PDA

View Full Version : What team will dominate for the first 1-2 months and then decline?

lavis
10-08-2008, 10:42 AM
I think every season there's a team that has a good first month or maybe two months, leading their division and possibly their confrence. Only to decline after that and battle for homecourt advantage.

I mean a team having a 16-3 record and then suddenly it's 22-14 (which is still good though) and in the end something like 45-37.

Obviously a good team with easy first months schedule wise.

I haven't had time to check out every teams schedule's so I can't really say.

LOL SORRY, this was meant to be posted in the NBA FORUM, sorry again...

Nexus
10-08-2008, 08:07 PM
I'm thinking the Pistons will start to show their age mid-year.

Maybe the Rockets until someone goes down.

Hard to predict who the Magic of this year will be. I mean, what real reason did they have to go 16-3 or whatever is was? Their big three played well all season. Things were just clicking? Teams didn't notice they had to double Dwight?

TMAC94
10-08-2008, 08:08 PM
not the rockets man :@

cmellofan15
10-08-2008, 08:30 PM
Either the Rockets or the Wizards IMO

Kc17.
10-08-2008, 08:32 PM
I see the rockets winning the title to be honest.

Not a rocket fan either.

breedlove2drug
10-08-2008, 08:45 PM
I see the rockets winning the title to be honest.

Not a rocket fan either.

haha, you see the rockets winning the title? thats hilarious

MiamiHeat
10-08-2008, 08:47 PM

everybody got their own opinion
you see the lakers winning the title?

Kyben36
10-08-2008, 08:49 PM
Whoever gets a Big injury in that time. Like if Kobe got hurt after 2 monthes the Lakers would Decline
If Dwight gets hurt The Magic are going down.
If CP3 is gone the Hornets are shot.
If any star player gets hurt, The team will fall.

Kc17.
10-08-2008, 08:52 PM

Yeah,Its essentially the same team that won 22 straight..but now they have a healthy Yao ming and Ron Artest ..

I see them as the favorites to win the west..Its just my opinion though..

But on thread Topic I think the Mavs are gunna come out blazing..but then stumble a little.

prash
10-08-2008, 08:52 PM
portland

breedlove2drug
10-08-2008, 08:56 PM
everybody got their own opinion
you see the lakers winning the title?

no dude... there is a difference between opinion and fact... of course he can have an opinion, but its a bad one (cause its fact).

anybody can have an opinion, like saying that the clippers can win a title this year, but in reality they cant...... thats why i laughed at his opinion

and the lakers have a way better chance than the rockets on winning the title

MiamiHeat
10-08-2008, 08:57 PM
no dude... there is a difference between opinion and fact... of course he can have an opinion, but its a bad one (cause its fact).

anybody can have an opinion, like saying that the clippers can win a title this year, but in reality they cant...... thats why i laughed at his opinion

and the lakers have a way better chance than the rockets on winning the title

No the Rockets could have a chance anything could happen,
I would laugh at somebody if they said the Thunder team would win it all, or some of those sorry teams.

breedlove2drug
10-08-2008, 09:02 PM
Yeah,Its essentially the same team that won 22 straight..but now they have a healthy Yao ming and Ron Artest ..

But on thread Topic I think the Mavs are gunna come out blazing..but then stumble a little.

streaks during the season mean nothing in the play-offs... the play-offs is a different atmosphere

and the addition to ron artest is good... but not to win a the finals this year

sp1derm00
10-08-2008, 09:05 PM
Utah

23LBJCleBrowns
10-08-2008, 09:06 PM
Wizards will do the opposite of this. I got to go with the Pistons or 76ers.

dannyking18
10-08-2008, 09:07 PM
i see the toronto raptors doing well the first 2 months, then after that its gonna be a sharp turn and they will become verry low.even tho the raptorsare verry underated there a O.K team,what they really need is a wingman who can score 15+ point per game or maybe more.

Kc17.
10-08-2008, 09:08 PM
streaks during the season mean nothing in the play-offs... the play-offs is a different atmosphere

and the addition to ron artest is good... but not to win a the finals this year

With an injured Yao ming,they still put up a fight vs the Jazz.

Dont forget they were one of the best defensive teams in the league last season.

Too say they dont have a legit shot at the title is stupid.

ARMIN12NBA
10-08-2008, 09:09 PM

1. Their 22 game win streak was against largely inferior opponents as well as a Laker team without Pau Gasol (and Bynum, Ariza, Mihm were still injured as well).

2. Yao Ming is not healthy at all. Neither is McGrady. They are both having problems. Anyways, whenever we have heard that Yao is healthy, he has always succumb to some sort of injury.

MiamiHeat
10-08-2008, 09:11 PM
I have a feeling that the Nuggets will start hot then cool down
and be fighting for the 8th seed in the West

Kohaku
10-08-2008, 09:14 PM
I have a feeling that the Nuggets will start hot then cool down
and be fighting for the 8th seed in the West

Not again!!! :speechless:

breedlove2drug
10-08-2008, 09:16 PM
With an injured Yao ming,they still put up a fight vs the Jazz.

Dont forget they were one of the best defensive teams in the league last season.

Too say they dont have a legit shot at the title is stupid.

well the lakers team had greater injuries and they went to the finals, so i guess you can call me stupid but i dont think they can win it...

but we will see, who knows

Bosh=nextKG
10-08-2008, 09:32 PM
well the lakers team had greater injuries and they went to the finals, so i guess you can call me stupid but i dont think they can win it...

but we will see, who knows

How did the Lakers have greater injury? they didn't have bynum who hasn't proved **** yet. he played well in wut 10 games? Yao is alot better than Bynum as of right now.The rockets have a very good chance to win the championship as long as everyone stays healthy. There is no better trio on any team than a healthy, Yao, Tmac, and Artest. Thye also have a deep bench with lots of talent.

Jonathan2323
10-08-2008, 09:49 PM
The Nuggets will start hot and then fade and not even make the playoffs in a tough western conference.

cmellofan15
10-08-2008, 09:52 PM
^ Like thats gonna happen :rolleyes:

It's more likely for Miami to keep their wins in the teens again

kobe24>jordan23
10-08-2008, 09:54 PM
suns or cavs!!!

Lost Art
10-08-2008, 09:57 PM
Whoever gets a Big injury in that time. Like if Kobe got hurt after 2 monthes the Lakers would Decline
If Dwight gets hurt The Magic are going down.
If CP3 is gone the Hornets are shot.
If any star player gets hurt, The team will fall.

That's exactly why the Rockets have to be my choice here. Sorry guys, but Yao and Tmac are just too fragile.

bidi_nash
10-08-2008, 09:58 PM
Cavaliers

junion
10-08-2008, 10:00 PM
I think the Lakers and the Rockets both have a chance. Every contending team has a chance (lakers, celtics, spurs, rockets, cavs, hornets - i left some teams out because i dont want to list all so don't get all freaked out if i didn't mention your team sheesh). The teams i think that don't have that great a chance are the teams rebuilding (memphis, OKC, etc).

But for the teams that will do well, then fall. I think nuggets - they probably will be 7-10the place at the end. for some reason, it seems like there's chemistry issues - they'd be so much better if they took care of that

also Portland. I'm excited to see portland, but I think they'll make it to the playoffs, maybe even get far, but inexperience will kick in. but i think they have a slim chance, but still a chance.. they still need to go through some hard times and learn from them

i also see the bulls doing well, then for no reason, faltering

Goon.Weezy
10-08-2008, 10:02 PM
the 76ers

Ph1lly Diehard
10-08-2008, 10:04 PM
Wizards will do the opposite of this. I got to go with the Pistons or 76ers.

Why would we dominate the first few months with almost a totally new team? Wouldn't it be the exact opposite because we need to know how to play together?

If anything we start off slow..

Jonathan2323
10-08-2008, 10:22 PM
^ Like thats gonna happen :rolleyes:

It's more likely for Miami to keep their wins in the teens again

your homerism is incredible:rolleyes:

goku
10-08-2008, 10:23 PM
anybody could start off hot then cool down if a injury happens what if kobe get injured it a possibility cp3 could bynum can as well since he just had surgery

i say portland cause they are so young

cmellofan15
10-08-2008, 10:25 PM
your homerism is incredible:rolleyes:

Oh I guess im SUCH a homer since I tried to defend my team. Oh well I guess i'm gonna go back and tell everyone Carmelo's going to be MVP and AI is going to be the Final's MVP.

It's not my fault we won more than 20 games...

Jonathan2323
10-08-2008, 10:25 PM
if you take a vote on which is more likely Miami only winning in the teens again or Nuggets not making the playoffs. i put my money on the Nuggets not making the playoffs that team lost camby there only defense minded player on the team. they are going to score over 110 points game on them

breedlove2drug
10-08-2008, 10:30 PM
How did the Lakers have greater injury? they didn't have bynum who hasn't proved **** yet. he played well in wut 10 games? Yao is alot better than Bynum as of right now.The rockets have a very good chance to win the championship as long as everyone stays healthy. There is no better trio on any team than a healthy, Yao, Tmac, and Artest. Thye also have a deep bench with lots of talent.

are you joking dude? they didnt have mihm, ariza, fisher's ankle was injured, and bynum

goku
10-08-2008, 10:33 PM
are you joking dude? they didnt have mihm, ariza, fisher's ankle was injured, and bynum

and we didnt have yao battier was injured t-mac was injured and they still played also rafer was to

cmellofan15
10-08-2008, 10:36 PM
if you take a vote on which is more likely Miami only winning in the teens again or Nuggets not making the playoffs. i put my money on the Nuggets not making the playoffs that team is so overrated.

And Miami's not? They lead the league in LOSING and now they're supposed to be a Playoff team? Don't you think that's a hell of a turnaround :eyebrow:

If it's like that Minnesota has a better chance at the Playoffs than we do since they had a worse record :rolleyes:

breedlove2drug
10-08-2008, 10:40 PM
and we didnt have yao battier was injured t-mac was injured and they still played also rafer was to

? and kobe's finger... dude, the point is that the lakers went farther than the rockets

LAKESHOW..
10-08-2008, 10:42 PM
utah i think will do good but drop at the end

goku
10-08-2008, 10:43 PM
? and kobe's finger... dude, the point is that the lakers went farther than the rockets

with out yao ........if it wasnt for that trade for gasol that i still question till today :confused: the lakers would not have made the made the playoffs as a top seed or even made it at all

breedlove2drug
10-08-2008, 10:47 PM
^^ wow... don't be a sour grape. That must the worst excuse I have heard.

I could say the same thing with artest, but I dont complain on you guys getting him

goku
10-08-2008, 10:54 PM
^^ wow... don't be a sour grape. That must the worst excuse I have heard.

I could say the same thing with artest, but I dont complain on you guys getting him

cause u cant complain yal got gasol the same way

RapsGuy23
10-08-2008, 10:56 PM
Pistons and Trailblazers

breedlove2drug
10-08-2008, 10:56 PM
cause u cant complain yal got gasol the same way

?... dude.. the lakers were interested in artest, vice versa...

you dont know your facts

Hawkeye15
10-08-2008, 11:02 PM
Orlando or Detroit possibly

barreleffact
10-08-2008, 11:30 PM
I could see the rockets struggling. Mcgrady will always be injury riddled, and yao has feet problems. both are risks to be gone at any point. IF they can stay healthy, then I retract this statement, but if not, they are in for an uphill battle.

barreleffact
10-08-2008, 11:34 PM
And Miami's not? They lead the league in LOSING and now they're supposed to be a Playoff team? Don't you think that's a hell of a turnaround :eyebrow:

If it's like that Minnesota has a better chance at the Playoffs than we do since they had a worse record :rolleyes:

lol...terrible argument. their roster that lost so many games had mainly d-leaguers and prospect talent. they tanked on purpose. i think riley knew from the jump he wanted to tank. i mean an injured wade and a fat, lazy, unmotivated shaq werent gonna do anything. now they have a few nice pgs, a healthy wade, marion, beasley, haslem...they can definately make the playoffs in the east

dre1990
10-08-2008, 11:56 PM
Wizards

Jonathan2323
10-09-2008, 12:07 AM

ur kidding right? you know nothing about basketball!last year wade was hurt and missed half the games. shaq barely pLAYed. When shaq was traded Marion played only 10 games. The Tank the season by playing D-leaguers. your saying that we cant make the playoffs with our current roster in the east they should make the playoffs.

A healthy Wade with Beasley and Marion=Playoffs

Dont post if you dont know!

LAKERS 24/7
10-09-2008, 03:01 AM
I'm a Laker fan and I think the rockets have a legit shot at making it to the finals. Will they? No

Afridi786
10-09-2008, 03:11 AM
I'm a Laker fan and I think the rockets have a legit shot at making it to the finals. Will they? No

Will the Lakers? I don't think they will. Opinion is an opinion, don't state it as a fact.

BullsFan_1
10-09-2008, 03:13 AM
I think it will be Portland.

Their younger players will be pretty solid for a while, but then hit the "rookie wall" and begin to slow down a bit...

Just my opinion, IDK. :shrug:

LAKERS 24/7
10-09-2008, 03:52 AM
Will the Lakers? I don't think they will. Opinion is an opinion, don't state it as a fact.

I assumed people would assume its my opinion, because its obviously not a fact?

Beno7500
10-09-2008, 04:32 AM
portland. then they will lose most of the rest of their games

JJ81
10-09-2008, 06:31 AM
Portland will do well early but will decline due to injury

Fireworld
10-09-2008, 06:53 AM
Atl

DenButsu
10-09-2008, 07:39 AM
Dallas or Phoenix - but that's pretty much a wild guess. I basically think this is impossible to predict (injuries, slumps, unforseen locker room issues - unpredictable).

I think the Nuggets will do the opposite. Start off shaky because of a tough schedule and adjusting to life without Marcus in the middle and with a bunch of new guys. But then get it together after about 5-ish weeks and hit a nice stride early to mid December.

michaellui11
10-09-2008, 07:41 AM
i agree
i think the bucks will hav a chance to be lyk dat