PDA

View Full Version : Shanny

rocowear21
10-08-2008, 02:53 PM
Just heard on nhl network, deal in the works for shanny, possible trade and cuts to get him

t3hg00se
10-08-2008, 05:27 PM
Pretty surprised on this one to be honest.

I'm kind of hoping for a trade more then anything, we have too much talent getting scratched.

rocowear21
10-08-2008, 06:58 PM
exactly, but they did say that some moves are a def so i dont know who is going staying or even where shanny will play if in fact they do sign him. I am thinking he would be placed on the fourth line to keep his legs fresh and possibly some pp

Desert Plains
10-08-2008, 08:09 PM
They'd have to make a trade to free up cap space to sign Shanny. I assume they'd love to dump Rissmiller and his $1M salary. Maybe Dawes, though I don't know what his salary is, and I'm sure Prucha since he has a $1.6 salary and I doubt Renney will allow him the chance to contribute on a regualar basis. And if Prucha isn't in the lineup every night, we can't afford to waste his cap space.

yanks024
10-08-2008, 08:10 PM
If there is a trade and cuts is there a possible way of them signing shanny and Sundin. Put Shanny on 3rd line with dubinsky and put sundin on second line and keep drury at the wing on 1st line with gomez and nazlund.

nazlund Gomez Drury
Zherdev Sundin Dawes
Shanny Dubinsky callahan
korpikowski or Prucha Betts Voros

^^ something like that idk

But it could be possible if they clear enough cap space with a trade and cuts them signing shanny and sundin? just a thought what you guys think?

yanks024
10-08-2008, 08:11 PM
If there is a trade and cuts is there a possible way of them signing shanny and Sundin. Put Shanny on 3rd line with dubinsky and put sundin on second line and keep drury at the wing on 1st line with gomez and nazlund.

nazlund Gomez Drury
Zherdev Sundin Dawes
Shanny Dubinsky callahan
korpikoswski or prucha Betts Voros

^^ something like that idk

But it could be possible if they clear enough cap space with a trade and cuts them signing shanny and sundin? just a thought what you guys think?

rocowear21
10-08-2008, 11:45 PM
Def and trade with rissmiller, i dont see dawes going anywhere unless we used him to get gaborik or hossa, something along the lines like that, i am almost positive that dawes is not making a whole lot of money, and i believe in time he will be scoring about 30 or so goals for us and getting about 70 points, lol i dont know if they will be that high but all i am saying is that he is young, fast, and deadly, prucha would def be gone and i wouldnt be surprised if rosival was included in a deal as well, i would love to see the rangers go for gaborik, him and zherdev would be sick

King Henrik
10-09-2008, 12:39 PM
it would be a mistake not to do everything we can to get Shanny out there. we have too many young mediocre players and we need a player like Shanny out there. Good Job Sather if this is true, depending on who we have to cut

messleetch94
10-09-2008, 01:44 PM
Here is my opinion on this whole thing. Re-signing Shanahan is a good move and obvious there are moves to be made. So they need to free up cap space. Rangers have about 245,000 remaining. If anybody is to be moved, the choices i think would be Rosival, Prucha, Rissmiller, Kalinin, and Sjostrom. Those 5 combined make up for roughly 10.54 mil against the cap. Put together a couple of packages where all five can be moved would free up space to get Gaborik. Rangers have so much depth at defense in Hartford, so moving Kalinin and Rosival would not hurt. But I dont think there will be any takers. Prucha, Rissmiller, and Sjostrom, are the odd men out considering they wont produce like Callahan and Dawes. If they can put a couple of packages together and move all five, there will be some flexibility to sign shanny, get Gaborik and draft picks, and have close to 2 mil left for the rest of the season.

King Henrik
10-09-2008, 02:26 PM
Rosival and Kalinin?? god i hope not. we need as strong a D as we can get, the young guys arent quite ready yet

rocowear21
10-09-2008, 04:10 PM
moving rosy and kalinin both would be tough on the rangers i think we would have to keep one of them, i dont think potter is ready enough to be full time with the rangers, it also depends on who we got back if we put both of them in a trade i just dont think its smart to move both, prucha and rosy and rissmiller, or kalinen prucha and rissmiller,

messleetch94
10-09-2008, 04:16 PM
From the first two games I saw, Kalinin is horrible. If you can get back a somewhat seasoned defenseman for him, why not? How does anybody know our defensemen down in Hartford aren't ready? Did we know Staal was ready? He was up in the NHL the whole season. We have Del Zotto, Sanguinetti, Pock, Fahey, Potter. It was just a suggestion. But it won't happen cause Rosi and Kalinin have big contracts, but it's what I would try to do.

locustguy54
10-09-2008, 07:02 PM
pock was waived and picked up by islanders last week! Should have signed campbell while we had chance! I agree rozival and kalinin were mistakes! roz 5 mill and kalinin 2.1 is exactly what campbell 7.1 is getting per yr in chicago! and could have a kid like potter in the other spot!

jetsfan89
10-09-2008, 08:01 PM
i dont mind roszival but kalinin can go. that never made sense to sign him.

B-West.Joba
10-10-2008, 09:43 AM
no, this doesnt make sense, the new rangers are about in your face, 4 lines, speed. shanny doesnt fit that, he is too slow for dub/zherdev, and i dont see him with korp/cally and i dont think its worth it if hes a 4th liner

SLY WILLIAMS
10-10-2008, 11:22 AM
no, this doesnt make sense, the new rangers are about in your face, 4 lines, speed. shanny doesnt fit that, he is too slow for dub/zherdev, and i dont see him with korp/cally and i dont think its worth it if hes a 4th liner

I want Shanny back but you make a good point. Does Shanny play 4th line or 2nd line? If 2nd line where do you put Voros and or Dawes?

messleetch94
10-10-2008, 11:54 AM
I want Shanny back also. 4th line and pp is good enough, and it would be fine with him. He can still score goals. How do we know that he doesnt have the speed anymore? Last year was a knee injury that wasn't his fault. I believe it was a knee on knee collision. But he still scored at 20 goals, which is what the 4th line could use.

Desert Plains
10-10-2008, 04:25 PM

I think the 4th line is his best fit. With Betts and Orr likely the regulars, it's not a speed line anyway. He can play wing and get some PP time as well.

rocowear21
10-10-2008, 06:29 PM
that was the report on nhl network, anyway game 3 tonight msg baby 7 oclock go rangers

messleetch94
10-10-2008, 09:58 PM
I was wondering why they moved Voros up to the second line with Dubie and Zherdev, now I know why. They were outstanding tonight. 7 points combined. i hope that line can stay consistent. They were awesome.

PMayo24
10-11-2008, 07:48 PM
I would love nothing else but to get Shanny back. But right now, it will be tough. This team is playing good so far in these first few games. They are leading 3-0 over the flyers so far. Do you really want to disturb any momentum these guys have? If they do sign him, put him on 3rd or 4th line and use him for the PP.

rocowear21
10-12-2008, 12:23 AM
I think that is exactly what they are gonna do 4th line, and pp, other then that, and tonights game against the flyers shows that they are not going to be using prucha very much, and i was a little suprised that sat dawes for rissmiller, but rissmiller looked alright, fighting for pucks, kalinin was actually in some plays as well, anyway we won so who cares go rangers bb