PDA

View Full Version : Why Deron Williams is Better than Chris Paul

kurtismurray
10-06-2008, 07:51 AM
I would like to begin by saying Williams destroys Paul in head to head match ups. The stats are incomparable in Williams' favor and Utah is all time 8-2 or something with both players active. Chris Paul only seems better to most people because of the big market New Orleans media. Salt Lake City is a small market place for an NBA franchise which is why the Jazz have always flew under the radar. Deron Williams is also stronger and just as quick as Chris Paul getting to lane at will but able to shoot 3's and mid range jump shots better than Paul. Deron Williams had a better field goal percentage than Chris Paul last season. Deron Williams shoots at a higher percentage and takes 5 or 6 less shots per game than Chris Paul and averages about the same amount of points. Williams also dishes out assists night in and night out like Paul but able to do it in a half court "SET" offense. Deron Williams is said to have an improved Defensive skills over the offseason improving his already descent skills. If you don't believe any of my stats, look them up. You can be proven wrong by your own self. A lot of people are going to think I'm crazy but I have defended my reasoning.

DERON WILLIAMS IS BETTER THAN CHRIS PAUL!!!!!

FOBolous
10-06-2008, 07:53 AM
nope Chris Paul is still better :)

JayW_1023
10-06-2008, 07:56 AM
They are both great...Paul is more of a creater, Deron is more of a distributer. Deron is more about power and Chris Paul is more about speed.

Chris Pauls team however pushed the Spurs much further than the Jazz did. The Jazz are a much deeper squad...Deron has more to work with. Paul was so good last postseason that even as a Spurs fan I can actually say that the Spurs winning that series was somewhat of a FLUKE.

I think Paul has the slight edge...but it's very slight. Paul is the better offensive player, but Deron is better as a defender. It's too close to call. They both play the point differently but with equal effectiveness.

michaellui11
10-06-2008, 08:06 AM
i agree with u

mfb_lt1birdman
10-06-2008, 08:06 AM
Both are wonderful young PG's. I would gladly take either on my team.

NYKnickFanatic
10-06-2008, 08:07 AM
They both are incredible, amazing, exciting point guards.
I dont think you can sit here and say "this one is better than that one."
They are both great point guards, you have to love them both.
They are the new faces of point guards, for years to come.

thccc
10-06-2008, 08:31 AM
I agree I think deron williams is better to..but chris paul is still vary good player.

Chronz
10-06-2008, 08:41 AM
I would like to begin by saying Williams destroys Paul in head to head match ups. The stats are incomparable in Williams' favor and Utah is all time 8-2 or something with both players active. Chris Paul only seems better to most people because of the big market New Orleans media. Salt Lake City is a small market place for an NBA franchise which is why the Jazz have always flew under the radar. Deron Williams is also stronger and just as quick as Chris Paul getting to lane at will but able to shoot 3's and mid range jump shots better than Paul. Deron Williams had a better field goal percentage than Chris Paul last season. Deron Williams shoots at a higher percentage and takes 5 or 6 less shots per game than Chris Paul and averages about the same amount of points. Williams also dishes out assists night in and night out like Paul but able to do it in a half court "SET" offense. Deron Williams is said to have an improved Defensive skills over the offseason improving his already descent skills. If you don't believe any of my stats, look them up. You can be proven wrong by your own self. A lot of people are going to think I'm crazy but I have defended my reasoning.

Actually CP3 is the one who played more in the halfcourt, the Jazz played at one of the fastest paces in the league, Deron Williams may have the better fg% but CP3 has the superior turnover rate despite carrying a bigger load for his team. So any talk about efficient offense has to revolve around this fact, as it makes him the superior offensive player.

daking747
10-06-2008, 08:46 AM
Is this even a question if we swapped the players teams? Paul is the only reason NO is good. Williams looks alot better standing next to a stud like Boozer (not to mention the rest of the stacked team). Who does Paul have? And he is still putting up 20+ assists on any given night.

JJ81
10-06-2008, 08:55 AM
They are both great...Paul is more of a creater, Deron is more of a distributer. Deron is more about power and Chris Paul is more about speed.

Deron's very fast too though

Zefflin
10-06-2008, 09:08 AM
Williams looks alot better standing next to a stud like Boozer (not to mention the rest of the stacked team). Who does Paul have?

Ummm, West and Chandler...

Both Utah and NO have very "stacked" teams.

I love them both, I prefere Dwill though.

RuthlessRecordz
10-06-2008, 09:13 AM
Derron is really underated
Im saying this as a raptor fan
chris paul has tyson chandler and west to go along with
deron only has boozer....one good season and he is on top of the world
no one praised cp3 before this season
Derron would eat cp3.......in the united states olympic team Derron played much better den cp3
Derron just does not get enough love
chris paul with his nast floaters and ally-oops
it's time u say cp3 and derron are the same
derron is mvp

DirtyThirty
10-06-2008, 09:25 AM
cant stand these stupid threads

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-06-2008, 09:35 AM
Lol I'm sick of the "Head to head" argument. thats only legit if they were playin one-on-one. just cuz THA JAZZ beat the Hornets doesn't mean DWill is better. You didn't really make a good argument. soo I'll leave here with somthin for you to think about...

Was DWill runner-up MVP?
Was DWill ROY?

Nuff said.

JordansBulls
10-06-2008, 09:46 AM

First off, threads like this shouldn't exist when the majority will feel that the other player is better. You can't start threads saying one player is better when most will feel the other one is better. It's one thing to start a thread asking who is better, it is another starting one saying one is better when it very well may not be true at all.
I went to Illinois so I am a huge DWill supporter and while I believe Deron was better in college, last year CP3 surpassed him.