PDA

View Full Version : Starting lineup?

The Magic Man
10-01-2008, 07:17 PM
I read a article on the espn board it said that coach van gundy was using c.lee and turkoglu at point and shooting guard on the court at the same time, and that got me thinking of a starting lineup that would give us the best chance to win games.

pg: C.Lee
sg: Turkoglu
sf: R.Lewis
pf: Battie
c: SUPERMAN
6th man of the year J.Nelson

I think c.lee is a better playmaker than nelson at the point and he would get Dwight more involved with him and turk handling the rock.

(J.Nelson is better suited to come off the bench and gives us scoring)
We also would solve our problem at forward because Rashard would move back to his natural position.
Bench
p:nelson
sg:bogans
sf:pietrus
pf:cook
c:gortat

MAC10TIZZY
10-02-2008, 04:30 PM
i like your attitude!!!!!!!!!!! but dont agree
cook is a monster and should split time with battie

MAC10TIZZY
10-02-2008, 04:30 PM
i missed a comma up there!!!!!!!!

DragOn2
10-02-2008, 04:33 PM
^^ niice starting line

JNore151
10-02-2008, 04:36 PM
co-sign..except on nelson..he should start...he desevers another chance..

Lundbelievable
10-03-2008, 02:18 PM
I read a article on the espn board it said that coach van gundy was using c.lee and turkoglu at point and shooting guard on the court at the same time, and that got me thinking of a starting lineup that would give us the best chance to win games.

pg: C.Lee
sg: Turkoglu
sf: R.Lewis
pf: Battie
c: SUPERMAN
6th man of the year J.Nelson

I think c.lee is a better playmaker than nelson at the point and he would get Dwight more involved with him and turk handling the rock.

(J.Nelson is better suited to come off the bench and gives us scoring)
We also would solve our problem at forward because Rashard would move back to his natural position.
Bench
p:nelson
sg:bogans
sf:pietrus
pf:cook
c:gortat

I don't understand why you would start Lee at PG when he's JUST LEARNING HOW TO PLAY THE POSITION. He was a SG his whole college career. You don't learn the pg position in a month; it takes a GREAT RELATIVELY DEAL OF TIME. ESPECIALLY for a rookie. Rather, I think the team would be most effective this way:

PG: Nelson
SG: Pietrus
SF: Lewis
PF: Battie
C: Howard

Why?

We just spent nearly 25 million on Pietrus. We didn't spend that on him to be a bench player; he's gonna be starting- no question.

Furthermore, this line-up does two(2) additional things: (1)It allows Lewis to return to his natural SF position (2)It allows Turkoglu to be the focal point of our offense when some of the starters go to the bench. He can still play 30+ minutes a game, a la Ginobili and Barbosa, its just that he'd be doing it from the bench. Therefore, we would always have offensive firepower at all times.

From there, you would have Gortat, Foyle and Cook battle for time behind Howard and Battie, Bogans and Redick could fight for the backup SG position along w/ Lee(who might play a little PG as well) and Johnson and Wilks will find playing time behind Nelson.

DragOn2
10-03-2008, 04:02 PM
^all in all very good points, cant wait for monday to check out what the roster looks like in real life. Reading all this has got me ready for the season.