PDA

View Full Version : LeBron: "I'm not going anywhere."

philab
10-06-2008, 08:07 PM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-35-15/-I-love-Cleveland--I-love-Ohio--and-I-m-not-going-anywhere--.html

LeBron, in a get-out-and-vote rally in Cleveland:

"I love Cleveland . . . I love Ohio, and I'm not going anywhere."

I know, this doesn't necessarily mean he's staying. It is, however, more noteworthy and of more substance than anything ESPN has come up with in regard to LeBron leaving Cleveland.

This "article" (more like a blurb) was hidden away on ESPN's NBA page -- not the front-page article or Sportscenter segment that New York speculation usually garners.

So, I'm doing my part in spreading what ESPN (apparently) is reluctant to report: that LeBron has given no indication whatsoever that he is leaving Cleveland and has actually declared the contrary, that he will stay in Cleveland (and implied it on other occasions).

Gilbert>TheRest
10-06-2008, 08:08 PM
i bet the nets just got pissed

MiamiHeat
10-06-2008, 08:09 PM
:laugh2:
I wonder what excuses are the people in New York going to come up with

Hawkeye15
10-06-2008, 08:09 PM
thank god. I am so sick of hearing teams are clearing cap space for LeBron. His family is from Ohio. They will get him what he needs. This is the future best player of all time possibly, he only needs a little help. I guess NJ and the Knicks can start on plan B? It may all be a smokescreen to get the press off him, but I would think he would want to stay in Ohio

_Sn1P3r_
10-06-2008, 08:10 PM

:laugh:

MiamiHeat
10-06-2008, 08:10 PM
I think we should fix it so people in NY could read this

- Lebron James

Buckwheat
10-06-2008, 08:12 PM
Finally.. Shutting NY fans up

JMan17
10-06-2008, 08:12 PM
well that's his choice then.

sucks for the knicks and the nets :laugh2:

philab
10-06-2008, 08:16 PM
Again, it doesn't mean a whole lot -- he said it in front of a crowd in Cleveland. He could just be playing to the moment.

The point is just that he's saying things about STAYING in Cleveland and not leaving Cleveland.

It's at least a good sign.

Lakersfan2483
10-06-2008, 08:17 PM
If he does not win in Cleveland and they don't provide him with adequate help, he will leave and you can quote me on that.

MoBASS
10-06-2008, 08:18 PM
Yeah right... what a load of ********. LeBron will NOT be in a Cavs uni in 2010-11 guaranteed.

Buckwheat
10-06-2008, 08:19 PM
Yeah right... what a load of ********. LeBron will NOT be in a Cavs uni in 2010-11 guaranteed.

Oh, you guarentee it?

He's leaving 100% now.

philab
10-06-2008, 08:22 PM

That's fine.

In the wake of this "declaration" by LeBron, statements of this sort (yours) are unsubstantiated, merely speculative opinions.

Just so you know.

JMan17
10-06-2008, 08:23 PM
Oh, you guarentee it?

He's leaving 100% now.

how could he leave now? he has a 2 years left and we all know the cavs won't ever trade him.

S.J.Basketball
10-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Who cares?

JordansBulls
He says that now, but it depends on if the Cavs acquire anyone else.

Beno7500
shut up new york, shut up new jersey

JMan17
10-06-2008, 08:28 PM
shut up new york, shut up new jersey

shut up kings :p

AZ9ERFAN
10-06-2008, 08:33 PM
haha this is funny. watch him go to a crappy team like the bobcats

JJ_JKidd
10-06-2008, 08:34 PM
If and when Bron leaves Cleveland,,,,,, I would lose all the respect and admiration for the guy.... I mean,,,, playing for your hometown equals to nothing in the NBA.... And why these "leaving" rumors in the first place? For a bigger market team? For money? For chrisake Lebron James you already are a millionaire!!!!!! Cant you get enough?

I would only consider one reason for him to leave, if the Cavs Management fails to surround him with enough talent for him to compete (competitively) for a Championship.

QUICKTRADE
10-06-2008, 08:34 PM
dont underestimate the power of money... wait till contract renegotiation and lets see who he really was?

Nighthawk
10-06-2008, 08:37 PM
I love how this means he isnt going anywhere....I heard Johnny Damon say he'd NEVER play for the Yankees....We saw Carlos Boozer tell the Cavs he was all theres and come to terms only to BOLT fast for UTAH. I dont believe anything i here from these money hungry athletes. When Lebron is a free agent and i see him sign an extension to stay with cleveland then Ill believe he isnt going anywhere. Til then he is the NETS property. Hes so going to play for Jay-Z.

uptownfan
10-06-2008, 08:39 PM
I would not take a word of this. Sure, he did say that word for word, but I think LeBron is just trying to take this lingering distraction off the Cavs for now and not have to worry about it.

In these next few years if the Cavs don't win a title or significantly improve their roster, LeBron could be gone

Raps43va
10-06-2008, 08:46 PM
good know i don't have to read how the knicks and nets fans talk about how their going to get lj:)

philab
10-06-2008, 08:58 PM
I love how this means he isnt going anywhere

You obviously haven't read the thread.

23LBJCleBrowns
10-06-2008, 08:59 PM
I have known this for a long time, you know why, because he just built like a $10 million house.

23LBJCleBrowns
10-06-2008, 09:01 PM
He says that now, but it depends on if the Cavs acquire anyone else.

I don't think LeBron said that anywhere in that quote. I am just saying.

RapsGuy23
10-06-2008, 09:17 PM
LeBron will not stay in Cleavland...I think he said that he's staying to calm the media speculation surrounding his departure. The last thing he wants his teams (and the media for that matter) to focus on as the season approaches is where Bron will be win 2010>> That has to have been a bit of a distraction for him/his team.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
10-06-2008, 11:12 PM
not surprised

Rome
10-06-2008, 11:23 PM
Wait till the summer of 2010 comes around. Do you guys expect him to say something along these line: "if we don't win in the next 2 years I'm out" na. He's a professional. He's gonna say what the media and people expect him to say. Maybe he truly wants to stay in Cleveland but we don't know the truth, only his word.

Wait and see how the cavs do the next two years then try and guess what he's gonna do. IMO he goes where the money is. Wherever that may be.

philab
10-06-2008, 11:30 PM
Wait till the summer of 2010 comes around. Do you guys expect him to say something along these line: "if we don't win in the next 2 years I'm out" na. He's a professional. He's gonna say what the media and people expect him to say. Maybe he truly wants to stay in Cleveland but we don't know the truth, only his word.

Wait and see how the cavs do the next two years then try and guess what he's gonna do. IMO he goes where the money is. Wherever that may be.

You do know the Cavs can offer him the most money and years, right?

A player's current team can offer him one more year and usually about $20 million or so than any other team, if I remember this all correctly.

So if LeBron were to go anywhere other than Cleveland, he'd have to take less money. Again, doesn't necessarily mean anything, just trying to get the facts straight.

theuuord
10-07-2008, 12:36 AM
lol @ Cavs fans being happy that he said this, like they expected him to say "What? No way. Come FA time I'm outta here."

He is saying all the right things. In two years speculation will become reality, no matter how it goes.

Rome
10-07-2008, 12:39 AM
Good point I was trying to get to a couple points. I personally would rather be in a bigger market though.

xSolidx
10-07-2008, 12:50 AM
I hate all this LeBron 2010 talk

I hate my own fellow Knick fans that expect him to come

I hate Nets fans who expect him to come

And i hate Cavs fans who think hes not going anywhere and laugh at everyone who think otherwise

I even hate LeBron

theuuord
10-07-2008, 12:54 AM
FUN FACT: LeBron does not accept photo ops if they're from camera phones.

DJ CHACH
10-07-2008, 01:01 AM
yo MIAMIHEAT, are u mad cuz ur always the stepping stool for NY? ya im pretty sure you think ur on top of the world right now, but u still got a few worries, lemme list 'em for you
1)jamal still has ur number, as does jerome james(4-4 on shaq)
2)Allan houston is back, so please dont get ur hopes up in the playoffs, all it takes is an inbound and lil pat on the head and ur season is done...
3)and oh btw, if u say the knicks are that bad, why do they get the most attention in the league when instead of say how bad the knicks are, they go to miami..Maybe its cuz NY always comes before you, always have, always will..And as for your high hopes, lemme give u an insight that even teh commish came out and said himself.."if everything in NEW YORK is going good, then the NBA is at its peak." besides ur an embarrasment of a champion after being on top of the world and then throwing seasons just to get a top pick...at leasst when we got a top pick, we knew who and how to pay off..silence hater, u can get in line on th epopularity contest..we had some good wars back in the day, but like then, we'll always be on top...p.s. keep the pipes away from mike "i didnt do it" beasley. u might hafta throw anotha season

Nighthawk
10-07-2008, 01:03 AM
You obviously haven't read the thread.

i didnt read the thread?????

RocketsRule
10-07-2008, 01:07 AM
This easily could be a spur of the moment thing, but I really don't see him leaving Cleveland. He grew up there, and his family are friends are minutes away. As long as the Cavs offer him the money, I don't think he has any reason to leave.

philab
10-07-2008, 01:17 AM
i didnt read the thread?????

You said "I love how this means he isn't going anywhere." In my first AND second post, I explicitly stated that this doesn't mean LeBron is staying. I also made it clear that I was not trying to add any credence to the "LeBron is staying" argument. My entire purpose in posting this was to offer something of substance, whether believable or not, to combat the speculation that comes from ESPN on a semi-monthly basis. Since ESPN chooses to hide this article, more or less, I thought I'd do my part in getting it out there.

Basically, I think everyone should stop talking about where LeBron is going to end up in two years. There's no indication he's leaving, and any indication that he's staying has very little meaning because he's "just saying the right things."

And you stating "I love how this means he isn't going anywhere" gives the impression that you never read my first post, the original post of the thread, or even my second post.

pete_one
10-07-2008, 01:24 AM
LeBron is lying, its gonna be Carlos Boozer Vol. 2 in Cleveland when LeBron cashes out in free agency in the next couple of years!

downsos
10-07-2008, 01:31 AM
What else was he going to say? I'm leaving to be with Jay-Z when my contract is up! No, he isn't stupid, he's not going to say something that would piss off the fans of the team he is going to play with for the next 2 years.

Rome
10-07-2008, 04:23 AM
I hate all this LeBron 2010 talk

I hate my own fellow Knick fans that expect him to come

I hate Nets fans who expect him to come

And i hate Cavs fans who think hes not going anywhere and laugh at everyone who think otherwise

I even hate LeBron

I think a lot of NBA fans are gonna get that way and 2010 isn't even upon us yet. Wait another year. See how much its discussed then.

LakeShowRaider
10-07-2008, 04:47 AM
He says that now...

cambovenzi
10-07-2008, 05:57 AM
What else was he going to say? I'm leaving to be with Jay-Z when my contract is up! No, he isn't stupid, he's not going to say something that would piss off the fans of the team he is going to play with for the next 2 years.

no, but he didnt have to say that he was staying.

Frank Costanza
10-07-2008, 11:11 AM
LEbron wants to win, what makes anyone in here think the NEts or the Knicks will even make the playoffs by 2010 let alone be a championship contender, he aint going anywhere, clev will give him max money, hes got a core that is probably one really good player away from being better than the knicks or nets will be for the next 5 yrs,

THE NATION
10-07-2008, 11:16 AM
He has 2 years left on his contract. What should have he said "Im out in 2 years, I love the Yankees."

Blue Tiger
10-07-2008, 10:58 PM
I think we should fix it so people in NY could read this

- Lebron James

:ouch::laugh:D@mn MiamiHeat that's going to make the New York Knicks fans and New Jersey Nets fans cry so tearfully.

deepen03
10-07-2008, 11:17 PM

yea we will see in 2010 when LeBron comes marching into Barclays Center in Brooklyn or hopefully i get to see him in NJ if the plan gets delayed!

Fool
10-08-2008, 10:52 AM
He's lying. :)

JayW_1023
10-08-2008, 12:14 PM
I really hope he'll stay in Cleveland. He's already got so many endorsements...if he goes elsewhere it's not about the money.

DreamShaker
10-08-2008, 12:35 PM
I do remember Sean May telling Tarheel fans he would be back next season....just saying....

theuuord
10-08-2008, 02:20 PM
I do remember Sean May telling Tarheel fans he would be back next season....just saying....

Exactly. You can quote about a million of these. Doesn't make any of them true.

LeBron is saying all the right things now. In two years, we will know.

Coqui77
10-08-2008, 02:37 PM
I hope it's true, i wouldn't want LeBron to leave Cleveland for New York just because it's a bigger Market for the NBA. Don't get me wrong i would love for him to come down here and play long side wade and Beasly, and maybe even Marion. But if he stays in Cleveland that would also be cool.

{}
10-08-2008, 02:51 PM

Nah, Lebron would take 20 million less to play elsewhere?

'cause this is like the 1800's in that nobody knows who will know who you are, unless you take your career to a major city where the bright lights and crowds are, right?

Oh wait, it's 2008 and advertising is global in this day and age and everyone already knows who Lebron is... People in Buttfook Egypt are probably familiar with Lebron.

theuuord
10-08-2008, 02:56 PM
Nah, Lebron would take 20 million less to play elsewhere?

'cause this is like the 1800's in that nobody knows who will know who you are, unless you take your career to a major city where the bright lights and crowds are, right?

Oh wait, it's 2008 and advertising is global in this day and age and everyone already knows who Lebron is... People in Buttfook Egypt are probably familiar with Lebron.

Advertising is global, you're absolutely right. And New York is by far the biggest market in the world. Globally. Only Tokyo is really close, and they don't have a basketball team in the NBA.
The amount of money to be made in New York is monstrous. It's actually kind of ridiculous. The biggest exposure by far comes in New York City. ESPN has a huge NY bias. The Yankees and the Knicks are two of the biggest market labels in the world.

If you think players like Hideki Matsui ended up with the Yankees by accident...

Blue Tiger
10-08-2008, 03:15 PM
Advertising is global, you're absolutely right. And New York is by far the biggest market in the world. Globally. Only Tokyo is really close, and they don't have a basketball team in the NBA.
The amount of money to be made in New York is monstrous. It's actually kind of ridiculous. The biggest exposure by far comes in New York City. ESPN has a huge NY bias. The Yankees and the Knicks are two of the biggest market labels in the world.

If you think players like Hideki Matsui ended up with the Yankees by accident...

You still think New York got the biggest market in the world becuase of their large population. What about the Wall Street that need $700 billion dollars to bail out of bankruptcy, New York needs federal money not just state or local money to solve their finacial problems.

marques724
10-08-2008, 03:29 PM
I have always thought he would stay and leave if only deemed he could never win there.

{}
10-08-2008, 03:31 PM

...my point was he'll get advertising revenue regardless of what city he's in. I just don't see Lebron doing Funiture commercials for a local mom and pop chain specific to NY.

Nike, McDonalds and other Fortune 500 companies couldn't care less what city he plays in. He's already brings name recognition with him.

Jonathan2323
10-08-2008, 03:33 PM
Lebron is a ***** he copied Wade after he said he wont go anywhere.

MiamiHeat
10-08-2008, 04:56 PM
where are all those NY,NJ fans that have Lebron in their sigs?

#1Mavericksfan
10-08-2008, 05:29 PM
Lebron is just saying this so he can still walk around Cleveland...but when the time comes and his contract run out he's gone!

Cavs_Fan24
10-08-2008, 08:14 PM
Its about time he came out and said this. I was really getting annoyed with everyone saying he was going to NY, or Brooklyn, or whatever other scenario they were thinking of.

LBJ STAYS IN CLEVELAND!!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::cl ap::clap:

:hi5::hi5::hi5::hi5::hi5::hi5::hi5::hi5:

Sorry, im just glad i dont have to hear about it no more:)

fairandbalanced
10-08-2008, 08:20 PM
Lebron should have said, I am not going anywhere if y'all vote for Obama. And nothing is guaranteed if he lose. This will make those folks from NJ and NY vote against Obama because Lebron is prob more valuable to them. But again, McCain was around when beer was served in a bucket...time caught up to him but he hasn't caught up to time.

Cavs_Fan24
10-08-2008, 08:20 PM
Lebron is just saying this so he can still walk around Cleveland...but when the time comes and his contract run out he's gone!

Dont be hatin cuz you know he isnt going to leave, especially not to your ****** Mavs:laugh2:

Kiss Ma Grits
10-08-2008, 10:44 PM
You still think New York got the biggest market in the world becuase of their large population. What about the Wall Street that need $700 billion dollars to bail out of bankruptcy, New York needs federal money not just state or local money to solve their finacial problems.

LMAO, there goes the BIG MARKET theory hahahahahaha. Man I wish I could save this as a signature, hahahahahaha. This has got to be the post of the year lmao!!! What an awesome quote.

#1Mavericksfan
10-09-2008, 01:40 AM
Dont be hatin cuz you know he isnt going to leave, especially not to your ****** Mavs:laugh2:

:bla::bla::bla:....the last time I checked Lebron likes Jason Kidd and Jason Kidd did say he wanted to play for 3 more seasons...so you mean to tell me that Jason Kidd couldn't convince Lebron to come to Dallas to play with him?...either way I hope Lebron leaves and go to another team and not even the Mavs because the look on your face is gonna be priceless.:(

Kiss Ma Grits
10-09-2008, 08:17 PM
:bla::bla::bla:....the last time I checked Lebron likes Jason Kidd and Jason Kidd did say he wanted to play for 3 more seasons...so you mean to tell me that Jason Kidd couldn't convince Lebron to come to Dallas to play with him?...either way I hope Lebron leaves and go to another team and not even the Mavs because the look on your face is gonna be priceless.:(

Just because you like someone doesn't mean you're going to go play basketball with them. If anything, not trading for Jason Kidd was the best move by Ferry. The look on our faces could NEVER match the look on yours when you guys lost to the Warriors which is still considered one of the GREATEST upsets in NBA history. That look was priceless and the bad part about it all is the nba world enjoyed it. DALLAS may as well go into rebuilding mode because their best days are behind them. Jason Kidd probly has 2 more solid years left in him, Dirk isn't enough, and then you have headcase or the nba's version of adam pacman jones in Josh Howard. Cuban would be smart to blow it all up and hope that he could have Dallas financially ready for 2010/2011. There is no hope for Dallas as of right now. There time has past already.

theuuord
10-09-2008, 08:21 PM
LMAO, there goes the BIG MARKET theory hahahahahaha. Man I wish I could save this as a signature, hahahahahaha. This has got to be the post of the year lmao!!! What an awesome quote.

You really think that's how the market works?

Are you guys that ignorant about this stuff?

I mean.
damn.
I don't even wanna say anything because it's kind of sad that you actually believe it.

Kiss Ma Grits
10-09-2008, 08:34 PM
You really think that's how the market works?

Are you guys that ignorant about this stuff?

I mean.
damn.
I don't even wanna say anything because it's kind of sad that you actually believe it.

In a sense he's dead on because who do you think is gonna foot the bill for a new arena? Surely not the owners. People can't even keep their homes and you guys HONESTLY think Brooklynn residents or ANY other residents are gonna sit back and watch the city/state slap another senseless tax on em?
I think it's even more sad that you DON'T see the connection between the two. It's hard to get loans so I'm quite sure the Nets front office is quite unsure of their future and many would agree. It's sad.........really sad that you missed his point.

Nighthawk
10-09-2008, 08:41 PM
So Lebron comes out and says he loves Cleveland and hes staying and that means Its FACT!!!! What is he supposed to do, During an interview say I hate this city, they have given me nothing to work with and im out of here...NOOO....Every athlete says the right things.. If he signs with the Cavs then ill believe em. Until then i 100 % think hes headed to the NETS

Kiss Ma Grits
10-09-2008, 08:58 PM
So Lebron comes out and says he loves Cleveland and hes staying and that means Its FACT!!!! What is he supposed to do, During an interview say I hate this city, they have given me nothing to work with and im out of here...NOOO....Every athlete says the right things.. If he signs with the Cavs then ill believe em. Until then i 100 % think hes headed to the NETS

First off he didn't make the statement during an interview so you're pretty lost in the sauce. Many times he's stated that he likes the direction of the franchise, the fans, and the thought of family/friends being able to watch him at EVERY home game. However, he came out of nowhere and said "I love ohio....I love Cleveland.....I'm not going anywhere". He was addressing the citizens of cleveland. There were no big networks, their were no big parades, there were no big crowds of camera's/media. It was just him, the citizens of cleveland (whom he was expressing the importance of voting) and there were SOME local media. He didn't have to say that nor was he asked this time if he were going to stay in Cleveland. One could tell that the statement came straight from the heart.

There's a difference in telling someone you're happy because they asked and you just coming out with "I'm happy" out of nowhere. But you continue to let that fantasy grade school mind wonder. Rather he signs or not you're going to believe what you read in the papers........at least the selective things you CHOOSE to believe.

Nighthawk
10-09-2008, 09:00 PM
First off he didn't make the statement during an interview so you're pretty lost in the sauce. Many times he's stated that he likes the direction of the franchise, the fans, and the thought of family/friends being able to watch him at EVERY home game. However, he came out of nowhere and said "I love ohio....I love Cleveland.....I'm not going anywhere". He was addressing the citizens of cleveland. There were no big networks, their were no big parades, there were no big crowds of camera's/media. It was just him, the citizens of cleveland (whom he was expressing the importance of voting) and there were SOME local media. He didn't have to say that nor was he asked this time if he were going to stay in Cleveland. One could tell that the statement came straight from the heart.

There's a difference in telling someone you're happy because they asked and you just coming out with "I'm happy" out of nowhere. But you continue to let that fantasy grade school mind wonder. Rather he signs or not you're going to believe what you read in the papers........at least the selective things you CHOOSE to believe.

What are you even saying dude

You thinking to much

He either re-signs with the Cavs or he doesnt. When he does one of those 2 things get back to me

Kiss Ma Grits
10-09-2008, 09:09 PM
What are you even saying dude

You thinking to much

He either re-signs with the Cavs or he doesnt. When he does one of those 2 things get back to me

Don't get mad at me for following the thread. The statement wasn't made during an interview and when he made it, he wasn't asked a question.

You're assuming too much and you only choose to see selective opinion statements .

And you're right, he either signs or he doesn't. When he does the thing you thought he wouldn't do, you're going to hide under a rock just like everyone else who chooses to read into articles that make absolutely no sense.

23LBJCleBrowns
10-09-2008, 09:11 PM
Doesn't LeBron want to win? Why would he go to the Nets?

cmellofan15
10-09-2008, 10:07 PM
^ Why would he stay on the Cav's?

Nighthawk
10-09-2008, 10:17 PM
Don't get mad at me for following the thread. The statement wasn't made during an interview and when he made it, he wasn't asked a question.

You're assuming too much and you only choose to see selective opinion statements .

And you're right, he either signs or he doesn't. When he does the thing you thought he wouldn't do, you're going to hide under a rock just like everyone else who chooses to read into articles that make absolutely no sense.

who are you

I never said he was at an interview when he made the statements......I was being Hypothetical

And why would i hide under a rock...lol..you fool

If he resigns ill just go WOW!!! i didnt see that coming

And move on with my life

#1Mavericksfan
10-10-2008, 12:00 AM
Just because you like someone doesn't mean you're going to go play basketball with them. If anything, not trading for Jason Kidd was the best move by Ferry. The look on our faces could NEVER match the look on yours when you guys lost to the Warriors which is still considered one of the GREATEST upsets in NBA history. That look was priceless and the bad part about it all is the nba world enjoyed it. DALLAS may as well go into rebuilding mode because their best days are behind them. Jason Kidd probly has 2 more solid years left in him, Dirk isn't enough, and then you have headcase or the nba's version of adam pacman jones in Josh Howard. Cuban would be smart to blow it all up and hope that he could have Dallas financially ready for 2010/2011. There is no hope for Dallas as of right now. There time has past already.

You and eveybody else on this forum keep talking about Golden State beating the Mavs in this playoffs and if it's not that series that everybody on this forum wonna bring up it's the Heat series and it's getting old, what has Golden State done since beating the Mavs?...I'll tell what they done, they got beat down by the Jazz after they beat the Mavs, traded there best player Jason Richardson, then got OWNED by the Mavs that next season...they only beat the Mavs one time and that was only because Dirk was hurt and couldn't play, on top of all of that they didn't even make the playoffs and they let Baron Davis walk and didn't get anything for him, I don't know what Golden State has to do with Lebon James but I'm not surpised because people on this forum always wonna bash the Mavs just beacuse they don't like Cuban...so you keep hating because I love it.

{}
10-10-2008, 01:02 AM
^ Why would he stay on the Cav's?

...because the Cavs can win 50 games in the east. The Nets are a joke and only maybe a peg up on the Bobcats.

GiantYankKnicks
10-10-2008, 01:56 AM
Why are Cavalier fans so obsessed with what Lebrons doing?

JR-FIGHTER
10-10-2008, 03:08 AM
dont know

{}
10-10-2008, 03:35 AM
Once again, this is the 21st century. Maybe in the 1950's going to NY to play made financial sense. The reality is Lebron would have to take a big paycut to leave the Cavs. Remember he plays in the NBA where there is a salary cap, not the MLB. Furthermore, Lebron already has the big time endorsements from global companies. Companies that don't give a rats crap what city he plays in. Lebron is currently the 3rd highest paid athlete only after Tiger Woods, and Phil Mickelson. He makes more money than any other NBA player ALREADY.

So stop with this nonsense that he'd make more playing in NY, or that he always dreamed of wasting the best years of his career playing for a bottom dweller team like the Nets going absolutely nowhere only because he really wants to make the NY fans happy. If he leaves it'll be to improve his chances of winning a championship. So in other words, not a NY team.

Kiss Ma Grits
10-10-2008, 08:27 AM
Once again, this is the 21st century. Maybe in the 1950's going to NY to play made financial sense. The reality is Lebron would have to take a big paycut to leave the Cavs. Remember he plays in the NBA where there is a salary cap, not the MLB. Furthermore, Lebron already has the big time endorsements from global companies. Companies that don't give a rats crap what city he plays in. Lebron is currently the 3rd highest paid athlete only after Tiger Woods, and Phil Mickelson. He makes more money than any other NBA player ALREADY.

So stop with this nonsense that he'd make more playing in NY, or that he always dreamed of wasting the best years of his career playing for a bottom dweller team like the Nets going absolutely nowhere only because he really wants to make the NY fans happy. If he leaves it'll be to improve his chances of winning a championship. So in other words, not a NY team.

Thank you, I'm not saying he won't leave but I also think that if he leaves it won't be to a new york team. It wouldn't make any sense for him to go to the Knicks or the Nets.

Kiss Ma Grits
10-10-2008, 08:29 AM
Why are Cavalier fans so obsessed with what Lebrons doing?

Oh yeah like Net and Knick fans aren't:rolleyes:

Raidaz4Life
10-10-2008, 09:06 AM
he's bluffing

Kiss Ma Grits
10-10-2008, 10:23 AM
who are you

I never said he was at an interview when he made the statements......I was being Hypothetical

And why would i hide under a rock...lol..you fool

If he resigns ill just go WOW!!! i didnt see that coming

And move on with my life

You keep on being hypothetical and I'll stick to the facts.

If ESPN wrote that the sky was purple and you were looking at a blue sky, you would still believe that it's purple. Let me help you understand what I'm saying.

We all know that the sky is blue that is a fact just like Lebron being the third highest paid ATHLETE in sports, Lebron stating countless times that he's content in Cleveland, Cleveland Cavaliers being one of the better teams in the east, The Cavaliers being one of the YOUNGEST teams in the east (only Wallace, Illguaskas, Wally, and Wright are over 30 with Wright being a non factor and Wally being expendable)

The Purple Sky is fiction just like the assumption of a player leaving for another team just because he's acquaintances with a PARTIAL owner of a team, or leaving for a larger populated city because it's larger in population, or a bigger city being able to improve the finances of a player (which is false because if it were true then Wade and Kobe would rank higher then Lebron in endorsements ESSPECIALLY with them being young players with championship rings)

You feed into selective opinions and somehow seem to surpass FACTS.