PDA

View Full Version : Nate Mclouth

Lindystud36
10-03-2008, 12:27 PM
Why not propose a trade to the yankees. I am sure we could get a Kennedy and Melky Cabra at minumum. Melky can be just as good at center with soem coaching and kennedy looks to be a number 2 or 3 pitcher in any rotation. With one or two more prospects plus some cash i think i would want this trade to happen.

What does anyone else think we could get for Nate?

sep11ie
10-03-2008, 01:50 PM
Melky has always been over rated, before they wouldn't trade him for anyone and now they're throwing him out there to any taker. I want nothing to do with him.

koldjerky
10-03-2008, 04:21 PM
I'd kee Mclouth before I'd want Cabrera to be honest.

jkiddvc20
10-03-2008, 04:27 PM
Take it from me Melky is so overrated as is Kennedy you are much better off keeping Mclouth.

Lindystud36
10-03-2008, 11:59 PM
Yea but from what i have heard, melky is only doing worse now because Joe Torree left the team. Plus if we are going to end up trading Nate id rather pick up someone who can start in return and a pitcher and a prospect

NYMetros
10-04-2008, 12:15 PM
I wouldn't really want Melky or Kennedy on our team, to be honest. McLouth is an all-star player. Kennedy and Melky could easily turn out to be busts. We lose a lot of pop in our lineup if we trade awya McLouth. IMO he's untouchable.

koldjerky
10-04-2008, 01:43 PM
I wouldn't really want Melky or Kennedy on our team, to be honest. McLouth is an all-star player. Kennedy and Melky could easily turn out to be busts. We lose a lot of pop in our lineup if we trade awya McLouth. IMO he's untouchable.

You'd just want to hope that you can get some good stuff in return for Wilson and possibly Sanchez then. Those seem to be the names that have been floating around for a couple years now. I think you'd be fine getting some BP help and some nice SP prospects in return.

NYMetros
10-04-2008, 04:25 PM
You'd just want to hope that you can get some good stuff in return for Wilson and possibly Sanchez then. Those seem to be the names that have been floating around for a couple years now. I think you'd be fine getting some BP help and some nice SP prospects in return.

Sure. I would love to trade one of those guys for good, young pitching. Our lineup could still do well without either of those guys in there.

hgtiger32
10-11-2008, 11:36 PM
how about Tony Gwynn Jr., Rickie Weeks, Bill Hall, and Jeff Suppan

MooseWithFleas
10-14-2008, 06:35 PM
Yanks wouldnt trade mcLouth for kennedy straight up. Kennedy is untouchable

pensrule234
10-17-2008, 07:49 AM
im just throwing this out there,but ive heard that peavy has had his name brought up by the padres to many teams do u think the pirates wud trade mclouth for him peavy has a no trade clause but pittsburgh is a better tam than san diego this would really help our pitching staff whuile we have alot of outfielders that can replace mclouth

NYMetros
10-18-2008, 06:56 PM

I don't want Ian kennedy on my team. I'd give the Yanks Ian Snell for him, but that's about it. :laugh2:

No way we give McLouth for him straight up, that would be ridiculous on our part. McLouth is an All-Star for God's sake.

fishfan79
10-21-2008, 05:33 PM

that is good because Mclouth would start with Hughes not Kennedy a crappy version of overhyped number 4-5 starter anyways

augustwest
10-22-2008, 01:51 PM
Yea but from what i have heard, melky is only doing worse now because Joe Torree left the team. Plus if we are going to end up trading Nate id rather pick up someone who can start in return and a pitcher and a prospect

Is this a joke. Melky was mediocre when Torre was there, then awful when Torre left. He's not good enough to beat out Pearce or Jason Michaels for a 5th OF spot.

blackcat45
10-22-2008, 09:02 PM
they shouldn't trade him...hes a solid leadoff hitter and fielder...better than chris duffy

Silent
10-24-2008, 06:07 PM
mclouth is gonna be a stud pitt should bulid on him. get him a supporting cast and watch out nl