PDA

View Full Version : Giants fan here...

Joe505
10-04-2008, 02:27 AM
Hey Baltimore Fans, My name is Joe, I'm a Giants fan. I recently heard that a good target for third base for the Giants would be Aubrey Huff. Since then I have looked at his numbers and have been very impressed. Someone told me that Huff would come cheap. So without even mentioning Lincecum, Cain or John Sanchez, what would it take to get him?

BigSix316
10-04-2008, 04:21 AM
I'm not sure the O's want to trade Huff, unless they are able to sign Mark Teixeira to play 1B.

Cause as of now, Kevin Millar isn't expected back. So Huff is probably the O's plan at 1B for 2009 right now.

As for what the O's would want in a trade. Their first choice would be a major-league ready SS. If not, they would probably want pitching prospects.

sleewizard
10-04-2008, 07:34 AM
Bumgarner or Alderson for sure.....
The deal that would work would be...Bumgarner and Villalona

chaos47
10-04-2008, 09:21 AM
how about barry bonds, no how about zito because he is exactly what the orioles need another overpriced average pitcher.

seriously they should probably keep him because he is not old and he did have a pretty good year. hopefully they don't center there offense around him though, because this could have been just a flukey year

Joe505
10-04-2008, 01:17 PM

Are you kidding?

theproof
10-04-2008, 05:29 PM
bumgarner or alderson for sure.....
The deal that would work would be...bumgarner and villalona

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Conor
10-04-2008, 07:35 PM

That's like the Giants proposing Randy Winn for Matt Wieters+Adam Jones....:laugh:

sleewizard
10-05-2008, 07:22 AM
Probably a little far fetched. But i would think Bumgarner would have to be in any deal.

Joba Rules!!
10-05-2008, 08:19 AM
Wait he is being serious?

LMAO

bigity b
10-05-2008, 10:45 AM
Huff had a career year and was close to the top of the AL league leaders in most offensive categories (HR's, RBI's, Total Bases, Doubles, OPS, etc). We wont just give him away for a prospect. We need MLB ready prospects and preferably infielders. I dont know the Giants farm system but I know the O's and McPhail will definately shop him around after getting rid of Tejada and Bedard last offseason (plus he makes $8 mil per and it would be great to get that off the books).

blb
10-06-2008, 03:56 PM
That's like the Giants proposing Randy Winn for Matt Wieters+Adam Jones....:laugh:

Not exactly.

Jones is a proven talent who had a solid rookie year in the majors and Wieters is by far the best hitting prospect in baseball.

Madison Bumgarner's 19 and hasn't pitched above A-ball. He's got a great fastball, which is why he's dominated so far, but he needs a lot of work on his breaking pitches. Angel Villalona's 18, hasn't played above A-ball and has absolutely horrible plate discipline at this point. The kid struck out 118 times and drew 18 walks. Ouch. These kids are very raw. Nowhere near as polished as Jones and Wieters and nowhere near big-league ready.

That said, it would be crazy for the Giants to give up even one of them (or Tim Alderson) for Aubrey Huff. Huff's 32, and while he may give the Giants the power bat they've been missing since Barry Bonds fell off the face of the planet, he doesn't figure into their future, especially since Villalona could project as a first baseman in the bigs.

Really, the O's and Giants aren't very good trade partners here. Neither team is anywhere near contention and the Giants have a good deal of very good prospects that should figure into their plans while Tim Lincecum, Matt Cain, Jonathan Sanchez and Fred Lewis are still around.

dodgersuck
10-08-2008, 08:42 PM
dude that was the worst trade proposal ever