PDA

View Full Version : White vs Orange (Public Scrimmage)

JPHX
10-03-2008, 09:46 PM
First full look at your new guys as well as guys from last season. any thoughts?

amare#1
10-03-2008, 09:48 PM
I thought the standouts were Amundson, Tucker, Barnes, Dragic and Hill. Has anyone got a boxscore of the game or did anyone record stats? All I know is Hill finished with 17 points.

ManChild
10-03-2008, 09:57 PM
It was pretty good. Nice balance of defense and offense. I thought the offense would be absolutely boring but it was pretty entertaining. Shaq looks great, Nash looks like he hasn't missed a step, and Amare looks good in shades

1)Tucker looked great. He really is athletic and has crazy hops. His shot also looks much improved. I believe he will have a breakout year this year. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the future starting SG.

2)Diaw looked aggressive. That is a very good sign. Looks like his hot got a little better. I hope he keeps the look

3)Grant looks really good. Despite being 36, he still looks like a offensive threat. I am really excited when to comes to the 3 spot. It seems like Grant and Barnes will be switching from bench to starting. Gives us really good match up strategy. Barnes starts for 3 point shooting and rebounds. Grant starts for cutting and mid range game. The possibilities are endless

4)Our defense looked decent. We actually blocked the lane and made sure everyone worked for every point. Our defense created offense and that will be come very useful in the regular season. I expect to score 105-108 points per game. If not, then at least 100.

Overall very good. A little sloppy, but its still early and we should be executing well in the regular season. People and analysts are in for a very big surprise. If we win a championship, we could be the New York Giants of the NBA.

PhxGiant
10-03-2008, 10:03 PM
Players that impressed me, Dragic, Amundson, Tucker, RoLo, Barnes.

I just can't find a boxscore anywhere, that oop from Nash to Tucker was dope.

JPHX
10-03-2008, 10:11 PM
idk the exact score but i think both teams scored in the 30's with the orange team coming out on top by two. if that helps any lol. overall little sloppy but thats to be expected in training camp. first real game wednesday.

Rome
10-03-2008, 10:38 PM
Missed it :( Good to hear Tucker is doing good i really hope he gets a chance to play this year. Just about 4 more days bros :)

PhxGiant
10-03-2008, 10:57 PM
Missed it :( Good to hear Tucker is doing good i really hope he gets a chance to play this year. Just about 4 more days bros :)

Yeah Tucker can get some minutes if LB is going to be in Brazil with his family.

jphxsuns
10-03-2008, 11:48 PM
ay how did dragic do? i heard he did good but gimme some details please. hes mah man!

Rome
10-03-2008, 11:56 PM
Yeah Tucker can get some minutes if LB is going to be in Brazil with his family.

Depends how long he'll be there. Any time set to when he'll likely return?

amare#1
10-04-2008, 12:07 AM
^ During the scrimmage Kerr said that they've been keeping in contact via txt's but there is no set time on his return.

jphxsuns
10-04-2008, 01:50 AM
Goran Dragic's team defeated Steve Nash's team . lol

Beno7500
10-04-2008, 04:37 AM
link?

lavis
10-04-2008, 05:03 AM
All the benchwarmers shine in these kind of games on regular basis.. I wouldn't draw any conclusions.

stawka
10-04-2008, 05:50 AM
Goran Dragic's team defeated Steve Nash's team . lol

LMAO! That sounds really pathetic :p

I cant wait for the season to begin, not long to go now!!!

JackTheRipper
10-04-2008, 11:17 AM
The Nash/Tucker alley oop was the highlight of the game for sure. Tucker stole the game and looked great. Hit a couple (?) of deep threes which is very promising.

Everyone looked tired. A lot of jumpers were barely hitting the front of the rim, and free throw shooting was horrible. I think that's just because of the tough camp they had for once.

Like said, everyone played pretty sloppy with lots of turnovers. Again, fatigue and confusion with all the new systems can probably be credited for that.

Dragic looked nice on the break and was pretty fearless running into Shaq (and two other white Suns) to go to the line. He ended up with a fair number of assists too. At least 8 or so.

Good hustle from all the new guys, but especially Amundson. I didn't know what to expect out of him, but he was solidly aggressive and finished around the hoop well when the opportunity arose. Can be a decent bench guy for when Shaq/Stat have foul trouble or are injured.

Lopez looked the most frazzled out there than anyone, but with Shaq guarding you I can understand that. Neither of the bigs looked that great to me offensively, but they rotated and got rebounds which is all we need really.

If everyone can clean up the game, get these sets to become second nature, and knock down shots as we all know they can, the team is looking good. Now let's get Stat and LB back!

PhxGiant
10-04-2008, 01:32 PM
Depends how long he'll be there. Any time set to when he'll likely return?

I'm not sure, but when a player misses training camp while another player is there working hard you cant just hand him minutes because he's LB.

theimortalone
10-04-2008, 02:07 PM
Here is all the info about the white vs. orange game. (http://www.sunsblog.dreamhosters.com/?p=1739)

SpeedReed
10-04-2008, 03:05 PM
I'm not sure, but when a player misses training camp while another player is there working hard you cant just hand him minutes because he's LB.

what????
of course you can. LB is a proven NBA player. 6th man. possible starter.

I guess with that reasoning we should start Diaw over STAT?

I'd love for Alondo to crack the rotation. but he's definitely got to prove himself far beyond playing well in a scrimmage, and LB gone with a family crisis.

PhxSuns#1
10-04-2008, 03:57 PM
Yeah LB shouldn't lose his minutes because his mom is ill but i to hope tucker can get some minutes and i'm not talking about garbage minutes when we're winning by 15+ at the end of a game.

PhxGiant
10-04-2008, 04:11 PM
what????
of course you can. LB is a proven NBA player. 6th man. possible starter.

I guess with that reasoning we should start Diaw over STAT?

I'd love for Alondo to crack the rotation. but he's definitely got to prove himself far beyond playing well in a scrimmage, and LB gone with a family crisis.

LB is most likely a product of D'antoni's system (i hope not). But training camp is competition, and Tuck has the upper hand now because LB won't be in game shape and his mind isn't on basketball right now so this could allow Tucker to get some minutes.

Take it for face value i'm not talking about Diaw and STAT because that is just not even close at all. I'm talking about Tucker having an opportunity to get some minutes not starting over anyone.

JPHX
10-04-2008, 04:18 PM
i really hope that LB's situation is not as bad as it seems. not to be inconsiderate, but we need everyone at 110% if were gonna do it this year. hope he doesnt have a similar season to matt barnes where he totally disappears.

PhxGiant
10-04-2008, 04:23 PM
Before this turns into a "PhxGiant why are you hating? " thing I don't want anyone to think thats what i'm doing. I'm just pointing out that LB MENTALLY and physically won't be there 100%, and GREAT point JPHX i hope he doesn't have a Matt Barnes of last year season. But it looks like thats what we could be looking at here, and we know how fragile LB is mentally.

JPHX
10-04-2008, 11:15 PM
yeah well GET WELL SOON LB's MOM!!! WE'RE ALL PULLIN FOR YA.

btw, anyone going to the open practice sunday??

PhxGiant
10-04-2008, 11:22 PM
I'd love to go but chances are i won't be able to make it.

Rome
10-05-2008, 08:46 PM
On my way there now :) too sick

Rome
10-05-2008, 10:55 PM
It was a short practice but still had me amped. Almost got Barnes to sign my ball. Basketball that is ha

theimortalone
10-05-2008, 11:34 PM
It was a short practice but still had me amped. Almost got Barnes to sign my ball. Basketball that is ha

haha why didnt you get it signed bro?

Rome
10-06-2008, 01:48 AM
Fool was too busy. Ha it was dope though. They all looked kind of rusty though. Robin was makin his shots though. Struggled against Shaq.

Anyone else go?

king4day
10-06-2008, 08:30 AM
LB will not lose his spot but the transition will take time and I don't think he will get as many minutes right away. When you have Tucker who will know the new system and LB who hasn't touched it, you can't just plug LB in and hope he figures it out. It has to come gradually.

I had read LB's Mom is gravely ill. So if she does pass, this won't be one of those occasions where he'll be back a few days later and hell bent on winning. He's going to grieve and I could really see him gone for a couple of weeks.

I hope Amare is at least practicing because he needs it the most. If not, then I predict we'll get off to a frustratingly slow start (7-12 type deal).

I'm happy to hear some of the Guys looked good in scrimmage but even with Amundson, he's going to end up being like Pat Burke for us. Good talent, but not enough game time to show it.

Tucker might be the only one to get a real chance. Hill could get injured and we don't know if Barnes will recover from last seasons down year.

king4day
10-06-2008, 08:56 AM
[quote] The Orange team, led by Alando Tucker's 22 points, defeated the White squad, 59-57. The exhibition was the exclamation point on a successful week of camp, which concluded with one final morning workout on Saturday.[quote]

Here's the entire game...

mms://phxsuns.wmod.llnwd.net/a205/o2/scrimmage_081003_full.wmv

EDIT:
Not sure if it's just my system, but the audio/video seems off to me.