PDA

View Full Version : 2007-2008 Rookie Of The Year?

NYKnickFanatic
10-02-2008, 08:35 AM
In your opinion, do you think Kevin Durant really deserved Rookie Of The Year?

You can argue that Al Horford should have won it.
And I honestly think he should have.
He played a big role on the Hawks, and helped them get to the playoffs.

He also played very well in the playoffs.
Playing against Kevin Garnett, isnt easy.
Especially if youre a rookie.

So, who do you think deserved to be Rookie Of The Year?

Kyben36
10-02-2008, 08:37 AM
I think it should have been horford or Scola. Both made a big inpact on their team.

$ NyC $
10-02-2008, 09:00 AM
Horford. I was gonna make this thread when we brought it up in the Oden one lol. Horford proved that he deserved it. Plus ANY rookie who was used as much as Durant would have scored 20 ppg and prob. more efficiently. His shooting numbers SUCKED. He does got talent but i think Horford EARNED it and DESERVED it more. One Oden was injured it was already a given who would take it though.

Wake's Fastball
10-02-2008, 11:03 AM
I'm 110% convinced Durant deserves the award. I don't get what all the fuss is about Durant's shooting percentages weren't stellar, but they weren't the nightmare everyone casts them out to be... as a rookie getting double-teamed night in and night out, he still shot better than McGrady. He was the focal point of the offense because he is their best player, which shouldn't take away from his candidacy. Horford was the Hawks' sixth leading scorer, fifth option on offense, and still shot below 50% from the field, which isn't good by center standards. He was a stellar rebounder, but that really doesn't make up for what Durant has on him offensively. Durant shot better than the consensus #2 and #3 best rookie wings last year, Stuckey and Thornton. And the kicker; blast his shooting percentages all you want, they're still higher than Kobe's in his first two years, as well as AI, LeBron and Melo in their rookie years.

NYKnickFanatic
10-02-2008, 11:07 AM
Horford. I was gonna make this thread when we brought it up in the Oden one lol. Horford proved that he deserved it. Plus ANY rookie who was used as much as Durant would have scored 20 ppg and prob. more efficiently. His shooting numbers SUCKED. He does got talent but i think Horford EARNED it and DESERVED it more. One Oden was injured it was already a given who would take it though.

Lol, that is why I made it.
I thought it was a joke, to what people were saying.

barreleffact
10-02-2008, 11:20 AM
I'm 110% convinced Durant deserves the award. I don't get what all the fuss is about Durant's shooting percentages weren't stellar, but they weren't the nightmare everyone casts them out to be... as a rookie getting double-teamed night in and night out, he still shot better than McGrady. He was the focal point of the offense because he is their best player, which shouldn't take away from his candidacy. Horford was the Hawks' sixth leading scorer, fifth option on offense, and still shot below 50% from the field, which isn't good by center standards. He was a stellar rebounder, but that really doesn't make up for what Durant has on him offensively. Durant shot better than the consensus #2 and #3 best rookie wings last year, Stuckey and Thornton. And the kicker; blast his shooting percentages all you want, they're still higher than Kobe's in his first two years, as well as AI, LeBron and Melo in their rookie years.

Durant- 43% fg 29% 3pfg
Kobe(doesnt really count)- 42% 38%
AI- 42% 34%
Lebron-42% 29%
Melo-43% 32%

Technically, you are right about their regular fg%....3's are an entirely different story. plus they were all more efficient all in all even if they shot a percentage less. they all won more as rookies too. I;m nowhere near a Durant fan. He never impressed me since he's so small, but for him to be his height and playing SG...also, considering he was supossedly sum great defender in college, he should be doing a lot better on blocks and defense in general against Sg's in the league. I mean he has a lot of height and reach on all of them.

Horford averaged 10 10 and played some solid D. you cant really say what he did in the playoffs because rookie of the year is a regular season award, but just numbers wise, he impressed me far more than durant. I wasnt expecting anything from horford and he proved to be very capable. KD was supposed to be some phenom, but I just dont see greatness from him

JordansBulls
10-02-2008, 12:47 PM
Horford

prash
10-02-2008, 03:03 PM
Kevin Durant all the way. That guy is going to be a stud

krazyclipperfan
10-02-2008, 03:18 PM
Durant, this is an individual award and it not based on how good your team does. he was the best rookie last year.

oshea225
10-02-2008, 03:36 PM
Durant, this is an individual award and it not based on how good your team does. he was the best rookie last year.

agreed. i like horford a lot, but durant deserved it.

don'tfireNedCo
10-02-2008, 03:44 PM
al thornton

23LBJCleBrowns
10-02-2008, 03:54 PM
ROY of the year is won for what you do in the regular season not the playoffs.

SensandRaps
10-02-2008, 04:05 PM
imo should have been horford he played a huge role and helped his team make the playoffs instead of relocating :P

_Sn1P3r_
10-02-2008, 04:17 PM
I think Durant deserved it basing it more on stats but I felt Horford should've won it because he had a big impact on the Hawks in making the playoffs for the first time since I can remember.

23LBJCleBrowns
10-02-2008, 05:30 PM
Durant deserved it, because he was the only valuable player on there team.

amare#1
10-02-2008, 06:24 PM
Durant, but Horford put up a good fight.

Hawkeye15
10-02-2008, 06:37 PM
Durant deserved it. He got huge minutes, and was looked upon to be the team leader right away, so he got the stats. Obviously Horford or Scola were more important to their teams last season, but ROY is a stat award. Straight up. That is why Beas wins it this year. He will get huge minutes, and lots of shots. Kevin Love is a darkhorse for the same reason. I do think Durant ends up a much better player than anyone, including Oden, from last years draft.

Cavs_Fan24
10-02-2008, 06:52 PM
Durant did have the better season, and statistics, but i still think Horford deserved it because he brought a losing team into the playoffs and they nearly upset Boston in the first round. Besides, Horford was much more consistent then Durant.

cmellofan15
10-02-2008, 08:26 PM
I think Hordford is a better player from what I've seen from both of them but I think Scola should be in this conversation...

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-02-2008, 09:06 PM
Horfie averaged 10/10... he shoulda got it. and this is comin from a big time KD fan.