PDA

View Full Version : Corey Brewer Article

IowaAJ
10-05-2008, 09:44 PM
http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/news/brewer_feeling_more_at_ease.html

Brewer's first step to moving on from last season was to hit the gym religiously over the summer to refine an inconsistent jump shot and improve his ball handling skills. Brewer did that, spending countless hours in the Wolves’ practice facility this offseason working with assistant general manager Fred Hoiberg and the rest of the coaching staff to improve those important facets of his game.

“My hard work has paid off a lot,” Brewer said. “It was a good thing staying in Minnesota and working out with the coaching staff all summer.”

Another reason that Brewer seems so much more at ease with this year’s training camp compared to last, is the heightened intensity level, something that Brewer feels is helping the team come together more quickly. “The intensity is a lot higher at training camp this year. It was high last year, but this year it's a lot higher. You can see that we're coming along and gelling quicker than we did last year.”

As for that jumper and ball handling, according to Vice President of Basketball Operations Kevin McHale, both are light years ahead of where they were this time last year. “Corey is one of our most improved players from training camp this year to last. He’s worked extremely hard in the offseason to develop a consistent jump shot and improve his ball-handling skills and both are vastly improved. It’s good to see the time and effort he put into improving those two areas this summer starting to pay off.”

It is nice to see he is improving his offense because his defense will be a key to help us win a lot of games. He is working very hard to try and improve and I think he will have a good season this year for us.

PurpleJesus
10-05-2008, 10:54 PM
i would take 8 points and about 43% FG from him, that would be significant improvement on offense, and we all know what he can do on D

JBoog35
10-06-2008, 05:47 PM
i would take 8 points and about 43% FG from him, that would be significant improvement on offense, and we all know what he can do on D

agreed

Hawkeye15
10-06-2008, 07:59 PM
I would like to see him hit open jumpers, and rebound. We know he can turn into that lock down defender. I would love to see 9-5, and him slowing down the best perimeter player on the other team.