PDA

View Full Version : Player who has proved you wrong....

DreamShaker
10-07-2008, 04:45 PM
Which player or players have exceeded your expectations and proved you wrong....have you ever predicted a player to be a bust and then he has proved you wrong? Have you ever predicted a player to be a stud and he has been a bust???

LayZbone
10-07-2008, 04:46 PM
i know a lot of heat fans were expecting Dorell Wright to turn into a star...

_Sn1P3r_
10-07-2008, 04:49 PM
Bargs. Expected last year to be like a really good season for him.

18colts29
10-07-2008, 04:55 PM
I thought Kwame Brown would be a bust. I guess that what I get for thinking.

JordansBulls
10-07-2008, 05:02 PM
Which player or players have exceeded your expectations and proved you wrong....have you ever predicted a player to be a bust and then he has proved you wrong? Have you ever predicted a player to be a stud and he has been a bust???

Chris Paul. I thought the guy was overrated coming out of college, but this last year he proved me wrong as to how good he is. Just the fact that someone his size could be that productive statistically and even be 2nd in PER and lead the league in WS and OWS shows how good he can be.

MiamiHeat
10-07-2008, 05:06 PM
I don't really have expectations for rookies coming out of the draft

JMan17
Sasha Vujacic. i use to hate him so much that everytime he came in the game i use to get so pissed at PJ on why he keeps bringing him in the game when he kept missing. Well this last year he proved me dead wrong, which is why he is now known as the machine :D.

Lakersfan2483
Dirk Nowitzki proved me wrong. I did not think he would develop into such a great player, especially after watching his first 2 yrs. or so.

Lakersfan2483
10-07-2008, 05:07 PM
Sasha Vujacic. i use to hate him so much that everytime he came in the game i use to get so pissed at PJ on why he keeps bringing him in the game when he kept missing. Well this last year he proved me dead wrong, which is why he is now known as the machine :D.

I will agree with you on this one, I never thought Sasha would develop into such a good shooter and key role player.

DreamShaker
10-07-2008, 05:09 PM
For me:

I thought Gerald Green would be alot better than he is....

And

I thought Boozer looked like garbage coming out of college....and I was wrong....

I also found it funny that I was watching an old draft thing from 04....SAS and a few other announcers were saying the Magic were crazy for passing on Okafor and getting dwight Howard...but I mean....at the time Okafor looked like the sure thing coming out of college and Howard was coming straight out of high school....but still funny to see.....

sacgiants1213
10-07-2008, 05:15 PM
lebron james proved me wrong...i was telling a lot of people that he's gonna be a bust. i look like an idiot for saying that now.

zarko cabarkapa is another person who proved me wrong. i thought he was gonna be a stud in the nba especially coming over to golden state, but no.

pete_one
i thought bynum was gonna be like brendon haywood

okcthunder1
i thought both Corey Brewer and Julian Wright would be studs coming into the league, they still may become studs but not yet

Beno7500
10-07-2008, 05:22 PM
kevin martin. i thought he was nothing

Hawkeye15
10-07-2008, 05:32 PM
Elton Brand. Dukies don't make it in most cases, and he was only like 6'7" or so coming out at PF. Boy was I wrong :)

BoltLakerPadre
10-07-2008, 05:54 PM
I will agree with you on this one, I never thought Sasha would develop into such a good shooter and key role player.

I wasn't real high on Sasha either, but he really proved me wrong last year.

Farmar too. I thought our point position was hopeless, then we got Fish back, and Farmar started to develop.

JayW_1023
10-07-2008, 06:15 PM
Ben Gordon proved me wrong two years ago by playing really well when the Bulls swept Miami. Too bad he became the same selfish me-first scorer again the year after.

I thought Adam Morrison would become an explosive clutch scorer in his rookie season with a seriously competitive edge...instead he became a soft, defenseless chucker that doesn't know what rebounding means. I hope he picks it up in the wake of his devastating injury, but for a top 3 pick, he is looking like a complete bust.

The whole Houston team proved me wrong after Yao went down last season.

Hopefully Pat Riley will prove me wrong this season and stay the hell away from the bench.

bidi_nash
10-07-2008, 06:46 PM
I thought Darko Milicic was going to fit in with that draft class but he hasn't been nearly as good as a lot of people drafted behind him

HouRealCoach
10-07-2008, 06:49 PM
Steve Francis and JJ Redick proved to me that they arent as good as I thought....I do have faith in them though....I NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR thought that in 2004-2005 season that Wade and Nash would take their teams where they went

JAZZNC
10-07-2008, 06:58 PM
Well, I really thought that the Jazz had made a huge mistake by taking Deron Williams over Chris Paul. I'm a Wake Forest/Jazz fan so I just knew they were gonna take Paul and when they didn't I thought they had made one of the biggest draft blunders ever. Wow, do I look like an idiot. Now I firmly believe that they made the right choice (I believe Williams is better no matter what anybody else says:hide:)

On the other end of the spectrum, one guy I thought would do really well and didn't was Todd Fuller. Good player in college but just didn't translate. Joe Smith really surprised me too. To watch him play in college he looked like he had that nastiness that you need to be a great big man in the NBA but he just kinda crapped out. He's had a decent career but I thought he was going to be a perennial All-Star.

IndyRealist
10-07-2008, 07:43 PM
I thought Glenn Robinson was going to be one of the most dominate players of the 90's. Apparently the Bucks did too, since they gave him $100 million right out of college. He was good, but he was no MJ.

My biggest disappointment has to be Jamaal Tinsley though. He dropped 20 assists his first game, and he was the hero of the brawl year, but a bad attitude and questionable personal life killed his career in Indiana. Good luck wherever he goes.

I'm very hard on high school players turned pro, I think players get valuable experience playing at the collegiate level that you just can't get playing in high school. Plus there's something of a ceiling for players without the grades, test scores, and/or dedication to make it to college. If they're not hard workers in high school....But that's why the player to most surprise me would be Kobe. He's a once in a generation talent.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-07-2008, 07:54 PM

Bynum is like brendan haywood

they both only good for rebounding and limited scoring

BigEric
10-07-2008, 08:03 PM

Amen!

Zefflin
10-07-2008, 08:10 PM
(I believe Williams is better no matter what anybody else says:hide:)

Both are perfect for their respective systems.

BleedPurple
10-07-2008, 08:17 PM

Spoken like a true hater.

Anyway back to the topic.I thought that Juan Dixon would score 20pts a game and also that Chris Wilcox would be a legit 20 10 guy and not to mention Keith Langford I thought he would be a good player in the NBA but he never even made the league.

Deron Williams,I was not impressed at all with this guy at Illinois,and now look at him he is a stud.

cmellofan15
10-07-2008, 08:28 PM
I thought JJ was going to do SOMETHING

Just like Lattner (I can't let that go)

I thought Kwame was going to be good since Jordan basicly drafted him.

Also I thought Marquis Daniels was going to be an All-Star but was I wrong...

Halladay
10-07-2008, 08:38 PM
I really thought Steve Francis was going to be a superstar for years but obviously I was wrong. I also thought Joey Graham was going to be a very good player...Graham is still young and still has the potential but at this point, it doesn't look promising, which is exactly like Gerald Green, another guy I thought would flourish in the NBA but has fizzled into nothing more then a college/high school standout with all the tools in the world except they don't have the IQ.

Wake's Fastball
10-07-2008, 09:18 PM
Rudy Gay. Nobody else is in his neighborhood for how much he's proved me wrong.

AFlagRules
10-07-2008, 09:36 PM

X2.

Looks like a JO type of career.

23LBJCleBrowns
10-07-2008, 09:54 PM
Anderson Varejao, I thought he was going to be awesome, HE SUCKED!

Theanswer76
10-07-2008, 10:00 PM
lebron james and darko millicic ( i actualy thought he was gonna be great)

NYK All the Way
10-07-2008, 10:22 PM
jordan farmar...i did'nt like him and i still don't the guy can ball tho, he's a solid backup pg

Sharkaac
10-07-2008, 10:34 PM
I thought Darko would be really good... he proved me wrong :(

lol

JOSETHEALLSTAR
10-07-2008, 11:18 PM
Gerald Green

Dol-Fan
10-07-2008, 11:53 PM
Well, for one, I've learned that for the most part, players with really funny names don't usually work out. Tshzkitsh-whatever his name is, Cabarkapa, Planincic, Milicic. I can't even spell them :( So I wouldn't say they prove me wrong, I just rarely hold out hope for those guys.

On the other hand, Pau Gasol, Dirk Nowitzki and Andrea Bargnani have cool Euro names, and I expected Bargs to be real good, but boy have I been mistaken thus far.

I didn't really think Deron Williams would be very good, and thought Utah should have taken Chris Paul (debatable but I think D-Will is the better fit in Utah). I also thought Marvin Williams was gonna be good.

KnicksWin
10-08-2008, 12:11 AM
Well, I really thought that the Jazz had made a huge mistake by taking Deron Williams over Chris Paul. I'm a Wake Forest/Jazz fan so I just knew they were gonna take Paul and when they didn't I thought they had made one of the biggest draft blunders ever. Wow, do I look like an idiot. Now I firmly believe that they made the right choice (I believe Williams is better no matter what anybody else says:hide:)

On the other end of the spectrum, one guy I thought would do really well and didn't was Todd Fuller. Good player in college but just didn't translate. Joe Smith really surprised me too. To watch him play in college he looked like he had that nastiness that you need to be a great big man in the NBA but he just kinda crapped out. He's had a decent career but I thought he was going to be a perennial All-Star.

I thought I was going to be the only one that thought D Williams was gonna be a bust in the NBA. I was watching him in college and I thought he would fail to get in shape and play well in the NBA. WRONG!

IndyRealist
10-08-2008, 12:42 AM
I thought JJ was going to do SOMETHING

Just like Lattner (I can't let that go)

I thought Kwame was going to be good since Jordan basicly drafted him.

Also I thought Marquis Daniels was going to be an All-Star but was I wrong...

Good call on Laettner. Add Keith Van Horn to the list. When he came into the league, everyone was talking about how superstar players all wanted to be on his team. He wilted under the pressure.

IversonIsKrazy
10-08-2008, 12:51 AM
Bargs, expected great from him.
JR Smith, didnt expect him to have so much talent.
Monte Ellis, expected him to b a benchwarmer.

arlubas
10-08-2008, 01:26 AM
Rajon Rondo proved me wrong. I didn't think he was gonna be anything worth noticing basing my opinion on his college game but the kid really stepped up and became a good player in the L.

40oz
10-08-2008, 02:10 AM
Biggest Let Downs....of all time....not seeing Hank Gathers where 44 in the NBA, RIP.

Biggest suprise...Shaq not being select in the "Dream Team" over Christen Latner.

Someone i thought who sucked but is not that bad....Lakers' Sasha (AKA the im so pretty guy, AKA the new rick fox)

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-08-2008, 03:35 AM
JJ Reddick problley proved alot of ppl wrong.

not me tho. :laugh:

BullsFan_1
10-08-2008, 03:46 AM
I remember back when Illinois made it to the national title game against UNC with Deron Williams, Luther Head, and Dee Brown, and I thought Brown would become a great player in the NBA.

He was lightning quick...one of the fastest basketball players I had seen in college at the time...turns out he did nothing...I dont even think he's in the league, is he?

DreamShaker
10-08-2008, 03:55 AM
I remember back when Illinois made it to the national title game against UNC with Deron Williams, Luther Head, and Dee Brown, and I thought Brown would become a great player in the NBA.

He was lightning quick...one of the fastest basketball players I had seen in college at the time...turns out he did nothing...I dont even think he's in the league, is he?

Yeah I had high hopes for Dee as well....

BarryIsInnocent
10-08-2008, 04:10 AM
Warriors fans thought Antwan Jamison would be a stud and VVince Carter was just a dunk artist.....Turned out Carter was a stud ans JAMISON IS A SOFT 3 PT SHOOTING HOMO

JayW_1023
10-08-2008, 04:36 AM
Oh and ODEN yesterday...I figured his first action was gonna be pretty much a dud.

TMAC94
10-08-2008, 04:53 AM
Luis Scola, i was annoyed when he started over chuck hayes, i love chuck tho. im happy now

JayW_1023
10-08-2008, 04:58 AM
Scola is a fantastic player...I'm so pissed the Spurs gave him away to you guys. Scola is a perfect player for Adelmans princeton offense.

Musiq
10-08-2008, 09:38 AM
DerMarr Johnson - maybe cos of the potential career threatening injuries, freakish athlete with height & length for a SG/SF

cambovenzi
10-08-2008, 09:47 AM
I thought Darko would be really good... he proved me wrong :(

lol

i remember that draft.
i was thinking "what do you mean darko could be picked ahead of melo?"
definitely a brilliant move:rolleyes:

ramansingh3
10-09-2008, 06:40 PM
I thought Gerald Green and Andrea Bargnani would be great by now. I still think Andrea Bargnani can, but not Gerald Green.

MiamiHeat
10-09-2008, 06:44 PM
kevin martin. i thought he was nothing

but..he is nothing :cool: