PDA

View Full Version : Oden to appear in political ads for Obama

oldenpolynice
10-05-2008, 05:05 AM
Guess what? Oden filmed a series of commercials endorsing presidential candidate Barack Obama on Saturday. Looks like LeBron isn't the only one who knows how to get his political hustle on.

http://davissportsdeli.com/wordpress/greg-oden-watch-2008/

ARMIN12NBA
10-05-2008, 05:16 AM
Doesn't Lebron usually shy away from politics?

DamnGoat
10-05-2008, 05:22 AM
Well that does it for me....I wasn't sure about Obama before, but now since Greg Oden is endorsing him then I have no other choice but to vote for him.

It's funny that athletes and celebrities have such an influence on people when it comes to voting. Can nobody form an opinion for themselves anymore?

Raidaz4Life
10-05-2008, 08:23 AM
Well that does it for me....I wasn't sure about Obama before, but now since Greg Oden is endorsing him then I have no other choice but to vote for him.

It's funny that athletes and celebrities have such an influence on people when it comes to voting. Can nobody form an opinion for themselves anymore?

are you suggesting I don't vote for who Greg "I have yet to play a single game in the NBA yet somehow I'm a superstar" Oden tells me to???:speechless::speechless::speechless:

GregOden#1
10-05-2008, 09:47 AM
are you suggesting I don't vote for who Greg "I have yet to play a single game in the NBA yet somehow I'm a superstar" Oden tells me to???:speechless::speechless::speechless:

So if he had already played a game in the NBA you would vote for whoever he wanted you to?

Tblaze
10-05-2008, 09:52 AM

the only people calling him a (wannabe) superstar are people like you. He's never EVER said he was better then anyone in the league, he's a very humble guy. So take you're hatred to someone else like for example Beasley who actually said he could win the MVP. And if he truely believes Obama is the right guy for the country, why not support that belief? He has the personality and character to do so.

Raidaz4Life
10-05-2008, 10:20 AM
the only people calling him a (wannabe) superstar are people like you. He's never EVER said he was better then anyone in the league, he's a very humble guy. So take you're hatred to someone else like for example Beasley who actually said he could win the MVP. And if he truely believes Obama is the right guy for the country, why not support that belief? He has the personality and character to do so.

calm down, I knew blazers fans would jump all over me, I never said he said that. It was a joke. If Beasley came out and was supporting John McCain for President (I know it would never happen) I would say the same thing. My comment was not a personal attack on Greg Oden in any way shape or form I actually like the guy I'm just saying I don't vote for someone because someone famous wants me to.

I am really sorry if I offended any Oden fans in the writing of my comment, I am in no way suggesting Oden has attempted to overhype himself

Tblaze
10-05-2008, 11:39 AM
calm down, I knew blazers fans would jump all over me, I never said he said that. It was a joke. If Beasley came out and was supporting John McCain for President (I know it would never happen) I would say the same thing. My comment was not a personal attack on Greg Oden in any way shape or form I actually like the guy I'm just saying I don't vote for someone because someone famous wants me to.

I am really sorry if I offended any Oden fans in the writing of my comment, I am in no way suggesting Oden has attempted to overhype himself

Ok, in that case I can understand your comment. And I wouldn't vote for a certain candidate either because some famous guy tells me to, but that goes for prover nba stars too ;) not just the rookies.

Beno7500
10-05-2008, 12:33 PM
i hate him now

JOSETHEALLSTAR
10-05-2008, 12:39 PM
nice read

SwaggaIke
10-05-2008, 12:55 PM
Obama '08.

MiamiHeat
10-05-2008, 12:56 PM
He is going to scared all the white people away

oldenpolynice
10-05-2008, 03:41 PM

Lol. I doubt Oden's endorsement is going to win too many votes. I'm more concerned about how he's creating a potential distraction so close to the beginning of the season. Is he a political hype man? Or he is an NBA pro athlete?

SwaggaIke
10-05-2008, 03:47 PM
How is appearing in a political ad a distraction? People take trivial ******** to seriously. I don't mean this as an attack, but this has absolutely nothing to do w/ his status as a professional athlete. Nor will it distract him from his paid profession come game time.