PDA

View Full Version : Heat: Marion, a big trading piece

JMan17
10-06-2008, 01:37 AM
http://******.com/src_wiretap_archives/54713/20081005/marion_a_big_trade_chip_for_heat/

If any of you had to pick, where do you think Marion would end up if he were to be traded. I'm not saying he will be I'm saying if he were traded, where would he be traded to and why?

i say maybe the Wizards or Atlanta.

zambo4president
10-06-2008, 01:42 AM
bulls will take him. you can have ben gordon

Beno7500
10-06-2008, 01:47 AM
new york

LAKERS 24/7
10-06-2008, 01:56 AM
Lakers

JK

No idea

SwaggaIke
10-06-2008, 01:57 AM
Now why the hell would we want Ben Gordon? LOL. If they plan to trade Marion, trade him for Odom so he can expire and we can still cake out in the offseason.

Afridi786
10-06-2008, 02:13 AM
^Y trade him at all than? They are both expirings.

SwaggaIke
10-06-2008, 03:15 AM

I honestly am not sure if Marion even wants to be in Miami. There would be the possibility that Odom could be resigned. He's younger, he's a Riley favorite, he's played w/ and has good chemistry w/ Wade. And he's also just a more versatile player overall.

kurtismurray
10-06-2008, 04:35 AM
How about Andrei Kirilenko and Kyrlo Fesenko for Shawn Marion? Utah needs Salary relief with Marion's expiring contract for next summer! and Miami needs a reliable defensive presence at the 3 and improved shooter.

sp1derm00
10-06-2008, 05:29 AM
3 way trade...

Lakers out: Lamar Odom, Luke Walton, Farmar, Mbenga
Heat out: Shawn Marion
Chicago out: Hinrich, Deng

Lakers in: Kirk and Deng
Heat in: LO and Luke
Chicago in: Shawn Marion, Farmar, Mbenga

Result:
Lakers

PG- Kirk, Fish, Yue
SG- Kobe, Sasha
SF- Deng, Ariza
PF- Pau, Powell, Radman
C- Bynum, Mihm

Heat
PG- Banks, Chalmers, Smush?
SG- Wade, Wright
SF- Beasley, James Jones, Luke
PF- LO, Haslem
C- Blount, Magloire

Chicago
PG- Rose, Farmar
SG- Gordon, Hughes
SF- Marion, Nocioni, Thabo
PF- Gooden, Noah
C- TT, Mbenga, Simmons

This trade works out great for both teams. LA gets to unload some depth (too much of it) for some better quality talent. Heat get LO and Luke for Marion which works out for both teams since LO is a much better PF than Marion and Beasley gets to play his more natural position of SF. Chicago gets Marion and Farmar for Kirk and Deng, basically an upgrade in SF for a downgrade in PG... not bad when they have too much depth in PG.

Yes, i designed this trade to favor the Lakers... but still works out well for all teams involved imo.

barreleffact
10-06-2008, 05:39 AM
3 way trade...

Result:
Lakers

PG- Kirk, Fish, Yue
SG- Kobe, Sasha
SF- Deng, Ariza
PF- Pau, Powell, Radman
C- Bynum, Mihm

Heat
SG- Wade, Wright
PF- LO, Haslem
C- Blount, Magloire

Chicago
PG- Rose, Farmar
SG- Gordon, Hughes
PF- Gooden, Noah
C- TT, Mbenga, Simmons

This trade works out great for both teams. LA gets to unload some depth (too much of it) for some better quality talent. Heat get LO and Luke for Marion which works out for both teams since LO is a much better PF than Marion and Beasley gets to play his more natural position of SF. Chicago gets Marion and Farmar for Kirk and Deng, basically an upgrade in SF for a downgrade in PG... not bad when they have too much depth in PG.

Yes, i designed this trade to favor the Lakers... but still works out well for all teams involved imo.

gross...if im the lakers, im trading LO for nothing less than marion. dont need heinrich, and deng isnt versatile enough.

with that being said I really dont know how much value marion has. the heats biggest hole is a C. Nobody in their right mind is going to give a star center for marion. True centers dont come very often. They could try to get a more post capable PF but that will probably be next offseason when they let marion walk and sign boozer

sp1derm00
10-06-2008, 05:47 AM
gross...if im the lakers, im trading LO for nothing less than marion. dont need heinrich, and deng isnt versatile enough.

with that being said I really dont know how much value marion has. the heats biggest hole is a C. Nobody in their right mind is going to give a star center for marion. True centers dont come very often. They could try to get a more post capable PF but that will probably be next offseason when they let marion walk and sign boozer

Well, I'd give up Odom and Farmar for Deng and Hinrich because Hinrich is a big upgrade in the PG department and while Deng is a lesser player than Odom imo, he can probably provide more at the SF position with defense and consistency than Odom could.

The Heat would be getting Odom to play PF, putting Odom at the position he wants to play and is most efficient at playing.

The Bulls are gonna probably benefit the most from this trade. They get Marion (big upgrade over Deng) for the price of downgrading Hinrich to Farmar... plus a big in Mbenga should they choose to utilize him.

jellywuoo
10-06-2008, 06:32 AM
I hope Heat would trade him for some big guy.
They are so weak in the paint.
Somebody knows the height of beasley? 6'10 ,6'9 or 6'8?

blackjack_119
10-06-2008, 06:32 AM
I don't think I am being a homer when I say that the Blazers are one of the most likely destinations for Marion. Portland definitely needs Marion's veteran presence and impact at SF. Portland also has a lot of pieces that are attractive to Miami. If the Heat think Beasley is better suited at PF, the Blazers have Outlaw or Martell Webster who could start at SF. Joel Pryzbilla would be an upgrade at Center. If Beasley is a SF, Channing Frye would be an enticing piece. If the Heat are looking to upgrade at PG, Steve Blake or Jerryd Bayless are moveable pieces.
The real benefit for the Heat trading with Portland is that the Blazers can pair any of their young cheap contracts with Raef LaFrentz's expiring contract to give Miami the players/contracts they want without having to take on any bad contracts to match Marion's salary.

barreleffact
10-06-2008, 06:39 AM

all the predraft measurements had him at 6'7. im assuming that was w/o shoes. they said he does have a really long wingspan tho

jellywuoo
10-06-2008, 08:36 AM
all the predraft measurements had him at 6'7. im assuming that was w/o shoes. they said he does have a really long wingspan tho

6'7
That is terrible! Elton Brand even has 6'8.

JayW_1023
10-06-2008, 09:00 AM
Marion should just shut up and play...he is a great defender but his constant groping about wanting touches annoys me. He isn't above average when it comes to creating his own offense. He is better playing off the offense as a stationary shooter or finisher around the rim. He is more effective without the ball and scoring off putbacks or running in transtition.

RuthlessRecordz
10-06-2008, 09:17 AM
He is gonna end up in Toronto
done deal

JordansBulls
10-06-2008, 09:42 AM
http://******.com/src_wiretap_archives/54713/20081005/marion_a_big_trade_chip_for_heat/

If any of you had to pick, where do you think Marion would end up if he were to be traded. I'm not saying he will be I'm saying if he were traded, where would he be traded to and why?

i say maybe the Wizards or Atlanta.

I'd trade Gordon and Nocioni for him.

LD V2.0
10-06-2008, 10:08 AM
The Knicks

Frank Costanza
10-06-2008, 10:11 AM
How about Andrei Kirilenko and Kyrlo Fesenko for Shawn Marion? Utah needs Salary relief with Marion's expiring contract for next summer! and Miami needs a reliable defensive presence at the 3 and improved shooter.
no one wants anyone from your scrub utah staff

Frank Costanza
10-06-2008, 10:11 AM
i think the knicks have a better shot at getting marion than utah

Frank Costanza
10-06-2008, 10:14 AM
i hope heat would trade him for some big guy.

6'9

2010 or Bust
10-06-2008, 10:32 AM
Knicks give Eddy Curry and Malik Rose's expiring contract for Marion
Heat need a center.
Knicks need to get rid of people.

theimortalone
10-06-2008, 11:31 AM
He is gonna end up in Toronto
done deal

Why the hell would he end up in Toronto? Done deal huh? :rolleyes::eyebrow:

JayW_1023
10-06-2008, 11:35 AM
Heat need a center.
Knicks need to get rid of people.

No way the Heat will do that deal...Eddy Curry..lol.

blackjack_119
10-06-2008, 01:43 PM

At the Pre Draft Camp, he measured 6'7" w/o shoes... and 6'8.25" with shoes. So he is 6'8". http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/

MiamiHeat
10-06-2008, 02:53 PM
Why would the Heat want anything other than a C and a nice veteran PG?

NO thank you to Ben Gordon

Famous03
10-06-2008, 03:24 PM
This is the Trade i would see going down......

Marion for Outlaw, Frye, and Lafrentz.

Works for both teams, Portland is looking for some vets and miami looking for some young players.

And it works in the trade machine.
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=510~2754~454~2015&teams=22~14~14~14&te=&cash=

Miami
Pg Qinn/Mario
Sg Wade/Jones
Sf Outlaw/Wright
Pf Beasley/Haslem
C Frye/Jamal

Portland
Pg Bayless/Blake
Sg Roy/Rudy
Sf Marion/webster
Pf LaMarus/Ike
C Oden/Joel

Jonathan2323
10-06-2008, 03:26 PM
if i were the Heat i would keep Marion till the Deadline and if there is a good player out there trade for him if not let Marion's contract expire or maybe resign him if the Heat have a great season.

_Supreme_
10-06-2008, 04:01 PM

If he walks away without anything in return the money would be lost because the Heat is still over the cap without his salary on it.

So what Pat Riley will likely do is either convert his salary in a trade for a solid piece (or a couple of pieces) that we really need for the future of the team, or let him walk if no.

Unless the team happens to do really well with him on the roster this season I don't think Marion is in the long term plans anyway. The cap room we will have in the 2010 offseason will not be put in jeopardy unless Pat Riley thinks the piece(s) we would get in return now are equal to what we could get in free agency then.
Either a legit big or a star player who doesn't play at Wade's or Beasley's position would be best, but obviously those are very hard to find.

_Supreme_
10-06-2008, 04:08 PM
I'd trade Gordon and Nocioni for him.

But we are not going to take on a player like Gordon with his salary demands.

There is no way, period, that Pat Riley will consider giving up the cap room we will be having in upcoming years for someone like Gordon, who even plays at Wade's position.

I know that apparently the people in the Bulls forum seem to think this has been a legit trade possibility, and even that Miami initiated it, but I haven't seen anything about that anywhere else.

Famous03
10-06-2008, 04:10 PM
^^
y would miami want gordan?

_Supreme_
10-06-2008, 04:10 PM
Heat need a center.

I'd rather have Shawn Marion at center than Edyy friggin' Curry.

Nice to see everyone come out of the woodwork to offer their crap players to us though :laugh2:

_Sn1P3r_
10-06-2008, 04:13 PM
I'd keep Marion for now and see what he can do this year. If they really wanna trade him, I'd trade for a C. No clue who though.

ATX
10-06-2008, 04:14 PM
We don't want Eddy Curry, period. I do think that Portland could be a great trading partner. I however would rather just let Marion play this season, and see how the team plays. If it doesn't work then 17.8 million is coming off the books for '09, or to be saved untill '10.

Famous03
10-06-2008, 04:14 PM
people keep on saying to trade him 4 a center...... but tell me one center you can trade for marion.

SwaggaIke
10-06-2008, 04:15 PM
^Exactly.

_Supreme_
10-06-2008, 04:23 PM
Right now there seems to be no logical deal at hand, but Riley can afford to be patient with this untill things change during the season as they usually do, and the right deal comes along.

Famous03
10-06-2008, 04:27 PM
^^
Maybe. Only time will tell.

ATX
10-06-2008, 04:32 PM
LaMarcus Aldridge? He can play the 5 right?

rhino17
10-06-2008, 04:39 PM
The most I would be willing to trade from the rockets is shane Battier

JayW_1023
10-06-2008, 04:39 PM
Aldridge is as untradable for Portland as Roy and Oden.

daleja424
10-06-2008, 04:48 PM
Miami trades Shawn Marion, Udonis Haslem, and Marcus Banks to Portland for Aldridge, Francis, and Outlaw.

LayZbone
10-06-2008, 04:50 PM
The most I would be willing to trade from the rockets is shane Battier

lol, seems about right....

Yao
Marion
Artest
McGrady
Alston

JOSETHEALLSTAR
10-06-2008, 04:57 PM
maybe new york ?

JordansBulls
10-06-2008, 05:02 PM
The Suns should trade Diaw and Barbosa for Marion

rocowear21
10-06-2008, 05:04 PM
what about eddy curry and zach for marion and maybe a pick

_Supreme_
10-06-2008, 05:08 PM
The Suns should trade Diaw and Barbosa for Marion

No, that doesn't make sense at all for the Heat.

Edit: and lmao, Marion would be back in Phoenix with even less touches now that Shaq is also there :laugh2:

_Supreme_
10-06-2008, 05:09 PM

:no:

rocowear21
10-06-2008, 05:14 PM
what about zach and eddy curry for marion and maybe a pick

dee279
10-06-2008, 05:18 PM

that wouldnt even work because of the Cap, Eddy Curry and Zach's contract would go up over way over 20 million and shawn marion's contract is about 18 million and also nobody wants Zach or Eddy definantly not both of dem

dre1990
10-06-2008, 05:22 PM
i could see him in utah, didnt the suns try to trade him therer last summer

daleja424
10-06-2008, 05:27 PM
The pieces dont match with Utah. The Heat would want back a large expiring and a promising young player for marion at this point...imo

mamba24
10-06-2008, 05:44 PM
3 way trade...

Result:
Lakers

PG- Kirk, Fish, Yue
SG- Kobe, Sasha
SF- Deng, Ariza
PF- Pau, Powell, Radman
C- Bynum, Mihm

Heat
SG- Wade, Wright
PF- LO, Haslem
C- Blount, Magloire

Chicago
PG- Rose, Farmar
SG- Gordon, Hughes
PF- Gooden, Noah
C- TT, Mbenga, Simmons

i dont want hinrich or deng

IndyRealist
10-06-2008, 06:17 PM
Miami will want a PG, a C, expiring contracts for filler, and a draft pick. I seriously doubt they'll take anything less. If you're team can't offer that, then they're probably not in the running. Any team not in LA, Houston, Cleveland, Orlando, Portland, or Boston trading for him would be doing so for his expiring contract, because the moment his contract is up, he'll be bolting for one of those teams.

Pacers trade Troy Murphy, Rasho Nesterovic, Jamaal Tinsley, and a first round draft pick to the Heat for Shawn Marion, and Undonis Haslem.

HiphopRelated
10-06-2008, 07:28 PM
If he walks away without anything in return the money would be lost because the Heat is still over the cap without his salary on it.

So what Pat Riley will likely do is either convert his salary in a trade for a solid piece (or a couple of pieces) that we really need for the future of the team, or let him walk if no.

Unless the team happens to do really well with him on the roster this season I don't think Marion is in the long term plans anyway. The cap room we will have in the 2010 offseason will not be put in jeopardy unless Pat Riley thinks the piece(s) we would get in return now are equal to what we could get in free agency then.
Either a legit big or a star player who doesn't play at Wade's or Beasley's position would be best, but obviously those are very hard to find.
Heat are ~ 8-10 mil under Cap when Marion expires

http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/heat.jsp

+4 to the total for James Jones + ~1 for Livingston

so 53 mil commited with ~ 61 mil cap

IversonIsKrazy
10-06-2008, 08:52 PM
Marion + Banks + Cook 4 Sheed + Billups. works out financially.
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=63~883~2165~3196~510&teams=14~14~8~8~8&te=&cash=

HEAT:
PG: Billups
SG: D-Wade
SF: B-Easy
PF: Haslem
C: Sheed

PISTONS:
PG: Stuckey
SG: Rip
SF: Tay
PF: Matrix
C: Max

or

Marion 4 LO + Luke or Marion 4 LO + Farmar. both work out financially.
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=617~2027~510&teams=14~14~13&te=&cash=

LAKERS
PG: Fish/Sun Yue
SG: Kobe/Vujacic
SF: Matrix/Ariza/Luke
PF: Pau/Radman
C: AB17/Powell/Mihm

HEAT
PG: Farmar/Quinn
SG: D-Wade/Cook
SF: B-Easy/?
PF: LO/Haslem
C: Haslem/Blount/Magloire

J$mo0th_3o5
10-07-2008, 12:00 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=63~883~2165~3196~510&teams=14~14~8~8~8&te=&cash=

HEAT:

PISTONS:

or

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=617~2027~510&teams=14~14~13&te=&cash=

LAKERS

HEAT

I like both deals I wouldn't mind them

DQL
10-07-2008, 03:57 AM
This is the Trade i would see going down......

Marion for Outlaw, Frye, and Lafrentz.

Works for both teams, Portland is looking for some vets and miami looking for some young players.

And it works in the trade machine.
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=510~2754~454~2015&teams=22~14~14~14&te=&cash=

Miami
Pg Qinn/Mario
Sg Wade/Jones
Sf Outlaw/Wright
Pf Beasley/Haslem
C Frye/Jamal

Portland
Pg Bayless/Blake
Sg Roy/Rudy
Sf Marion/webster
Pf LaMarus/Ike
C Oden/Joel

I'd do that months ago but right now the Heat have a crowded roster. We will probably look for a deal that take back less players

HEAT:

PISTONS:

I'm not sure about this. Too many players need touches. And I rather get some young players

LAKERS

HEAT

No way would I take Walton. I don't want a bench player that makes 26 mil for next 5 years.

I don't want Farmar too. We already have 5 PGs under contract