PDA

View Full Version : All-star voting...

SAVAGE CLAW
10-04-2008, 09:00 PM
Mmm shouldnt the league make some decision about measuring the international voting in realtion to the countrys population┐

Something like a china vote values 10 times lower than a italian vote for example?

I mean.

Ming is a Lock via voting.

How about if this year we have Sun yue starting in the west and Yi in the east because some zillion chinese people votes them...?

Wilson
10-04-2008, 09:02 PM
I don't think it's much of an issue, Yi wasn't voted in last year.

barreleffact
10-04-2008, 09:04 PM
no. i do think fans should vote for the entire rosters tho. if its for entertainment and who we want to see, then let us vote everyone we want. if its such a big deal for coaches and staff to have a say, then let there be a 2nd game just for their selections

The Prodigy
10-04-2008, 09:16 PM
i think the coaches should pick the players they want. or at least the players besides the starting 5 of the people the world votes in

Iodine
10-04-2008, 09:23 PM
How about we just let an itailian vote be worth 100000000 american votes

MiamiHeat
10-04-2008, 09:28 PM
Kobe Bryant is as big as Yao in China

yinets1860
10-04-2008, 09:34 PM
I mean.

How about if this year we have Sun yue starting in the west and Yi in the east because some zillion chinese people votes them...?

why??no,they won't vote Sun,he is a rookie:smoking:

astrosmaniac
10-04-2008, 09:36 PM
i think the coaches should pick the players they want. or at least the players besides the starting 5 of the people the world votes in

thats what they do now...

Wilson
10-04-2008, 09:40 PM
thats what they do now...

I thought the top two voted players at each position made it, and then the coaches voted two players or something?

dannyking18
10-04-2008, 09:51 PM
can u make ur own predictions?

Wilson
10-04-2008, 09:53 PM
14 man roster=

WEST:

C-Yao ming
C-Andrew Bynum
Pf-Tim duncan
Pf-Amare Stoudamire
Pf-Al jefferson
Sf-Carmelo anthony
Sf-Tracy macgrady
Sf-Dirk nowitzki
Sg-Kobe bryant
Sg-Kevin martin
Sg-Allen Iverson
Pg-Chris Paul
Pg-Deron Williams
Pg-Steve nash/Baron Davis

EAST:

C-Dwight howard
C-Al Horford
Pf-Kevin Garnett
Pf-Chris bosh
Sf-Lebron james
Sf-Paul Pierce
Sf-Danny granger
Sf-Vince carter
Sg-Andre iguadola
Sg-Dwayne wade
Sg-Jason Richardson
Pg-Chauncey billups
Pg-Jose calderon/Jason Kid
Pg-Andre Miller

If you ask me this are the players who deserve to be all-stars 2008-09.even tho i havnt even seen them play this up coming season,but im making my own predictions can YOU..???

Kidd plays in the West now...

MiamiHeat
10-04-2008, 09:55 PM
14 man roster=

WEST:

C-Yao ming
C-Andrew Bynum
Pf-Tim duncan
Pf-Amare Stoudamire
Pf-Al jefferson
Sf-Carmelo anthony
Sf-Tracy macgrady
Sf-Dirk nowitzki
Sg-Kobe bryant
Sg-Kevin martin
Sg-Allen Iverson
Pg-Chris Paul
Pg-Deron Williams
Pg-Steve nash/Baron Davis

EAST:

C-Dwight howard
C-Al Horford
Pf-Kevin Garnett
Pf-Chris bosh
Sf-Lebron james
Sf-Paul Pierce
Sf-Danny granger
Sf-Vince carter
Sg-Andre iguadola
Sg-Dwayne wade
Sg-Jason Richardson
Pg-Chauncey billups
Pg-Jose calderon/Jason Kid
Pg-Andre Miller

can u make ur own predictions?

Dirk is a PF T-Mac is a SG
seriously??
wow one of worst list i seen

heyman321
10-04-2008, 10:11 PM
Mmm shouldnt the league make some decision about measuring the international voting in realtion to the countrys population┐

Something like a china vote values 10 times lower than a italian vote for example?

I mean.

Um no? Yao is a lock yes, but why shouldn't he be? He is a 20-10 guy and pretty damn good, barring injuries aside. He is a star in China and the reason is becasue he was China's first great athlete that went to the US. Since basketball is so big in China, it's no surprise they vote him in. Yi won't have the same attention, because frankly, he sucks. Neither will Sun Yue and is why Wang Zi Zi never got voted in. They suck. As someone else mentioned, Kobe Bryant and Lebron James are just as big as Yao in China. In fact, I'm pretty sure they will lead the all-star voting because the Chinese will vote for them.

SensandRaps
10-04-2008, 10:17 PM

if we did that bargnani would be starter :osomethin is not right their:rolleyes:

Beno7500
10-04-2008, 10:22 PM
no

bogdanrom
10-04-2008, 10:26 PM
The most popular jersey in China last year was Kobe's. And I think Yao's was like 7 or 8. It's not that big of a thing so far. Most of the rest of the world doesn't just vote for someone just because they're from the same country.

SAVAGE CLAW
10-04-2008, 11:01 PM
^ I would love for Nba.com to disclose how much percentage of the total votes that Dirk Get com form Germany, how much of Manu votes come from Argentia and how much of Parkers come from France.

Pau... i guess gets lets percentage of votes here in Spain that in the states,

because here we have a National Sport that is called ENVY THE STAR, HATE THE STAR.

Spanish people for some strange reason seems to Hate when another spanish person has success and inmediately starts to Bash and root against them.

Incredible but true, You would never believe how many spaniars go with Hamilton just to Bug Ferlando Alonso or go with Federer to Bug Nadal.... And pau is nodifferente there are a lot of Pua haters in Spain.

Crazy....

_Sn1P3r_
10-04-2008, 11:18 PM
if we did that bargnani would be starter :osomethin is not right their:rolleyes:

Lmao.

PhxGiant
10-04-2008, 11:21 PM
Didn't they take Yi off the ballot last year because he was almost a guarentee to be voted in??

Famous03
10-04-2008, 11:25 PM
I don't think it's much of an issue, Yi wasn't voted in last year.

Because he wasnt in the All Star voting List.

Nets fan 93
10-04-2008, 11:55 PM
LOL it would be awesome if Yi was voted in :D

tim
10-05-2008, 12:27 AM

good idea

:down: NOT!

Kyle N.
10-05-2008, 12:43 AM

I still don't think they'd vote for him.

theimortalone
10-05-2008, 12:46 AM
Kidd plays in the West now...

lol :)

theimortalone
10-05-2008, 12:50 AM
I hope to go Yi does not get voted in! Unless he proves himself.

Kyle N.
10-05-2008, 12:58 AM
I hope to go Yi does not get voted in! Unless he proves himself.

Don't count on it. If Yi gets voted in you might as well vote Kwame Brown in with him.

Kohaku
10-05-2008, 03:05 AM

I mean.

...Are you serious? Can you be any more discriminating than that?

Wilson
10-05-2008, 09:01 AM
The most popular jersey in China last year was Kobe's. And I think Yao's was like 7 or 8. It's not that big of a thing so far. Most of the rest of the world doesn't just vote for someone just because they're from the same country.

Well over here, Luol Deng get's hyped a lot, and he gets very over rated sometimes. If anything it pursuades me to vote against my countrymen :o

$ NyC $
10-05-2008, 09:17 AM
I think we should keep it the way it is. Not like it's become the All-International Star game. It's the way it's been. Who ever deserves it usually gets voted in.