PDA

View Full Version : "The Raptors"

Lakersfan2483
10-05-2008, 06:14 AM
How do you all like the combination of Jermaine O'neal and Chris Bosh down low? How will the Raptors do this upcoming season? Should they make another move to bolster their backcourt? Thoughts...

Faneik
10-05-2008, 06:55 AM
How do you all like the combination of Jermaine O'neal and Chris Bosh down low? How will the Raptors do this upcoming season? Should they make another move to bolster their backcourt? Thoughts...

IDK, we'll have to wait and see.

stawka
10-05-2008, 07:11 AM
If healthy, that's a good front-court. They can match up at the C/PF positions against teams like the Lakers/Suns/Hornets and so on...

That's if healthy, if not - they'll be in the same position as any other team missing a key piece

Rapthug
10-05-2008, 07:48 AM
I agree....health is the big concern. From all reports, JO has looked great in camp. The wild card for the Raps is Bargnani. He's put on a lil size and has looked very good in camp as well. I know Bosh and JO are going to miss some time this year.....I'm hoping it will be in the 10 game range. An effective Bargs will really help mask any injuries and make the Raps a real threat in the East. If healthy, teams will have to pick their poison....double the bigs and die by the 3 or let CB4 and JO get theirs inside.

_Supreme_
10-05-2008, 07:55 AM
JO will get injured again sooner or later (probably sooner), miss a lot of games as usual, and it will cost the Raptors.

I've said it before, but Imo Toronto made a huge mistaken by trading for him.

torontosports10
10-05-2008, 08:37 AM
i dont think so at all.. the mistake would have been keeping tj ford and his ****** attitude. We will miss Rasho but word at camp is Bargs and Humphries are doing fantastic ( which shocked the hell outta me).

Its really 2 great sernios with JO.

1. He is healthy and plays great for the next 2 seasons and then is a FA.
2. He gets hurt and then becomes a 22 million expiring for the 2010 Free Agent class. Pretty sure some teams would give up ALOT for that or we could even keep it and then go after Free Agents agresively that year.

Could he get hurt? yes Was it a mistake? Not in the least

Tblaze
10-05-2008, 08:40 AM
Bosh and O'neal is too early to tell if they're gonna work out, I do think they lack depth at the pg, and an upgrade at sg/sf would bring them over the top.

But I think they made the right move, and think they will be better then next year.

$ NyC $
10-05-2008, 09:21 AM
If healthy i think they compliment each other very well. JO got that low post game while CB4 can also work the high post and mid range game. Just hope they stay healthy.

Wilson
10-05-2008, 09:42 AM
If JO is commited to playing close to the basket, then it will work very well with Bosh IMO. I've not been able to see a whole lot of Pacers games over here, but I've heard that he started floating away from the basket a bit over the past few years.

I think Bosh is very dangerous because he can play close to the basket, or float out to the free throw line extended.

EDIT: I didn't mean to just repeat the post above mine lol

IndyRealist
10-05-2008, 11:36 AM
As JO's injuries dragged on, he started to fall in love with his fadeaway jumper. If his knee and shoulder are healthy, he should be back in the post where he does ALOT of damage. Expect him to miss 15-20 games, hopefully midseason, and hopefully Bargnani isn't down at the same time.

I was a big fan of this trade for both teams. Toronto got rid of their problem child and picked up a low post banger to absorb punishment for Bosh. They could get Bosh a championship in the next two years and be in a better position to retain him, and they'll have JO's expiring $22M contract at the same time. Indiana got rid of the face of the team's declining years, got cap space, and got a replacement for their problem child, Jamaal Tinsley. Win-win, regardless of how either team plays.

Cavs_Fan24
10-05-2008, 11:53 AM
I cant consider Toronto a legit contender til they get a perimeter scorer, and by that i dont mean a guy that takes 3s, like Kapono, i mean a scorer that can slash, and score consistently. I think they'll still be a good team, but i think they need that guy to put them over the top.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
10-05-2008, 12:36 PM
i think they will make the playoffs

RuthlessRecordz
10-05-2008, 12:43 PM
I cant consider Toronto a legit contender til they get a perimeter scorer, and by that i dont mean a guy that takes 3s, like Kapono, i mean a scorer that can slash, and score consistently. I think they'll still be a good team, but i think they need that guy to put them over the top.

I agree with that to some point but raptors seem to be doing good. jo Just needs to stay healthy. Miss a few games here and there not a big deal. What I dont want to see happening is like a 20-30 day absent of games.
Bargniani and humps doing well at training camp, atleast from what I heard..

GO RAPTORS

I think the raptors will do something about there wing players during mid- season maybe another big trade is on the mind of B.C
we will never know
but im hoping to see them get passed the first round this season:clap:

_Sn1P3r_
10-05-2008, 12:51 PM
Healthy is the key word here. We were so bad at rebounding last year that Moon had to be the 2nd leading rebounder in our team. With JO who is more of a banger then Rasho, that could help us with our weaknesses from last year.

prash
10-05-2008, 01:18 PM
If the coach knows what he's doing the Raptors can win 50 games this season.

_Supreme_
10-05-2008, 01:50 PM
Could he get hurt? yes Was it a mistake? Not in the least

Since when did Ford have attitude problems? I've never seen any Raptors fan complain about that before.

And it's a mistake because we are talking about a player who is as much of a guarantee to get hurt as you can get around the NBA.

Toronto's goal clearly was to become a contender in the East now, not to get finacial space 2 years from now, and trying to reach that goal by trading away good pieces of the team for a broken down player who never had a winner's attitude in the first place is not the right way to do it in my humble opinion.

Jay_Dub
10-05-2008, 01:55 PM
Ford was a pouting little ***** pretty much since Calderon started playing at an all-star level last year. Remember Calderon going to Mitchell and giving up his starting spot to Ford? That was because Ford couldn't deal with coming off the bench. He ruined the team chemistry that the Raps were previously known for.

And all I have to say is Bosh, O'neal and Moon at the 5,4,3 is a pretty good defensive/rebounding team. No team is going to be able to get a shot off inside.

RapsGuy23
10-05-2008, 02:03 PM
Could be a very dangerous duo if JO is healthy. We need a proven back up pg though...I'm not too sure about Roko

DirkDiggler36
10-05-2008, 02:18 PM
I have heard too much speculation of late.. and can't bear hear anymore thoughts.. i just want to see what happens. 2007-2008 Season and 2009 Offseason have been big changers for many teams.. i just can't wait to see the how it plays out on the court.

SpaceCadet
10-05-2008, 02:32 PM
I see the Raps getting the 3 seed in the East

torontosports10
10-05-2008, 02:34 PM
Since when did Ford have attitude problems? I've never seen any Raptors fan complain about that before.

And it's a mistake because we are talking about a player who is as much of a guarantee to get hurt as you can get around the NBA.

Toronto's goal clearly was to become a contender in the East now, not to get finacial space 2 years from now, and trying to reach that goal by trading away good pieces of the team for a broken down player who never had a winner's attitude in the first place is not the right way to do it in my humble opinion.

When he came back from the injury and wasnt starting he was a *****. And obvisouley we want to be a contender in the east but thats why this deal is good both ways. He is not locked into a long contract so if he does suck and gets hurt its not a complete fail of a trade.

And they wernt really good pieces. They would have been both backups this season and well they choose Hibbert with the pick who i think will be bad in the nba.

The trade was well worth the risk

IndyRealist
10-05-2008, 02:59 PM
When he came back from the injury and wasnt starting he was a *****. And obvisouley we want to be a contender in the east but thats why this deal is good both ways. He is not locked into a long contract so if he does suck and gets hurt its not a complete fail of a trade.

And they wernt really good pieces. They would have been both backups this season and well they choose Hibbert with the pick who i think will be bad in the nba.

The trade was well worth the risk

They needed to get TJ Ford out of Toronto. Basically they traded their backup point, a draft pick, and a bunch of expiring contracts for JO, who expires in two years regardless. Not a bad deal. Though in truth Hibbert's a Georgetown center who would have been a draft pick a year earlier, so you can't discount him just yet, and the Pacers drafted for immediate defensive help, and Roy had four years of college. Just sayin'.

29$JerZ
10-05-2008, 03:06 PM
They are still a good SF away from being deadly

IversonIsKrazy
10-05-2008, 03:51 PM
if healthy, they'll get 3-5 seed in the east and go 2 semi's. but until they get a strong perimeter scorer, i cant consider them as a contender.

GSW_Soul
10-05-2008, 04:00 PM
They'll probably make the second round of the playoffs..

Goon.Weezy
10-05-2008, 04:37 PM
the thing that will put the Raptors over the top is Andrea Bargnani.....if he lives up to his potential we got a great 6th man...and if JO goes down..we got Bargs to take his place..and also Humps.....he has been amazin durin training camp

Talick
10-05-2008, 05:26 PM

VINCE CARTER :pity::cry:

Its redemption time for him in Toronto.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-05-2008, 05:49 PM

HE didnt have a bad attitude he was just making it hard for the raptors because he wanted to be the starter even though calderon is better

Thats when Ford started whining and made it worse for himself. Raps would be in the same place as they were last year if jermaine breaks down anyways

Raps18-19 Champ
10-05-2008, 05:52 PM

We need someone like LEBRON here

Raps18-19 Champ
10-05-2008, 05:54 PM
if Kapono could average 12-15 ppg, parker 12-15 ppg,moon 10-13ppg, and barg 12-15 ppg, even joey to get 5point or more every now and then.

They would have enough scoring at the wing position

if not then they could trade for someone like Barbosa,Tyrus T, ricky davis, kyle korver or even willie green as starting/backup sf/sg who could get atleast 12ppg or more.

heyman321
10-05-2008, 06:55 PM
Barbosa would be nice for the raps.

I see them winning the title.

In two years.

HoopsMachine
10-05-2008, 08:50 PM

Bosh can play that slashing role. Not only can he shoot but he is quicker than most 4's in the league and get to the hoop. With the personnel that they have now needing a Slashing wing player isn't as necessary.

S.J.Basketball
10-05-2008, 09:39 PM

Jermaine and Bosh should make them a top 3 team in the East this year. Having 2 big guys with that kind of talent is easily going to make them a better team. Oneal needed this. I think we're going to see a motivated Oneal this year who is going to work very well with Bosh.