PDA

View Full Version : Do people hate the Lakers cause there to "International" and to white?

LakeRBaller007
10-06-2008, 02:35 PM
Lakers have the most white players in the NBA..

Pau Gasol
Sasha Vujacic
Vladimir
Coby Karl
Luke Walton
Chris Mihm

I'm not trying to turn this into a racial issue but it seems like people hate them cause there mixed and not black enough for the hip-hop NBA??

I for one think people should like the Lakers more because they try to collect fundamental players and not players who think about scoring or showing off dunks..

Faneik
10-06-2008, 02:38 PM

Pau Gasol
Sasha Vujacic
Vladimir
Coby Karl
Luke Walton
Chris Mihm

I'm not trying to turn this into a racial issue but it seems like people hate them cause there mixed and not black enough for the hip-hop NBA??

I for one think people should like the Lakers more because they try to collect fundamental players and not players who think about scoring or showing off dunks..

Could you please explain us where did you get that idea?

theuuord
10-06-2008, 02:39 PM
lol what?

Jonathan2323
10-06-2008, 02:40 PM
Could you please explain us where did you get that idea?

lmao

AFlagRules
Yeah, I've never heard of this outrageous idea before.

I personally hate the Lakers because they've won so much and Kobe plays for them.

marlinsfan24
WTF? wow

SpaceCadet
10-06-2008, 02:49 PM
lol i'm a laker fan n didnt even notice...

MiamiHeat
10-06-2008, 02:51 PM
Lol wow,
I don't really hate the Lakers
I just hate most of their fans, especially the bandwagoners

Tblaze
10-06-2008, 02:53 PM
I sometimes hate the lakers because some lakerfans just keep finding reasons to find themselves hated the most..

so basicly, topics like these :D not the color of their players LOL

junion
10-06-2008, 02:53 PM
too white? really?

How about Utah - even their black players are white.

but that's not the point. I don't know anyone who doesn't like a team just because they're "too white", or too international.

I think the spurs are very international, but no one hates them because of that.. they hate them because they're "too boring". also because they've won the most titles within the last 10 years.

people hate on the lakers because they've had a history of winning throughout the years. same with the celtics, but the celtics won one last year, and before that they went through years of failure, so the hate isn't as great.

also people hate the lakers because kobe plays for them. i'm sure many people would like kobe on their team, but as long as he's the opponent they'll hate on the team he's on

and people hate on the lakers because they have the most stupid fans. not all fans are stupid, but they have a lot of fans, and a small percentage of them are stupid, arrogant, and just stupid again. Since there's a lot more fans, the percentage of stupid fans is the same, but there are more of them. this post is an example of a a stupid comment/question.

JMan17
10-06-2008, 02:54 PM
lol this thread=fail :pity:

MiamiHeat
10-06-2008, 02:55 PM
The Point is
the lakers fans make people hate the Lakers

Faneik
10-06-2008, 02:56 PM
I wonder why the OP didn't want to explain himself...

:hide:

AFlagRules
10-06-2008, 02:57 PM
too white? really?

but that's not the point. I don't know anyone who doesn't like a team just because they're "too white", or too international.

I think the spurs are very international, but no one hates them because of that.. they hate them because they're "too boring". also because they've won the most titles within the last 10 years.

people hate on the lakers because they've had a history of winning throughout the years. same with the celtics, but the celtics won one last year, and before that they went through years of failure, so the hate isn't as great.

also people hate the lakers because kobe plays for them. i'm sure many people would like kobe on their team, but as long as he's the opponent they'll hate on the team he's on

and people hate on the lakers because they have the most stupid fans. not all fans are stupid, but they have a lot of fans, and a small percentage of them are stupid, arrogant, and just stupid again. Since there's a lot more fans, the percentage of stupid fans is the same, but there are more of them. this post is an example of a a stupid comment/question.

This thread should be locked BAHAHAAH LOL!!

SwaggaIke
10-06-2008, 02:58 PM
What the **** are you talking about? Nobody hates the Lakers because they are too white. I hate a lot of Laker fans because they are *******s. Every since the Lakers turned every thing around they are the hottest **** out. I'm not talking about all Laker fans but a lot of them are not humble at all. The **** is just irritating. But I have no problem w/ the Laker team/organization at all.

barreleffact
10-06-2008, 02:59 PM

Pau Gasol
Sasha Vujacic
Vladimir
Coby Karl
Luke Walton
Chris Mihm

before anyone blasts him, im black and ive thought of how non black the lakers are. however, 3 of their top 4 stars are black. that aside, the real reason people hate the lakers are the fans and how much they've won. they also hate how immature kobe used to be.

LakeRBaller007
10-06-2008, 03:00 PM
too white? really?

I wouldn't put Okur and Boozer as white players the only really white players on the Utah is Krover/Harpring

Faneik
10-06-2008, 03:03 PM
I wouldn't put Okur and Boozer as white players the only really white players on the Utah is Krover/Harpring

Kirilenko, Koufos, Fesenko...

EDIT: They also drafted Tomic and Dragicevic this year.

barreleffact
10-06-2008, 03:04 PM

honestly, id put most of utah as white. AK47, Okur, Korver...the list goes on. even D will and Boozer are super bright. but i dont hate Utah at all either. they are a pretty decent team.

but this is funny. one of the first racisms against whites ive ever heard of. its kina funny in a sad way...but it isnt true so it doesnt matter

Buckwheat
2001-2002 roster

They had 8 or 9 African American players.. And us haters still disliked them at that time.

Race has nothing to do with it. The race card is weak. Let it go.

LakeRBaller007
before anyone blasts him, im black and ive thought of how non black the lakers are. however, 3 of their top 4 stars are black. that aside, the real reason people hate the lakers are the fans and how much they've won. they also hate how immature kobe used to be.

Some fans I have talked to talked about how white the Lakers are and some of them think its the reason why they get so many calls in there favor which isn't even the case.. we always get screwed.

LakeRBaller007
10-06-2008, 03:06 PM
Kirilenko, Koufos, Dragicevic, Fesenko...

Yep... in the NBA only the Jazz and Lakers have the most mixed players in the NBA.. is that why so many fans hate both of these teams?

barreleffact
10-06-2008, 03:07 PM
Some fans I have talked to talked about how white the Lakers are and some of them think its the reason why they get so many calls in there favor which isn't even the case.. we always get screwed.

kobe draws the most fouls on the team. why would the black guy get the calls for the white team? makes no sense to me

Buckwheat
10-06-2008, 03:08 PM
Answer my post.. provide me an explanation as to why people hated them back then and now. It's the team.

SpaceCadet
10-06-2008, 03:08 PM
who cares how many white players we have...
we're hated because we're the favorites to win it all next year

Buckwheat
10-06-2008, 03:09 PM
who cares how many white players we have...
we're hated because we're the favorites to win it all next year

Or not..

FortyDubs
10-06-2008, 03:10 PM
What do you mean, "You people"?

junion
10-06-2008, 03:11 PM

yes, the lakers get screwed on calls, but so do all the teams.

every team thinks they got screwed when things don't go their way - teams are confident and believe they did everything they can to win, and when they don't it's hard to accept it, so sometimes they (but mostly their fans) think they got screwed.

it had nothing to do with color (white/black is not a race), it just has to do wtih the fact that humans are reffing the game, humans are playing the game, and humans are not perfect.

Faneik
10-06-2008, 03:12 PM
Yep... in the NBA only the Jazz and Lakers have the most mixed players in the NBA.. is that why so many fans hate both of these teams?

I think you got this one wrong.

I have no reasons to hate the Jazz.

I used to dislike the Lakers b/c of the rivalry, but since I've been on PSD I hate them.

I just have no patience for some arrogant and immature Lakers' fans.

LakeRBaller007
10-06-2008, 03:13 PM
Answer my post.. provide me an explanation as to why people hated them back then and now. It's the team.

It could be the team.. but I have seen a lot of racial posts regarding the Lakers in the last year or so.. so thats why I created this thread.

for example:

LINK (http://www.slate.com/id/2193031/)

Check out that link.

junion
10-06-2008, 03:14 PM

"mixed" doesn't just mean "half black and half white", look at the Spurs' roster they're pretty mixed

RoyalG333
10-06-2008, 03:14 PM
Ive been a Laker fan for about 20 years (im 25). If you look at the Lakers starting 5, only one guy is white. Pau. When i think of a white team, I think of Indiana with Dunleavy and Murphy starting at the 3 and 4. Does Foster start for them at the 5? Anyways, how is this a topic? I thought we were past this race stuff?

Faneik
10-06-2008, 03:18 PM
It could be the team.. but I have seen a lot of racial posts regarding the Lakers in the last year or so.. so thats why I created this thread.

for example:

LINK (http://www.slate.com/id/2193031/)

Check out that link.

You created a thread here on PSD asking if members hate the Lakers b/c they are too white or too international, and then provide a link from another site as your explanation? :confused:

(Which I didn't open btw, b/c I don't know you)

LakeRBaller007
10-06-2008, 03:21 PM
I never said explanation... I said example..

Faneik
10-06-2008, 03:23 PM
I never said explanation... I said example..

OK, example...

But you still didn't explain yourself...

You can't come here and start threads like this and then post links to different sites as example...

$KnicksAndKobe$
10-06-2008, 03:24 PM
I heard kobe likes white chicks, so does that make him white too? plus he speaks white languages soooo

LakeRBaller007
10-06-2008, 03:25 PM
I already suggested and posted that I have talked to a lot of fans who say the Lakers are to white and thats why they get benefit calls most of the time.. and a lot of Laker fans will say they get screwed a lot.

Famous03
10-06-2008, 03:26 PM
I dont hate the lakers i just hate the lakers Homer *** Fans, like LostArt.LOL

23LBJCleBrowns
10-06-2008, 03:27 PM
Their fans are homers, but thats it, I don't hate them becasue their white. LMAO.

L@ker4Life
10-06-2008, 03:28 PM
This is a RIDICULOUS thread but, I'm entertained.

The reason why people hate the Lakers is the same reason I hate other teams. People have had their heartbroken by the Lakers. The Lakers have had so much success over the decades that at some point and time the Lakers have probably spoiled the dreams of about every team competing for a championship. Loyal fans dont forget this and want nothing more to beat the Lakers. Just like how I want to beat the Celtics REAL REAL REAL bad on X-mas day. It's not because I hate them it's because I hate that they crushed our chances at a championship. Same reason I hated Phoenix for two years. The way I look at it when someone hates your team it is a great compliment because it normally means that they fear that your team will get in the way of their chances of getting to the promised land.

Also, there are a CRAP load of poser Lakers fans. There are so many not only bandwagon fans but Kobe fans that its ridiculous. I think that there is a great divide between Lakers fans. Those who are die hard fans and always will be no matter what and those who are fans until the team starts to suck or those who are fans as long as Kobe is on the team. I dispise those Lakers fans.

I realize that most casual fans have no idea what the intricaces are involved in basketball. Most fans think tht if a player doesn't put up 25 pts per game they are no good. People dont realize that you cant have a squad full of scorers. You need your guys that are pass first and your guys that are hustle type players in order to have a successful squad. I think team USA has learned that the hard way for a few years. This year they put more people on the squad that are not necessarily scorers but rebounders, defenders, passers, and hustle players.

Faneik
10-06-2008, 03:29 PM
So...

You're saying non-Laker fans hate them b/c they're too white and b/c of that they get all the refs' calls?...

I've never read anything similar to that here on PSD.

MiamiHeat
10-06-2008, 03:30 PM
L@ker4Life, we dont hate the Lakers team
we hate the homer fans and those goddamn bandwagoners

SeoulBeatz
10-06-2008, 03:32 PM

L@ker4Life
10-06-2008, 03:33 PM
Their fans are homers, but thats it, I don't hate them becasue their white. LMAO.

Aren't all sports fans homers to a certain extent. Is homers another term like haters? You are a hater if you dont agree with certain peoples expectations of their team. You are a homer if other people dont agree with your expectations of your team. I am for sure a homer because I think the Lakers will win 4 of the next 6 championships. Are you a homer because you probably think lebron is better than Kobe? I dont think so....I just think that would make you a loyal fan who is optimistic. ;)

MassoDio
10-06-2008, 03:34 PM
If there is anyone who hates the Lakers because they are "too white" they are ignorant. Just like if anyone hates anything based on race, color, creed, religion, etc. I have said in another thread, ignorance is only bliss if you are the ignorant one. To everyone else, it is just plain irritating.

I hate the Lakers. I hate them something fierce. I have never noticed what their percentage of white's to balcks or americans to international. It doesn't matter. My hatred of the Lakers stems from their fans, and their players, black or white, or green if that was possible. I think that the Lakers have a large number of idiodic, boastful (even when they stink) and over rating fans of any team in any sport. (The others being the Dodgers, Dallas Cowboys, Yankees, Raiders) I appreciate when fans can be realistic about their own teams. I expect SOME overrating, you have to like your team, but the level that Laker fans take it to get's absolutely absurd at times. I have good friends who are Laker fans, and we have discussions all the time about their overrating their own players. So it's not as if I hate the fans as people...just as fans. Overall, I like a lot of the Lakers players individually, just not collectively.

L@ker4Life
10-06-2008, 03:35 PM
L@ker4Life, we dont hate the Lakers team
we hate the homer fans and those goddamn bandwagoners

I am with you 100% on that....And I think most REAl Lakers fans would agree with you whole heartedly. If you haven't suffered through the agony of defeat you will not truly enjoy the taste of victory.....I just feel sorry for bandwagon fans.

LakeRBaller007
10-06-2008, 03:36 PM
I've never read anything similar to that here on PSD.

You need to be more outspoken at the outdoors more.. and see whats really going on. talk with people and you will understand.

JordansBulls
10-06-2008, 03:39 PM
This thread is absolutely ridiculous.