PDA

View Full Version : Paul Pierce says Boston ready to win another title

JordansBulls
10-03-2008, 06:32 PM
Source: Boston (http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2008/10/02/pierce_says_boston_ready_for_win_another_title/)

"We built a great chemistry last year," he said.

Now, after feeling what its like to win a championship, Pierce expects the Celtics to be a favorite to repeat.

"Once you get a taste of the success you want to do it again," he said. "The guys felt like that going into the summer after winning a championship. The guys are hungry for more."

bostncelts34
10-03-2008, 06:43 PM
right on.

ugadawgsfan17
10-03-2008, 06:45 PM
If they play the way they did last year...

cubulls
10-03-2008, 06:45 PM
Won't happen...The Lakers or Rockets will win it all IMO.

bostncelts34
10-03-2008, 06:48 PM
Won't happen...The Lakers or Rockets will win it all IMO.

quite possibly, but then again..is also quite possible for Boston to repeat.

IMO...Rockets havent proven much at all, especially any reason to think that they would stay healthy. And yes, id give the lakers just as much chance as boston IF AB17 lives up to his "hype" and can actually play more than 35 games ina season

MiamiHeat
10-03-2008, 06:56 PM
It won't happen

Dol-Fan
10-03-2008, 06:58 PM
Those three guys (save for Ray Allen, who is still damn good) are still in their prime, and with Rondo and Perkins improving there is no reason that they couldn't repeat.

Don't forget they have Scalabrine, that gives them a pretty good chance in itself :)

BoltLakerPadre
10-03-2008, 07:00 PM
Hungry for more? After all those years of waiting, and losing records, the Celtic's star player should be happy with one. There has been too much improvement amongst the top teams in the west, and even the teams that didn't improve or change much (Hornets) are still awesome.

snowmanr18
10-03-2008, 07:01 PM
well whats he supposed to say, that he doesnt expect them to win it all?

_Sn1P3r_
10-03-2008, 07:22 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if they won again. But I think a Western team will come out this time.

ShakeN'Bake
10-03-2008, 07:24 PM
I dont think we are the favorites but we are still a top contender.

SwaggaIke
10-03-2008, 07:30 PM
KG won't let them lose their focus. Nobody in the league starves as much as Garnett.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-03-2008, 07:41 PM
Yeah I don't think it will happen but, I wouldn't be mad if it did. Just as long as the Lakers don't, I don't really care who does.

Nets fan 93
10-03-2008, 08:05 PM
Who cares...?

Hawkeye15
10-03-2008, 08:09 PM
The Celtics have to be the favorites. They play in a weaker conference, have an easier road to the finals, and will not have to feel each other out in the playoffs this year. THe better teams in the west getting better are better for Boston, the west will beat each other up in the playoffs. Boston will be waiting for whatever team makes it out. And any team with KG leading them is not losing motivation or focus.

Hawkeye15
10-03-2008, 08:09 PM
Hungry for more? After all those years of waiting, and losing records, the Celtic's star player should be happy with one. There has been too much improvement amongst the top teams in the west, and even the teams that didn't improve or change much (Hornets) are still awesome.

Didnt' the Hornets get that pesky guy that destroyed your Lakers???

hyp21
10-03-2008, 08:15 PM
"not if we have anything to do with it"

Screwing-you-sincerely,

kobe bryant and the lakers

ARMIN12NBA
10-03-2008, 09:19 PM
The Celtics have to be the favorites. They play in a weaker conference, have an easier road to the finals, and will not have to feel each other out in the playoffs this year. THe better teams in the west getting better are better for Boston, the west will beat each other up in the playoffs. Boston will be waiting for whatever team makes it out. And any team with KG leading them is not losing motivation or focus.

That is why a KG led team with a record of 20-20 ended up floundering to a 12-30 finish... :rolleyes: KG's motivational tactics and "energy" are even more overrated than Andrew Bynum :cool:

SwaggaIke
10-03-2008, 09:24 PM
That is why a KG led team with a record of 20-20 ended up floundering to a 12-30 finish... :rolleyes: KG's motivational tactics and "energy" are even more overrated than Andrew Bynum :cool:

Who else was on that team might I ask.

ARMIN12NBA
10-03-2008, 09:31 PM
Who else was on that team might I ask.

Does it matter when they started off well (had a healthy season BTW) and KG supposedly never lets his team lose focus?

RapsGuy23
10-03-2008, 09:37 PM
I don't think they will win as many games as last year but I think they'll win top seed in the eastern conference. Championship is going to the lakers or hornets.

barreleffact
10-03-2008, 09:53 PM
Man he is also the guy who claims he's the best on the planet. for a guy who couldnt carry his team to the playoffs in the east to try to say he's better than a gyu who did in the west is unheard of. all nba players are cocky but he is a fool. granted his team does have a shot, but he needs a chill pill. i hope he pops a nut or destroys his knee or ankle because he speaks very blashemously far too often like he is god or something now. he wasnt even the best player on his team let alone the planet

amare#1
10-03-2008, 09:54 PM

Good point.

barreleffact
10-03-2008, 10:04 PM

well said but the east is getting tougher too. i think both sides will have longer series this time around as a whole...bostons road will be shorter than last year's most likely

Hawkeye15
10-03-2008, 10:11 PM

KG's intensity and focus are overrated? You my friend, don't know what basketball is. There is nobody in the NBA who wants to win more than Kevin Garnett. And the Bymum overrated thing is on a exponential plane, so don't even go there. When surrounded by talent, KG is unreal. Show me otherwise.

barreleffact
10-03-2008, 10:16 PM
KG's intensity and focus are overrated? You my friend, don't know what basketball is. There is nobody in the NBA who wants to win more than Kevin Garnett. And the Bymum overrated thing is on a exponential plane, so don't even go there. When surrounded by talent, KG is unreal. Show me otherwise.

so far KG has been surrounded by talent twice and only been to the finals with one. the first time he was MVP tho. even still he cant carry a team it seems w/o having at least 2 other capable players. as far as saying nobody wants to win more...thats a stretch. most analysts say kobe, we all know tracey's soft tail wants to win a lot, i mean there are a few that i would say at least equal KG. but u r right about his intensity tho. he is a junkie or sumthin. hes always cussin or bangin his head or screamin. i mean he's a freak

Hawkeye15
10-03-2008, 10:24 PM
so far KG has been surrounded by talent twice and only been to the finals with one. the first time he was MVP tho. even still he cant carry a team it seems w/o having at least 2 other capable players. as far as saying nobody wants to win more...thats a stretch. most analysts say kobe, we all know tracey's soft tail wants to win a lot, i mean there are a few that i would say at least equal KG. but u r right about his intensity tho. he is a junkie or sumthin. hes always cussin or bangin his head or screamin. i mean he's a freak

Even Jordan couldn't do it without help brother. KG is not the guy who will take over the 4th quarter, and score 22 in 12 minutes. But he is a machine, and keeps the entire defense focused, and all other stars he plays with follow his lead. NBA analysts don't know their feet from their hands, not really concerned with what they think outside a couple. There is a difference between saying you want to win, and losing destroying you inside. Kobe has that, I think, but he sure seems happy go lucky after choking. KG would never be that way. In my opinion, and it is just mine, there is nobody that wants to win more than Kevin Garnett.

THE_FLASH_21
10-03-2008, 10:49 PM
QUOTE ME ON THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOUSTON DOESN'T WIN! CRAP!!! THEY PROBABLY STILL CAN'T GET OUT OF THE FIRST ROUND!!!!!! to much credit to a team that hasn't proven ****!!!

barreleffact
10-03-2008, 10:53 PM
Even Jordan couldn't do it without help brother. KG is not the guy who will take over the 4th quarter, and score 22 in 12 minutes. But he is a machine, and keeps the entire defense focused, and all other stars he plays with follow his lead. NBA analysts don't know their feet from their hands, not really concerned with what they think outside a couple. There is a difference between saying you want to win, and losing destroying you inside. Kobe has that, I think, but he sure seems happy go lucky after choking. KG would never be that way. In my opinion, and it is just mine, there is nobody that wants to win more than Kevin Garnett.

i understand where you comin from, but KG lost a lot before he won. im pretty sure he didnt let it get to him all too much. Kobe should be happy. they could be another dynasty talent wise. i just hope he can add more chips because im gettin tired of everyone saying hes no jordan like he's a scrub or like he's really THAAAAAAAAT far away. i mean Jordan played w another player who is in teh 50 greatest of all time for all his rings. Kobe's 2nd man is the same guy who was dumped by a team.

Im really surprised tho that nobodies commented on the 1st post i had about Pierce's arrogance tho. does everyone agree or sumn? i just knew sum boston fanatic would say that pierce is right or somethin

barreleffact
10-03-2008, 10:55 PM
QUOTE ME ON THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOUSTON DOESN'T WIN! CRAP!!! THEY PROBABLY STILL CAN'T GET OUT OF THE FIRST ROUND!!!!!! to much credit to a team that hasn't proven ****!!!

i been thinkin that. im not a mcgrady hater but i would laugh incredibly if he never gets out of the first round. this squad could do it but tracey and yao have to stay healthy otherwise they might as well call it artest's squad

Iodine
10-03-2008, 10:56 PM
In other surprising news

did you know everybody poops

Beno7500
10-03-2008, 11:03 PM
It won't happen

Hawkeye15
10-03-2008, 11:07 PM
i understand where you comin from, but KG lost a lot before he won. im pretty sure he didnt let it get to him all too much. Kobe should be happy. they could be another dynasty talent wise. i just hope he can add more chips because im gettin tired of everyone saying hes no jordan like he's a scrub or like he's really THAAAAAAAAT far away. i mean Jordan played w another player who is in teh 50 greatest of all time for all his rings. Kobe's 2nd man is the same guy who was dumped by a team.

Im really surprised tho that nobodies commented on the 1st post i had about Pierce's arrogance tho. does everyone agree or sumn? i just knew sum boston fanatic would say that pierce is right or somethin

Pierce is arrogant. He picked it up a year ago.
Kobe is not in the same realm of Michael Jordan. He just isn't. But nobody is, so its not a horrible thing. I have stated on every board that involved it here, that Scottie Pippen is not a top 50 player ever. Kobe did play with Shaq when he got those rings, who is a top 15 player ever, at least. If Kobe can win 3 more as the clear cut best player on his team, I will admit he is in the conversation. Respectfully though, you can't convince me KB is anywhere near MJ.

Iodine
10-03-2008, 11:11 PM
but if everyone on PSD says kobe>ghandi>hitler>any non lakers player it has to be true right?

Hawkeye15
10-03-2008, 11:13 PM
but if everyone on PSD says kobe>ghandi>hitler>any non lakers player it has to be true right?

you're strange

Iodine
10-03-2008, 11:13 PM
you know you love me

barreleffact
10-03-2008, 11:18 PM
Kobe is not in the same realm of Michael Jordan. He just isn't. But nobody is, so its not a horrible thing. I have stated on every board that involved it here, that Scottie Pippen is not a top 50 player ever. Kobe did play with Shaq when he got those rings, who is a top 15 player ever, at least. If Kobe can win 3 more as the clear cut best player on his team, I will admit he is in the conversation. Respectfully though, you can't convince me KB is anywhere near MJ.

much agreed. cant argue against that. lets just hope he gets 2 more and then swings lebron for 4 more. lol

still1ballin
10-03-2008, 11:23 PM
In other surprising news

did you know everybody poops

NO WAY!!!:speechless:

JOSETHEALLSTAR
10-03-2008, 11:37 PM
wont happen the rockets will win this year.

23LBJCleBrowns
10-03-2008, 11:47 PM
Cavs will win it this year.

Iodine
10-03-2008, 11:48 PM
....And my **** is bigger than mandingo's

yojoe792
10-04-2008, 12:04 AM
Thanks for the info......?

LAKERS 24/7
10-04-2008, 01:38 AM

which is exactly what people (including me) were saying about boston every step of the way until they blew us out in game 6 of the NBA finals.

LA412
10-04-2008, 01:49 AM
uh i doubt it

SwaggaIke
10-04-2008, 01:52 AM

Do you know how many times KG CRIED publicly just because he was so tired of losing in Minnesota? I KILLS that man to lose. It pains him so much to lose that he CRIED multiple times in interviews as a T'Wolve. Kobe may want to win bad, but not as bad as KG. The man has sacrificed the dollars to win on multiple occasions. Not once has Kobe ever trimmed down the bucks to get greatness around him. He just happened to luck up on having a great relationship w/ Jerry West. KG has a BURNING DESIRE to win that shines brighter than any other player in the league. To question his will to win, focus and desire is unheard of. Nobody wants it more than Kevin.

Lakersfan2483
10-04-2008, 01:59 AM
I think the Celtics have to be the favorites because they won it all last year, but I am picking the Cavs to beat them this year. I think the addition of M. Williams will be enough to upset the Celtics. As far as Pierce is concerned, I am glad he wants to win another title, it won't happen though.. Lebron will be ready for them next season.

Out west, I have LA representing the Western Conference. Kobe and Co. will be tough for any team to beat, especially with Bynum.

ARMIN12NBA
10-04-2008, 02:02 AM
Do you know how many times KG CRIED publicly just because he was so tired of losing in Minnesota? I KILLS that man to lose. It pains him so much to lose that he CRIED multiple times in interviews as a T'Wolve. Kobe may want to win bad, but not as bad as KG. The man has sacrificed the dollars to win on multiple occasions. Not once has Kobe ever trimmed down the bucks to get greatness around him. He just happened to luck up on having a great relationship w/ Jerry West. KG has a BURNING DESIRE to win that shines brighter than any other player in the league. To question his will to win, focus and desire is unheard of. Nobody wants it more than Kevin.

LOL at this entire misinformed post.

KG cried publicly....Kobe Bryant cried when the Lakers lost this year as well as when they lost in 2003 and 2004 playoffs and the 2006 playoffs...If you don't believe me then just look up Kobe and Fisher cry on YouTube. They are seriously bawling because they lost in the playoffs and people like you make fun of him...yet when KG does it, he wants to win so bad. Hmmm.

KG sacrificed dollars?!?!?!? Do you realize the whole knock on KG is that he does NOT trim down the bucks. KG is being paid 24 million dollars...while Kobe is being paid 19 million dollars (not even top SG being paid...). Why? Kobe back-loaded his contract so the Lakers could add new talent quicker. KG? He had max money for almost every year of his contract, which made it impossible to help his team.

You actually have it backwards buddy. Kobe took less money while KG was taking the max all the way.

Lakersfan2483
10-04-2008, 02:02 AM

Scottie Pippen is clearly a top 50 player, it's not even an argument. Name a better perimeter defender than Pippen in his prime. Pippen used to run the offense, anchor the defense, lead the team in assists, stls., and provided clutch play. Scottie Pippen is definitely in the top 50 all time. He's in the top 30 or so. Look at Pippen's numbers and his impact on the game, esp. on defense. Phil Jackson once called Pippen, the best defender he has ever coached.

kobe24>jordan23
10-04-2008, 02:19 AM
the lakers are favored

cahawk
10-04-2008, 03:07 AM
Celtics should repeat. Laker's have the most talent in the NBA but won't win.
Alot of media hype out of Media hub LA but Boston repeats.

Interesting point that kobe never cut his salary, I remember thinking that when kobe was screaming for better players, why didn't he?

lakersfan211
10-04-2008, 05:37 AM
they have a good chance but i will be a homer and say the lake show will win it

SDBearsFan
10-04-2008, 06:13 AM
For the sake of it, Paul Pierce can suck a fatty.
Injuries will take their toll on Boston. I think out of the west it's L.A., and out of the East it's..well..who cares, because the Lakers with Bynum are unstoppable.

SDBearsFan
10-04-2008, 06:13 AM
Go Bulls.

Faneik
10-04-2008, 07:14 AM
Those three guys (save for Ray Allen, who is still damn good) are still in their prime, and with Rondo and Perkins improving there is no reason that they couldn't repeat.

Don't forget they have Scalabrine, that gives them a pretty good chance in itself :)

You made my day!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

JayW_1023
10-04-2008, 09:59 AM
Brian Scalabrine should be promoted as the new Celtics mascot. The green jersey, the red hair...he is perfect.

DQL
10-04-2008, 01:15 PM
that's what Heat players said after championship year lol. Hopefully the Celtics won't fall that far

23LBJCleBrowns
10-04-2008, 01:27 PM
Scalabrine is going to start this year and average like .4 points a game.

Hawkeye15
10-04-2008, 01:33 PM

:clap:

Hawkeye15
10-04-2008, 01:36 PM
Scottie Pippen is clearly a top 50 player, it's not even an argument. Name a better perimeter defender than Pippen in his prime. Pippen used to run the offense, anchor the defense, lead the team in assists, stls., and provided clutch play. Scottie Pippen is definitely in the top 50 all time. He's in the top 30 or so. Look at Pippen's numbers and his impact on the game, esp. on defense. Phil Jackson once called Pippen, the best defender he has ever coached.

I humbly disagree that Pippen is a top 50 player. Phil Jackson constantly refers to his players as the best ever at something. Pippen was a versatile defender, no doubt. But he was never an offensive machine. His numbers reflect an all star career for a few years, and I think he was a great player. Not top 50 though. My opinion. And anyways, he is nowhere near where Shaq would be listed. That was part of my point. Kobe was the Pippen in those years he won it, lets see if he can be the man on his team and win 3 more

cmellofan15
10-04-2008, 04:52 PM
I humbly disagree that Pippen is a top 50 player. Phil Jackson constantly refers to his players as the best ever at something. Pippen was a versatile defender, no doubt. But he was never an offensive machine. His numbers reflect an all star career for a few years, and I think he was a great player. Not top 50 though. My opinion. And anyways, he is nowhere near where Shaq would be listed. That was part of my point. Kobe was the Pippen in those years he won it, lets see if he can be the man on his team and win 3 more

He's not top 50??????

Are you :censored:ing CRAZY!?!

JordansBulls
10-04-2008, 05:48 PM

Pippen is a top 25-30 player all time. Come on man, I know he was the 2nd best on the team, but it wasn't like he wasn't doing anything. He emerged as a star playing with MJ and it took him some years, but once he became one, he was pretty darn good.

Hawkeye15
10-04-2008, 06:34 PM
Pippen is a top 25-30 player all time. Come on man, I know he was the 2nd best on the team, but it wasn't like he wasn't doing anything. He emerged as a star playing with MJ and it took him some years, but once he became one, he was pretty darn good.

He was pretty darn good. He isn't a top 50 player in my opinion. So what? Top 50 ever is a very, very hard thing to accomplish and earn. There are a few on that list that need to be removed. And a few players that need to go on it. Hey, there are some second best players in that list. Stockton is in there, McHale is in there. I think he is one of the more versatile players ever, I just don't think he was good enough offensivley to be in it. My opinion. I would expect a lot of people to disagree with me on this, it is a valid argument that he belongs.

GSW_Soul
10-04-2008, 08:32 PM
They can if they play the same as they played last season but I doubt it...

KBfrom8to24
10-04-2008, 08:43 PM

Im really surprised tho that nobodies commented on the 1st post i had about Pierce's arrogance tho. does everyone agree or sumn? i just knew sum boston fanatic would say that pierce is right or somethin I agree with you 100%, KG's competitive drive is not the same as Kobe. Because KG has long been sourrounded with talents in Minnesota, but he always failed carrying his team to the finals. Yes, they won the title last year because of two obvious reasons: 1. Kobe's teammates vanished and didn't know what to do in the finals. Even MJ could not win that title alone. 2. It's really obvious that Celtics got a lot of help from the referees. WTF, Leon powe awarded more free throws than the entire lakers team. It's really hard to defend when you are confused that refs are always blowing their whistles againts you.

Iodine
10-04-2008, 08:48 PM
KG's surrounding talent comprised of a total of
Rookie randy foye
Sam cassel
Sprewell
and occaisionaly gods pity

Fayzon10
10-04-2008, 09:16 PM
Paul Pierce also said that he is the best player in the NBA, so he's so hyped up he'll say anything... Even Boston fans don't think he's the best player in the game..

JayW_1023
10-04-2008, 10:40 PM
When Jordan was sucking at baseball, Pippen made sure the Bulls hardly missed a beat. He is definately top 25. Bar none.

ratatat
10-04-2008, 10:57 PM
what a douche bag

Hawkeye15
10-04-2008, 10:59 PM
I agree with you 100%, KG's competitive drive is not the same as Kobe. Because KG has long been sourrounded with talents in Minnesota, but he always failed carrying his team to the finals. Yes, they won the title last year because of two obvious reasons: 1. Kobe's teammates vanished and didn't know what to do in the finals. Even MJ could not win that title alone. 2. It's really obvious that Celtics got a lot of help from the referees. WTF, Leon powe awarded more free throws than the entire lakers team. It's really hard to defend when you are confused that refs are always blowing their whistles againts you.

what talent are you referring to there big boy? And you bringing up MJ and Kobe in the same sentence makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

cmellofan15
10-05-2008, 02:00 AM
^ What's your beef w/ Kobe? He's one of the best SG's of all time so that comparison gets thrown around alot.

vigilantex69
10-05-2008, 02:05 AM
Boooooooo you suck Paul Pierce!

Hawkeye15
10-05-2008, 02:28 AM
^ What's your beef w/ Kobe? He's one of the best SG's of all time so that comparison gets thrown around alot.

My beef is, he is not comparable to MJ, and I don't want to hear it anymore. Period. He is one of the better SG's of all time. That is not the point. He has played his entire career with more help than most players will ever get, was second banana on his 3 rings, and demanded a trade a year ago, and called out his 19 year old center for being worthless. I think he deserved MVP the year he went for 35-5-5, but not last season. I am just not into the hype. When he wins a few rings as the best player on his team, then I will buy into the he is a top 10 player ever.

ARMIN12NBA
10-05-2008, 04:01 AM
My beef is, he is not comparable to MJ, and I don't want to hear it anymore. Period. He is one of the better SG's of all time. That is not the point. He has played his entire career with more help than most players will ever get, was second banana on his 3 rings, and demanded a trade a year ago, and called out his 19 year old center for being worthless. I think he deserved MVP the year he went for 35-5-5, but not last season. I am just not into the hype. When he wins a few rings as the best player on his team, then I will buy into the he is a top 10 player ever.

Magic Johnson had more help than anyone will ever get ALL TIME (BTW--I love Magic...just trying to make a point), but you and others don't discredit him for that.

Why Kobe then?

Lets be real. It isn't about the talent that has surrounded him or that he is over-hyped (which he is not...at all). People like you simply hate the guy because of his polarizing figure. His basketball skill set is extremely comparable to MJ. Period. There is no doubt. MJ is still better, but Kobe's talent along with accomplishments makes him the second best SG of all time. He isn't overrated by the media like you may think. All summer I heard on ESPN about how Kobe is a choker or how he isn't comparable to MJ yet people like you still seem to put the hype tag on Kobe. If anything the guy hasn't gotten enough credit for what he has done.

BTW--The most talent surrounding him? LOL. Shaq and who else from that team (Horry, Fisher, Brian Shaw....)? The Bulls constantly had way more depth and talent than any of those Laker teams. The 80's Lakers had more talent and depth on their teams. Who else? The great Kwame Brown and Smush Parker. And don't tell me Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom. Those guys were considered perennial losers before this year came along. Not to mention that Bryant had to average 32 PPG/ 7 RPG/6 APG and 50% shooting for the Lakers to get to the Finals, only to have his team shoot an all playoffs low for them of 34% three point shooting, which made it impossible for the Lakers to run their offense...

Lakersfan2483
10-05-2008, 05:06 AM
He was pretty darn good. He isn't a top 50 player in my opinion. So what? Top 50 ever is a very, very hard thing to accomplish and earn. There are a few on that list that need to be removed. And a few players that need to go on it. Hey, there are some second best players in that list. Stockton is in there, McHale is in there. I think he is one of the more versatile players ever, I just don't think he was good enough offensivley to be in it. My opinion. I would expect a lot of people to disagree with me on this, it is a valid argument that he belongs.

You can't name 50 players better than Scottie. Pippen is top 50, he has the stats, titles, and the overall play to prove it. His numbers don't tell the whole story, he was a great player.

Lakersfan2483
10-05-2008, 05:07 AM
Magic Johnson had more help than anyone will ever get ALL TIME (BTW--I love Magic...just trying to make a point), but you and others don't discredit him for that.

Why Kobe then?

Lets be real. It isn't about the talent that has surrounded him or that he is over-hyped (which he is not...at all). People like you simply hate the guy because of his polarizing figure. His basketball skill set is extremely comparable to MJ. Period. There is no doubt. MJ is still better, but Kobe's talent along with accomplishments makes him the second best SG of all time. He isn't overrated by the media like you may think. All summer I heard on ESPN about how Kobe is a choker or how he isn't comparable to MJ yet people like you still seem to put the hype tag on Kobe. If anything the guy hasn't gotten enough credit for what he has done.

BTW--The most talent surrounding him? LOL. Shaq and who else from that team (Horry, Fisher, Brian Shaw....)? The Bulls constantly had way more depth and talent than any of those Laker teams. The 80's Lakers had more talent and depth on their teams. Who else? The great Kwame Brown and Smush Parker. And don't tell me Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom. Those guys were considered perennial losers before this year came along. Not to mention that Bryant had to average 32 PPG/ 7 RPG/6 APG and 50% shooting for the Lakers to get to the Finals, only to have his team shoot an all playoffs low for them of 34% three point shooting, which made it impossible for the Lakers to run their offense...

Great pts.

Lakersfan2483
10-05-2008, 05:11 AM

More help. lol. He played with Shaq, now Gasol. Name a great player that didn't have great talent around him. Magic had a dang dream team. lol. He had Kareem, Worthy, Cooper, Scott, Mcadoo, Wilkes, but that does not take away from Magic's greatness. Bird had a great team as well: Walton, Mchale, Ainge, Parrish, C. Maxwell, D. Johnson. What was your whole point? You are using bad arguments to try and prove your point. In order to win, you have to have talent. The celtics had KG, Pierce and Allen this year, guess what, they won the title.

arlubas
10-05-2008, 05:58 AM
When will people realise that MJ had craploads of talent around him as well? And it's not just MJ, every great player that has won a ring had great players and role players around him in order to win the whole thing. Sure some had more help than others but that is besides the point. The point is that without quality guys around you you cant win 1 on 5 for the whole season, it's just impossible.

I think the main knock on Kobe should be that he won his rings as the second option and not the fact that he has talent around him. He should have talent around him just like everyone else that wants to win the whole thing. It just remains to be seen if he can go all the way while being the first option.

BTownTeamsRKing
10-05-2008, 10:20 AM
They will win it again if:

1. RR, Ray, Ray, Truth, KG all stay healthy.
2. House, TA, JR, Walker, Miles, Powe, Big Baby, O'Bryant, Pruitt, Cassel can become a bench like the Celtics had last year.
3. either JR, TA, are able to spell Ray Allen for 10-15 minutes a game effectively.
4. either Miles Walker, are able to spell Pierce for 10-15 minutes a game effectively

TMAC94
10-05-2008, 12:40 PM
i dont see them winning, but i see them losing 4-2 in the finals. im thinking NOH or Houston

THE_FLASH_21
10-06-2008, 12:27 PM
which is exactly what people (including me) were saying about boston every step of the way until they blew us out in game 6 of the NBA finals.

Mcgrady has never done anything before.... Yao is a tooth pick who'll brake in any game.. Artest (aka) Mr.Attitude is a ticking time bomb waiting to explode!!

Paul: He surpised me.... but i think he got out of the 1st round at least once.

Garnett: HOF who never had help.. and when did was a couple of games away from the finals...

Ray Allen: This guy is Mr. Lightsout!! Reggie Miller to me is the greatest 3pt shooter ever... But if theirs anyone close it's Allen...

IMO!!!!

JordansBulls
10-06-2008, 12:45 PM
Here is the problem:

No one wins without talent, however when one gets the talent it seems that people tend to just give excuses if their team doesn't win. They try to change the situation and say so and so never had a guy as good as this player in hopes that others will fall for their short coming. If your team doesn't win it all, then why go around bragging about how they are the best and when they lose give excuses?

I never quite understood that.

PHX-SOXFAN
10-06-2008, 01:16 PM

didn't take long for bitter laker fan to weigh in. The west really improved that much? Even if they did, the finals weren't competetive to begin with.

king4day
10-06-2008, 01:58 PM
I think 29 other teams are ready too :)
Not all will have a real chance, the thinking should be the same for every player.

balla4life22
10-06-2008, 02:30 PM
Man he is also the guy who claims he's the best on the planet. for a guy who couldnt carry his team to the playoffs in the east to try to say he's better than a gyu who did in the west is unheard of. all nba players are cocky but he is a fool. granted his team does have a shot, but he needs a chill pill. i hope he pops a nut or destroys his knee or ankle because he speaks very blashemously far too often like he is god or something now. he wasnt even the best player on his team let alone the planet

i hope you die

Hawkeye15
10-06-2008, 08:05 PM
More help. lol. He played with Shaq, now Gasol. Name a great player that didn't have great talent around him. Magic had a dang dream team. lol. He had Kareem, Worthy, Cooper, Scott, Mcadoo, Wilkes, but that does not take away from Magic's greatness. Bird had a great team as well: Walton, Mchale, Ainge, Parrish, C. Maxwell, D. Johnson. What was your whole point? You are using bad arguments to try and prove your point. In order to win, you have to have talent. The celtics had KG, Pierce and Allen this year, guess what, they won the title.

point is, those guys did it. He hasn't. Nuff said.

JR-FIGHTER
10-10-2008, 02:30 AM
I think 29 other teams are ready too

JR-FIGHTER
10-10-2008, 02:36 AM
point is, those guys did it. He hasn't. Nuff said.

:confused:

JR-FIGHTER
10-10-2008, 02:37 AM
Oh aha

what

JR-FIGHTER
10-10-2008, 02:40 AM
Oh aha

nice avitar dude

JR-FIGHTER
10-10-2008, 02:58 AM
Vale verga ese puto