PDA

View Full Version : Lebron James: Hall of Fame Right Now

JordansBulls
10-08-2008, 12:04 PM
2 Part Question: Would you consider Lebron in the top 50 all time right now?

If so, if he retired right now would he make the Hall of Fame? (Poll Question)

Zefflin
10-08-2008, 12:07 PM
I'd say he's damn close already. Just outside the top 50. Give the man time.

And no to the ladder.

Wilson
10-08-2008, 12:17 PM
He's not done enough yet. If he carries on with the way he's going though, there's no doubt he'll be top 50 and HOF.

MoBASS
10-08-2008, 12:21 PM
Top 50 is something that always bothered me. Take a look at what Top 50 means, and that's how good you are for your era of basketball. As basketball players get more athletic and skilled (the evolution of sport), players will get better.

For example, Shaq would dominate Bill Russell. LeBron would dominate Bob Cousy (who couldn't even dribble with his left hand).

Aside from all that, yes I'd say he's top 50, but doesn't have the HOF credentials quite yet.

DreamShaker
10-08-2008, 12:32 PM
He's gonna get there soon....but right now he's very close.....what he has done so far since the 03-04 season stats wise if he hung his hat on just those seasons....in that time span.....it would actually match up with some current HOFers....some guys didn't have alot of peak seasons.....

Frank Costanza
10-08-2008, 12:33 PM
ID say yes and yes, and that says a lot for a guy who only played 5 seasons, its what he brought to the game and his prenense in the NBA during his tenure, his 30ppg seasons, the playoff run where he took a bunch of nobodys to the finals, including the performance of a lifetime against det, again it was only 5 yrs, if you prorate that over 20 seasons , he may have had many more runs to the finals and even more indivudual feats that would gaurentee him an in, lets say for the matter, he has a life threatening injury and his career is over , tommorow, would we give it to him, if that is the premise of this question id still say yes, if your looking at it from a proration point of view of has he done in 5 yrs answer still yes, top 50 no doubt

Cali4rnia
10-08-2008, 12:49 PM
hall of fame already? wtf lol

Vidball
10-08-2008, 01:05 PM
If he died--yes to the HOF because he would have been one of the greatest ever.

If he retired--no way...nowhere near top 50 yet.

pete_one
10-08-2008, 01:30 PM
put him in the hall already, i dont care if he doesnt win a championship, bron is a freaking monster, he done changed da game!

theuuord
10-08-2008, 02:19 PM
Considering that I'm relatively sure you need at least eight to ten seasons to even qualify for the player HoF ballot, I would say no.

But he is almost guaranteed a spot in the near future.

DreamShaker
10-08-2008, 02:40 PM
Considering that I'm relatively sure you need at least eight to ten seasons to even qualify

I dunno Drazen Petrovich and Maurice Stokes didn't play 5 seasons in the NBA I don't think....

JMan17
10-08-2008, 02:42 PM
in the hall of fame now? no?

cubulls
10-08-2008, 02:57 PM
Hall of fame right now? :laugh:

:pity:

theuuord
10-08-2008, 02:58 PM
I dunno Drazen Petrovich and Maurice Stokes didn't play 5 seasons in the NBA I don't think....

Deaths/life-threatening injuries are an extenuating circumstance.

DreamShaker
10-08-2008, 03:06 PM
Deaths/life-threatening injuries are an extenuating circumstance.

Well that would be the only way Lebron would stop playing right now....

theuuord
10-08-2008, 03:12 PM

Well this is a hypothetical. It's not based in reality.

23LBJCleBrowns
10-08-2008, 03:13 PM
LeBron is only 23 years old give the kid some time. But if for some reason He had a career ending injury, that game 5 against the pistons got him a spot in the HOF and a spot in the Top 50. If LeBron conitinues to get better don't be surprised if he is number 1 on the list of top 50.

BoltLakerPadre
10-08-2008, 03:18 PM
This is absurd. One scoring title, one visit to the finals, and you want to declare him a HOFer? The HOF isn't about potential, it's about result. So no, he's not a HOFer. Assuming his game continues the way it's going, there is little doubt that he will be a HOFer, but this is still absurd.

Oh, and top 50 right now, also a big NO, and for the same reasons he's not a HOFer. It would just be insulting to those top 50 players who have entire careers of accomplishments on their resume, to bump them for a guy with potential.

Beno7500
10-08-2008, 03:22 PM
He will be there before he is 25

$KnicksAndKobe$
10-08-2008, 03:22 PM
top 100, not 50

DreamShaker
10-08-2008, 04:06 PM
Well this is a hypothetical. It's not based in reality.

Your hypothetical.

DreamShaker
10-08-2008, 04:13 PM
^^^
But seriously I never said Lebron would be a HOFer today....I was just making points that you don't have to have a certain amount of years in the league to qualify I don't think....

18colts29
10-08-2008, 04:19 PM
Everyone needs to get off of Lebrons nuts and let him breath, he is not a top 100 player right know, and does not belong in the hall of fame right now. He will more then likely bew both in 5 or 6 years, baring injury.

P.S. He is not even top 5 all time current players. Shaq, Kobe, Duncan, Iverson, KG, Nash, Dirk, Peirce, and McGrady all time before him.

Cavs_Fan24
10-08-2008, 04:31 PM
I think he is pretty close to being on of the 50 best all-time right now and probably top-10 all-time talent-wise, but i dont consider him a hall of famer right now. He has the stats, but not quite the achivements.

_Sn1P3r_
10-08-2008, 04:45 PM
Not just yet. And I agree ^ He has the stats already but not quite the achievements yet. (AKA, a ring.)

MiamiHeat
10-08-2008, 04:55 PM
when he wins a ring we will talk :)

nstachowski
10-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Top 50 yea...but no way for the hall of fame

Tom81
10-08-2008, 05:02 PM
No

ARMIN12NBA
10-08-2008, 05:46 PM
LeBron is only 23 years old give the kid some time. But if for some reason He had a career ending injury, that game 5 against the pistons got him a spot in the HOF and a spot in the Top 50. If LeBron conitinues to get better don't be surprised if he is number 1 on the list of top 50.

:laugh2: One game doesn't get you into the HOF. Did you know that many players have great games and don't deserve to be in the HOF and never get in? Probably not.

Anyways, that game wasn't great enough to warrant a HOF for any player (not even top 30 playoff game ever--people overreact to what just happened). The only way a player can get into a HOF based on a single game is if he scored 100 points, 60 rebounds, and 30 asissts...in Game 7 of the NBA Finals. Only way!

Anyways, Lebron is NOT in the Hall of Fame at the moment. Still needs a few more years.

sp1derm00
10-08-2008, 06:04 PM
Yes, definitely.

He doesn't have the rings, but he has the talent and accomplishments to go along with being in the HOF.

He is good enough to be considered to be one of the best, if not the best (by some) player in the league for some time. Even though he did it in one of the weakest conferences ever, he did still take his team to the NBA Finals single handed.

It seems to me that Lebron's athletic ability is so freakish that he is our "Wilt" of this generation. Supremely gifted for his size and playing against other players that don't quite come near his level of athleticism, or if they do, they don't have his talent.

Ph1lly Diehard
10-08-2008, 06:11 PM
Now: No
At the end of his career: Yes

Lakersfan2483
10-08-2008, 06:14 PM
2 Part Question: Would you consider Lebron in the top 50 all time right now?

If so, if he retired right now would he make the Hall of Fame? (Poll Question)

Based on what Lebron has accomplished I would say no, in terms of him being in the top 50 all time. If he retired today, I don't think he has the resume to be a hall of fame player.

Lakersfan2483
10-08-2008, 06:17 PM
:laugh2: One game doesn't get you into the HOF. Did you know that many players have great games and don't deserve to be in the HOF and never get in? Probably not.

Anyways, that game wasn't great enough to warrant a HOF for any player (not even top 30 playoff game ever--people overreact to what just happened). The only way a player can get into a HOF based on a single game is if he scored 100 points, 60 rebounds, and 30 asissts...in Game 7 of the NBA Finals. Only way!

Anyways, Lebron is NOT in the Hall of Fame at the moment. Still needs a few more years.

Exactly. Good points, one "great game" does not qualify a player for the hall of fame.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
10-08-2008, 06:38 PM
No needs a ring

homestarunner93
10-08-2008, 06:46 PM
I think he's borderline top 50, maybe not quite there. No way he would be in the HoF right now though, he hasn't really done enough.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-08-2008, 06:55 PM
Not now.. But, in time he will be.

Lebron23
10-08-2008, 07:01 PM
Shaq was already inducted in the NBA Top 50 players of all time back in 1996 at age of 23 or 24 yrs.old, and other NBA players that played in the 1970's and 1980's had a better career than him before he won an NBA Championship in 2000. ( Wilkins, Mcadoo)

I say that LeBron is the Shaq of the SF because i have never seen a dominant player in the SF position, and If he wins 3 or more NBA Championship rings as the no.1 option of his team. I can see him surpassing Larry Bird as the Greatest Small Forward of all time.

Leftcoast_yg
10-08-2008, 09:57 PM
move it to cavs forum

cmellofan15
10-08-2008, 10:11 PM
^ Dude do u always do that?

Hawkeye15
10-08-2008, 10:26 PM
it's only a matter of time. He needs a couple more seasons at least to move into the top 50

Hawkeye15
10-08-2008, 10:27 PM
No needs a ring

????? There are tons of players in the HOF and top 50 that have no ring. A ring doesn't mean everything. It is simply the cherry on top. So Karl Malone, John Stockton, Reggie Miller, Patrick Ewing, these guys are not top 50?

cmellofan15
10-08-2008, 10:30 PM
^ No they suck w/out a ring LOL

But seriously rings don't matter but when you look at what seperates players CURRENTLY it usually comes down to the rings.

That's why Wade is considered to be better than Paul (not that there's a problem with that) and Kobe better than LeBron b/c there's no real reason that Paul and LeBron can't be better than them

Hawkeye15
10-08-2008, 10:44 PM
^ No they suck w/out a ring LOL

But seriously rings don't matter but when you look at what seperates players CURRENTLY it usually comes down to the rings.

That's why Wade is considered to be better than Paul (not that there's a problem with that) and Kobe better than LeBron b/c there's no real reason that Paul and LeBron can't be better than them

I agree, the best players of all time should have a ring, it is the clear cut sign they were capable of winning a ring. My only point was a ring doesn't neccesarily define a career. And a healthy Wade is as good as anyone, I shouldn't have left him out, my b. He and Kobe shared a eerily similar benefit by playing with a healthy, motivated Shaq to propel them to win early in their careers, but I have complete faith that LeBron and Paul will win rings. There is no MJ nowadays, that just corners the market on championships!

G-Funk
10-08-2008, 10:49 PM
who ever said yes is an idiot.

cmellofan15
10-08-2008, 10:50 PM
I agree, the best players of all time should have a ring, it is the clear cut sign they were capable of winning a ring. My only point was a ring doesn't neccesarily define a career. And a healthy Wade is as good as anyone, I shouldn't have left him out, my b. He and Kobe shared a eerily similar benefit by playing with a healthy, motivated Shaq to propel them to win early in their careers, but I have complete faith that LeBron and Paul will win rings. There is no MJ nowadays, that just corners the market on championships!

I don't think rings mean **** except the TEAM did good, the coach was good, and one or two guys really stepped up. I don't think CP3 or LeBron will get a ring b/c they don't have a Shaq or a Kobe (A guy to lead the team or a guy to help out but be a BIG piece to the puzzle). I think the better teams will get the rings b/c it's a team game and no matter how great of player you have on your team he's not winning a Ship single-handidly.

Hawkeye15
10-08-2008, 10:55 PM
I don't think rings mean **** except the TEAM did good, the coach was good, and one or two guys really stepped up. I don't think CP3 or LeBron will get a ring b/c they don't have a Shaq or a Kobe (A guy to lead the team or a guy to help out but be a BIG piece to the puzzle). I think the better teams will get the rings b/c it's a team game and no matter how great of player you have on your team he's not winning a Ship single-handidly.

It is a team game. I do think LeBron will be at the MJ level though. Surround him with good role players, he will get it done. The dude is 23. In 5 years, with natural progression, he may be the best player of all time. Speculative of course. Rings do count when distinguishing the best from the elite. They have to. I do agree in today's game, it is a watered down league, that doesn't see the same teams in the playoffs/finals every year like back in the day. But a ring still defines a lot. For instance, KG was a top 50 player this time last year. He is now a top 20 player I think, with the ring.

RapsGuy23
10-08-2008, 11:12 PM
LeBron James hasn't been in the league long enough to be considered a HOF'er but there's no doubt in my mind that he will get there. He has the potential to be the best, period.

With five seasons in the NBA under his belt Bron hold career averages of
- 27.3ppg, 6.9 rpg, 6.6 apg, 1.8 spg.....

Stats aside he's a true leader, passionate, competitive, hits game winning shots, athletic freak...and the list goes on. And to think he's only 23 years old. Dude is SCARY GOOD!!

lakers4sho
10-09-2008, 12:45 AM
Shaq was already inducted in the NBA Top 50 players of all time back in 1996 at age of 23 or 24 yrs.old, and other NBA players that played in the 1970's and 1980's had a better career than him before he won an NBA Championship in 2000. ( Wilkins, Mcadoo)

I say that LeBron is the Shaq of the SF because i have never seen a dominant player in the SF position, and If he wins 3 or more NBA Championship rings as the no.1 option of his team. I can see him surpassing Larry Bird as the Greatest Small Forward of all time.

Bird
Dr. J
IceMan
Worthy
Pippen
Dominique
Havlicek
Baylor
Rick Barry
Alex English

read more NBA history man...

Hawkeye15
10-09-2008, 12:57 AM
Bird
Dr. J
IceMan
Worthy
Pippen
Dominique
Havlicek
Baylor
Rick Barry
Alex English

:clap:
NBA Classic TV works too.

Beno7500
10-09-2008, 01:03 AM

yes he does

Lebron23
10-09-2008, 02:17 AM
Bird
Dr. J
IceMan
Worthy
Pippen
Dominique
Havlicek
Baylor
Rick Barry
Alex English

LeBron James is always top 10 in scoring and assists per game, and your an idiot if you think that Prime Scottie Pippen and James "" I am the 3rd option of my team" Worthy are better than LeBron as the no.1 option of their respective teams.

I said that unlike those players he started his career in the NBA, when he was 18 yrs.old, and already led a $hitty team in the NBA Finals.

Read more NBA History. :D :D :D

theuuord
10-09-2008, 04:06 AM
Bird
Dr. J
IceMan
Worthy
Pippen
Dominique
Havlicek
Baylor
Rick Barry
Alex English

I mean, most of these players were great, but you're really going to argue that Rick Barry was a dominant player at the SF position? Or Alex English? Both great players, don't get me wrong, but...
I mean....

Guys like Shaq and Duncan are dominant players. SF always has a plethora of talent but rarely does one player absolutely overtake his competition like LeBron is teetering on doing.

abe_froman
10-09-2008, 04:16 AM
I mean, most of these players were great, but you're really going to argue that Rick Barry was a dominant player at the SF position? Or Alex English? Both great players, don't get me wrong, but...
I mean....

Guys like Shaq and Duncan are dominant players. SF always has a plethora of talent but rarely does one player absolutely overtake his competition like LeBron is teetering on doing.

rick berry wasn't dominate?? he single-handedly won a title

LakerzDQ
10-09-2008, 05:28 AM

well maybe he'll get tempted by the 50 million dollars from Europe. hahaha.

he's not HOF if he retires right now.

Iodine
10-09-2008, 08:48 AM
ROFLCOPTER

Holy ****
Almost as funny as
Can Lebron play C

Leftcoast_yg
10-09-2008, 12:43 PM

actually it's mi first few times, but if u read the forums name it says "NBA Forum" not lebron or cavs forum there is already a forum for that so move it on out:)

Leftcoast_yg
10-09-2008, 12:50 PM

jordan won rings by himself:confused:, if pippen, kukoc, horrace or rodman etc. wasnt there than he wouldnt have no rings pippen was a top 50 player remember, so of course no one can win without help from another great player its that plain and simple look at him when he came back with the wizards, he made the all star team and had good players but if he were to play with shaq than he would have probably won his 7th ring.

Hawkeye15
10-09-2008, 01:15 PM
jordan won rings by himself:confused:, if pippen, kukoc, horrace or rodman etc. wasnt there than he wouldnt have no rings pippen was a top 50 player remember, so of course no one can win without help from another great player its that plain and simple look at him when he came back with the wizards, he made the all star team and had good players but if he were to play with shaq than he would have probably won his 7th ring.

I never said that. There are a handful of elite teams every year, and they usually have a clear cut best player, ie, star, Pistons being the exception. It is near impossible to win at the rate MJ did in modern basketball, the Celtics for example don't count in my book, there were like 10 teams at most back then. Basically, with the Lakers current squad, I think 28 year old MJ instead of Kobe would have won it last year, and would win the next 3-4 years. That is what I mean. There is no player today that is so dominate, that with help, it is pretty much automatic they win a ring now. That is what I meant. And most know my opinion on Pippen being a top 50 player.

Hawkeye15
10-09-2008, 01:16 PM
actually it's mi first few times, but if u read the forums name it says "NBA Forum" not lebron or cavs forum there is already a forum for that so move it on out:)

um, how many Kobe, Bynum, and Laker threads are there on the so called NBA Forum page?? Don't be a hypocrite

Leftcoast_yg
10-09-2008, 01:43 PM
well it has to stop sometime right

ramansingh3
10-09-2008, 06:37 PM
No

bogdanrom
10-09-2008, 06:47 PM
If he retired right now I say that he wouldn't make it to the HOF but he will be really close. But it's a no brainer that by the end of his career he will be in the HOF.

JR-FIGHTER
10-10-2008, 02:51 AM
como que esta medio pendeho este waye

what the hell are you talking about!

JR-FIGHTER
10-10-2008, 02:52 AM
theres no way he would be in the hall of fame if he retire at this point in his career!

23LBJCleBrowns
10-10-2008, 12:58 PM

No, What I was saying was that he has had great games, but with all those great games he wasn't going to get in, but in that game 5 that boosts up his chances. Then that led us to the finals.

G-Funk
10-10-2008, 03:23 PM
ppl who think so, don't now shgt about the NBA and it's past.

cahawk
10-11-2008, 01:55 AM
Definetly, Yes.

Lebron is the best basketball player on the planet...
and at such a young age is unheard of.
Kobe is in his prime and yet a much younger Lebron is already better.
Lebron, stuck in a small media Clevland and a weak team is under rated.

Watching the Olympic team with all those great stars, Lebron was a man with boys.

Lakersfan2483
10-11-2008, 05:34 AM
Definetly, Yes.

Lebron is the best basketball player on the planet...
and at such a young age is unheard of.
Kobe is in his prime and yet a much younger Lebron is already better.
Lebron, stuck in a small media Clevland and a weak team is under rated.

Watching the Olympic team with all those great stars, Lebron was a man with boys.

Did you watch the same Olympics we all watched? A ridiculous comment. D. Wade and Kobe more than held their own with Lebron. Who took over the final game and made the plays down the stretch to secure the gold medal? Kobe was clearly the man on that team when it mattered, Coach K told Kobe he needed him to lead the troops against Spain and take over the game. Coach K did not go to Lebron or Paul, he went to Kobe and told him to take over.

Lebron is a great player, but he's not better than Kobe.

Top Players right now:

1. Kobe
2. Lebron
3. Duncan
4. KG
5. D. Wade

rico
10-11-2008, 06:25 AM
dang i put yes without reading the thing. hes extremely close. lebron is just a monster, best player overall ive seen since jordan (he isnt jordan, but next best thing for me!)

MTar786
10-11-2008, 03:16 PM
let him actually compete for a title and win a game in the finals b4 even speaking of these things.

MTar786
10-11-2008, 03:19 PM
he needs a good jumper and better d too.... right now he's just an amazing player who puts up amazing stats cuz he's like the only player on his team who does something. got good role players.. but no star to share stats with whish is why theyre so high.

AllTheWay
10-11-2008, 03:47 PM

oh mi gosh, I is qouted

JordansBulls
10-11-2008, 04:21 PM
let him actually compete for a title and win a game in the finals b4 even speaking of these things.

Well if we are basing off a player actually winning as the best on the team than Tim Duncan is still the best.