10-05-2008, 12:42 PM
1 bron
2 paul
3 t mac
4 artest
5 ?

TMAC94
10-05-2008, 12:48 PM
tracy mcgrady isnt a small foward, he is a shooting gaurd, but too answer your question i think he is in there.

kswissdaf
10-05-2008, 12:51 PM
fo show

MiamiHeat
10-05-2008, 12:51 PM
Yes i do believe so
top 5ish..

$ NyC $
10-05-2008, 12:58 PM
t-mac plays sf also..kinda a sg/sf

But 2 answer the question i actually would say Marion is top 5. 6'7 with career averages of

10.1 rpg 2.0 aspg 1.9 spg 1.3 bpg 1.61 tpg 2.60 fpg 18.3 ppg

JMan17
10-05-2008, 01:00 PM
1 bron
2 paul
3 t mac
4 artest
5 ?

where's melo?

blacknell
10-05-2008, 01:04 PM
no

JMan17
10-05-2008, 01:04 PM
my top 5:
1. Lebron
2. Melo
3. Artest
4. Smith (if he were to play SF)
5. Iggy
6. Josh Howard
7. Deng
8. Granger
9. Marion

i put marion at 9.

MiamiHeat
10-05-2008, 01:09 PM
granger?? seriously?

$ NyC $
LeBron. Melo. Don't think artest. Smith i would put ahead of him. But putting Iggy Howard Deng and Granger? Iggy ehh MAYBE but the rest are very good but not better than Marion, not yet at least.

23LBJCleBrowns
Wait, Whose Paul, The only Paul I know is Chris Paul?

MiamiHeat
10-05-2008, 01:11 PM

:laugh2: just noticed that
i have no clue

23LBJCleBrowns
10-05-2008, 01:12 PM
I think this Guy thinks Chris Paul is a SF!! LMAO.

_Supreme_
10-05-2008, 01:12 PM
granger?? seriously?

Granger is actually pretty good. Granger basically is a mini-Marion, a very similar all-round performing player who has been getting better and better.

It's the numbers 4, 5, 6 and 7 on his list I don't agree with though, and I'm not a big Melo fan either.

_Supreme_
10-05-2008, 01:13 PM

Let's hope he meant Paul Pierce :hide:

23LBJCleBrowns
10-05-2008, 01:15 PM
Maybe, But Paul Pierce shouldn't be Second.

MiamiHeat
OOOOOO yeah Paul Pierce

JMan17
granger?? seriously?

you obviously have not paid any attention to how well Granger :pity:

Marion is good but he can't create his own shot. when was the last time you seen him driving down the line with the ball or doing some shake and bake moves to open himself for a shot? I noticed that most of his points have been just from get passed to for an open 3 or a pass to him down low and gets it in.

23LBJCleBrowns
10-05-2008, 01:16 PM
1. Bron
2. Melo
3. Shawn Marion (IMO)
4. Paul Pierce
5. Josh Smith (He is very GOOD)

MiamiHeat
10-05-2008, 01:16 PM
you obviously have not paid any attention to how well Granger :pity:

Marion is good but he can't create his own shot. when was the last time you seen him driving down the line with the ball or doing some shake and bake moves to open himself for a shot? I noticed that most of his points have been just from get passed to for an open 3 or a pass to him down low and gets it in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coLKs4Vq2nc&feature=related

look at the first play
pretty good :)
shake and bake that biah

JMan17
10-05-2008, 01:17 PM
LeBron. Melo. Don't think artest. Smith i would put ahead of him. But putting Iggy Howard Deng and Granger? Iggy ehh MAYBE but the rest are very good but not better than Marion, not yet at least.

Iggy crushes Marion, same with Deng, not that much with Granger or Howard. But tell me when Marion can actually create his own shot.

23LBJCleBrowns
10-05-2008, 01:19 PM
Marion is amazing, you got to be kidding me. Luol is a BEAST!

JMan17
10-05-2008, 01:19 PM

look at the first play
shake and bake that biah

wow he did the first play well OMG! :pity:

but wait, i watch the rest of the video and i see Marion getting the ball passed to him, where's his moves after that!?

JMan17
10-05-2008, 01:20 PM
Marion is amazing, you got to be kidding me. Luol is a BEAST!

you overrate so many players :pity:

Cavs_Fan24
10-05-2008, 01:31 PM
where's melo?

thats what i was thinking

HiphopRelated
10-05-2008, 01:32 PM
Yes, easily

_Supreme_
10-05-2008, 01:33 PM
Iggy crushes Marion, same with Deng, not that much with Granger or Howard. But tell me when Marion can actually create his own shot.

Ehm, I wouldn't exactly say Iggy "crushes" Marion.

It depends on what role a player needs to play on his team. If it is first scoring option the ranking would be totally different than when ranking the defensive qualities. Marion on the Suns and Iggy on the 76ers have had very different roles throughout the years.

The same for Melo. Melo might be very good on offense, but other than that he isn't that great Imo.

JMan17
10-05-2008, 01:49 PM
Ehm, I wouldn't exactly say Iggy "crushes" Marion.

It depends on what role a player needs to play on his team. If it is first scoring option the ranking would be totally different than when ranking the defensive qualities. Marion on the Suns and Iggy on the 76ers have had very different roles throughout the years.

The same for Melo. Melo might be very good on offense, but other than that he isn't that great Imo.

Yes he does, much faster, much more explosive. not a better shooter but then again marion's shot is so messed up :laugh2:

if Iggy were on the suns, i think the team would be much better, they would have shooters and a guy who can just crush everybody in his path, (except for my boy smith of course :D)

his posting up skills are great, he shoots well, scores really well, (at least he is a much better 1st or even 2nd option then marion has ever been) has really good rebounding skills, the only thing marion has on him is man to man defense.

heyman321
10-05-2008, 01:57 PM

look at the first play
shake and bake that biah

Did you watch the rest of the video? He is getting spoon fed like a baby.

heatfan123249
10-05-2008, 02:02 PM
1 bron
2 paul
3 t mac
4 artest
5 ?

what ron artest shouldnt even be up there Marion is top 3

JOSETHEALLSTAR
10-05-2008, 02:08 PM
^ hahah yeah marion is top 5

_Supreme_
10-05-2008, 02:17 PM
Yes he does, much faster, much more explosive. not a better shooter but then again marion's shot is so messed up :laugh2:

if Iggy were on the suns, i think the team would be much better, they would have shooters and a guy who can just crush everybody in his path, (except for my boy smith of course :D)

his posting up skills are great, he shoots well, scores really well, (at least he is a much better 1st or even 2nd option then marion has ever been) has really good rebounding skills, the only thing marion has on him is man to man defense.

If we were to compare career averages the only stat that Iggy has on Marion is his assists.

All of Marion's % are better (fg, 3 and ft) and he almost doubles the amount of rebounds Iguodala gets. Except for his rookie year Marion has never averaged less than 9.3 rebounds while Iggy has never averaged more than 5.8. So Marion is the better rebounder hands down, also when it comes to offensive rebounding. He blocks almost 3 times as many shots and Iggy has more turnovers per game.

Last year Iguodala averaged 2 scores a game more, had 2.5 more assists and a slightly better ft%. When the whole offense of your team evolves around you those averages are not very strange.

Marion still beat him out on all other stats last year.

So saying the only thing Marion has on Iggy is man to man defense is simply not true :rolleyes:

They are both very good players, and neither "crushes" the other (except for the rebounding numbers).

JMan17
10-05-2008, 02:26 PM
If we were to compare career averages the only stat that Iggy has on Marion is his assists.

All of Marion's % are better (fg, 3 and ft) and he almost doubles the amount of rebounds Iguodala gets. Except for his rookie year Marion has never averaged less than 9.3 rebounds while Iggy has never averaged more than 5.8. So Marion is the better rebounder hands down, also when it comes to offensive rebounding. He blocks almost 3 times as many shots and Iggy has more turnovers per game.

Last year Iguodala averaged 2 scores a game more, had 2.5 more assists and a slightly better ft%. When the whole offense of your team evolves around you those averages are not very strange.

Marion still beat him out on all other stats last year.

So saying the only thing Marion has on Iggy is man to man defense is simply not true :rolleyes:

They are both very good players, and neither "crushes" the other (except for the rebounding numbers).

wow you're puting stats in this when you know that Marion gets spooned fed all the time? dude my stats would be great too if i had Nash giving it to me for open look too? :rolleyes:

Big Quett
10-05-2008, 02:42 PM

look at the first play
shake and bake that biah

yea and the next 30 or so plays are breakaways and alleys. Marion is a system guy he would be a great fit with a team like the lakers where he would be the 3rd option or so. Marion never was or never be a 1st or 2nd option. He is just en extremely great garbage player. Putbacks dunks rebounds and D. Like ben wallace "WAS".

CowboysKB24
10-05-2008, 02:45 PM
Marion is NOT top five no way.

Big Quett
10-05-2008, 02:45 PM
my top 5:
1. Lebron
2. Melo
3. Artest
5. Iggy
6. Josh Howard
7. Deng
8. Granger
9. Marion

i put marion at 9.

so u would take all of them before a finals mvp in Pual Pierce. Ok lebron that is easy but the rest of? What has any of them every done or achieved besides lebron carrying his team to the finals

NYMetros
10-05-2008, 02:46 PM
IMO...

1. LeBron
2. Pierce
3. Carmelo
4. Artest
5. Josh Smith
6. Marion

_Supreme_
10-05-2008, 02:47 PM
wow you're puting stats in this when you know that Marion gets spooned fed all the time? dude my stats would be great too if i had Nash giving it to me for open look too? :rolleyes:

So did Nash make him block all those shots, get him all those rebounds, make him not turn the ball over, get those steals for him and hit his free throws for him?

Sure Nash was responsible for a certain part of his offense, although this tends to get exaggerated too, but at the same time Marion had to share the ball a lot more on that team than Iggy has had to on his team.

It's not like Marion suddenly became an offensive non-factor as soon as Nash left the floor you know. He can do plenty on his own, and I've seen him do it too throughout the years.

Basically, what we can conclude is that the only thing Iggy has on Marion besides his assists is creating his own shot, which by far is not what defines the quality of a basketball player by itself.

NYMetros
10-05-2008, 02:47 PM

You must have missed all of last season...

Big Quett
10-05-2008, 02:49 PM
So did Nash make him block all those shots, get him all those rebounds, make him not turn the ball over, get those steals for him and hit his free throws for him?

Sure Nash was responsible for a certain part of his offense, although this tends to get exaggerated too, but at the same time Marion had to share the ball a lot more on that team than Iggy has had to on his team.

It's not like Marion suddenly became an offensive non-factor as soon as Nash left the floor you know. He can do plenty on his own, and I've seen him do it too throughout the years.

Basically, what we can conclude is that the only thing Iggy has on Marion besides his assists is creating his own shot, which by far is not what defines the quality of a basketball player by itself.

He doesnt turn the ball over because he never has it in his hands if it is not a dunk or 3 point shot.He an excellent roll player that is all

goku
10-05-2008, 02:51 PM

how artest is a better defender and score than marion and get more stls:eyebrow:

JMan17
10-05-2008, 02:53 PM
so u would take all of them before a finals mvp in Pual Pierce. Ok lebron that is easy but the rest of? What has any of them every done or achieved besides lebron carrying his team to the finals

lol i forgot about paul pierce dude chill lol.

and nvm marion at 10 then

_Supreme_
10-05-2008, 02:53 PM
Marion is NOT top five no way.

If you are so sure about that then I'm sure you could explain why?

GCOOKIE7
10-05-2008, 02:54 PM
ya Marion isnt a top 5

_Supreme_
10-05-2008, 02:56 PM
He doesnt turn the ball over because he never has it in his hands if it is not a dunk or 3 point shot.

In other words: he is a very efficient player.

JMan17
10-05-2008, 02:57 PM

blocks no he was legit with that. rebounds not from nash but he was playing PF most of the time. so of course he was gonna get alot of boards dude.

Iggy has Delebert and Miller? Marion has Nash and Amare.

ok dude let me put it this way. Has Marion ever been a 1st option guy? no. Is iggy a 1st option guy, yes. Has marion even been a 2nd option? no. He would fit well with a team that has 2 other great players so he would be a great 3rd guy but for 2 or 1, not so much :pity:

29$JerZ
10-05-2008, 02:59 PM
LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Paul Pierce, Ron Artest, Josh Smith are the Top 5 IMO

Marion looks like a system player IMO

JMan17
10-05-2008, 02:59 PM
In other words: he is a very efficient player.

he never has the ball in his hands longer then 3 sec. he gets the ball passed to him, then he will either shoot when he's open, go for an all oop, or open lane, goes in for the slam.

JMan17
10-05-2008, 03:02 PM
LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Paul Pierce, Ron Artest, Josh Smith are the Top 5 IMO

Marion looks like a system player IMO

that's what i mean. he's just one of those guys that can fit well in a team that already has 2 great guys but will fit great as a 3rd or 4th option.

if he was you're 2nd or 1st option, u know ur team is screwed.

_Supreme_
10-05-2008, 03:10 PM
My top 5 right now would probably be:

- Lebron
- Pierce
- Marion
- Artest
- probably Melo

_Supreme_
10-05-2008, 03:12 PM
he never has the ball in his hands longer then 3 sec. he gets the ball passed to him, then he will either shoot when he's open, go for an all oop, or open lane, goes in for the slam.

And what is wrong with that?

Is he supposed to be a playmaker now?

RapsGuy23
10-05-2008, 03:15 PM
yes

_Supreme_
10-05-2008, 03:23 PM
Is iggy a 1st option guy, yes.

Did his team ever have another choice than to not make him the #1 option?

Being a #1 option on offense is nowhere near being a better overall player.

Judging everything in the game by what a player does on offensive is exactly what's so very wrong with the way so many of these present day fans think. Basketball is an allround game, not streetball style "who scores the most is the best".

JMan17
10-05-2008, 03:25 PM
And what is wrong with that?

Is he supposed to be a playmaker now?

yes! if player is being considered a top 5 or top 10, then yes you HAVE TO BE A PLAY MAKER of some sort. Not just getting the ball when you're open and getting some nice stats.

hdxstunts1
10-05-2008, 03:26 PM
NOpe. I'd say Lebron, Pierce, Artest, Prince, J.Howard, are all better.

With close metiions to top 5 would be Marion, Deng, Nocioni, T.Mac, C.Butler, G.Wallace, R.Jefferson.

JMan17
10-05-2008, 03:27 PM
Did his team ever have another choice than to not make him the #1 option?

Being a #1 option on offense is nowhere near being a better overall player.

Judging everything in the game by what a player does on offensive is exactly what's so very wrong with the way so many of these present day fans think. Basketball is an allround game, not streetball style "who scores the most is the best".

were talking about who is better overall not the style of basketball i already damn well know how it works. And Overall Iggy is better.

_Supreme_
10-05-2008, 03:27 PM
yes! if player is being considered a top 5 or top 10, then yes you HAVE TO BE A PLAY MAKER of some sort. Not just getting the ball when you're open and getting some nice stats.

Dude, after reading this post I have no other choice than to conclude you have no clue about the game of basketball whatsoever :(

This is pure and utter bs.

_Supreme_
10-05-2008, 03:29 PM
And Overall Iggy is better.

But yet there still is nothing to back that up except some more assists and points scored.

JMan17
10-05-2008, 03:29 PM
NOpe. I'd say Lebron, Pierce, Artest, Prince, J.Howard, are all better.

With close metiions to top 5 would be Marion, Deng, Nocioni, T.Mac, C.Butler, G.Wallace, R.Jefferson.

i forgot about butler and wallace holy sh** nevermind.

1. Lebron
2. Melo
3. Pierce
4. Artest
5. Smith
6. Iggy
7. Howard
8. Butler
9. Wallace
10. Deng
11. Marion

nvm Marion is 11 for me.

JMan17
10-05-2008, 03:32 PM
Dude, after reading this post I have no other choice than to conclude you have no clue about the game of basketball whatsoever :(

This is pure and utter bs.

then i have no choice then to say you are dead wrong. you have no clue about basketball at all.

Marion is a system player. not a guy you can trust at the last sec or depend on as you're 2nd or 1st option.

JMan17
10-05-2008, 03:33 PM
But yet there still is nothing to back that up except some more assists and points scored.

lol dude if you are putting stats into you're arguement then you have no clue AT ALL about basketball.

tbron
10-05-2008, 03:33 PM
tracy mcgrady isnt a small foward, he is a shooting gaurd, but too answer your question i think he is in there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T_mac

tbron
10-05-2008, 03:37 PM
where's melo?

well see that's why i asked the 4 i put i think are better than him for sure. however you could argue that melo and prince are better. btw, i'm looking at the whole career not just a few years.

_Supreme_
10-05-2008, 03:42 PM
1. Lebron
2. Melo
3. Pierce
4. Artest
5. Smith
6. Iggy
7. Howard
8. Butler
9. Wallace
10. Deng
11. Marion

Damn, look at that list full of playmakers!

Oh wait, Lebron James is the only one on there with real playmaking skills :rolleyes:

When Ricky Davis was the only one worth anything on that Minnesota team he had stats slightly less than Iggy had last year (3 points less, the same assists and a much better fg%).

That must mean Ricky Davis is an incredible player according to your logic, right?

First you say they have to be playmakers, and subsequently you put Artest and Smith at #4 and #5? Contradictions all around.

:laugh2:

tbron
10-05-2008, 03:43 PM
I think this Guy thinks Chris Paul is a SF!! LMAO.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Pierce

you have as much knowledge as the browns do super bowls. :)

_Supreme_
10-05-2008, 03:45 PM
lol dude if you are putting stats into you're arguement then you have no clue AT ALL about basketball.

That was a response to your claim that Iggy is, for example, a better rebounder.

Stats obviously do not show all, but they do show some things.

_Supreme_
10-05-2008, 03:48 PM
Marion is a system player. not a guy you can trust at the last sec or depend on as you're 2nd or 1st option.

And once again the only arguments you use involve offense. I haven't seen anything else but the repeating of the same few things

That is why I said what I said, thinking like that is fundamentally flawed and an insult to the allround game basketball happens to be.

I must also assume btw, that you don't think Marcus Camby is a top 10 center because all he does is rebound and block shots?

tbron
10-05-2008, 03:50 PM

ron is the only sf who can give you 20 points on one end and take away 20 on the other.

GSW_Soul
10-05-2008, 03:51 PM
I think the top 5 is:
1.Lebron
2.Pierce
3.Melo
4.Granger
5.Marion

Imo

_Supreme_
10-05-2008, 03:53 PM
ron is the only sf who can give you 20 points on one end and take away 20 on the other.

I agree, Ron Artest definitely is a top 5 small forward.

If he would have had a Grant Hill attitude along with his on-court skills he would be topped probably only by Lebron James.

HiphopRelated
10-05-2008, 06:20 PM
LOL @ somebody throwing in Prince

HiphopRelated
10-05-2008, 06:23 PM
i forgot about butler and wallace holy sh** nevermind.

1. Lebron-yes
2. Melo-yes
3. Pierce-meh..yes
4. Artest-same
5. Smith-no
6. Iggy-no
7. Howard-no
8. Butler-same
9. Wallace-no
10. Deng-no
11. Marion

nvm Marion is 11 for me.

rhino17
10-05-2008, 06:44 PM
Definitely not, he is vastly overrated. He is a versatile defender, not a great defender and an average offensive player

1) Lebron James
2) Paul Pierce
3) Carmelo Anthony
4) Ron Artest
5) Caron Butler

Hawkeye15
10-05-2008, 07:28 PM
Not for the upcoming season, but yeah, he has been. I would take
LeBron
Pierce
Melo
Butler
Granger
Gay

I would take them ahead of Shawn for the upcoming season, only because Shawn won't get the touches with Wade and Beasley that he needs to continue to produce high numbers

Big Quett
10-05-2008, 08:50 PM
Damn, look at that list full of playmakers!

Oh wait, Lebron James is the only one on there with real playmaking skills :rolleyes:

When Ricky Davis was the only one worth anything on that Minnesota team he had stats slightly less than Iggy had last year (3 points less, the same assists and a much better fg%).

That must mean Ricky Davis is an incredible player according to your logic, right?

First you say they have to be playmakers, and subsequently you put Artest and Smith at #4 and #5? Contradictions all around.

:laugh2:

1. Lebron
2. Melo
3. Pierce
4. Artest
5. Smith
6. Iggy
7. Howard
8. Butler
9. Wallace
10. Deng
11. Marion

nvm Marion is 11 for me.

actually most of these guys are playmakers.

Lebron ,Pierce ,Iggy , and Butler all averaged atleast 4.5 assists last year. And Pierce , Iggy and Butler were second on their teams in assist
I think that is called making their teammates better

JMan17
10-05-2008, 08:51 PM
Not for the upcoming season, but yeah, he has been. I would take
LeBron
Pierce
Melo
Butler
Granger
Gay

I would take them ahead of Shawn for the upcoming season, only because Shawn won't get the touches with Wade and Beasley that he needs to continue to produce high numbers

i forgot Gay too.

nvm marion is 12th for me

DaNtHeMaN628
10-05-2008, 09:12 PM
Yes he is.

Nets fan 93
10-05-2008, 09:15 PM
1 bron
2 paul
3 t mac
4 artest
5 ?
No melo?
T-Mac=SG

IMO

James
Pierce
Melo
Butler
Iggy

JayW_1023
10-05-2008, 09:15 PM
My top 10 three men is:

1. LeBron
2. Pierce
3. Butler
4. Artest
5. Melo
6. Iguodala
7. Howard
8. Jefferson
9. Wallace
10. Marion

Melo is so overrated...Butler, Pierce and Artest are better because they are better playmakers and defenders than Melo.

Hawthorne
10-05-2008, 09:20 PM
If Marion is not a top 5 sf in this league than i am gay.

Smith/Gay/Durant/ granger will all be better within the next couple of years with their growth and Marions Decline

odom and wallace are good 2 but
How many all star appearances do they have combined??

my list
lebron
melo
pierce
Marion
butler

(tmac would be there but he is a sg to me)

JayW_1023
10-05-2008, 09:35 PM
Caron Butler may well be the leagues most underrated player...he put up 20, 7 and 5 last year...and basically carried the Wiz when Gilbert Arenas was out. He can pass, rebound, defend and score. And he has toughness to boot.

His only knock is that he is injury prone and sometimes commits too many turnovers. When healthy he is one of the most solid players in the league. He has also proven he can be a triple double threat.

DQL
10-05-2008, 11:05 PM
top 5 for sure
1. Bron
2. Melo
3. Pierce
4. Josh Smith
5. Marion

People forgot how well he had played in Phoenix. He's only 30, still has 2-3 really good years. Plus this is his contract year. He will play even harder and better

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-05-2008, 11:28 PM
How is Melo not top 2... top 5 at that??

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-05-2008, 11:31 PM
haters.

heyman321
10-05-2008, 11:35 PM
haters.

The fact that the only thing he can do is score does not make him top 5. I can play better defense than he can (no I can't). But seriously, Melo is probably the worst of the Wade,Bosh, Lebron group. He used to be the second best of them. But now he is last. Bosh is a solid defender, rebounds, scores. Melo wouldn't touch defense with a 50 yard stick.

heyman321
10-05-2008, 11:36 PM
If Marion is not a top 5 sf in this league than i am gay.

Smith/Gay/Durant/ granger will all be better within the next couple of years with their growth and Marions Decline

odom and wallace are good 2 but
How many all star appearances do they have combined??

my list
lebron
melo
pierce
Marion
butler

(tmac would be there but he is a sg to me)

I guess you close to being gay then. Lebron, Butler, Pierce, Artest, Marion.

IversonIsKrazy
10-06-2008, 01:39 AM
well lets c. u got LeBron, Pierce, Melo ahead of him 4sure.
i dunno 'but butler, gay, artest and grangey.

1. LeBron James
2. Paul Pierce
3. Carmelo Anthony

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-08-2008, 03:18 AM
The fact that the only thing he can do is score does not make him top 5. I can play better defense than he can (no I can't). But seriously, Melo is probably the worst of the Wade,Bosh, Lebron group. He used to be the second best of them. But now he is last. Bosh is a solid defender, rebounds, scores. Melo wouldn't touch defense with a 50 yard stick.

CB4 averaged 1 more rebound then Melo... And Denver is a running team, and Melo is a swingman, so after missed shots, Melo releases, to get easy buckets down on the other end. Through all that, he still managed to grab 7.5boards.

Toronto is a half court team and all bosh could grab was 8? plz..

In that draft class Melo is third.

LeBron
Wade (he's got a ring)
Melo
Bosh

amare#1
10-08-2008, 03:54 AM
He would be close to the top 5. McGrady is a SG, not a SF. You didn't mention Caron Butler. I think the best small forwards in the league, in no particular order, consist of:
LeBron, Pierce, Melo, Butler, Deng, Josh Howard, Turkoglu, Gerald Wallace, Iguodala and of course Marion.

amare#1
10-08-2008, 03:56 AM
Caron Butler may well be the leagues most underrated player...he put up 20, 7 and 5 last year...and basically carried the Wiz when Gilbert Arenas was out. He can pass, rebound, defend and score. And he has toughness to boot.

His only knock is that he is injury prone and sometimes commits too many turnovers. When healthy he is one of the most solid players in the league. He has also proven he can be a triple double threat.

Completely agree. Caron's extremely underrated.

MassoDio
10-08-2008, 11:07 AM
Year Team G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
99-00 PHO 51 38 24.7 0.471 0.182 0.847 2.1 4.5 6.5 1.4 0.8 1.0 1.00 2.20 10.2
00-01 PHO 79 79 36.2 0.480 0.256 0.810 2.8 7.9 10.7 2.0 1.7 1.4 1.63 2.70 17.3
01-02 PHO 81 81 38.4 0.469 0.393 0.845 2.6 7.3 9.9 2.0 1.8 1.1 1.78 2.60 19.1
02-03 PHO 81 81 41.6 0.452 0.387 0.851 2.5 7.1 9.5 2.4 2.3 1.2 1.94 2.60 21.2
03-04 PHO 79 79 40.7 0.440 0.340 0.851 2.7 6.6 9.3 2.7 2.1 1.3 1.97 2.60 19.0

For those of you who think Marion is overrated because he is a "system guy" I would be curious to know how much you have actually WATCHED Marion play. Those stats I listed above are all WITHOUT Nash or D'Antoni. Those are stats with guys like Sam Cassel, and Stephon Marbury running the point. Those are stats with half court system guys like Scott Skiles as coach. Is Marion a top five sf now? No. He is probably top 7. But to say that he is overrated and a system guy is absurd, and it just shows that you haven't watched him all that closely, or you don't remember him pre-Nash. And in every one of those years I listed, except for his rookie year, he was the 2nd option on the team. He is slowing down now, and he isn't the best at creating his own shot. That is not the end all be all of deciding who is in the top five of any position outside of the guard positions. And to whoever said he played pf most or a lot of the time...you really haven't watched much of him. He only played pf for a year and a half. Every other year he played almost exclusively at the sf position.

And just to make things clear, I am not saying this because I like Shawn Marion. You can ask anyone in the Bulls forum, I live in Phoenix and can't stand the guy. I think he is a malcontent, and a cancer in the locker room. You would just have to either be blind, ignorant, or not have watched him play to say that he is overrated or a system guy. He absolutely played very well in D'Antoni's system and with Steve Nash, but that doesn't mean he wasn't a great player without him.

MAC10TIZZY
10-08-2008, 11:21 AM
where's melo?

where he belongs. na melo is good but dont think he is quite there yet. and true t- mac can play both, but he's kinda like rashard lewis he can play bigger but he is better at the smaller guard position. ...and i think for sure matrix belongs on the list , maybe at the one spot for how much heart he puts into every game

MAC10TIZZY
10-08-2008, 11:35 AM
dude, some of yalls comments are way too funny, who the f is paul? and forgive me for being foolish or not hip but who is iggy, lmao if i dont know him he is def not on the top 10 LMAO!!!!!!!!!GO MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Manos
10-08-2008, 12:13 PM
granger?? seriously?

:crazy:

robdesign13
10-08-2008, 12:18 PM
1. Lebron
2. Artest
3. Marion
4. Pierce
5. Melo
6. Jefferson
7. Howard
8. Smith
9. Igudala
10. Deng

Frank Costanza
10-08-2008, 12:37 PM
my top 5:
1. Lebron
2. Melo
3. Artest
5. Iggy
6. Josh Howard
7. Deng
8. Granger
9. Marion

i put marion at 9.

your on crack, deng grangerr igoudale over marion, youd take those fools over marion, guy never try to work front office, youll get canned b4 the first day