PDA

View Full Version : Sick of the shaq talk~

Wyatt7
10-03-2008, 02:27 PM
All of my friends told me getting shaq was a horrible move. That we should keep marion and get lopez next draft and start him. I tell them they didnt get SHAQ to SCORE he is there to rebound and defend. O’Neal more than held his own in the paint despite the late season change of address – not to mention learning an entirely new system - averaging 13.1 points, 10.7 rebounds and 1.2 blocks per game as a Sun. I see nothing wrong with that.
Does anyone else get this crap too?

amare#1
10-03-2008, 07:19 PM
Yeah man I think everyone does. Personally, I was really happy with Shaq's numbers last season. His presence in the key did a lot defensively for the team, as well as offensively... in the way that he drew double teams and then let Amare flourish. Hopefully if we win this season everyone will be proved wrong.

SunsFanSince89
10-03-2008, 08:34 PM
He just needs to be taken out when teams start fouling him away from the ball. Suns might suffer as much this season when this happens if their game slows down, but teams have figured out how to slow down the Suns via Shaq's terrible foul shooting.

Oh yeah, and can we say Diaw is a liability to this team in more ways than one...scratching the eye of STAT...he still doesn't have the starting role. I dont know what he is thinking.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-03-2008, 08:40 PM
I'd love to have Shaq in Denver... if ya'll don't want him.

Rome
10-03-2008, 10:27 PM
Think we need him bro. haha i hate when my friends say that **** and just ***** about how stupid that trade was for us, blah blah blah.

rocky4104
10-03-2008, 11:18 PM
Shaq did very well in his match up with duncan in the playoffs - that's why popovich resorted to the HAck-A-Shaq - he was killing duncan. AND THAT IS PRECISELY WHY WE GOT HIM - to deal with the likes of duncan who just killed us over the last 2 years

rocky4104
10-03-2008, 11:19 PM
as well as providing the leadership and the playoff experience - 4 RINGS

Rome
10-04-2008, 12:02 AM
Shaq wants 6 :) have to say rooting for him to get em lol.

ARMIN12NBA
10-04-2008, 02:51 PM
Shaq did very well in his match up with duncan in the playoffs - that's why popovich resorted to the HAck-A-Shaq - he was killing duncan. AND THAT IS PRECISELY WHY WE GOT HIM - to deal with the likes of duncan who just killed us over the last 2 years

Duncan was averaging 25 PPG on 50% shooting and 14 RPG against the Suns. Killing Duncan? Duncan absolutely dominated Shaq.

In comparison, Pau Gasol held Duncan to 22 PPG on 42% shooting...

PhxGiant
10-04-2008, 04:29 PM
Duncan was averaging 25 PPG on 50% shooting and 14 RPG against the Suns. Killing Duncan? Duncan absolutely dominated Shaq.

Yeah but the Lakers had an overrall better TEAM defense, our problems should be fixed with Porter stressing defense. ALSO the Lakers got a more tired Duncan the dude went through, Shaq/Stoudemire, Chandler/West, all before he got to Pau Gasoft.

rocky4104
10-04-2008, 07:07 PM

its because of the hack a shaq - not saying its wrong - it was a very good basketball strategy on the spurs part - duncan was having trouble with shaq defending him - shaq not only changed his shots, he even blocked duncan several times - i didnt say duncan played poorly - he just had a hard time with shaq defending him one on one. didnt you see that dunc was - many times doing fadeaways against shaq?

Duncan abolutely dominated shaq? he dominated the series but not with shaq one -on one - remember shaq's post game interviews? even the reporters were saying he did good against dunc - that because- accdg to shaq he and duncan had lots of years playing each other - popovich neutralized shaq - popovich dominated d'antoni

cahawk
10-05-2008, 01:06 PM
Shaq was a great pick up.
If anyone expected him to be the young Shaq or the Shaq before they changed so many rules on him...it isn't going to happen.

But otherwise he is an exciting addition that adds alot to the team and Shaq has given as much as anyone could expect...
except maybe for Laker fans who have their own motives.

JJ81
10-05-2008, 02:52 PM
http://i37.tinypic.com/2iljwap.gif

BoltLakerPadre
10-05-2008, 04:52 PM
He settled in to the system, and got some good numbers by the end of the season, but not $20 mil a season worth. That and you have to get used to people talking about Shaq when he's on your team. He's a popular source of discussion, and a fairly polarizing figure.

lavis
10-05-2008, 05:39 PM
He settled in to the system, and got some good numbers by the end of the season, but not $20 mil a season worth. That and you have to get used to people talking about Shaq when he's on your team. He's a popular source of discussion, and a fairly polarizing figure.

Yeah but what people forget is that Shaq brings in money too.. His deal isn't financially bad, only salary cap wise. Unlike Stephon Marbury who makes 20 mil too.. People avoid Knicks cause of him.

PhxOakFan3220
10-05-2008, 08:51 PM
let the haters keep hating i think its funny we will prove them wrong

theimortalone
10-05-2008, 09:04 PM
let the haters keep hating i think its funny we will prove them wrong

I agree 100% bro! I believe this will be an excellent season for us. All these morons dont realize that Phx was only 2 games out of being the #1 seed in the Wild Wild West.

cahawk
10-06-2008, 04:05 AM

That's hilarious talking about a polarizing figure when you have a kobe picture.