PDA

View Full Version : Drury named 25th Rangers team Captain

messleetch94
10-03-2008, 05:28 PM
This was a good choice. He must feel good about considering he dreamed of playing for the Rangers growing up in Conn. He is a proven winner who has won at every level. Heck, even in Little League. I can't wait to see the reception from the Garden faithful before the home opener.

http://rangers.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=384680

Spock
10-03-2008, 05:46 PM
lol I was just getting ready to post this you beat me to it, I just ordered center ice at like 4 o'clock and was watching the NHL network and saw it. Congrats to Drury, I've been having this feeling like Drury is really going to step it up this season and really help elevate the team. Do we know who got the A's?

jetsfan89
10-03-2008, 06:02 PM
not a surprise at all. he's a true leader.

SLY WILLIAMS
10-03-2008, 06:07 PM
Markus Naslund and Scott Gomez will get the As.

Logical choices all around, and not unexpected.

No truth to the rumor that Lauri Korpikoski stormed out of the room when told he wasnt one of the picks.
That was a funny joke based on the previous Rangers Report

http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2008/10/03/chris-drury-is-the-25th-rangers-captain/

jetsfan89
10-03-2008, 06:08 PM
No truth to the rumor that Lauri Korpikoski stormed out of the room when told he wasn’t one of the picks.

well he should be upset. he did more for us in game 5 then gomez or drury :D

Spock
10-03-2008, 06:28 PM
I'm surprised Redden didn't get an A

SLY WILLIAMS
10-03-2008, 06:37 PM

Just in case anyone didnt get the joke it was a play on a line about another Ranger player who stormed off and blew off a TV interview when he heard he would not play in the season opener tomorrow.

messleetch94
10-03-2008, 07:52 PM

You can't be serious....

messleetch94
10-03-2008, 07:59 PM
If the line of Drury/Gomez/Naslund is consistent enough the entire season, i can see Drury matching his career best 37 goals. Here's why:

Gomez is one of the best playmakers in the league. He will open up the ice and look for Drury, mainly in front of the net. Drury is a gritty guy who will play in front and get his rebounds. Some of his goals will not be pretty, but the next morning it all looks the same in the newspapers.

Same goes for Naslund. Although a wing, he is also a playmaker who can score goals and will get his shots on goal. More rebounds for Drury.

messleetch94
10-03-2008, 08:00 PM
Just in case anyone didnt get the joke it was a play on a line about another Ranger player who stormed off and blew off a TV interview when he heard he would not play in the season opener tomorrow.

Heard it was Prucha. doubt Renney will sit him both games.

Desert Plains
10-03-2008, 08:48 PM
Obvious choice. He was the favorite from the start.