PDA

View Full Version : What if we picked an NBA team to attend the Olympics?

jellywuoo
10-08-2008, 11:03 AM
If we picked a random NBA team to attend the Olympic, say New Orleans(assuming Peja replaced by Mike Miller) for example, do you think we could win the title?

Group VS China,Angola,Greece,Spain,German
1/4 VS Australia
Semi final VS Argentina
Final VS Spain

How do you think about it?:smoking:

BoltLakerPadre
10-08-2008, 11:28 AM
While there would be less over all talent if you picked one NBA team, verus making a dream team, there would be a lot more team chemistry, and we would start to look like some of those European teams, who make up for their lack of athletism and skill with team work and chemistry because their national teams play together so much.

While I'm sure there are many other teams that would be hamstrung in the same way, one team for sure that wouldn't have enough players to field a team is the Lakers, cause so many of their players are from other countries.

GunFactor187
10-08-2008, 11:35 AM
The Detroit Pistons hands down.

BADizzleBoY
10-08-2008, 11:46 AM
76ers :D

_Sn1P3r_
10-08-2008, 04:55 PM
Boston.

Frank Costanza
10-08-2008, 04:57 PM
i think a good team could sweep through the olympics, a scrub team would have trouble

sp1derm00
10-08-2008, 06:21 PM
The Celtics would probably be the best team to choose to go had we chose an NBA team to go.

They don't have many (or any?) international players and are the champs. They have 3 core players that could easily adapt to the international game. two of them are great outside shooters and KG is like a prototypical international big man. They have great team chemistry, and swarming, physical defense.

The NBA's second best team (based on last year), the Lakers, would be missing a core player in Pau and possibly Sasha, Radman, and Turiaf, all of whom were very important to the Lakers last season.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
10-08-2008, 06:40 PM
boston or rockets

cmellofan15
10-08-2008, 06:47 PM
boston or rockets

Are you ********in serious? The Rockets best player is in China?

Anyways Boston, Detroit, or MAYBE the Lakers (if Bynum lives up to his GOAT hype) but teams like the Spurs or the Rockets couldn't last with their backbones being int'l players.

LAKESHOW..
10-08-2008, 06:58 PM
lakers or magic

da wood
10-08-2008, 07:32 PM
well if a team would be able to pick up another player in the place of another that may have to play for his country then yeah the lakers or boston would be my choice oh and d town

IndyRealist
10-08-2008, 08:53 PM
And then come back from the olympics exhausted to an injury-riddled season. Players rest during the offseason, they working on strength training, fundamentals, new moves, rehabbing, etc. NBA franchises are businesses, and I don't think they'd be willing to risk ALL of their assets when no other team would be risking any.

Kyle N.
10-08-2008, 10:36 PM
If we picked a random NBA team to attend the Olympic, say New Orleans(assuming Peja replaced by Mike Miller) for example, do you think we could win the title?

Group VS China,Angola,Greece,Spain,German
1/4 VS Australia
Semi final VS Argentina
Final VS Spain

How do you think about it?:smoking:

:confused:

AntiG
10-09-2008, 01:28 AM
obviously Boston. Their teamwork last year was amongst the best the league has ever seen.

jellywuoo
10-09-2008, 07:05 AM
Nobody actually responds to my question.But seriously i think it is quite difficult for a NBA team to win the Olympic Title.

Okay,let me put it this way.

If Argentina National Team became a NBA team,say in Eastern.

Do you think they can make their way to the playoff?