PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Bulls biggest problem...

dannyking18
10-04-2008, 03:06 PM
Bulls biggest problem is on there front court,bulls wont make it to the playoffs once again even with the addittion of D.Rose bulls wont make any changes from last season,and i'll tell you why.#1.Bulls donsn't have that presence in the middle,that big body who you can count on(center).#2.too many guards in there back court Hughes,Gordon,Hinrick and Rose and all this are verry great guards,plus they need too many touches.#3.Krik Hinrick needs to build leadership,IMO Hinrick should be there leader.#4.Bulls should start playing like how they did 2yrs ago,with that defense mentality if they want make it far this season.#5.Deng,Gordon,Hinrick need to step up there game a notch a big notch,along side with nocioni.#6.Bulls big men should be able to make a diffrence this season a major leap wich includes Gooden,Tyrus,Noah bulls will depend of there bigg men more than their guards this season,the whole nba is going big now in this days.those are just some pointers i wanted to let you guys know what should Bulls do or need have this season.if hey can manage to overcome this obstacles they should be one of the nba's deadlieast scoring team,and a great defensive team.

SwaggaIke
10-04-2008, 03:19 PM
The Bulls need to regain their swag, simple and plain. When they swept Miami in '07, they had a mindsight and an identity. They had no identity last year. Rose will need to step up to the plate early as a vocal leader. That's a lot to ask for from a young man, but that's what needs to happen.

phlp_bj
10-04-2008, 03:24 PM
I believe the Bulls biggest problem is their inability to find a go to guy or find a superstar. They had chances to land guys like Garnett, Kobe, Gasol, etc.. But they never grasped the situation and step up. Instead, they have a team full of mediocre guys that are not great. They are all OK guys. You need at least one GREAT player to get to the playoffs and possibly win it all.

23LBJCleBrowns
10-04-2008, 03:25 PM
Luol Deng is a superstar he is a great player. He is one of the best right now, Very underrated.

Hawkeye15
10-04-2008, 03:31 PM
Luol Deng is a superstar he is a great player. He is one of the best right now, Very underrated.

no, he isn't. He is a mid level star. The Bulls need Rose to blossom, they are not a threat currently. When they were really good a few years back, it was defensivley. They need to get that back, and hopefully for them Thomas or somebody, anyone, can become a capable low post scorer.

Famous03
10-04-2008, 03:50 PM

wtf, Deng isnt a Superstar, Hes not even an All star hes just a Good player. For some reason your always Overrating Players like you do for Lebron, Or you make them look like crap.

hdxstunts1
10-04-2008, 03:57 PM
You forgot about Thabo in the back court. HE is very underrated, he is the 2nd best overall gaurd on the team he just needs minutes to blossom into a starter for our team.

Beno7500
10-04-2008, 04:01 PM
they need a center

IndyRealist
10-04-2008, 04:17 PM
Unfortunately Thabo plays the same position as Deng, so unless they're going very, very small he's probably not going to get the playing time he deserves.

The Bulls biggest problem is that they went from having a team-first mentality to having a me-first mentality. Deng and Gordon both wanted expensive extensions that the Bulls could not afford, and their unhappiness translated onto the court. They pouted and threw temper tantrums, and ultimately cost Scott Skiles his job for something that wasn't his fault.

The Bulls will not do any better than last year because:
1) They have a first year coach with no experience. Del Negro doesn't have an offensive system, he doesn't have a defensive scheme. I'll bet money that they'll be running the same plays they did last year.
2) Gordon is still unhappy. He signed the qualifying offer he initially refused, and will be playing very selfishly in order to bloat his numbers, since he will be a free agent next year. If you think they'll stick him at the end of the bench, think again. This Bulls team has never been very high scoring, and if you give your 20ppg guy no minutes, they won't even be competitive.
3) The damage is done. Besides Derrick Rose, they're basically returning the same cast that lost faith in eachother last season. Basketball takes trust. Trust that if you give up the ball and get into position, that you'll get it back. Trust that if you leave your man to double then the weak side is going to rotate over. Trust that if you run full out on every fast break that you'll get rewarded.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
10-04-2008, 04:22 PM
i think they have a chance to make the playoffs

$ NyC $
10-04-2008, 04:28 PM
Even though Rose is a Chi-town native and a great pg, they just added an EXTRA guard when they could have gotten that low post scoring presence they need. They BEEN needing a low post presence and Beasley would have filled in that gap while being athletic/versatile enough to run with the Bulls.

RapsGuy23
10-04-2008, 04:32 PM
They have to work on building team chemistry. They have the pieces to be successful. Only time will tell...THEY HAVE A VERY YOUNG TEAM. I'm interested to see how Rose will do in his rookie campaign.

#1Mavericksfan
10-04-2008, 04:36 PM
They need a true center because Gooden and Noah aren't really centers...they have enuff guards they just need some more big guys.

bogdanrom
10-04-2008, 04:40 PM
I agree. They need a post presence. They have very good guards, and a good and developing player in Luol Deng. I actually think, contrary to many people's belief that he can become a top 5 SF.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-04-2008, 04:40 PM
first they need a Center, then... we can work from there.

IndyRealist
10-04-2008, 04:43 PM
They don't need a center per se, they need a post presence. Hoarace Grant played PF and they did just fine with Luc Longley at center.

SDBearsFan
10-04-2008, 04:44 PM
I believe the Bulls biggest problem is their inability to find a go to guy or find a superstar. They had chances to land guys like Garnett, Kobe, Gasol, etc.. But they never grasped the situation and step up. Instead, they have a team full of mediocre guys that are not great. They are all OK guys. You need at least one GREAT player to get to the playoffs and possibly win it all.

They never had a shot with Garnett, and never did with Kobe, either. Only way Kobe would come to Chicago was if he played with Deng; the Lakers refused to trade Kobe without getting Deng, therefore it didn't work. Gasol, again, they wanted Deng, and could never have traded ******** players like the Lakers did to get him, clearly one of the most horrendous trades in NBA history

Bulls09champs
10-04-2008, 04:47 PM
Unfortunately Thabo plays the same position as Deng, so unless they're going very, very small he's probably not going to get the playing time he deserves.

The Bulls biggest problem is that they went from having a team-first mentality to having a me-first mentality. Deng and Gordon both wanted expensive extensions that the Bulls could not afford, and their unhappiness translated onto the court. They pouted and threw temper tantrums, and ultimately cost Scott Skiles his job for something that wasn't his fault.

The Bulls will not do any better than last year because:
1) They have a first year coach with no experience. Del Negro doesn't have an offensive system, he doesn't have a defensive scheme. I'll bet money that they'll be running the same plays they did last year.
2) Gordon is still unhappy. He signed the qualifying offer he initially refused, and will be playing very selfishly in order to bloat his numbers, since he will be a free agent next year. If you think they'll stick him at the end of the bench, think again. This Bulls team has never been very high scoring, and if you give your 20ppg guy no minutes, they won't even be competitive.
3) The damage is done. Besides Derrick Rose, they're basically returning the same cast that lost faith in eachother last season. Basketball takes trust. Trust that if you give up the ball and get into position, that you'll get it back. Trust that if you leave your man to double then the weak side is going to rotate over. Trust that if you run full out on every fast break that you'll get rewarded.

Hold on.... the coach has alot to do with the success of his team, but in case you don't know... the reason they hired VDN is because he was a cheaper version Mike D'Antoni... which was their first choice. He has great player relationship skills, which is something skiles didn't have. This year will be an UPTEMPO year, (refer to the Phoenix Suns style)... yet with more defense.

In order to run, you must have great rebounders, if their guards can play lockdown Defense the shots won't be falling as easily, therefore they can get the rebound and push it.

AND ANOTHER THING.... Thabo Sefalosha is a SG/SF...but he plays more 2 than he does the 3. Thabo is probably the best on the ball defender behind Kirk Hinrich, and maybe tied with Nocioni for 2nd best on the team.

If we can package a few guards, maybe Noc, we can get a legit rebounding big man... and do some damage.

The plays WILL NOT be the same... there is a whole new coaching staff (Del Harris, Bernie Bickerstaff, Bob Ociepka) and 'togetherness' is the motto this year.

We just had ONE down year due to the Kobe rumors and contract issues... and Skiles just didn't get through to them because he never really had much of a good relationship with his players.... he ruled with an iron fist. He had to go because he couldn't get his players to mentally get back on track, and he refused to promote the development of Tyrus, Thabo, and Noah. We went to the 2nd round in 06/07.. and we will be flying under the radar this year.

$ NyC $
10-04-2008, 04:58 PM
Very true. The Bulls went 2 the 2nd Round and were considered to be top 4 in the East last season. They took out the Champs (Heat) and they took em out with Swag. Last year was just a off year and $h!t they got rewarded 4 it with a Derrick Rose. I'm lookin foward 2 seeing this team run this year.

cubulls
10-04-2008, 05:15 PM
They don't need a center per se, they need a post presence. Hoarace Grant played PF and they did just fine with Luc Longley at center.

Aaron Gray and Elton Brown are the answer.

KG2TB
10-04-2008, 05:22 PM
The Bulls biggest problem isn't a low post scoring threat at this point. If you're a championship contender that is important however the Bulls just need to get back in the playoffs. You also can't count out Drew Gooden who put up monster stats with the Bulls last year and he's now in a contract season. If you seen pictures of him he is even better shape and is more than capable of banging down low and hitting the mid range J. Tyrus Thomas is going to be a beast this season as well and they have Noah and Gray to compliment them.

The Bulls need their swagger back, they need an identity and I believe Del Negro is the guy to do it. He's a great communicator, knows what he wants and is demanding yet still more of a players coach than Skiles was. I don't know how you can say he doesn't have an offensive system or defensive scheme...how would anyone know that?? Maybe you're an NBA insider.

A big problem will be balancing the back court. IMO Thabo should get a lot of minutes this year at SG and SF. He can be a really good player if given minutes. Hughes needs to go plain and simple. He has no place on this team and no future with the Bulls. We need to work in Rose and Hinrich will be a great mentor to him as Kirk isn't selfish and is a very team first player. He also has busted his *** this offseason and from what I hear has that swagger back and I expect big things.

So it all comes down to team unity which Vinny Del Negro has already been working on and someone needs to step up as a leader. That's Deng's new role. He is committed to being more vocal. Rose will grow into that with time but not this year. Also, Kirk can be more of a 2nd captain this year which is more suitable to him. Between Deng, Kirk, Rose, and even Gooden the Bulls shouldn't have any leadership problems. If they get their swagger back and gel together and buy into the system, the Bulls can surprise a lot of people this year.

JordansBulls
10-04-2008, 05:50 PM
Bulls biggest problem is on there front court,bulls wont make it to the playoffs once again even with the addittion of D.Rose bulls wont make any changes from last season,and i'll tell you why.#1.Bulls donsn't have that presence in the middle,that big body who you can count on(center).#2.too many guards in there back court Hughes,Gordon,Hinrick and Rose and all this are verry great guards,plus they need too many touches.#3.Krik Hinrick needs to build leadership,IMO Hinrick should be there leader.#4.Bulls should start playing like how they did 2yrs ago,with that defense mentality if they want make it far this season.#5.Deng,Gordon,Hinrick need to step up there game a notch a big notch,along side with nocioni.#6.Bulls big men should be able to make a diffrence this season a major leap wich includes Gooden,Tyrus,Noah bulls will depend of there bigg men more than their guards this season,the whole nba is going big now in this days.those are just some pointers i wanted to let you guys know what should Bulls do or need have this season.if hey can manage to overcome this obstacles they should be one of the nba's deadlieast scoring team,and a great defensive team.

Bulls have no one that demands a double team and they are a jumpshooting team, that is the problem.

cubulls
10-04-2008, 07:27 PM
Bulls have no one that demands a double team and they are a jumpshooting team, that is the problem.

Thats not true...We have Ben ****ing Gordon! All the Gordon lovers will tell you that he draws the double team because he is super mega awesome!

JordansBulls
10-05-2008, 12:42 AM
Thats not true...We have Ben ****ing Gordon! All the Gordon lovers will tell you that he draws the double team because he is super mega awesome!

He became the easiest guy to read on our team.

zambo4president
10-05-2008, 01:30 AM
we need that powerful big man presence

cmellofan15
10-05-2008, 01:42 AM
If Luol Deng was a better driver he could be the guy they double team IMO

rico
10-05-2008, 02:39 AM
Aaron Gray and Elton Brown are the answer.

:rolleyes: hehe silly.

to narrow it down without going into too much detail in no order.

leadership
team unity
post prosence/big man
a star would help a lot.

Afridi786
10-05-2008, 03:08 AM
Bulls were overachievers last few years, all thanks to Skiles, now they have to depend on Rose to be a superstar to become a legit contender anytime soon.

Afridi786
10-05-2008, 03:09 AM

He's the only one who can score, thats y, all the other team has to do is shut him down, and we lose, plain and simple.

eugene
10-05-2008, 03:21 AM
they have too many guys with similar potential, they firstly need just to create a steady starting 5

NJrockPD
10-05-2008, 03:42 AM

no he isn't

arlubas
10-05-2008, 06:00 AM
wtf, Deng isnt a Superstar, Hes not even an All star hes just a Good player. For some reason your always Overrating Players like you do for Lebron, Or you make them look like crap.

Completely agreed on the Deng part. I don't understand however how can someone overrate Lebron. The guy is a beast and one of the best right now in the league so overrating him would have to be calling him GOAT or something.

JayW_1023
10-05-2008, 08:43 AM
The Bulls need someone who can score and defend in the post...Drew Gooden isn't always the most effective on the block, even though he has the skills he always seems to panic with the ball when they send a help defender at him.

$ NyC $
10-05-2008, 09:57 AM
Gooden is a solid PF. They need a solid center. I'm not just saying this cause I'm a Knick fan, but Eddy Curry's scoring presence would help.