PDA

View Full Version : Emeka/Dwight Howard ?

The Magic Man
10-02-2008, 11:37 PM
What if the magic would've of drafted Emeka and we would have drafted Howard,we would have been in the playoffs 2 years ago and our franchise would be in a much better place than it is now we would've had the best young big man in the nba and we would have more nat'l televised games.

Dwight would be the savior of North Carolina like Lebron is to cleveland.
Only if we would've had the #1 pick in 04 draft.

Where do you think the Bobcat franchise would be right now in the east if we swap Emeka for Dwight.

pg:felton
sg:richardson
sf:wallace
pf:may
c:Superman

I say we make it to the finals with this lineup.

JakeDelbreezy
10-03-2008, 07:12 AM
It's always interesting to take a look back and see what could have been...below are some players we may have been able to take instead of the player we took or in some cases maybe make a move to get that player...who knows where the Bobcats or any other NBA team would be with just a few minor lucky breaks..

A couple of other notable players from the 2004 first round
#7 Luol Deng
#9 Andre Igoudola
#15 Al Jefferson

Some undrafted players in 2004 (Andres Nocioni, Damien Wilkins, Quinton Ross)

What if they would have combined their two picks and moved up to grab Deron Williams or Chirs Paul?

What if they would have taken Andrew Bynum at #5 instead of Felton. He would look good along side Okafor.

What about Danny Granger at #13 (he later went 17th) instead of Sean May?

A notable second round picks that year was Monta Ellis #40 overall.

In 2005 Jose Calderon was an undrafted rookie free agent.

Our selection was #3 overall Adam Morrison

Other notable choices we could have had
#6 Brandon Roy
#8 Rudy Gay

Couple of notable 2nd round pick that year were Daniel Gibson #42 overall, Paul Milsap #47 overall and of course the Bobcats took Ryan Hollins at #50 overall.

Notable undrafted free agents, Chris Quinn and Jose Juan Barera

We traded the #8 overall pick (Bradan Wright) to GS for J-Rich. Nice move. Not much talent was taken in the draft after that pick. This was a nice move by the Bobcats. We also took Jared Dudley at #22 overall

A couple of notable second round picks that year were Carl Landry #31 overall (who we just tried to sign) our own Jermareo Davidson at #36 overall, Marc Gasol at #48 overall.

Well have to give this past draft a year or two before we can really get a good understanding of it...

black1605
10-03-2008, 06:12 PM
the real thing to ponder is what if the team had been around one year earlier

we could have had melo, wade, or bosh with the second pick

celticfan
10-04-2008, 09:07 AM
you guys would be better no dobut

BoltLakerPadre
10-05-2008, 09:08 PM
I was an Okafur guy during the draft. After a couple of seasons Dwight has looked like the superior player, but after the Olympics, I have some doubts.

king4day
10-06-2008, 12:06 PM
At least the 'Cats didn't make a mistake in drafting Mek by passing up on Howard.
I don't know if they'd be a finals team yet, but they would at least have gotten to round 2 and maybe the ECF.

Padres Son
10-07-2008, 12:18 PM
You guys would be better, but I don't think it'd be a drastic difference. Emeka is every bit as good as Dwight on the defensive end. Howard would help your offense, definitely, but to say that you would be in the best team in the East is going way too far. Howard's surrounding cast in Orlando is just as good as it would be if he was on Charlotte and they didn't even get to the ECF.

There's no way that swapping Emeka for Dwight would be a difference of 30+ wins for your team.

DerekRE_3
10-07-2008, 01:55 PM
Doesn't really matter, since we didn't have the chance to get Howard.

But, what if we drafted Brandon Roy instead of Adam Morrison? We'd be a much better team. Or if we took the proposed trade the Jazz offered us in 2005. We had the 5th pick and 13th. The Jazz offered us the #3 for the #5 and #13. We could have taken Deron Williams or Chris Paul with that pick. Instead we took Raymond Felton (who isn't a bad PG) and Sean May (he's been hurt for pretty much every game).

AirJordanXVIII
10-07-2008, 05:07 PM
Call me crazy, but I think Okafor can be Howardish in 2-3 years.. minus the athleticism off course.

DerekRE_3
10-07-2008, 06:21 PM
Call me crazy, but I think Okafor can be Howardish in 2-3 years.. minus the athleticism off course.

He's already 26. I hope he can do that...but I think he is a career 14 and 12 kind of guy. Which isn't bad at all.

*Superman*
10-08-2008, 04:16 PM
Thank god we took Howard.

l GeArs l
10-24-2008, 03:55 PM
Okafor did have a better rookie season but, Howard looks like he's going to have a WAYYYY better career.

TarHeelMan
10-30-2008, 01:21 PM
I'm more pissed about missing out on Danny Granger for Sean May, and missing out on Rudy Gay for Adam Morrison.

homestarunner93
10-30-2008, 04:56 PM
It all goes back to the crappy people Charlotte teams hire for the FO. The Panthers are terrible drafters, and so are the Bobcats. You think they would raid the FOs of teams that consistently draft good, but no way! Not when we can have MJ and Marty Hurney!!!

DerekRE_3
10-30-2008, 06:22 PM
I'm more pissed about missing out on Danny Granger for Sean May, and missing out on Rudy Gay for Adam Morrison.

I'd rather have Brandon Roy than Rudy Gay.

ntat
11-01-2008, 05:44 AM
What if the magic would've of drafted Emeka and we would have drafted Howard,we would have been in the playoffs 2 years ago and our franchise would be in a much better place than it is now we would've had the best young big man in the nba and we would have more nat'l televised games.

Dwight would be the savior of North Carolina like Lebron is to cleveland.
Only if we would've had the #1 pick in 04 draft.

Where do you think the Bobcat franchise would be right now in the east if we swap Emeka for Dwight.

pg:felton
sg:richardson
sf:wallace
pf:may
c:Superman

I say we make it to the finals with this lineup.
hahaha no. The magic has a better line up then u right now and still didnt make it to the finals. hahahaha the finals