PDA

View Full Version : Would AI to the Cavs make sense for both teams?!

sp1derm00
10-02-2008, 06:54 AM
AI for Varejao, Daniel Gibson, and Wally Sczerbiak

Lebron would have AI by his side, and along with Big Z, they could be a tremendous team.

Denver on the other hand, get a good big in Varejao, a good PG in Gibson, and a decent replacement for AI for the year... at the end of which they would get a $13m expiring to pursue or trade away for someone they like.

Cleveland
PG: West / Mo Williams
SG: AI / Pavlovic / Snow
SF: Lebron / Pavlovic
PF: JJ Hickson / ??? Lebron ????
C: Big Z / Big Ben

Denver
PG: Gibson / Carter
SG: Wally / JR Smith
SF: Melo / Balkman
PF: Martin / Kleiza
C: Nene / Varejao

Both rosters seem vastly improved, even though Cleveland's line up would seem a bit thin (esp at the PF spot), I think AI would bring a LOT of added offense to the Cavs and help with how much weight Lebron is carrying... Wally's huge expiring is also worth a lot, so decent PF's could be had for that contract by midseason.

Thoughts?

LakerzDQ
10-02-2008, 07:13 AM
why would the nuggets do that? AI is a huge expiring as well, they can easily get more value for him. trade away an expiring star for expiring roleplayers? uhh...

NYKnickFanatic
10-02-2008, 07:57 AM

Lebron would have AI by his side, and along with Big Z, they could be a tremendous team.

Denver on the other hand, get a good big in Varejao, a good PG in Gibson, and a decent replacement for AI for the year... at the end of which they would get a $13m expiring to pursue or trade away for someone they like.

Cleveland

Denver

Both rosters seem vastly improved, even though Cleveland's line up would seem a bit thin (esp at the PF spot), I think AI would bring a LOT of added offense to the Cavs and help with how much weight Lebron is carrying... Wally's huge expiring is also worth a lot, so decent PF's could be had for that contract by midseason.

Thoughts?

:laugh2:

Do you think they went to get Williams, to have him come off the bench?

rico
10-02-2008, 08:22 AM
yeah i dont think the nuggets would do that deal. also i dont see wally starting over jr smith or delonte over mo williams heh.

Kyben36
10-02-2008, 08:36 AM
Just give Lebron a team of allstars. I mean, thats what they have been doing.

$ NyC $
10-02-2008, 08:45 AM
would be great 4 the Cavs but suck 4 the Nuggets. If their smart they trade A.I. 4 young players and draft picks. That's how good teams stay good. When your star player is times up, you trade him 4 young up & coming talent and draft picks so you can stay good.

Joshtd1
10-02-2008, 09:49 AM
I dont think it would help the Cavs out that much to be honest. It hasnt worked up in Denver, I dont see it working up in Cleveland. AI need to have the ball in his hands to be affective, just like LBJ does. If anything, the Cavs need to pair LBJ with a good post player.

sixers247
10-02-2008, 09:54 AM
Mo and AI in the backcourt would be horrendous defensively.

Wilson
10-02-2008, 02:28 PM
I dont think it would help the Cavs out that much to be honest. It hasnt worked up in Denver, I dont see it working up in Cleveland. AI need to have the ball in his hands to be affective, just like LBJ does. If anything, the Cavs need to pair LBJ with a good post player.

I've stressed that point over and over about all these situations involving AI, Marbury, Baron Davis and whoever else. Your right about LBJ needing a better post presence though.

Blue Tiger
10-02-2008, 02:47 PM
That could hurt the Cavaliers more than it would help them because Allen isn't going to play any defense. The Carmelo+Allen combo isn't that effective so the LeBron+Allen combo might be the same.

charlsdq7
10-02-2008, 03:09 PM
I think this could work because LJ seems to make his team better by sharing the ball and if he does that with A.I. it might work, oh and LJ is way better then Melo so that alone gives them a better chance....

IndyRealist
10-02-2008, 03:31 PM
Would not work. Mo Williams plays no defense. Allen Iverson plays no defense. Mo Williams + Allen Iverson means that Lebron James would be chasing all the perimeter players around on defense the entire game.

Far too many people think that just adding another offensive player to a team will make them better. There's more to basketball than highlight reels.

sp1derm00
10-02-2008, 03:38 PM
denver would do it because they want to get rid of salary and if ai + melo isn't working... trade away ai for a good post defender and solid all around player in varejao and get the cap space to look around for a good ai replacement after wally's contract is up... or trade away wally's contract for said replacement.

the reason the cavs would do it is because... well, if ai and melo combine to be the best offensive 1-2 punch in the game, imagine ai + lbj... both are very capable passers and 2 of the best offensive threats in the game. the cavs offensive problems are solved almost instantly by pairing these two together, basically guaranteeing at least 55ppg with just two players... replace mo williams with west as the starter (like i did) and you get better defense and a better 3 point shooter.

when ai is out, put mo williams and pavlovic in and you get a good playmaker/scorer paired with a tough defender.

Wilson
10-02-2008, 03:39 PM
Would not work. Mo Williams plays no defense. Allen Iverson plays no defense. Mo Williams + Allen Iverson means that Lebron James would be chasing all the perimeter players around on defense the entire game.

Far too many people think that just adding another offensive player to a team will make them better. There's more to basketball than highlight reels.

Exactly :clap:

sp1derm00
10-02-2008, 03:40 PM

ya, and just because a player is getting paid 8 million doesn't mean you have to start him.

pair ai with west and you get a tough defender that's a good shooter with one of the greatest offensive forces the game has ever seen.

pair mo williams with pavlovic off the bench, and you get another good playmaker/scorer with a tough defender.

JordansBulls
10-02-2008, 03:42 PM

Cleveland

Denver

Thoughts?

For the next 2 years for the Cavs it would be ok, but why would Denver do this?

23LBJCleBrowns
10-02-2008, 03:50 PM
You screwed up the Cavs line-up, Mo will start, and big ben will start. Otherwise the Cavs would NEVER trade Daniel Gibson, unless it was for someone amazing, AI is starting to Decline.

The Trade would be better like this

Cavs in: Allen Iverson

Nuggets in: Wally Szczerbiak, Anderson Varejao, '09 1st rounder, and 2010 2nd rounder.

_Sn1P3r_
10-02-2008, 04:34 PM
I agree. ^

PhillySportFan
10-02-2008, 04:35 PM
Is it just me or are the Cav's a little to guard happy? All they every go for is guards, if you ask me there problem is they have no post game. Big Z is ok but come on get a more athletic type center who can run with LeBron, instead of Big Z slow self. Then they have who Ben Wallace who can't shoot for the life of him and isn't the same defensive player he once was. JJ Hickson? Who know's about this person, I don't know much about him. All I know is they need a 6'10 athletic guy who has a little jumper and a little post game and can run the floor with LeBron. I think thats what would get the Cav's to the next level.

kambion
10-02-2008, 04:52 PM
it wouldnt make sence for the nuggs since they arent getting enough for AI, also, AI cant play with teamates...he might as well play 5 on 1...so it really doesnt make sence for ANY team to hire AI...or trade for him...

btw im a wolves fan, and mchale made the right decision not trading for AI...he is quite possibly the best player with the least drive to acctually win.

HouRealCoach
10-02-2008, 05:19 PM
If Iverson can be pass first and set up offense like BD, Nash, or CP3 then it would be okay for him to play PG but Gibson is no good replacement for Iverson and Williams is there

IversonIsKrazy
10-03-2008, 12:33 AM
cavs can jus sign him next summer.

wally's contract + eric snows contract adds up to $21, they can easily sign ai w/ that.

then they would still have every1 else.

PG: Mo-Will/West
SG: AI/Boobie
SF: LeBron/Sasha
PF: Big Ben/Varejo
C: Big Z/?

DenButsu
10-03-2008, 01:03 AM
The Nuggets already have J.R. Smith, who to me is clearly a superior player to Boobie.

We also have Linas Kleiza, who this season I'm confident will emerge as better than Wally, and gets 1/10 his salary.

We also have the Birdman, who looks to be in great shape (physically and mentally), and can pretty much do all the things Varejao can do for 1/5 the price.

So let's see... we trade our legendary All-Star (whose contract will be off the books at the end of the season anyhow if what we ultimately want is salary relief) for three players who are not only redundant but also inferior to three we already have, and in two cases much more expensive...? Hmmm...

How about... NO?

JayW_1023
10-03-2008, 08:39 AM

Very well said. The Cavs don't need another guard...they need to adress their big man issues...Z is aging and Big Ben is pretty much useless.

Kiss Ma Grits
10-03-2008, 11:01 AM

Cleveland

Denver

Thoughts?

Thank the dear lord that you're not our GM lmao. Danny Ferry wouldn't make this deal in a million years and Iverson can't even help the Nuggets get out of the first round. NO WAY would I trade Daniel Gibson any way unless it's for an proven all star big or proven all star shooting guard. When a guys numbers improve from 4.6 to 10.4 from his rookie year to his sophomore year, you DON'T trade him............at least until you see him reach his full potential. Iverson is nothing more then a show boat who doesn't take his craft serious which explains Denver's shortcomings. Iverson didn't help Denver in the playoffs no more then what Denver had before he got there. They got swepted in the playoffs before A.I. and they got swept with A.I.

No thank you! lmao

BuggZ703
10-03-2008, 11:08 AM
Did someone say AI doesn't play D? You obviously don't watch basketball.

JayW_1023
10-03-2008, 12:06 PM
If you call gambling for steals solid D then I guess AI is a solid defender. But saying he shuts people down...no way.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
10-03-2008, 03:56 PM
good for the cavs but sucks for the nuggets

3RDASYSTEM
10-03-2008, 04:28 PM
Iverson to cavs would be sick, cavs play way better team defense cuz of coach brown comin from spurs system...all yall gotta remember ai was always score first from hoya days to now so all he has to do is give lebron relief, let lebron dominate ball cuz he will give iverson all types of open looks n vice versa..lebron dont need a post man he is the post man...6'8 260 and can drive at will from perimeter,..if i was iverson i would play out yr then go play with one of the big 3 young studs(wade,lebron, or stay wit melo)

Frank Costanza
10-03-2008, 04:39 PM
cleveland is tough to trade with , i dont think they have any peices that most teams would consider moving an all star for, and thats what they want to bring next to lebron, their best bet is let some contracts go , and in the offseason pay for the star they need as a free agent, they should be looking for a dominant pf, not a small guard who isnt a pg, with mo back there they should be in the PF market

nickmacera
10-03-2008, 04:44 PM
that dosnt make any sence we saw that ai can not play with anyone else but himself in denver what would make it any diffrent in clevland

23LBJCleBrowns
10-03-2008, 05:38 PM
The Nuggets already have J.R. Smith, who to me is clearly a superior player to Boobie.

We also have Linas Kleiza, who this season I'm confident will emerge as better than Wally, and gets 1/10 his salary.

We also have the Birdman, who looks to be in great shape (physically and mentally), and can pretty much do all the things Varejao can do for 1/5 the price.

So let's see... we trade our legendary All-Star (whose contract will be off the books at the end of the season anyhow if what we ultimately want is salary relief) for three players who are not only redundant but also inferior to three we already have, and in two cases much more expensive...? Hmmm...

How about... NO?
Smith is not Superior to boobie, Boobie was hurt all of last year.

23LBJCleBrowns
10-03-2008, 05:41 PM
Do you all hate on Cleveland, Too bad were already better than the Nuggets.

You say Mo doesn't play Defense, none of you actually watch him, you just listen to what commentators say. Big Ben is Useless? WHAT?!?!?!? He is a huge threat inside because when you have him inside you can't double-team LeBron. Z is a great player so wshat if he is aging, LeBron is aging and no one is complaining, IMO Z is playing some of the best ball of his life so far. If you guys are going to comment on this at least watch the Cavs and tell me if it would be bad, becasue all you do is come up with ******** reasons.

I think LeBron would make AI a better player, unlike Carmelo who has no influence on his players. I think AI would play harder D only because he is contending for a championship.

DenButsu
10-03-2008, 07:47 PM

Cleveland - 45 wins in a weak-*** East.

Denver - 50 wins in a tough-*** West, with two starters out for the season.

Um, okay.

SUNDUNDIDIT
10-03-2008, 08:12 PM
NUGGETS are better then the CAVS...Sorry!

And NO....Nuggets would not do that trade.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-03-2008, 08:30 PM
WOW your crazy if you think you can give 3 bums to the Nuggets for AI... I agree Bron and AI would great. But, at tha price your giving offering, It won't happen/

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-03-2008, 08:35 PM

You say Mo doesn't play Defense, none of you actually watch him, you just listen to what commentators say. Big Ben is Useless? WHAT?!?!?!? He is a huge threat inside because when you have him inside you can't double-team LeBron. Z is a great player so wshat if he is aging, LeBron is aging and no one is complaining, IMO Z is playing some of the best ball of his life so far. If you guys are going to comment on this at least watch the Cavs and tell me if it would be bad, becasue all you do is come up with ******** reasons.

I think LeBron would make AI a better player, unlike Carmelo who has no influence on his players. I think AI would play harder D only because he is contending for a championship.

WOW.... I can't even remember tha last time Cavs beat tha Nuggets.

Cavs_Fan24
10-03-2008, 08:51 PM
1-AI, LeBron, and Mo would NOT work, absoolutely not.

2-We dont want AI

3-I dont give a **** if we trade Andy and Wally, but its not worth trading Gibson. and any trade involiving him is practically unrelistic because he dont wanna leave and the Cavs aren't willing to give him up.

RapsGuy23
10-03-2008, 09:07 PM
No, no, no. Lebron James needs an elite big not a 15-20 shot a night sg. A few others have already pointed this out but i'll reiterate what IndyRealist said...in fact i'll quote it

"Far too many people think that just adding another offensive player to a team will make them better. There's more to basketball than highlight reels."

So so true. Mo was a good addition to the team and AI would undoubtedly stunt his development (because of AI's need to have the ball in his hand and his tendency to take a lot of shots). But enough said...no need to get in a flap because this trade will never happen

IBleedPurple
10-03-2008, 09:44 PM
would be great 4 the Cavs but suck 4 the Nuggets. If their smart they trade A.I. 4 young players and draft picks. That's how good teams stay good. When your star player is times up, you trade him 4 young up & coming talent and draft picks so you can stay good.

Exactly. This would be a terrible trade for the Nuggets. Worse than the Camby deal.

Why trade for bench guys who wouldn't even be the 6th or 7th men?

IBleedPurple
10-03-2008, 09:47 PM
Smith is not Superior to boobie, Boobie was hurt all of last year.

Smith>>>>>>Boobie

And not only is JR better now, he has more upside as well.

Put the Nuggets in the East, and all our players and team will be overrated too :eyebrow:

redskins30
10-03-2008, 10:05 PM
Im a huge lakers fan but for any of you idiots sayin AI plays no defense u must be watchin somethin different cuz how comes AI has alotta steals in his favor yr in and yr out

cmstophe
10-03-2008, 10:23 PM
Mo Williams plays no defense.

That's because the Bucks don't play defense. Mo will play it, if he wants to play.

THE_FLASH_21
10-03-2008, 10:38 PM
wouldn't work..... for both teams!!!

23LBJCleBrowns
10-03-2008, 11:48 PM
Steals doesn't mean your a good defender.

23LBJCleBrowns
10-03-2008, 11:48 PM
Watch this year the Cavs will be better than the Nuggets, Quote me.

SUNDUNDIDIT
10-04-2008, 12:00 AM
Steals doesn't mean your a good defender.

Then BLOCKS don't either....So Trading Camby being our biggest DEFENSIVE loss, is null and void...

And Nuggets will be better then Cavs and various other teams this year in surprising fashion....QUOTE ME!!

23LBJCleBrowns
10-04-2008, 12:17 AM
No, because steals could be by accident or being at the right place at the right time. All AI does is steals, he is a terrible perimeter defender.

SUNDUNDIDIT
10-04-2008, 12:23 AM
No, because steals could be by accident or being at the right place at the right time. All AI does is steals, he is a terrible perimeter defender.

And all Camby did was block....Mainly because he stood around, because he was too fragile to guard a Center in the post....Camby was easily pushed around, and when he went against players like Duncan, and Shaq, he would get manhandled!!!

All of these halfway observers keep claimin that we lost our biggest DEFENSIVE asset because we got rid of Camby, when Camby wasn't physical enough to be that GREAT OF A DEFENDER...Nobody understands, they just assume BLOCKS translates into GREAT DEFENSE, and think Nuggets can't play better D with a more physical player with Nene.

cahawk
10-04-2008, 03:10 AM
I would love to see AI & Lebron together.
Awesome to watch.
If Clevland didn't have to give away the store, then let that trade happen.

DenButsu
10-04-2008, 06:14 AM
Watch this year the Cavs will be better than the Nuggets, Quote me.

I'll see your quote and raise you one sig bet:

The Nuggets play the Cavs on November 13th in Cleveland.

One week sig bet (11/13 - 11/20), loser must wear sig of winner's choice. Nugs win, I win, Cavs win, you win.

Deal?

23LBJCleBrowns
10-04-2008, 12:35 PM
Deal, but will you put it in ur sig my sig has no space. lol

$ NyC $
10-04-2008, 01:09 PM
Deal, but will you put it in ur sig my sig has no space. lol

Damn my man...Vegas would go crazy over you

those are a lotta bets lol

23LBJCleBrowns
10-04-2008, 01:19 PM
I know, but I would be making lots of money!

Beno7500
10-04-2008, 01:52 PM
no

IndyRealist
10-04-2008, 04:40 PM
And all Camby did was block....Mainly because he stood around, because he was too fragile to guard a Center in the post....Camby was easily pushed around, and when he went against players like Duncan, and Shaq, he would get manhandled!!!

All of these halfway observers keep claimin that we lost our biggest DEFENSIVE asset because we got rid of Camby, when Camby wasn't physical enough to be that GREAT OF A DEFENDER...Nobody understands, they just assume BLOCKS translates into GREAT DEFENSE, and think Nuggets can't play better D with a more physical player with Nene.

Statistical analysis of the top centers in '07-'08:
http://www.wagesofwins.com/15C0708.html
a WP48 (wins produced per 48 minutes) of .100 is the average NBA player, .200 is extremely productive. Camby has a .365

SUNDUNDIDIT
10-04-2008, 06:33 PM
Statistical analysis of the top centers in '07-'08:
http://www.wagesofwins.com/15C0708.html
a WP48 (wins produced per 48 minutes) of .100 is the average NBA player, .200 is extremely productive. Camby has a .365

Wins produced???? So Camby produced all the wins by himself???

mrblisterdundee
10-04-2008, 06:47 PM
It would be a bum deal for the Nuggets, but I think Allen Iverson would complement LeBron pretty well. Iverson and Williams are both combo guards, and would probably form the deadliest backcourt in the NBA. That trade would also leave the Cavaliers with three guys that all know how to distribute the ball and score, to go along with the rest of their crappy team.

The Nuggets, though, would never agree as there is nothing good coming out of Cleveland.

hockeypro68
10-04-2008, 07:00 PM
I dont think the nuggets would do this. But if it were to happen, Cavs would be favorites in the East if you ask me.

blacknell
10-04-2008, 07:06 PM
yea that might make them a championship team

bogdanrom
10-04-2008, 07:13 PM

Cleveland

Denver

Thoughts?

First Mo Williams would definitely start over West and second of all Denver would never ever do this trade.

Lebron23
10-04-2008, 08:52 PM
I rather have Vince Carter because he's taller, and 3 years younger than Allen Iverson.