PDA

View Full Version : Manny being manipulated

4everblue
10-07-2008, 11:13 PM
Manny being manipulated (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=manny)

really interesting read. It's so obvious that Boras was behind the whole trade thing (of course, if the options are picked up, Boras gets nothing).

How come this was never mentioned or brought up to the attention during the whole meltdown???

Anyway, I still hate Boras.

THINKBLUE15
10-08-2008, 01:06 AM
This was posted a while back, but yea; it was a good read. Very long article, but a good one nonetheless.

Tragedy
10-08-2008, 01:30 AM
The whole trade thing was Ramirez AND Boras.

Ramirez knew he was getting FA at seasons end, and that's why he went out and hired Scott Boras. Together as a team they knew they'd be able to cause enough childish hell to get those options declined.

Ramirez was not manipulated one bit. He knew exactly what he was doing the moment he signed on with Scott.

xavier
10-08-2008, 03:37 AM
I saw another thread and I was meaning to ask you Tragedy what you thought about this article. As a DOdger fan and a fan of Manny for doing what he's done for the team thus far, I am really curious as to what Redsox fans feel about it. I am a big fan of Bill Simmons, and for myself the article was a great read, and gave me a lot of insight that I would have not had without it. However, its obvious, and well admitted, the BS is a fan first, at least when it comes to Boston things, and I also have a sneaking suspicion that its maybe not ALL Boras to blame. Sure, It all sounds great when Manny says he loves LA and is "blessed ot be here". But I am still convinced that the chances are that he'll just go to the highest bidder come this offseason. And if the Dodgers so offer him the best contract, who's to say that his antics wont come up? I'd like to believe that they wont as much, but they are likely to. Us realistic Dodger fans just hope that the huge differences in the two cities make a difference, and LA's laid-back, get em next time mentality (which are not those expressed here on the board), will suffice and the impact of said antics are overshadowed by his performance on the field, which are always consistently good.

Bleedinblueball
10-08-2008, 02:25 PM
of course he did manny is an idiot savant but a savant none the less he needed boras to solidify his aging years every good ball player needs to know whats happening in the end look at jeff ket and bonds bonds is sitting wishing he was paying and making money and jeff who most think is a real RICHARD (dick) is still playing manny is smart enough to lock p those end years we all knw he will still hit and be productive just hpe it is for the dodgers in stead of the skankees

LAFord
10-08-2008, 03:03 PM
Manny quote after the ALDS clincher: "I gotta thank Scott for bringing me to L.A." Hmmm.

00sxy
10-08-2008, 03:53 PM
Nope.

Fact is this move benefits both Manny and Boras financially. Don't make Manny out to be some poor marionette with Boras pulling the strings.

Tragedy
10-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Nope.

Fact is this move benefits both Manny and Boras financially. Don't make Manny out to be some poor marionette with Boras pulling the strings.
Exactly.

It seems like every time Boras gets involved, fans try and place the blame SOLELY on the agent (Boras) and ignore the player all together.

Scott Boras does not do everything, it has to be a two way street (With the player). If players want a certain thing, they'll do it themselves: A-Rod made sure he re-signed with the Yankees last offseason, regardless of the things Boras was saying and doing.

BlueMouse
10-08-2008, 05:06 PM
Since the beginning I have wondered why Manny went out and got Boras in the first place. Manny must have had some reason: Free Agency, a supportive partner to communicate with the Red Sox FO, a guy to do his taxes ... there had to be some reason. The fact that Manny was keeping his paychecks in his locker means his last agent was being neglectful.

Don't get me wrong, Boras is one of those worms that grows in the scum on the bottom of a pigs foot - but Manny wanted something when he went to him.

As for the beginning of the article where the authors friend got stuck with the bill... What kind of free loading punk invites people out after they are guests on the show he works on, then when he thinks someone else is paying he runs up the tab. Dude's friend is an *** who deserved to get stuck with the bill.