PDA

View Full Version : Rick Carlisle: 的知 looking for a few A-holes here"

JordansBulls
10-03-2008, 10:22 PM
Source: DallasBasketball (http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=602)

Rick Carlisle is still adjusting to the Mavs shade of blue. But he had no problem summarizing Wednesday痴 day at camp by working blue.

的知 looking for a few *******s here,鋳 said the coach.

Um. okaaaay. I値l attempt to summarize the day by keeping it a bit cleaner than that.

ABOUT THAT A-HOLE SEARCH: Carlisle was responding to another of those 鄭re-The-Mavs-Soft?鋳 questions. For days, he痴 used different words to describe what he痴 looking for there. 鼎ommitment.鋳 的ntensity.鋳 鄭ttitude.鋳 哲astiness.鋳

And here, he finally got down to it. He痴 looking for a few *******s.

Funny line but one that was topped by Star-Telegram NBA writer Jan Hubbard, who basically said he need look no further than the six a-hole sportswriters who were surrounding him.

Anyway, Carlisle indictated that Jerry Stackhouse and Josh Howard might be the sort of guys who can adapt to his philosophy the most immediately. And team-wise, he added that a good start to developing that would be 滴ating the opponent. Hating the opponent is a good start. Bird hated everybody.

:laugh:

JOSETHEALLSTAR
10-03-2008, 11:39 PM
sounds good

SwaggaIke
10-03-2008, 11:43 PM
I love Carlisle man. Dude is a hell of a coach. I'm willing to bet anything the Mavs are up there in the league's elite this year. And they won't flop in the playoffs. That's how much confidence I have in Carlisle's coaching ability and philosophy. You can't quote this entire paragraph.

AllTheWay
10-03-2008, 11:50 PM
Hahha

Iodine
10-03-2008, 11:53 PM
well
Jason Kidd beats his wife
Stackhouse calls out coaches
and JJ runs a drug empire

All they need is to sign travis henry

and allthegay needz to git awn aimz

blacknell
10-03-2008, 11:58 PM
yea we need sum thugs sign pacman

23LBJCleBrowns
10-04-2008, 12:20 AM
This makes the NBA fun. I love hearing about this kind of ****.

Beno7500
10-04-2008, 12:37 AM
This makes the NBA fun. I love hearing about this kind of ****.

yea. haha

#1Mavericksfan
10-04-2008, 12:42 AM
well
Jason Kidd beats his wife
Stackhouse calls out coaches
and JJ runs a drug empire

All they need is to sign travis henry

and allthegay needz to git awn aimz

Ok what does all this have to do with basketball?...I can tell you hate Jason Kidd because this is not the first time you said he "beats his wife" and that's getting old, I swear man the Mavericks and the Lakers get the most hate on this forum by far and they are 30 teams in the NBA but people wonna bash these 2 teams.

Iodine
10-04-2008, 12:54 AM
Yeah because beating your wife is a small issue

plus he said he wanted *******s so he gets *******s

and sorry for hating on dirk when I call him a top PF in the league who is much better than bosh and amare and hating on rick when I called the move an amazing choice

KH12
10-04-2008, 01:19 AM
I still wish the Bulls got Carlisle.

Durant is hype
10-04-2008, 11:47 AM

and sorry for hating on dirk when I call him a top PF in the league who is much better than bosh and amare and hating on rick when I called the move an amazing choice

Alright man but what does that have to do with the topic,try to stay on topic without bashing.

$ NyC $
10-04-2008, 11:58 AM
They should have made a move 4 Ron Artest. He would of helped. Maybe Kurt Thomas also.

We could still have used Kurt (the Knicks). Teach our guys a lil somethin bout toughness and defense.

AllTheWay
10-04-2008, 12:00 PM

pwnzord

NYMetros
10-04-2008, 12:02 PM
:laugh2:

_Sn1P3r_
10-04-2008, 02:39 PM
To stay on topic, I like him as a coach. He should be able to help Dallas' problems.

xanderyear
10-04-2008, 11:12 PM
They should have made a move 4 Ron Artest. He would of helped.

Yeah, good idea. I'm sure Carlisle has forgiven Ron Ron for calling him a bad coach.

I love Carlisle's coaching though. He had a rough time in Indiana, but he still pulled out pretty nicely, I mean, a 61 win season on the first year as head coach? Pretty good if you ask me.

cmellofan15
10-04-2008, 11:29 PM
I <3 Rick Carlisle and thats not gay at all..

blacknell
10-04-2008, 11:34 PM
coo

Famous03
10-04-2008, 11:42 PM
for some reason none of the NBA threads can ever say on topic.

ragee
10-04-2008, 11:48 PM
I love Carlisle man. Dude is a hell of a coach. I'm willing to bet anything the Mavs are up there in the league's elite this year. And they won't flop in the playoffs. That's how much confidence I have in Carlisle's coaching ability and philosophy. You can't quote this entire paragraph.

I hope so...

cmellofan15
10-04-2008, 11:50 PM
for some reason none of the NBA threads can ever say on topic.

Dude love is on topic!

arlubas
10-05-2008, 06:04 AM
Even though the style of basketball Carlisle plays with his teams isn't the most enjoyable one, the guy is playing to win and he gets there as the results have shown. I also loved the guy during his short commentary days, very enjoyable on the mic.

JayW_1023
10-05-2008, 08:50 AM
Carlisle will make them better than last year at least...but the Southwest is so loaded that it may not get better results than last year.