PDA

View Full Version : Roster Changes Needed

Raupie
10-04-2008, 08:05 PM
Before the start of the season, we will need to make some sort of roster move. We can only only dress 12 players, and only put 2 players in the D-League. The odd man out would really have their development stunted and do the team no good.

So with that being said, what players can we move or should we move? I think Korver is a possibility. Possible trade him to a team under the cap for a first round pick. Also, I think it is possible we could release Fez and put Koufos in the D-League.

Something needs to be done though, the team needs a more precise plan for the future, thus effecting the present.

sportsnutzz
10-04-2008, 09:25 PM
Before the start of the season, we will need to make some sort of roster move. We can only only dress 12 players, and only put 2 players in the D-League. The odd man out would really have their development stunted and do the team no good.

So with that being said, what players can we move or should we move? I think Korver is a possibility. Possible trade him to a team under the cap for a first round pick. Also, I think it is possible we could release Fez and put Koufos in the D-League.

Something needs to be done though, the team needs a more precise plan for the future, thus effecting the present.

Why would we trade Korver?

Raupie
10-04-2008, 09:49 PM
I would think it would be an option because of having Miles and Almond on the team and Korver has trade value. Korver is a great shooter, which all teams can always use another shooter... plus he can opt out of his contract next year... which he probably will. If we keep Korver, that will take minutes away from Miles and Almond, who both need to prove themselves still. With Boozer and Okur able to opt out next season as well.... I can't see us paying to keep korver around. So if that change is coming, makes more sense to do it now where we can get something for him as well as give Miles and Almond a chance to prove themselves.

What I would like to see happen is for us to get some of the question marks for next season answered now so that we are in a better position to address those concerns. So Korver is a question mark for next season, lets address it now so that we are in better position to handle the other question marks when they come.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-04-2008, 09:52 PM
lol Korver isn't worth a first round pick.

jimbobjarree
10-05-2008, 07:13 AM
I think Korver is a really important part of our team.

Could we send Fess overseas for the season?

also we really need to dump Collins

Raupie
10-05-2008, 02:52 PM
I think we could get a first round pick out of Korver. That is what we gave for him. Also, he has the option of opting out next year, so he could provide some salary relief for a team.

I think Korver is an ok player, not worth what we are paying him though. And I don't think he fits into our long term plan. As far as the success we had once he came, I personally feel it was due to the change in mind set he gave the team about shooting. If you check out 3 point shot attempts before Korver and after Korver... there is a huge difference. He didn't really even shoot a high percentage last year, one of his worst years in a long time. What he did bring though was the attitude and mindset that shooting an open shot is ok. So I think that is what helped the team change it around. Not the actual play of Korver.

jimbobjarree
10-05-2008, 03:14 PM
and he spreads the defense just because he is on the floor, he doesnt have to be hot the D still has to pay him respect

BoltLakerPadre
10-05-2008, 05:01 PM
Why would we trade Korver?

Seriously, that guy is fairly perfect for your offense. Maybe not for your defense, but he's still a guy you want on your team.

utahjazzno12fan
10-05-2008, 09:22 PM
I would not trade Korver. He is a big part of the team. Look at how we did before and after the Korver trade. Look at trading Almond or Miles possibly. There is a logjam there, but Korver would not be playing over them if he were not better than them.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-05-2008, 11:36 PM
I think we could get a first round pick out of Korver. That is what we gave for him. Also, he has the option of opting out next year, so he could provide some salary relief for a team.

I think Korver is an ok player, not worth what we are paying him though. And I don't think he fits into our long term plan. As far as the success we had once he came, I personally feel it was due to the change in mind set he gave the team about shooting. If you check out 3 point shot attempts before Korver and after Korver... there is a huge difference. He didn't really even shoot a high percentage last year, one of his worst years in a long time. What he did bring though was the attitude and mindset that shooting an open shot is ok. So I think that is what helped the team change it around. Not the actual play of Korver.

But, just cuz you guys gave a 1st rounder... doesn't mean another team would. I agree with everything you said, he brought a different mindset to the team when he arrived in Utah, and that's why the team had so much success, not because Korver was playin good. I've watched Korver since his rookie season in Philly, and he can shoot the lights out, and I'd love his shooting in a Denver Nuggets uniform but, in reality that's all he's good at. 3-pointers and freethrows but, I don't want his lack of defense on a already poor defensive team.

futureman
10-06-2008, 10:29 AM
We have a deep team no trades.

THE_FLASH_21
10-06-2008, 06:52 PM
LOL KORVER IN NO WAY IS WORTH A 1ST ROUND PICK!!!!! he's a possible FA at the end of the year!!!

He's worth way too much to us then to any other team!

THE_FLASH_21
10-06-2008, 06:53 PM
But, just cuz you guys gave a 1st rounder... doesn't mean another team would. I agree with everything you said, he brought a different mindset to the team when he arrived in Utah, and that's why the team had so much success, not because Korver was playin good. I've watched Korver since his rookie season in Philly, and he can shoot the lights out, and I'd love his shooting in a Denver Nuggets uniform but, in reality that's all he's good at. 3-pointers and freethrows but, I don't want his lack of defense on a already poor defensive team.

Yupp!

Raupie
10-07-2008, 11:27 AM
What roster move do you guys suggest then for this season? With 15 players under contract, who is the odd man out? (12 Players max on game roster... 2 players max to d-league)

Also, who would be the odd man? Almond plays a position we don't need anymore active players at. I would like to see Koufous on the active roster, but who would sit? I don't think this is a good situation to be in, because if we sit any of our three young guys (almond, koufos, Fez)... their development will be slowed and will basically be a wasted year for them

So who sits?

jimbobjarree
10-07-2008, 12:59 PM
I can see either Jarron or Fess on the IR all season....hopefully Jarron

I dont think Koufos will go to the D league, so then that leaves it to Almond, and if Jarron is on the IR then Fess will be and should be used as a 3rd stringer....which means someone else will need to be on the IR with Jarron as I dont think anyone else is elligable for the D league....

I can see someone getting waivored before the start of the season

aaronseyeview
10-07-2008, 03:35 PM
The team is set. Fes will be the first to go. Sloan dislikes him.

futureman
10-07-2008, 03:47 PM
Collins and fess for cash or future second round picks

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-07-2008, 05:09 PM
Why don't you guys trade Mo Almond? Dudes an offensive machine... and he's just rotting on tha Jazz bench?

I'm sure some team could use him.

futureman
10-07-2008, 05:22 PM
because it's only his 2nd year and if we play him and he does well then korver and his contract are expendable. but with this deep of team i wouldn't make any trades.

THE_FLASH_21
10-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Why don't you guys trade Mo Almond? Dudes an offensive machine... and he's just rotting on tha Jazz bench?

I'm sure some team could use him.

Cuz he's our future with Deron...

sportsnutzz
10-08-2008, 02:28 AM
Unless Almond pulls something magic out of his butt (D) he won't ever been anything on this team. I agree he is worth more in trade at this point.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-08-2008, 03:13 AM
Cuz he's our future with Deron...

If he's the future... why don't you play him?

So when the future comes, He's developed, playing a whole quarter of basketball, won't be new to him. Coach is just wasting talent. IMO

jimbobjarree
10-08-2008, 07:25 AM
exactly what AI is doing to JR in Denver though....

THE_FLASH_21
10-08-2008, 12:28 PM
If he's the future... why don't you play him?

So when the future comes, He's developed, playing a whole quarter of basketball, won't be new to him. Coach is just wasting talent. IMO

I don't know why Sloan hasn't started him.... Remember how he never gave Deshawn Stevenson a chance...???

sportsnutzz
10-08-2008, 01:50 PM
I don't know why Sloan hasn't started him.... Remember how he never gave Deshawn Stevenson a chance...???

He didn't give Deshawn a chance? First of all yes he did, but Deshawn is an idiot, everyone got to caught up in his athletic ability. Same thing with Almond, you can't argue the fact he can score but at what cost? Almond can't play D to save his life. The Jazz need more D than anything, we don't really need anyone who can score. Why would we need another scorer? We had the best O in the league most of the year last year. What we need is players to play better D and at the same time foul less. Brewer is the future 2 here. He can score when needed but plays decent D. And should play even better D this year.

jimbobjarree
10-08-2008, 06:03 PM
just think of the possibility of Morris playing D....or even CJ.

I'm slightly anxious to see what they're like at the start of the season, if CJ comes out playiong D like Brewer did last season out of know where I think I might just go crazy, we'd be pretty set with D Will, CJ, Brewer, Millsap as the future core.

and Koufos, I've heard he's gunna be quite handy, another thing I'm looking forward to seeing.

THE_FLASH_21
10-08-2008, 06:17 PM
He didn't give Deshawn a chance? First of all yes he did, but Deshawn is an idiot, everyone got to caught up in his athletic ability. Same thing with Almond, you can't argue the fact he can score but at what cost? Almond can't play D to save his life. The Jazz need more D than anything, we don't really need anyone who can score. Why would we need another scorer? We had the best O in the league most of the year last year. What we need is players to play better D and at the same time foul less. Brewer is the future 2 here. He can score when needed but plays decent D. And should play even better D this year.

How did he get a chance??? He got traded so fast!!! And For Gordon Giracek. Look at what the Jazz would of had if he had more patience!!! Great "D" and a scorer!!!! Almond will get better on his "D".

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-08-2008, 07:08 PM
exactly what AI is doing to JR in Denver though....

You obviously don't watch any Nugget's games... JR is a consistant 6th man. He problley played more minutes in 1 game the Almond did all year.

AI's holdin JR back?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6SaYDkvlGo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh5ilUPLMco&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk38DkeBj1I&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkEkdOkTuxg&feature=related

Let me see you find some Morris Almond vids playin for the Jazz.

futureman
10-09-2008, 10:00 AM
How did he get a chance??? He got traded so fast!!! And For Gordon Giracek. Look at what the Jazz would of had if he had more patience!!! Great "D" and a scorer!!!! Almond will get better on his "D".

The guy was a basketcase and was always getting into trouble. Not really a type of guy the jazz would want on their team. I don't miss him at all or mo williams for that matter.

jimbobjarree
10-09-2008, 10:20 AM
You obviously don't watch any Nugget's games... JR is a consistant 6th man. He problley played more minutes in 1 game the Almond did all year.

AI's holdin JR back?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6SaYDkvlGo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh5ilUPLMco&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk38DkeBj1I&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkEkdOkTuxg&feature=related

Let me see you find some Morris Almond vids playin for the Jazz.

ahahah well now I know what type of fan you are, a homer and very defensive. They aren't my words, I went into some Tinsley thread when everyone thought he was going to the Nuggets, and some fans were annoyed at how AI is stunting JR growth as a player...which he is when you think about it, JR may have learned to play D by now if he started alongside Miller.

Almond should get his time, wether it be here or somewhere else we should find out at the end of this month...

Raupie
10-09-2008, 10:28 AM
At this point I think it is a good idea to keep Almond. he can be the replacement for Korver when he leaves next season. I would like to see them trade Korver this season to open up some time for Almond.

But I like how we have been handling our young players the last few years. Make them earn the playing time and not just give it to them. When they finally do start getting playing time, they are more ready and much tougher mentally.

I also think Fez will probably be cut or trade by the start of the season.