PDA

View Full Version : J.R. Smith to come off the bench for sure?

DenButsu
10-06-2008, 08:50 AM
J.R. Smith to come off the bench for sure?

I don't know if I'm reading too much into this or not, so take it for what it is... me noticing something in an article by Chris Dempsey in the Denver Post (http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_10646468) that's basically about something else (younger players assuming greater team leadership roles).

And it's just a single sentence buried in the middle of the article, said almost in passing, so it really might not suggest anything that's set in stone.

Then again, it's stated very matter-of-factly:

Smith and Kleiza will still come off the bench, but Karl would like one of them to reprise a "bench leader" role filled last season by Najera, who provided energy and attitude along with scoring.

That's pretty cut and dried.

So I don't know if this is gospel or if it's more like "Karl is more or less tentatively planning to play J.R. off the bench but anything could happen, really". We'll find out soon enough, I suppose.

But if it's true, I don't like it. I want J.R. in the starting lineup.

DJiC
10-06-2008, 02:33 PM
i think if we get tinsley he def. will come off the bench but if we don't theres a really goood chance he might start...again who would you rather have starting smith who is taller/defends better/shoots the ball better or carter a short stack who get served by bigger gaurds night in and night out

theanswer418
10-06-2008, 07:49 PM
ai/melo/smith would give us a powerful offensive ai alredy said that he wil llisten to george karl to what he tells him to do so he wanted his assist to go up why not just weitch iverson to point guard i mean look at jason kidd hes old but he passes alot and still a top ten point guard in the league so then we can put jr smith at sg why not we alredy have a good bench and i think jr can make a few all star game appearences if he gets more minutes what do u think?

theanswer418
10-06-2008, 07:55 PM
besides didnt he play point guard in all of his all star games?

-BigT901
10-07-2008, 12:28 AM
Big deal. What you guys need to worry about is defense now that we took Camby away from you haha.

Let's go clippers

DJiC
10-07-2008, 12:31 AM
and we also have 10million to kill now....not to mention im laugh hard if camby gets hurt in the first game of the season...i will laugh hard...and we could use that 10mil towards a younger/better defender...maybe shane battier for kleiza or use it in FA in 09 for a defensive center since AI contract is up also we'll have 30 mil to use

-BigT901
10-07-2008, 12:33 AM
and we also have 10million to kill now....not to mention im laugh hard if camby gets hurt in the first game of the season...i will laugh hard...and we could use that 10mil towards a younger/better defender...maybe shane battier for kleiza or use it in FA in 09 for a defensive center since AI contract is up also we'll have 30 mil to use

Lol, you say all this after he leaves your team? Lol what a hypocrite.

IversonIsKrazy
10-07-2008, 01:00 AM
if we get tinsley then i want JR to come off the bench. but if no trade happens, or signs, im not sure. u could have a lineup of ai,jr,melo,k-mart,nene but ur bench would b pretty low. I hope we get tins, he'll b great 4 us.
PG: Tins/AC/Weems
SG: AI/JR/Weems
SF: Melo/Kleiza/Balkman
PF: K-Mart/Balkman
C: Nene/Birdman

DJiC
10-07-2008, 02:38 AM
ive never said anything good about him to begin with...ive said hes soft and hes always been injury prone...same with nene i wouldnt mind trading him away for a center whose less injury prone and bangs.....so why am i a hypocrite? for laughing if he gets hurt? i hated him for his terrible shot selection those alone prob screwed us over in some games in momentum....so hes going to kill your momentum for the clips and so will ricky davis

DJiC
10-07-2008, 02:41 AM
after the tinsley trade we should try and sign david harrison he would be a GREAT backup..i still laugh at balkman playing as our backup PF...i hope he can bang with the likes of tim duncan and garnett.....but if we sign harrison our lineup would be perfect
tins/smith/ac/weems
ai/kleiza/weems
melo/balkman
martin/birdman
nene/harrison

DenButsu
10-07-2008, 08:41 AM
the answer418, I merged your thread into this one just since we don't need two threads about whether J.R. starts or not - hope ya don't mind. :cool:

And -BigT901, for a detailed breakdown on why you're wrong on several different counts, please read this (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/blog.php?b=17).