PDA

View Full Version : Chad Billingsley!

banglawiz
10-03-2008, 12:00 AM
He was great today.

I think he just got a little tired at the end of the 7th. (He never pitched this much innings in season in his life so this isnt a big deal! :cool:)

but a great game over all!

CHRISDODGERS
10-03-2008, 12:05 AM
great pitching performance even if the commentators don't give them any credit...

banglawiz
10-03-2008, 12:13 AM
^^ who cares about the ****en commentattors we Dodger fans and his Mnager and teamates knows how well he pitched.

the stupid anouncers thnks the cubs could come back!!

They want them to comeback!!
**** the AZZ'os

iggypop123
10-03-2008, 12:52 AM
chad was great. power fastball sliders cutters and his curve all working

N.Z's #1 Dodger
10-03-2008, 01:01 AM
Too good for an above average lineup with no gameplan. Zambrano was the only one who played Bills properly.

DodgerLove
10-03-2008, 01:23 AM
it was a really well executed game all around, solid hitting, great performance from bills, solid d, and we took advatage of mistakes, lets just keep doing our job and keep putting pressure on them, sorry its off topic but i had to say it haha

LA_Bron
10-03-2008, 04:18 AM
Chad was a stud tonight. He had the # advantages on his side (see my thread if you haven't!) and he executed like a veteran. Chad has been my favorite pitcher for the Dodgers this season, and he proved why today. We'll need more of those performances as the post season goes on!

lukemccain
10-03-2008, 04:50 AM
I mean... Billingsley has become a really good pitcher. I mean... he has much more command... I mean.... control of his pitches. I mean... he can go deeper into the game. I mean... it is good to see him succeed. I mean... who cares if he utters "I mean" seven or eight times in a two minute interview. I mean... it is just a bad habit I mean... like saying ummm before you speak. I mean... when you take Speech 101 in school... I mean... they point out that you say things like "I mean" without even realizing it. I mean... who cares? I mean... the guy can pitch and will be a multimillionaire in a few years. You know what I mean?

OutOfTHEBLUE
10-03-2008, 05:04 AM
I was thinking the same thing when I was watching the game. There was little to no credit for Billingsley. As a matter of fact, it kind of felt like there was more praise for Carlos Zambrano.

I could have sworn that Ron Santo had snuck into the booth and took over the announcing in the ninth when the Cubs cut the lead to 10-3. I actually felt myself getting tricked into feeling nervous for about two seconds before I realized what was happening.

BlueZoo
10-03-2008, 10:29 AM
Bills' A game came to town last night. Stepped up big time in the Windy City. Not bad for an "ace in training" , like I read recently. Not bad at all.
My favorite inning was the 8th... when Blake singled, Berroa sacrificed him perfectly to 2nd, and after the Martin's AB, Furcal just cracks the hit we want. Poetry and pure BB execution, the likes of which can get a team deep into this post.
Sorry, TBS announcers and "experts"... we know this is not what you're looking for in this series...it's s-o-o f***ing obvious.

darth550
10-03-2008, 10:35 AM
I mean... Billingsley has become a really good pitcher. I mean... he has much more command... I mean.... control of his pitches. I mean... he can go deeper into the game. I mean... it is good to see him succeed. I mean... who cares if he utters "I mean" seven or eight times in a two minute interview. I mean... it is just a bad habit I mean... like saying ummm before you speak. I mean... when you take Speech 101 in school... I mean... they point out that you say things like "I mean" without even realizing it. I mean... who cares? I mean... the guy can pitch and will be a multimillionaire in a few years. You know what I mean?

He's just a kid on the biggest stage of his life so far. He'll be ok. :)

lynchgagne
10-03-2008, 10:40 AM
bills was awesome last night...poised ffrom the first inning on...he amazed me

FlawlessKB24
10-03-2008, 11:24 AM
that was his coming out party to the rest of the baseball world
i think the league is on look-out
i cant believe he's only 24, wow

c2thab
10-03-2008, 12:07 PM
Bills was on his grown man again last night! And the Cubs have better pitching?! :laugh2:

Pitching, defense & timely hitting win ball games in the playoffs and we are doing just that. The Cubs on the other hand arent which is why we are up 2-0.

The 6-4-3
10-03-2008, 01:31 PM
Chad and Lowe are going to be HUGE for us down the stretch

anyone else waiting to see Kuroda pull off a big game too

didnt he shut out the Cubs early in the season?

ElSerenoBlu
10-03-2008, 01:46 PM
I mean the cubs are sucking.. I mean.. man those errors.. I mean my goddaughter who is 4 can take those ground balls... I mean... they're really bad I mean.. cubs fans are sad.. I mean.... wow what a game... I mean.. cubs are almost done.... I mean.... cubs are done.. I mean... cubs been done .. I mean.... they robbed casey on 2nd base.. I mean... cubs need help from umps.. I mean.. u suck if you gotta pick on Bills interview lol, what else you want to point out for us that is irrelevant to our 2-0 lead?.. know WHAT I MEAN?..

GO DODGERS!!!!

c2thab
10-03-2008, 01:49 PM
Kuroda's last start vs. Cubs

9 IP 4 H 0 ER 9 K's

Lets hope he has another game just like that on Saturday!!

Tapptout
10-03-2008, 04:32 PM
Oh if Kuroda could even go 7 innings of the same kinda pitching i'd be so happy

simihi
10-03-2008, 04:53 PM
Bills was awsome, getting himself out of that 1st inning jam was huge. Our 1-2 is as good as any ones.