haircanada
10-02-2008, 08:39 AM
http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/gordon_081001.html

zambo4president
10-02-2008, 08:52 AM
ehh hes been disappointing last couple of years

$ NyC $
10-02-2008, 08:57 AM
Dum@$s. Now he's in a contract here and has like 4 other GOOD players playing his same position. How's he gonna prove that he's worth the $$ now?

umh34
10-02-2008, 09:10 AM
ehh hes been disappointing last couple of years

what do you expect from him?

JayW_1023
10-02-2008, 10:38 AM
I'm glad that finally a franchise finally shied away from ridiculously overpaying an overrated player. In the end it really made Gordon look like a disillusioned oaf...crawling back in shame to take the qualifying offer.

I wonder how Gordon will respond...will he jack up even more ill-advised shots in attempt to prove he is worth the money, or accept his role and actually make the Bulls CEO at least consider giving him the max.

IndyRealist
10-02-2008, 01:27 PM
Well Vinnie Del Negro will have to get wins under his belt no matter what. A first year coach brought in amid the D'Antoni fiasco, he's not going to have the option of sitting Gordon if he's needed. Chicagoans aren't the most patient of people.

Vidball
10-02-2008, 03:31 PM
He should have signed the deal on the table...he won't get a more lucrative offer on the open market.

23LBJCleBrowns
10-02-2008, 03:55 PM
He'll get traded soon.

SensandRaps
10-02-2008, 04:01 PM
Dum@$s. Now he's in a contract here and has like 4 other GOOD players playing his same position. How's he gonna prove that he's worth the $$ now?

i agree completley

Seventh King
10-02-2008, 04:11 PM
I'm glad that finally a franchise finally shied away from ridiculously overpaying an overrated player. In the end it really made Gordon look like a disillusioned oaf...crawling back in shame to take the qualifying offer.

I wonder how Gordon will respond...will he jack up even more ill-advised shots in attempt to prove he is worth the money, or accept his role and actually make the Bulls CEO at least consider giving him the max.

Lots of us agree JayW . . .its still a toss-up though. No matter what it seems like the team loses. I agree with your "disillusioned" assessment of Gordon. You would think that someone, somewhere, must care about this guy enough to let him know that he's way off base. His agent, Brothers, is not doing him any favors either. In terms of playing time, Gordon will get his; but if he turns into a muther-chucker, look for him to not get as much time. I know VDN will need to get wins in order to look credible to the sports fans . . .it will be an interesting season is all I have to say.

cameroncrazies2
10-02-2008, 04:12 PM
He'll get traded soon.

For that to happen, some team would have to come forward in the next 3 months and offer Gordon a boatload of money for an extension which won't happen to begin with, then the Bulls will have to agree to trade Gordon for whatever said team wants to give up which the Bulls overvalue Gordon too much to trade him anyway, then because Gordon signed the QO, he'd have to agree to the terms of the extension and the trade. I think it's safe to say, Ben Gordon isn't going anywhere.

_Sn1P3r_
10-02-2008, 04:14 PM
Finally. He wasn't gonna get the money he wanted in the market I think.

MoBASS
10-02-2008, 04:34 PM
Imagine being in his shoes now... what an idiot he is to turn down $50 million, financial security for life, in exchange for 5 years of playing basketball?

What a shameful move.. his agent should be embarassed.

Rome
10-02-2008, 06:26 PM
He'll get traded soon.

Lol let's hope so or that's gonna be an awkward year IMO.

camador22
10-02-2008, 08:33 PM
This situation reminds me of the Sprewell situation. He made a huge mistake by not accepting the 50 mill deal.

dre1990
10-02-2008, 09:08 PM
they need to start him

bogdanrom
10-02-2008, 09:55 PM
He's probably going to get traded. They have a lot of guards and he's the one that doesn't want to be here.

theimortalone
10-02-2008, 10:21 PM
Damn finally he just signs the contract. Dude can get out of it next year, so why not play out one more year? Then he can sign with whoever the hell he wants.

Beno7500
10-03-2008, 12:14 AM
He's probably going to get traded

IversonIsKrazy
10-03-2008, 12:22 AM
this shocks me, i thought he wuz either gunna sign to another team or to euro. was surprised that he signed the qualifying offer to bulls, he'll probally get traded.

SAVAGE CLAW
10-03-2008, 01:10 AM
He didnt want to come to this situation, because in 09 NO ONE is going to be making hughe offers with the upcoming pool of talent for 2010.

innovator
10-03-2008, 03:50 AM
very underated he is the bulls best player and the bulls leading scorer the past seasons and yet deng gets paid MORE and other teams wouldnt pay for him he is very underated he is bgetter than derick rose,deng,hinrich,hughes,tomas,noah,everybody in the bulls and he is only getting paidd around 6 million?????????? 18 ppg for his career

S.J.Basketball
10-03-2008, 04:20 AM
Gordon's overrated. He was looking for his BIG contract and he fell flat on his face. His ego is getting in the way of his brain and he seems more out for himself than really helping his team win. He's gonna get traded. They already have enough players at that position and they don't need a headache on that team.

JayW_1023
10-03-2008, 08:29 AM
very underated he is the bulls best player and the bulls leading scorer the past seasons and yet deng gets paid MORE and other teams wouldnt pay for him he is very underated he is bgetter than derick rose,deng,hinrich,hughes,tomas,noah,everybody in the bulls and he is only getting paidd around 6 million?????????? 18 ppg for his career

Gordon scores alot, but he doesn't play within the team concept...he is probably the worst defender at his position and besides his streaky scoring he doesn't do much else to help the team win.

He is great as a sixth man to bring some offense off the bench, but as a starter he eventually becomes liable.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
10-03-2008, 03:54 PM
its just one year then he'll become a free agent

KG2TB
10-03-2008, 04:13 PM

Deng is the Bull's best player hands down as of right now. He also had a down season but has really busted his *** as always this offseason and now that he signed the contract and isn't involved in trade talks he should have that breakout season the Bulls expected him to have last year. Not only that he is looking forward to taking on a bigger leadership role this year. Something that he is capable of and that BG is not. I expect Deng to put up a stat line of 21 ppg \ 8.5 rpg as well as shoot over 50% from the field. He also plays good defense something that BG can only dream about but probably doesn't even bother.

Rose, Deng, and Tyrus...that is the Bulls future. Thabo, Noc, Noah, possibly Hinrich to fill in as role players