PDA

View Full Version : How do you dunk on NBA 2K8 or 2K9?

Beno7500
10-04-2008, 01:32 AM
It wont let me dunk. How do you do it? This is my first time playing a 2K game.:confused:

PhxGiant
10-04-2008, 01:45 AM
Go to do a layup, but hold the turbo button.

DirkDiggler36
10-04-2008, 01:51 AM
I don't know how you can have a problem dunking.It's fairly easy. Only think you must be doing wrong is eaither you have a player mostly a small gaurd that can't dunk or you are too far away from the basket.

Just like in real life, you must be close enough. Make sure your player is curently moving not standing. You can only do it while standing is if you have a big man that can dunk under the basket. You must be under the basket. Make sure you have the "sprint button" held down. R2 on Ps3.. that's the version I have. Using the Iso Stick is usually better just press up when you are close enough. This is simulation Basketball.. you can't have a player throw it down when big guys like Camby or Yao or Shaq, are currently in good position near the basket. Make sure you have the iso stick,(right analog stick) held towards a position entire time while you are dunking. Usually if you just move it lightly the person does a layup, same thing with the shoot button, you have to hold it until you dunk, or else the player will do a layup.

Go to practice and try it. Brakeaways are probably the easiest time to dunk.

Let me know what the problem is. Also what console you have.

Beno7500
10-04-2008, 02:02 AM
I have PS3 and I had a fast break with Kobe and I went for the dunk (doing what you say) and i almost missed a ly up.

CaptainCool79
10-04-2008, 02:09 AM
HOW COULD YOU PLAY WITH KOBE?!?!:mad:

rico
10-04-2008, 02:57 AM
i answered this in the video games forum. on ps3 hit the x button er square sorry while holding turbo in the paiint. some players it depends on how well their dunk is (shouldnt be a problem with kobe).. also new feature in 2k9 is if you are in the dunk action and hit it again in a different direction you can change your shot in mid air to do a layup instead.

lavis
10-04-2008, 03:22 AM
Try different directions with the shot stick while holding turbo.

Beno7500
10-04-2008, 03:54 AM
I got it.