PDA

View Full Version : The one back offense

habitual
10-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Let me start by saying,this is my opinion.Pittsburgh has made its living by running the ball.I think they`re missing the point.the one back offence has to go.we`ve always had a bruising fullback to complement our halfbacks.where are they now?no tim lester,no john l williams,and no dan krieder.who pops the hole plugging lb?no one so far.I don`t think a te in motion can see the things a fullback can.I just don`t see us going anywhere with 3 and 4 wr sets.I could say more but,this is long enough for now to start.-----ps sry to jesus in cleats for never answering his post on another thread.

NYMetros
10-02-2008, 04:04 PM
I don't really have a problem with us not using a FB. Willie Parker has been out the past couple of games so it's been harder on our run game than usual. Once he's back we should be fine--not to mention we have been facing very good defenses lately. They will get easier eventually.

bmorningstar
10-02-2008, 04:31 PM
i agree with the fullback and how we need one, i never liked it when carey davis had the starting job over kreider

baileybwoy
10-02-2008, 04:36 PM
McHugh did an alright job last game, I'd at least like to see him get an extended look over Carey Davis for a bit.

jesusncleats
10-02-2008, 05:35 PM
Let me start by saying,this is my opinion.Pittsburgh has made its living by running the ball.I think they`re missing the point.the one back offence has to go.we`ve always had a bruising fullback to complement our halfbacks.where are they now?no tim lester,no john l williams,and no dan krieder.who pops the hole plugging lb?no one so far.I don`t think a te in motion can see the things a fullback can.I just don`t see us going anywhere with 3 and 4 wr sets.I could say more but,this is long enough for now to start.-----ps sry to jesus in cleats for never answering his post on another thread.

:confused:

NYMetros
10-02-2008, 05:38 PM
:confused:

He's talking about this: http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4970607&postcount=14

jesusncleats
10-03-2008, 07:36 AM
O, wow that was in April

stealaz #1
10-05-2008, 05:49 PM
IMO Carey Davis is the truth he honestly can do it all block,run and catch he just got hurt and the games that made it look like we need a FB i dont think running the ball was the game plan for them games