltimore (who we beat hurt). Thus putting my list like this:

NYG (yeah, they haven't played much of anybody, but they're still the defending champs and have passed all tests thus far)

Wash (sorry sep, this team is the truth, beat dallas and Philly which makes them a very dangerous team)

Dallas (I think they'll get the skins next time around, they haven't played awesome football, but they're still very good)

Pittsburgh (We still have managed to win games with a very banged up team and won over the Ravens/Jags D with our 3rd string RB, we're very impressive and tough to beat imo)

Tennessee (have to be in the top 5 since they're undefeated)

carter15
10-09-2008, 12:48 PM
i think the titans deserve to be higher then us for now....there undefeated, theyve been playing great ball and until they lose a gm they shud be ahead of any team with 1 loss....i do believe by the end of the season well be ahead..and we play them in week 16 which shud be a great game...but for now i just think they g2 b ahead of us.

sep11ie
10-09-2008, 01:02 PM
I think Washington is good, but by no means better than us. We're winning games with our depth just think about when we're healthy. I can't agree that Washington is better than us.

hyp21
10-09-2008, 01:17 PM
^I feel you. I can't agree the Titans are better than us cause we beat the same toughest teams that they've beat but we did it hurt and they did it without VY, which has proven to not be that big a deal. Moore has stepped up and helped us grab quality wins vs. the Ravens/Jags and our D-Line has played big without Hampton.

sep11ie
10-09-2008, 02:14 PM
I dont think Tennessee is better than either. I think they'll start to fizzle when that d line wears down

steeldude
10-09-2008, 07:01 PM
top 5 is arguable now, but won't be in a few weeks after the Giants and Redskins games. Then it will be clear. Anyway stillers play all four of your top 5 this season so it will be decided between the lines.

I think they are certainly top 3 if willie and ben stay healthy.

HovaInsomnia
10-09-2008, 07:54 PM
Yeah, I think we are. We haven't played that easy of a schedule. Jacksonville and Baltimore were good wins. Philly was a bad loss, but they're a good team.

NYMetros
10-09-2008, 09:17 PM
Yeah, I think we are. We haven't played that easy of a schedule. Jacksonville and Baltimore were good wins. Philly was a bad loss, but they're a good team.

Philadelphia has looked terrible the past couple weeks. I'm starting to think they aren't that good of a team. But I do agree with the Jags and Ravens being two very nice wins for us. IMO Baltimore will be in playoff contention this season, and Jacksonville is a very physical team.

hyp21
10-10-2008, 12:11 AM
^you think so? Nah. I think they'll fall off mid to late season. They'll do well. But I don't think Flacco will bring them to the playoffs in year 1.

sep11ie
10-10-2008, 01:02 PM
^ I agree, who does he think he is, Big Ben or something?

NYMetros
10-10-2008, 04:07 PM
^ I agree, who does he think he is, Big Ben or something?

You never know. He has an amazing defense to work with, so he just has to manage the game and not turn the ball over. Any team that has a great defense and a solid running game will always be in contention IMO.

GregR25
10-10-2008, 04:09 PM
You never know. He has an amazing defense to work with, so he just has to manage the game and not turn the ball over. Any team that has a great defense and a solid running game will always be in contention IMO.

Yep, exactly!

CubbieSteve
10-10-2008, 05:15 PM
Baltimore won't win this division. They have a pretty tough schedule, not as tough as ours but still. They gotta play the Colts this week, Giants, Redskins, Steelers, Eagles and Cowboys. There defense is great, but I'm not sold on Flacco yet. He'll be a good one in this league before it's all said and done, but I don't think this is the year.

These are my top 5 btw.

1) Giants
2) Cowboys
3) Steelers
4) Titans (I'm not sold on these guys yet. Kerry Collins is their QB)
5) Redskins

carter15
10-14-2008, 05:08 PM
new top 5
titans
steelers
giants
colts
redskins

afc is back in power