PDA

View Full Version : If Lebron and Dwight were on the Orlando Magic ....

JordansBulls
10-06-2008, 02:29 PM
A lot folks say that if Lebron and Dwight were on the same team they would run the league. Let's say for instance the Magic and Cavs came to an agreement where the Cavs traded Lebron to them for Hedo and Rashard and the lineup of Orlando was the following:

PG Jameer Nelson/Anthony Johnson
SG Mickael Pietru/Keith Bogans
SF Lebron James/J.J. Redick/Courney Lee
PF Tony Battie/Brian Cook
C Dwight Howard/Adonal Foyle/Dwayne Jones

How good do you think they would be?

Jonathan2323
10-06-2008, 02:30 PM
Championship or at least conference champions. eventhough the other players are not very good

mjt20mik
10-06-2008, 02:31 PM
Frickin' Awesome?

What other answer do you think you would get. lol
D 12 + LB 23 = Championship

barreleffact
10-06-2008, 02:32 PM
lebron would have his 1st team i would call a serious contender

marlinsfan24
10-06-2008, 02:33 PM
Damn near unbeatable.

AFlagRules
10-06-2008, 02:47 PM
Thats a nice team. But they would need to get better role guys and backups. Boston didn't win with the big 3, players like Rondo, Posey, Cassell and the smaller pieces made it happen with defense, without them it would feel like 3v5 all the time.

That would be nasty to see though.

JMan17
10-06-2008, 02:51 PM
A lot folks say that if Lebron and Dwight were on the same team they would run the league. Let's say for instance the Magic and Cavs came to an agreement where the Cavs traded Lebron to them for Hedo and Rashard and the lineup of Orlando was the following:

well think of it this way.

kobe and shaq. now look at how that went.

not sure if they would do a 3 peat though due to the fact that the league in the west is much tougher now but just throwing it out there.

MiamiHeat
10-06-2008, 02:52 PM
Finals appearances every year
that would be a sick team

SwaggaIke
10-06-2008, 02:59 PM
Dynasty w/ added shooters.

Jetracer
10-06-2008, 03:15 PM
If my grandma had nuts, she'd be my grandpa

sp1derm00
10-06-2008, 03:17 PM
I don't know how good they would be. I could see them having problems if either Dwight and Lebron get injured during a season and have problems getting healthy since they're both so reliant on their athleticism... they are probably the 2 superstars that are most reliant on their athleticism.

JordansBulls
10-06-2008, 03:20 PM
Finals appearances every year
that would be a sick team

You think they would take Boston?

Buckwheat
10-06-2008, 03:22 PM

Pretty easily.

MiamiHeat
10-06-2008, 03:23 PM

:nod:

Buckwheat
10-06-2008, 03:23 PM
If my grandma had nuts, she'd be my grandpa

False.

I could go into further detail, but it'd get deleted anyways.

Famous03
10-06-2008, 03:29 PM
What if they were'nt in the same team??????

knicks1214
10-06-2008, 03:29 PM
I also think they would make it to at least the championship, if not win it all.

hockeypro68
10-06-2008, 03:31 PM
NBA Finals appearance minimally.

fredv
10-06-2008, 03:38 PM
I'm not so sure they would have a championship so easily. No doubt conference finals, but win against guys like the Lakers or other teams that are deeper and have better role players is a question mark.

RapsGuy23
10-06-2008, 03:45 PM
You would have a VERY VERY dangerous team...championship contenders fosho!!! I know basketball is a team sport but with those two on a team the rest of the pieces need only be NBA caliber players. Man o man would that be fun to watch

Frank Costanza
10-06-2008, 03:56 PM
i think they would at least win the east yr in and out, theyd get a few rings here and there but to say they couldnt be beat is tough cause with the west being upbeleivably dominant for yrs to come someone would sneak a ring here or there, i think though if you look at houstons tmac-yao combo, a third role player is needed to be that dominatn, the best centere and the best swingman and a half decent pg could do it, that being said i mean a pg better than nelson....

_Sn1P3r_
10-06-2008, 04:23 PM
Championship or at least Finals appearance.

$ NyC $
10-06-2008, 04:55 PM
Damn they would prob. break a backboard or something.

Lebron23
10-07-2008, 12:19 AM
Best Team in the entire NBA.

DreamShaker
10-07-2008, 12:31 AM
Well this is my concern....say they took on the Lakers, Hornets, or Rockets or any team with a heavy front court....they would need a power forward to guard one of those guys....but if they got someone like a....Haslem or Gooden....they would be ridiculous....

Bruno
10-07-2008, 12:46 AM
Great team. Fifty win guarantee. ECF appearance. I still say Boston, L.A., New Orleans, and Houston are better. All three of these teams not only have stars but a stellar supporting cast.

Chris Paul would run circles around this team.

Who guards Kobe, Ray Allen, T-Mac? Pau Gasol and David West would put up 25ppg against this team.

Everyone who wants to compare this to Kobe/Shaq...the 2007/2008 Dwight Howard doesn't hold a candle to three-peat Shaq O'neal.

Lakersfan2483
10-07-2008, 01:12 AM

They definitely would be in contention for a title. I still think it comes down to having the necessary role players around them to win. You need role players who can hit the open shot, etc.. Lebron and D. Howard would be a dangerous combination.

Lakersfan2483
10-07-2008, 01:17 AM
I think they would win 60 games out in the East, but I am not sure if they could beat Boston. I think they would need to add a better power forward and some depth off of the bench. I also could not see them beating the lakers.

pete_one
10-07-2008, 01:22 AM
i dont think they can beat boston nor tha lakers or the rockets

LakeShowRaider
10-07-2008, 01:29 AM
well think of it this way.

kobe and shaq. now look at how that went.

not sure if they would do a 3 peat though due to the fact that the league in the west is much tougher now but just throwing it out there.

Wow the west is much tougher now?? wI think youre forgetting about the spurs and the kings! Man those teams were ridiculously tough!

Oh and btw Shaq and Kobe had some of the best role players ever.

The Melky Way
10-07-2008, 02:07 AM
They would be impressive, but the bench wouldn't be strong enough to compete with some of the tougher teams in the Western Conference.

As a Magic fan, I would rather take my chances with the team that we have (maybe trade Turkologu because he is a FA and will walk for a PF to help out Dwight because Lewis is really just an oversized SF).

Jetracer
10-07-2008, 03:06 PM
False.

I could go into further detail, but it'd get deleted anyways.

ROFL!

I'd like to spare myself from the imagery, I stand corrected!

JMan17
10-07-2008, 03:12 PM
Wow the west is much tougher now?? wI think youre forgetting about the spurs and the kings! Man those teams were ridiculously tough!

Oh and btw Shaq and Kobe had some of the best role players ever.

and what else? i mean the west has more then the spurs now. every team is like a 50 win team here.

that's why i was only saying it is KIND OF smiler.

MTar786
10-07-2008, 03:36 PM
i think theyd need better role pleyers.. but with that team theyd easil make the eastern finals.. but they would need to be lucky to win in the finals

balla4life22
10-07-2008, 03:54 PM
best duo in the league

R. Johnson#3
10-07-2008, 03:56 PM
Dwight Howard would get a lot more rebounds. :D

Lebron23
10-07-2008, 08:43 PM
i dont think they can beat boston nor tha lakers or the rockets

LeBron, a One Man Army almost singlehandedly beat the Celtics in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Our Team loss by less than 5 points in Game 7.

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Those 2 together would be insane. But they would need a better supporting cast to beat the better teams in the league. I say 2nd round exit as is.

zachattach
10-07-2008, 08:55 PM
they would make an awesome and exciting duo to watch. But the rest of the roster just isn't good enough, they really wouldn't have any shooting except for Brian Cook who lack really bad on D.

philab
10-07-2008, 09:06 PM
Boston didn't win with the big 3, players like Rondo, Posey, Cassell and the smaller pieces made it happen with defense, without them it would feel like 3v5 all the time.

Eh, I don't know. That sounds an awful lot like the "tail wagging the dog." In other words, were Rondo, Posey, Cassell, etc., integral in putting the Celtics over the top or did the combined excellence of the "big 3" allow the role players to look vastly superior? Could a random assortment of average NBA players (keeping positions, etc. constant) have produced the same result playing with the "big 3"?

It's probably a little bit of both -- just something to think about though.

amare#1
10-07-2008, 10:20 PM
Despite only really being a 2 man team they would be serious contenders.

cmellofan15
10-07-2008, 10:41 PM
Dude I don't like doing this but

(Prime) Shaq > D12 No questions

Robert Horry, Derek Fisher, Rick Fox > Whoever the Hell Orlando has.

also Phil Jackson > Vangundy

I'm sorry I don't think they would be anywhere near that Lakers team, and the Spurs could probably handle them when you look at those match ups. Pietrus can defend some of the best SG's but JJ as a back up SF? Tony Battie or Brian Cook aren't even as good Samake Walker was. But they would be competition in the East with that line up but even the Celtics have depth and that what made them so great. They don't have a go to guy off the bench like Posey and Jameer Nelson isn't a better ball handler than Hedo so I don't think there would be any rings for this team IMO...

Blue Tiger
10-07-2008, 10:53 PM
They would be the only team in the NBA that would be able to kill the Celtics. Lebron and Howard would sound like Batman and Superman.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
10-07-2008, 11:13 PM
that would be damn good team

cmellofan15
10-08-2008, 06:12 PM
They would be the only team in the NBA that would be able to kill the Celtics. Lebron and Howard would sound like Batman and Superman.

The thought of it sounds great but when you really think about it

It wouldn't work out too great IMO...

t mac and vick
10-08-2008, 06:31 PM
championship

Big Quett
10-08-2008, 07:04 PM
I think they would have trouble scoring but i think they would easily be one of the best if not the best defensively though

Cavs_Fan24
10-08-2008, 08:06 PM
LBJ + D12

That's definitely a championship caliber team without question. My only worry with that is that the Orlando team wouldn't have too much depth to it. They'd need upgrades at SG and PF is they'd really want to be a serious contender IMO.