PDA

View Full Version : When Nolan Gets Fired.......

FNM BOY
10-07-2008, 12:20 PM
When Nolan Gets Fired Who Do You guys think is the best "realisitic" candidate to take his spot????

NorCalzimm
10-07-2008, 01:00 PM
Singletary

rapjuicer06
10-07-2008, 01:17 PM
singletary

THE NATION
10-07-2008, 01:20 PM
I know a lot of people will say Martz because we can now move the ball. If it was my choice, I would let Scott McCloughan go as well and give the GM duties to Mike Holmgren. Let him get back th the 49ers ways and bring in a coach like a Marty Mornhinweg, John Gruden, and I would love it if Steve Mariucci cme back to coach. Let Munusky go and bring in a young guy that runs a 4-3 and likes to blitz, but I would leave all that up to Holmgren.

DownSouth49er
10-07-2008, 01:25 PM
mike martz...martz is not who i want, *cough holmgren*, but i know the york's and how inept they are when it comes to hiring head coaches...i'd like the singletary move also

Darren5000
10-07-2008, 02:45 PM
Choices are: Singletary
Martz, remote possibility
Cowher
Schottenheimer
Maybe Lane Kiffin?

Tmac416
10-07-2008, 03:08 PM
Cowher
Schottenheimer
Maybe Lane Kiffin?

i hope your trying to be funny.

Also schottenhiemer is defintly not coming nor would we hire a coach like him. not mention shottenhiemer has made it very clear he is not coaching again. I would love lvoe and every 49ers fan should want Cowher. His teams were in it every single year. every year they felt like they could makea run and bat good teams. it would be a miracle if we were somehow able to convince him to leave the east coast but i doubt thats hapening.
for all the people who want singletary which i would like, we would ahve to go get an OC and a very good one becuase i dont think martz stays on if nolan is gone and he isnt hc.

bigmac8675
10-07-2008, 03:53 PM
Cowher
Schottenheimer
Maybe Lane Kiffin?

i hope your trying to be funny.

Also schottenhiemer is defintly not coming nor would we hire a coach like him. not mention shottenhiemer has made it very clear he is not coaching again. I would love lvoe and every 49ers fan should want Cowher. His teams were in it every single year. every year they felt like they could makea run and bat good teams. it would be a miracle if we were somehow able to convince him to leave the east coast but i doubt thats hapening.
for all the people who want singletary which i would like, we would ahve to go get an OC and a very good one becuase i dont think martz stays on if nolan is gone and he isnt hc.

It would require a lot of money... and i mean a heft payday for him. And knowing our ownership it won't happen. I would love to see Holmgren back as a Niner coach. But if we were to hire from within I say give Singletary the job, and then he would most likely bring in another OC maybe Cam Cameron? Morninghwhig? Marriucci? LOL i dunno.... in my dreams.

CB30
10-07-2008, 05:08 PM
I would love Bill Cowher, but realistically it will be Martz or Singletary.

FNM BOY
10-07-2008, 05:48 PM
i hope we get rid of Nolan he seems to have an egotistcal complex...nothin is ever his fault and he loves to blame players. We don't need a coach like that

Darren5000
10-07-2008, 05:52 PM
I would love to get Bill Cowher as our coach. The Lane Kiffin was just a choice for I felt he got shafted by Davis.

THE NATION
10-07-2008, 06:13 PM
i hope we get rid of Nolan he seems to have an egotistcal complex...nothin is ever his fault and he loves to blame players. We don't need a coach like that

He has been doing this since Day 1. I was pissed when he let JP go and Carter just because they were not his guys and he wanted to run a 3-4. Now we are back to a 4-3 but we don't have guys that can rush from the edge because Nolan didn't draft players for that.

aquaman117
10-07-2008, 06:59 PM
i would really like mariucci, or martz ... i think mike holmgren would be the best choice but he's quiting

Vegasguy80
10-07-2008, 09:23 PM
I would love to get Bill Cowher as our coach. The Lane Kiffin was just a choice for I felt he got shafted by Davis.

Holy *****, am I about to admit this??? I must be ill! But I agree with Darren. I want Cowher too.

Joe505
10-07-2008, 10:12 PM
Ok, if we bring in Cowher or Homgren, will they be willing to keep Mike Martz as OC. I mean NO TEAM will succed if we have what is it 5 or 6 new OC. That is just ridiculous. I would love to see Cowher at HC with Martz as OC. That is a great start to building a great coaching staff.

w724y
10-07-2008, 11:26 PM
I know a lot of people will say Martz because we can now move the ball. If it was my choice, I would let Scott McCloughan go as well and give the GM duties to Mike Holmgren. Let him get back th the 49ers ways and bring in a coach like a Marty Mornhinweg, John Gruden, and I would love it if Steve Mariucci cme back to coach. Let Munusky go and bring in a young guy that runs a 4-3 and likes to blitz, but I would leave all that up to Holmgren.

HEAR, HEAR!

Mike Holmgren has made it clear that he would like to continue working for a football franchise in a managerial position after retiring as HC in Seattle. Let him bring someone in as HC.

bornFrisco49er
10-08-2008, 12:08 AM
Holy *****, am I about to admit this??? I must be ill! But I agree with Darren. I want Cowher too.

you're not the only one, i do 2..we just all have an agreement that nolan should be done in sf..however, darren would like it to be sooner..some others feel that way 2..mike holmgren as gm would be nice..and id like singletary to move up if he was given the opoortunity..i mean he opted to stay with us as a LINEBACKER'S coach over the offers he had to be a DC/HC elsewhere..

WestCoastPhan
10-08-2008, 12:34 AM
you're not the only one, i do 2..we just all have an agreement that nolan should be done in sf..however, darren would like it to be sooner..some others feel that way 2..mike holmgren as gm would be nice..and id like singletary to move up if he was given the opoortunity..i mean he opted to stay with us as a LINEBACKER'S coach over the offers he had to be a DC/HC elsewhere..

Most people around the NFl feel that Martz would be the most likely to step in as HC if/when Nolan is fire, but i agree I think the niners should promote singletary up or go after cowher.

sportsnutzz
10-08-2008, 02:34 AM
HEAR, HEAR!

Mike Holmgren has made it clear that he would like to continue working for a football franchise in a managerial position after retiring as HC in Seattle. Let him bring someone in as HC.

Agreed it has been a rumor for a while now Holmgren would love to get this job. If Nolan gets fired before the end of the season I don't really care who gets the job. I would pick Singletary but that is just me, Martz is a great OC I am not so sure about HC.

1hardcore
10-08-2008, 03:58 AM
100 percent mike holmgren!!!!\
back to the west coast style!!!

ninerfan609
10-08-2008, 10:03 PM
I hope he doesnt, but when he does, it will be Martz or Singletary. I hope its Martz, so we can have a legit offense for a while. But Holmgrem should be hired as an executive or GM.

leftymo
10-09-2008, 03:08 PM
It's been so long since the 49ers have been even remotely decent that I forgot exactly why Mooch was fired in the first place. That was after one playoff win that year as well right?

But even though I would welcome Mooch as a return coach, SF needs to re-evaluate its talent evaluation (fire the GM) as well as structure a defense that benefits the talent we have there.

I mean a team with Justin Smith, Patrick Willis, Manny Lawson, Nate Clements & Walt Harris shouldn't be one of the worst defenses in football, unless those players aren't all that good.

FNM BOY
10-09-2008, 03:45 PM
^^Very good post

WillisLovechild
10-09-2008, 04:58 PM
New GM: Mike Holmgreen
New HC: Mike Singletary
New OC: Scott Linehan/Lane Kiffin
New DC: Ron Rivera

Switch to a 4-3

This is just kind of an optimistic view, but I think that would be a pretty damn good staff. I wasn't really sure about the OC and if there were guys that haven't been head coaches that would be good, but I would **** myslef if we got a staff like this.

Darren5000
10-09-2008, 06:15 PM
New GM: Mike Holmgreen
New HC: Mike Singletary
New OC: Scott Linehan/Lane Kiffin
New DC: Ron Rivera

Switch to a 4-3

This is just kind of an optimistic view, but I think that would be a pretty damn good staff. I wasn't really sure about the OC and if there were guys that haven't been head coaches that would be good, but I would **** myslef if we got a staff like this.

You'd actually do that? I'd be beating you to the bathroom if we had a staff like that! But yeah, I'd love to see the 4-3 again. This 3-4, Nickel, Dime is crap. Once in a while is OK< but constantly is very bad! We need fresh blood in coaching! I'm sick of playing big teams and we lose to them.

WillisLovechild
10-09-2008, 07:03 PM
You'd actually do that? I'd be beating you to the bathroom if we had a staff like that! But yeah, I'd love to see the 4-3 again. This 3-4, Nickel, Dime is crap. Once in a while is OK< but constantly is very bad! We need fresh blood in coaching! I'm sick of playing big teams and we lose to them.

See now I have no problem when you make high quality posts like this one. As long as you don't root against your team, there's no problem. However, I'm still going to assume you're a custodian at Safeway, because you refuse to state your actual vocation :up:.

Darren5000
10-09-2008, 07:31 PM
See now I have no problem when you make high quality posts like this one. As long as you don't root against your team, there's no problem. However, I'm still going to assume you're a custodian at Safeway, because you refuse to state your actual vocation :up:.

It's not custodian, that's all I'm going to say. I've had several other jobs, and I choose not to disclose them. One was custodian, but it was not at Safeway. All jobs I have had went out of business with the economy so I was out of work for a long while. I am very well liked in my community's Safeway.:clap::up:

I just want Nolan out, but I'm trying not to root for the opposition. I just feel we're going to be 0 and 3 vs. Eagles... I mean, a 4 year coach, 3 losses to an Eagles team, what gives of still having him around? Least when you lose to a team in a rematch, shouldn't you be losing by a lesser margin?

So before you look into my profile on other forums, they were old profiles from years ago and I just have one job now.:)

Giants4Tniners
10-09-2008, 08:33 PM
I once had a job circumsizing elephants, didnt pay much but the tips were enormous.

WillisLovechild
10-09-2008, 11:23 PM
It's not custodian, that's all I'm going to say. I've had several other jobs, and I choose not to disclose them. One was custodian, but it was not at Safeway. All jobs I have had went out of business with the economy so I was out of work for a long while. I am very well liked in my community's Safeway.:clap::up:

I just want Nolan out, but I'm trying not to root for the opposition. I just feel we're going to be 0 and 3 vs. Eagles... I mean, a 4 year coach, 3 losses to an Eagles team, what gives of still having him around? Least when you lose to a team in a rematch, shouldn't you be losing by a lesser margin?

So before you look into my profile on other forums, they were old profiles from years ago and I just have one job now.:)

I think we're finally making progress for a better Niner forum. I understand your frustration, trust me, I really do. I hate Nolan with a passion that burns like one thousand suns, but I just can't root against the Niners. I know JT isn't anything great and that Alex was never given a great chance to succeed, but we will not franchise that hobo. You can't really use the Eagles as an example considering they're just better, as is the entire NFC East. Now if we're losing to teams like the Lions, Chiefs, Rams, etc... then you got a good point. I have confidence that Nolan will be fired and hopefully the GM gets the boot too. I just got a feeling that Holmgreen will be what the Big Tuna is to the Dolphins, and then we'll finally get going in the right direction.

Webelievegs!
10-10-2008, 12:39 AM
When Nolan Gets Fired Who Do You guys think is the best "realisitic" candidate to take his spot????

Singletary. I've been waiting sooo long for Nolan to get the boot.

Darren5000
10-10-2008, 12:43 AM
I think we're finally making progress for a better Niner forum. I understand your frustration, trust me, I really do. I hate Nolan with a passion that burns like one thousand suns, but I just can't root against the Niners. I know JT isn't anything great and that Alex was never given a great chance to succeed, but we will not franchise that hobo. You can't really use the Eagles as an example considering they're just better, as is the entire NFC East. Now if we're losing to teams like the Lions, Chiefs, Rams, etc... then you got a good point. I have confidence that Nolan will be fired and hopefully the GM gets the boot too. I just got a feeling that Holmgreen will be what the Big Tuna is to the Dolphins, and then we'll finally get going in the right direction.

Getting HOlmgren here will be great. I think what Nolan is doing and what Martz is doing is nothing more then desperation with no regards to common sense because jobs are on the line. Teams win by a variety: like Colts rely on long ball or steelers rely on long run games. The 49ers seem to be more like trying to impersonate a team rather then to try to be their own team. They got something with Gore on running, but they still need a #1 WR. Even if some say Bruce is a solution, how long does he have? This year? Next year? I would like to get at least 4 years out of Bruce, or B Johnson (only if he's healthY), Battle, then draft a WR and have him during those 3 years learning what to do out there. That's why I hoped to get DeSean Jackson for we clearly mucked that up. I wouldn't put it past DeSean to have a game like Colston would've had, or Shockey if they were both healthy. We gave up 13 receptions to Moss/Welker combined, and nothing would surprise me if DeSean burns our secondary.

I feel by Bye week, even if some say it's not logical, should be the time to axe Nolan. We need to get Holmgren back in SF to help improve us in a Parcells way and get the right coach. I wouldn't mind if McCloughan got the boot too for he flip flopped on Alex Smith so badly.

WillisLovechild
10-10-2008, 02:41 AM
Getting HOlmgren here will be great. I think what Nolan is doing and what Martz is doing is nothing more then desperation with no regards to common sense because jobs are on the line. Teams win by a variety: like Colts rely on long ball or steelers rely on long run games. The 49ers seem to be more like trying to impersonate a team rather then to try to be their own team. They got something with Gore on running, but they still need a #1 WR. Even if some say Bruce is a solution, how long does he have? This year? Next year? I would like to get at least 4 years out of Bruce, or B Johnson (only if he's healthY), Battle, then draft a WR and have him during those 3 years learning what to do out there. That's why I hoped to get DeSean Jackson for we clearly mucked that up. I wouldn't put it past DeSean to have a game like Colston would've had, or Shockey if they were both healthy. We gave up 13 receptions to Moss/Welker combined, and nothing would surprise me if DeSean burns our secondary.

I feel by Bye week, even if some say it's not logical, should be the time to axe Nolan. We need to get Holmgren back in SF to help improve us in a Parcells way and get the right coach. I wouldn't mind if McCloughan got the boot too for he flip flopped on Alex Smith so badly.

I feel that Mike Nolan should have gotten the axe before this season, but the sooner he's gone the better. Unfortunately, I think Alex Smith is done in SF no matter who the coach is, unless he'd be willing to take a pay cut. I wished it would have worked out differently, but sometimes you just have to cut ties and hope for the best. I really hope he finds success on another team. Once we get "the guy" at QB, we'll start doing better. We don't have a stellar defense that can carry us, so we need a franchise guy at QB. I hope Nolan takes McCloughan and the Yorks with him right out of town. If they had sold the team to Steve Young and that really rich dude then I'm sure we'd be doing better. All I can do is :pray:.

On another note, you're making good posts now Darren. It looks like you're done with the stuff you were doing before, and I can say that I enjoy reading your posts now :hi5:.

ninerfan609
10-10-2008, 07:50 PM
I think Alex is willing to take a pay cut, he says he loves it here, he attends all the meetings, and he's comfortable here. If he goes to another team, he's going to take a pay cut either way. Nolans time is definitly up if we dont make the playoffs, but i heard that if we dont get some wins before the bye, hes gone anyway.Either way, the yorks dont know what their doing.

How bout Marty Schottenheimer?

Mystic Niner
10-11-2008, 02:33 AM
I think Alex is willing to take a pay cut, he says he loves it here,

I would actually bet money that he will 100% take a pay cut not only because of that but because even if we cut him Alex know no one in the League will currently pay or come close to paying him what that contract says