PDA

View Full Version : Post: Tinsley to Nuggets-UPDATE- hoopsworld: NO DEAL after all

DenButsu
10-03-2008, 08:36 AM
New York Post (http://www.nypost.com/seven/10032008/sports/moresports/tinsley_dealt_to_nuggets_131908.htm):

TINSLEY DEALT TO NUGGETS

By PETER VECSEY

Posted: 3:17 am
October 3, 2008

Locked-out Pacers point Jamaal Tinsley was traded to the Nuggets for Chuckie Atkins and Stephen Hunter, The Post has learned.

The deal is contingent on Tinsley passing a physical. Chronically injured over the last four years (only once playing more than 42 games) and embroiled in violent encounters on three separate occasions (none of which he instigated), he spent all summer in Atlanta rehabbing his body and is said to be a great condition.

Denver assumes his $21M, 3-year debt. Atkins is due $3.24M and $3.48M while Hunter is guaranteed $3.86M and $3.69M. Less than half of their total salary remaining is guaranteed.

DenButsu
10-03-2008, 08:39 AM
Ironically, this comes just on the heels of this thread (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=277506) being posted in the Nuggets forum.

Go figure. :smoking: Shows ya how much I know...

JayW_1023
10-03-2008, 08:42 AM
I wonder how Karl will deal with another locker room headache...pardon me for being sceptic but I really don't see the Nuggets going far if they don't make a splash that will improve their defense.

amare#1
10-03-2008, 08:43 AM
Haha funny posts you dropped in the Nuggets thread DenButsu. I think this is a good signing for the Nugs... about time Tinsley got dealt somewhere.

DenButsu
10-03-2008, 08:55 AM
I'm very, very afraid... But if he doesn't cause trouble, he could be a real asset... I am really worried about his behavior, though. Bad locker room guys are not what the Nuggets need.

Tom81
10-03-2008, 08:57 AM
I'm very, very afraid... But if he doesn't cause trouble, he could be a real asset... I am really worried about his behavior, though. Bad locker room guys are not what the Nuggets need.

yeap

jimbobjarree
10-03-2008, 09:02 AM
I thought you Nuggets were planning on rebuilding after getting rid of old Camby?

KnicksFan4Years
10-03-2008, 09:50 AM
Could there be another Denver deal in the works?

Tinsley/Iverson/JR Smith/Carter isn't the greatest mix at guard.

cubulls
10-03-2008, 09:58 AM
I guess the Nugs are going to win 60 games afterall :rolleyes:

RocketsRule
10-03-2008, 09:59 AM
This could turn out to be a great move, if Tinsley can behave himself. If not, then things could get bad for Denver.

NYKnickFanatic
10-03-2008, 10:00 AM
:cricket:

Manos
10-03-2008, 10:08 AM
nice

Manos
10-03-2008, 10:09 AM
there's already a thread for this

Manos
10-03-2008, 10:12 AM
So they traded Atkins/Hunter($14M over this season and next) for Tinsley($21.5M over the next 3 seasons). Wow, nicely done Denver....:laugh:

JayW_1023
10-03-2008, 10:39 AM
Plus Steven Hunter would've helped fill depth at PF or C...Nene and K-Mart are injuries waiting to happen. Not a great trade...more a trade based on good faith...too many ifs. The Nuggets desperately need guys who can rebound...rebounding was one of their biggest strengths and it's what has kept them close in games...but now they traded away their best rebounder, plus another big for good measure for a point guard with a rep for underachieving/disappearing for stretches.

DenButsu
10-03-2008, 10:42 AM
No deal after all? That's what hoopsworld says...

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=10162

Sources: Tinsley Deal Not Done

By: Travis Heath Last Updated: 10/3/08 9:23 AM ET

Despite reports to the contrary, multiple league sources have informed HOOPSWORLD the Denver Nuggets have not reached an agreement with the Indiana Pacers on a deal that would reportedly send Jamaal Tinsley from the Indiana Pacers to the Nuggets in exchange for Steven Hunter and Chucky Atkins.

One source confirmed the Nuggets have had discussions with the Pacers about Tinsley, which means a move for Tinsley down the road couldn't completely be ruled out. However, as of this moment, no deal is done.

JayW_1023
10-03-2008, 10:44 AM
If the deal is cancelled...Nuggets fans should pretty much sigh in relief. Maybe Karl just veto-ed this trade...wouldn't be suprised.

dre1990
10-03-2008, 11:08 AM
^^^
why? Jamal tinsley is a past 1st PG and experinced, last year when he was healthy he had 8.5 APG, would be grea for Denver

JordansBulls
10-03-2008, 11:55 AM
Tinsley is the piece the Nuggets could use.

Manos
10-03-2008, 12:24 PM
If the deal is cancelled...Nuggets fans should pretty much sigh in relief. Maybe Karl just veto-ed this trade...wouldn't be suprised.

I'm with you, Denver dodged a bullet if the deal is really off.

Chronz
10-03-2008, 12:28 PM
Too bad, good trade for both teams I think.

cmellofan15
10-03-2008, 12:32 PM
O MY FREAKIN GOODNESS!!!!!!

:speechless:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hold on WTF the trade didn't go down???

I think this could be the move that turns around Tinsley's behavior and makes him wan to win. Kinda like Randy Moss or TO (last season) on a smaller scale.

JayW_1023
10-03-2008, 12:40 PM
^^^
why? Jamal tinsley is a past 1st PG and experinced, last year when he was healthy he had 8.5 APG, would be grea for Denver

8.5 assists is very misleading. Bring something better than stats. Tinsley not only is slow and lazy, he also has the off the court issues.

The Nuggets need to get rebounders...Tinsley isn't worth trading Atkins and Hunter (did I say the Nuggets needed big guys?). Maybe only for Atkins but that's it.

The Nuggets best rebounders now are Nene and K-Mart and they are always an injury risk. If I were Denver I would not trade any big man unless they get a better one in return.

cmellofan15
10-03-2008, 12:48 PM
8.5 assists is very misleading. Bring something better than stats. Tinsley not only is slow and lazy, he also has the off the court issues.

The Nuggets need to get rebounders...Tinsley isn't worth trading Atkins and Hunter (did I say the Nuggets needed big guys?). Maybe only for Atkins but that's it.

The Nuggets best rebounders now are Nene and K-Mart and they are always an injury risk. If I were Denver I would not trade any big man unless they get a better one in return.

That's why they picked up Balkman and Birdman (back up forwards) so Nene and K Mart can rotate with Andersen at C. And Mello is a good rebounder too.

Also like I said before I think Tinsley can turn it around if he gets traded and actually likes it in Denver (just like how people think Artest is going to be a saint in Houston) and will change his attitude towards the game.

JayW_1023
10-03-2008, 12:53 PM
Balkman is more a wing defender and Birdman hasn't been in the league for two years...either K-mart or Nene will get hurt and Hunter is probably the most capable guy they have to step in in case one of them has to sit for an extended time.

It may not be a bad idea to trade Iverson to get another quality big to help on the boards...JR Smith seems like he's ready to start and will not be a size liability on defense.

Rebounding is was helped Nuggets to 50 wins...they need to adress this or there is no chance in hell they'll repeat hitting the 50 win mark.

I'm not saying Tinsley will backfire...I'm saying they shouldn't sacrifice their bigs acquiring him.

$KnicksAndKobe$
10-03-2008, 12:57 PM
Bird was absent for a long time, Balk is a SF and can only defend
I wonder what there gonna do if nene and kmart got injured ... who else do they have?

IndyRealist
10-03-2008, 01:12 PM
8.4 assists per game isn't misleading. Tinsley was the backbone of the Pacers offensive system, and when he went out with "injury" they fell apart. It simply didn't work without Jamaal in the lineup, and when it did work it was amazing to watch. If he hadn't had a falling out with O'Brien then people would be talking about his ressurected career, off the court problems or not. Tinsley needs a free flowing offense where he could penetrate and distribute the ball, and shooters who can light it up. Dever would be perfect for him.

This trade would be horrible for the Pacers, it'd put them at 18 garuanteed contracts. Financially it doesn't make much sense, and they'd be picked up redundant players...a fourth PG and a 3rd Center.

Chronz
10-03-2008, 01:19 PM
I dont like the idea of a Tinsley AI pairing but its better than playing Anthony Carter, MUCH better.

Chronz
10-03-2008, 01:19 PM
Balkman is more a wing defender and Birdman hasn't been in the league for two years...either K-mart or Nene will get hurt and Hunter is probably the most capable guy they have to step in in case one of them has to sit for an extended time.

It may not be a bad idea to trade Iverson to get another quality big to help on the boards...JR Smith seems like he's ready to start and will not be a size liability on defense.

Rebounding is was helped Nuggets to 50 wins...they need to adress this or there is no chance in hell they'll repeat hitting the 50 win mark.

I'm not saying Tinsley will backfire...I'm saying they shouldn't sacrifice their bigs acquiring him.
True but if Nene or Kmart go down for extended stretches their season is over regardless. Steven Hunter isnt worth a damn, never was.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
10-03-2008, 03:14 PM
what are the nuggents doing ?

Frank Costanza
10-03-2008, 03:37 PM
I guess the Nugs are going to win 60 games afterall :rolleyes:

60? hahahaha if you win 50 be happy

JOSETHEALLSTAR
10-03-2008, 03:55 PM
^ yeah but they are going no way in the west

KnicksRSick
10-03-2008, 04:39 PM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=10162

Apparently its not a done deal?

_Sn1P3r_
10-03-2008, 05:53 PM
Nope guess not. ^

SensandRaps
10-03-2008, 06:57 PM
looked like a good deal for both teams

reegs13
10-03-2008, 07:36 PM
close to being done now, per the IndyStar, finalzed by monday

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081003/SPORTS04/81003041/1004/SPORTS

DenButsu
10-03-2008, 07:44 PM
60? hahahaha if you win 50 be happy

I think 50 is realistic as a goal. (I think 60 is not).

All the news reports in the Denver Post, Rocky Mountain News, and the Indy paper (can't remember its name off the top of my head) seem to suggest that the deal is somewhere between almost dead and not likely to happen, but still has an outside chance.

theimortalone
10-03-2008, 08:26 PM
Getting Tinsley would be a bad aquisition. He is a trouble maker. Not good chemistry.

cardinals1226
10-04-2008, 08:50 AM
8.4 assists per game isn't misleading. Tinsley was the backbone of the Pacers offensive system, and when he went out with "injury" they fell apart. It simply didn't work without Jamaal in the lineup, and when it did work it was amazing to watch. If he hadn't had a falling out with O'Brien then people would be talking about his ressurected career, off the court problems or not. Tinsley needs a free flowing offense where he could penetrate and distribute the ball, and shooters who can light it up. Dever would be perfect for him.

This trade would be horrible for the Pacers, it'd put them at 18 garuanteed contracts. Financially it doesn't make much sense, and they'd be picked up redundant players...a fourth PG and a 3rd Center.

Actually, it would be 17 guarenteed contracts and it is a good move. Atkins would only cost $7750,000 to cut. He has a guarenteed contract for this year, but not next. Financially, this is a great trade. The Pacers cut significant money by getting rid of Tinsley. If indeed Aktins and Hunter don't get cut, they both have options for next year and are very unlikely to return. Plus, Baston is still rumored to go back to Europe so he could be bought out.