PDA

View Full Version : you're a coach...

barreleffact
10-05-2008, 11:37 PM
and you dont have to play your franchise player to win games. do you play them anyway and risk injuries or do you sit them to rest up?

and the inverse of that, what if you are the player. you know you can get PT in abundance if you choose, so would you risk your health knowing you're 1 injury away from a season ending or career ending injury?

me...as a coach id limit him to 30 minutes max if i could and really didnt need him. i wouldnt want to play him more than 24-26 tho. but i guess you have to a bit for fans and for consistancy with your line up and players.

as a player, id want to play to fill up the stats, but idk. after seeing injuries like the livingston one and the wade one, its like...i wouldnt really want to risk it if the game didnt mean anything

oshea225
10-05-2008, 11:39 PM
what point of the season is it?

barreleffact
10-05-2008, 11:41 PM
what point of the season is it?

its up to you. it doesnt really matter.

personally, id always rest a kobe or lebron as much as i could whether its a playoff game or a preseason opener

Beno7500
10-05-2008, 11:43 PM
what

JIDsanity
10-05-2008, 11:54 PM
What?

JIDsanity
10-05-2008, 11:55 PM
I mean It wouldn't make sense for the player to play, that's kinda obvious

LAKERS 24/7
10-05-2008, 11:56 PM
if im a coach its up to the player

if i was the player i would because i personally love basketball too much to want to sit out

Kyben36
10-06-2008, 12:18 AM
If We are in the playoffs, and I the #1 seed is up for Grabs, Hell yes I play Him

If the #1 spot was taken and you knew you were in the playoffs anyway, I would still play Him, you want the Highest seed Posible

If you were already the #1 seed, I would still play him. just tell him not to push himself. You dont want him to get rusty.

If He was injured already, no I would not want him to Push himself, especialy late in the season. Remeber what hapened to The Wizards in 2007.

If it was a team Like the Knicks Though, I would Sit them. Even if it was a playoff game
How much Damage can Marbury, ZBO and Cheseburger Eddie Do to a Team. even with Galinali or whatever the Fudge his name is.

Now, If I was in the Playoffs, I would tell him no matter what push it to The Limit. Unless it involves the situation above.

cahawk
10-06-2008, 03:53 AM
For young players, let them play.
But as they get older rest them more, have them fresh & healthy for playoffs.
An older, large player like Shaq would be a prime example to keep rested and healthy for when a coach needs him.
Players that take a beating like a Wade, Pierce or Iverson I would want to rest more because they would be more injury prone than jump shooters...and you will need them.

Missing56&33
10-06-2008, 03:19 PM
since we are talking about franchise players. I play them. thats who the fans want to see if the game is out of reach I rest them and watch my younger less experience players. Its a game but its still a business and if you dont play the best for the people to see you wont be coaching long.

_Sn1P3r_
10-06-2008, 04:32 PM
if im a coach its up to the player

if i was the player i would because i personally love basketball too much to want to sit out

Yeah pretty much same to me.

Lakersfan2483
10-06-2008, 04:59 PM
During the season, it's always smart to rest your stars more, it's a long 82 game season. It's also important to allow your bench to develop. Gregg Popovich and Phil Jackson are great in terms of managing the mins. of their superstars.

Rome
10-06-2008, 05:49 PM
Not to sound cocky but I'm undefeated as a head coach. Haha I'd play whoever I felt like at the time. Of course I would rest my star but if needed him and he wasn't drained I'd throw him back in there. But yea if it was a game we could win without him I'd limit his minutes for sure.

Hawkeye15
10-06-2008, 07:15 PM
you want to rest your stars, but they want to play, and every team in the NBA is capable of winning any given night. So if the Lakers are up by 2 against the Grizz in the 4th, do you sit Kobe? No

JOSETHEALLSTAR
10-06-2008, 11:19 PM
uhh what ?