PDA

View Full Version : Curry coaching through grief

Sports Illustrator
10-02-2008, 11:38 PM
Work has become Michael Curry's escape, an opportunity to channel his grief. The more he concentrates on his new responsibilities and challenges as the Pistons' head coach, the less he fixates on his emotionally conflicted summer. Curry got the job of his dreams, only to lose his father and his grandmother soon afterward. When I've had down time, it's bothered me the most," Curry said earlier this week, "because that gives you the most time to think about what you've lost. But the job has been therapeutic for me. A lot of guys have been here since August, so that's kept me busy. I've been able to pour myself into what we're trying to accomplish." Who knows whether the personal tumult will make Curry a better coach? It has, however, made him more reflective.

From Detroit Free Press (http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081002/COL08/810020366/1048/SPORTS)

NYMetros
10-04-2008, 10:21 PM
It's unfortunate to hear about Curry's losses. I don't know him too well, but he seems like a good guy and it looks like he will go 100% at whatever he does. I'm just excited for this season to finally get started.