PDA

View Full Version : What players get better the angrier they get and which ones get frustrated?

JordansBulls
10-06-2008, 03:56 PM
Some players in the league seem to play better when they have a grudge against someone or when they get angry in the game. On the other hand there are others who when they get angry in the game that become more votalile and become frustrated.

With that in mind, what players get better the angrier they get and which ones get frustrated?

okcthunder1
10-06-2008, 03:57 PM
well i'd have to say obviously Lebron

MiamiHeat
10-06-2008, 03:59 PM
I gotta go with lebron
remember what happen when Bosh's girlfriend made him mad?

Famous03
10-06-2008, 04:02 PM
One that starts to play bad is A.I do you people remember in the final when he was getting blocked by kobe, he just started to shot a bunch of crazy shots. And one that plays better is Lebron like MiamiHeat said.

Frank Costanza
10-06-2008, 04:07 PM
that bosh gf thing was after a 20 point lead in the 4th qaurter, ive never seen such a comeback , it showed me that the great ones can do just about anytthing if you push the right buttons

_Sn1P3r_
10-06-2008, 04:08 PM
LeBron man. He just killed the Raps cause of CB4s girlfriend.

SwaggaIke
10-06-2008, 04:16 PM
KOBE BEAN BRYANT. He went so hard on J.R Smith in that opening round series in one game for poppin off at the mouth. That's when Kobe was blowin his fingers off like pistols. He heated Smith up that game.

SensandRaps
10-06-2008, 04:22 PM
I gotta go with lebron
remember what happen when Bosh's girlfriend made him mad?

i hate to say it but i agree lebron showed all of us raptors fans wat he can do when u piss him off:(

JayW_1023
10-06-2008, 04:23 PM
LeBron man. He just killed the Raps cause of CB4s girlfriend.

"It's your fault."

LOL I remember that. I'm pretty sure the whole fiasco with DeShawn fueled james against the Wiz too. He was matched up against some pretty physical defenders, like Buter, Stevenson and Mason. He kept his cool and let his game do most of the talking. For a young player, even a star like James, that's impressive. Especially after getting puched by both Songaila and Stevenson.

Melo is a weak link. He was the only one acting immature in the few moments when it was close during the Olympics. He has to learn how to compose himself. The whole sucker punch incident with Mardy Collins also gave him a reputation as a not so tough minded player.

da wood
10-06-2008, 04:26 PM
KOBE BEAN BRYANT. He went so hard on J.R Smith in that opening round series in one game for poppin off at the mouth. That's when Kobe was blowin his fingers off like pistols. He heated Smith up that game.

yeah i remember that he gave it to that cat also when when ruben patterson proclaimed to be the kobestopper or what about the time against the blazers in the game he thought pippen was going after his bad back. arenes goes hard when pissed off to. sheed goes hard when mad

JordansBulls
10-06-2008, 04:37 PM
What about guys who get frustrated when they get angry?

leftie5
10-06-2008, 04:48 PM
Shaq has always been one who plays better when he's pissed off. He's still got it even later in his career. Just look at one of the games from last year when Joel Przybilla tried to get tough with him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emGkL1F7pww&feature=related

da wood
10-06-2008, 04:51 PM
tracy magrady, d howard, josh smith, ray allen. to name a few.

b_russ
10-06-2008, 04:52 PM
I think the most obvious one that gets frustrated is Ron Artest. I think enough thoughts come to everyone's mind when Artest and frustration are mentioned in the same sentence.

I don't know if you can say that Bryant is all that amazing when he gets mad, he's actually pretty inconsistent. Yeah he can be amazing and throw down a few, or he can make a lot of stupid decisions if he doesn't get his way and you can see it on his face too. Sorry Laker homers:moon:

JOSETHEALLSTAR
10-06-2008, 04:54 PM
Kobe and lebron

IndyRealist
10-06-2008, 06:00 PM
Some of the best are obviously Kobe and Lebron, but very few players have that type of swagger, that killer instinct anymore. Tim Duncan has it. When people start believing that bull about him being soft and start to push him a bit, he ends up dropping 30 and 12. Back in the good ol' days, very few people dared talk trash to Jordan or Bird because they would light you up and stare you down the entire time. And of course there's Reggie Miller. 8 points in 8 seconds (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrlAj-wXTuE)? They almost ran Spike Lee out of town. Arguably the most clutch player ever. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=463f9vIeO6E&feature=related) For over a decade, the most hated player in the league. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDFG8a-H9NM&feature=related)

bbcmillionaire
10-06-2008, 06:26 PM
i like when the bulls take on the pistons. they get each other angry and go at it.

SeoulBeatz
10-06-2008, 06:50 PM
Kevin Garnett, when hes aggressive he's pretty much unstoppable.

Pau Gasol is someone who plays worse, dude cant stand up for himself cus hes too soft

THE_FLASH_21
10-06-2008, 06:55 PM
Kobe fits into both... when he's prevoked this guy can go off!! But sometimes he forces shots that are ludacris!!!

kobe24>jordan23
10-06-2008, 06:57 PM
KOBE BEAN BRYant is the best when he gets mad and there is no comparison if u know wat i mean . the laker nation knows wat im talking about

Fireworld
10-06-2008, 06:59 PM
Ron Ron always plays bad when mad. hurts the team.

Fireworld
10-06-2008, 06:59 PM
Kobe fits into both... when he's prevoked this guy can go off!! But sometimes he forces shots that are ludacris!!!

i agree with both.

Hawkeye15
10-06-2008, 07:00 PM
Kevin Garnett, when hes aggressive he's pretty much unstoppable.

Pau Gasol is someone who plays worse, dude cant stand up for himself cus hes too soft

KG, in a regular season game against Milwaukee, you don't want to piss him off. But when SA would come into town, he would get so riled up, he would get himself kicked out. Hit or miss with him
All time- MJ. You just didn't talk smack to him. Ask Reggie Miller or Allen Iverson. Bird as well. You don't give unstoppable scorers who have control over their emotions extra motivation.
Vernon Maxwell was terrible when mad. He would kick a cameraman in the face if he was in a bad mood. Rodman too.

mamba24
10-06-2008, 07:01 PM
I think the most obvious one that gets frustrated is Ron Artest. I think enough thoughts come to everyone's mind when Artest and frustration are mentioned in the same sentence.

I don't know if you can say that Bryant is all that amazing when he gets mad, he's actually pretty inconsistent. Yeah he can be amazing and throw down a few, or he can make a lot of stupid decisions if he doesn't get his way and you can see it on his face too. Sorry Laker homers:moon:

you obviously dont watch him too much then... id say lebron and kobe are 1 and 2 in that order

UofA
10-06-2008, 07:48 PM
Lebron for sure... even this year, he went off on the wizards when they were all coming after him, and of course the raps game

It also seems that Shaq gets frustrated pretty easily nowadays

Lakersfan2483
10-06-2008, 08:10 PM
Some players in the league seem to play better when they have a grudge against someone or when they get angry in the game. On the other hand there are others who when they get angry in the game that become more votalile and become frustrated.

With that in mind, what players get better the angrier they get and which ones get frustrated?

Kobe, KG, and Duncan. CP3 and D. Wade also play great when angry. Shaq was one of the greatest at playing angry. If you embarassed him on one play, he would go at you the rest of the game. Iverson also improves when he gets angry.

Guys that I have seen get taken out of their comfort zone when angry, Carmelo Anthony, Alonzo Mourning (Dennis Rodman used to take him out of his game and irritate him to the point that he was less effective), Rasheed Wallace, Ron Artest

Hawkeye15
10-06-2008, 08:11 PM
Kobe, KG, and Duncan. CP3 and D. Wade also play great when angry. Shaq was one of the greatest at playing angry. If you embarassed him on one play, he would go at you the rest of the game. Iverson also improves when he gets angry.

Guys that I have seen get taken out of their comfort zone when angry, Carmelo Anthony, Alonzo Mourning (Dennis Rodman used to take him out of his game and irritate him to the point that he was less effective), Rasheed Wallace, Ron Artest

good analysis. I agree with a lot of it. Rodman pissed Karl Malone off so bad it was funny

goku
10-06-2008, 08:11 PM
yao did some times when he got fouled hard are didnt get a call he wuld play much better .....but lebron everytime some one talks he goes off

Lakersfan2483
10-06-2008, 08:14 PM
good analysis. I agree with a lot of it. Rodman pissed Karl Malone off so bad it was funny

Rodman caused problems for Malone in terms of him being taken out of his comfort zone on the court.

Hawkeye15
10-06-2008, 08:17 PM
Rodman caused problems for Malone in terms of him being taken out of his comfort zone on the court.

oh, I know. I watched those games. Malone always physically dominated his matchups, he didn't like someone giving it right back to him.

Lakersfan2483
10-06-2008, 08:21 PM
oh, I know. I watched those games. Malone always physically dominated his matchups, he didn't like someone giving it right back to him.

Exactly, D. Rodman pissed off a lot of players that were physical i.e. Malone, Zo, Anthony Mason, even Shaq.

JMan17
10-06-2008, 08:22 PM
KG for better when mad, even his scream is in the cletics intro :laugh2:
all time: Kobe Bryant, do you really want him to get out his pistols?
worse: Korver, do any of you actually think he could ever get mad?

http://www.the700level.com/images/2008/03/04/korver.jpg

MiamiHeat
10-06-2008, 08:24 PM
KG for better when mad, even his scream is in the cletics intro :laugh2:
all time: Kobe Bryant, do you really want him to get out his pistols?
worse: Korver, do any of you actually think he could ever get mad?

http://www.the700level.com/images/2008/03/04/korver.jpg

http://i27.tinypic.com/ztw4k6.jpg

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/3235/nightmaresforkylexd3.jpg

Beno7500
10-06-2008, 08:25 PM
Kobe and lebron

JordansBulls
10-06-2008, 08:39 PM

Alonzo was the guy I was thinking of of who you could take out of his game if you got him upset.

futureman
10-06-2008, 09:03 PM
I will have to say D-Will after he got snubbed out of the all-star game by cp3 the next night it was D-will 34, cp3 6.

pete_one
10-07-2008, 01:28 AM
Shaquille O'Neal, he be bringing championships to cities when he get mad... :)

FlawlessKB24
10-07-2008, 02:21 AM
the 2002 Kings played badly when they were mad.

Beno7500
10-07-2008, 02:58 AM

what the hell is your problem

Beno7500
10-07-2008, 02:59 AM

the 2007-2008 lakers played badly in crunch time when they were mad

JayW_1023
10-07-2008, 05:57 AM
I love those Knicks-Bulls battles where Charles Oakley constantly getting under Pippens skin and calling Luc Longley 'a dingo loving fatso' on the way to the locker room. Oakley was the most physical defender of his era.

Lebron23
10-07-2008, 06:39 AM
LeBron James

He always love playing againts the Lakers in the regular season

He scored 24 straight points againts the Toronto Raptors, when Bosh's female cousin insulted him in the 2nd half.

MylesKong
10-07-2008, 10:36 AM
Without reading any responses, I'd say the players that become better when they get angry are Shaq, AI and D-Wade.

Melo starts stinking it up with frustation.

Zefflin
10-07-2008, 10:40 AM
Kobe plays out of his mind when someone "angers" him. He makes people look foolish. Lebron plays better when he gets angry too. Like a tank plowing through a field of flowers.

JordansBulls
10-07-2008, 10:44 AM
I love those Knicks-Bulls battles where Charles Oakley constantly getting under Pippens skin and calling Luc Longley 'a dingo loving fatso' on the way to the locker room. Oakley was the most physical defender of his era.

On the 1st 3 peat it was Xavier McDaniel trying to beat up on Pippen that threw him completely off his game.

fredv
10-07-2008, 12:36 PM

The Kings simply play badly.

Wyatt7
10-07-2008, 12:59 PM
I would have to say nash... if he gets fouled hard, or smacked aorund he lights it up!

santana88
10-07-2008, 01:00 PM
it has to be kobe... he is great but when he is angry no one can stop him from going into the hole the best of all tme has to be MJ

Verbal Christ
10-07-2008, 01:18 PM
If you take past players into account Hakeem Olajuwon would completely destroy the competition if you made hime mad, thats after the years where he would just punch you in the face (Ask Bill Laimbeer). He single handedly raped David Robinson the year he was robbed of the MVP, and in the first round matchup damn near averaged a triple double on him, at the end David Robinson even said he couldnt do anything to stop Dream.

BoltLakerPadre
10-07-2008, 01:44 PM

Didn't he put up fifty in one of those games?

BoltLakerPadre
10-07-2008, 01:46 PM

Are you going to support this with something, cause they never looked mad, they looked more like deer in head lights. This is just an angry response to that comment about the 2002 Kings. It's just like his opinion, man.

shtimp7
10-07-2008, 01:57 PM
i think duncan has got to be on the list. the dude has GOT to be mad all the time cuz he knows EVERYONE ****** hates him. I do.

DreamShaker
10-07-2008, 02:02 PM

I agree with this.....

crazygolucky
10-07-2008, 02:11 PM
whenever Suns play Mavericks, Nash always lights it up. That Cuban thing still pisses him off.

JayW_1023
10-07-2008, 07:55 PM

The Adelman Kings were really good...it was because Adelman preaches ball movement to stretch the defense. The offense wasn't based on matchups...it was finding offensive balance and take advantage of open spaces. They were tough to defend because of that, because of their interior passing and shooters. Ball movement will always compensate for individual talent. The Rockets proved that too last year winning 22 straight after Yao went down.

Sure Webber was soft and Vlade pioneered the art of flopping...but make no mistake, those Kings were pretty damn good, offensively at least. I'm a big fan of Adelmans offensive system...if the Rockets are as good defensively as they look on paper and everyone stays healthy...T-Mac will AT LEAST destroy his first round demons. At the very least.