PDA

View Full Version : Vince Carter

batman8040
10-01-2008, 02:15 PM
Why is everyone so fascinated with us getting Carter? He is well past his prime, he is consistently hurt it seems his production is not there anymore. Hey lets sign Vince Carter who has an outrageous contract and give up a first rounder. Nothing like waste more cap space. You are all idiots for wanting carter to come here.

23LBJCleBrowns
10-01-2008, 02:57 PM
Well, I think LeBron could get Vince Carter to try his hardest. If we could get VC playing his hardest we really would have a chance of winning it all.

airjesus50
10-01-2008, 03:59 PM
Yo batman stop hating on VC... it's not Vince fault he just can't not work with the Nets offense that well... and plus Nets are not contenders... Imagine him with LeBron and Mo that would be sick...

23LBJCleBrowns
10-01-2008, 05:18 PM
VC, Mo, and Bron Bron would be the new big three, but better.

EdTheRevelator
10-01-2008, 07:28 PM
We don't want VC. He's a cancer. Cancers are bad. They kill teams.

batman8040
10-01-2008, 07:32 PM
vince has an ugly contract and lw productivity and we dont want that

Sbank
10-01-2008, 07:58 PM
We don't want VC. He's a cancer. Cancers are bad. They kill teams.

He does that and he might give it all when playing. Plus he chokes in the pressure situations.

vince has an ugly contract and lw productivity and we dont want that

I know I has a bad contract and he not going to be that good for the later of the contract. I against trading for him.

CLEistheCITY
10-01-2008, 07:59 PM
Finally some one with some sense. Here's a few reasons that VC wouldn't work:

1. His contract is ugly, and stretches past the summer of 2010. Would you really rather be spending that money on VC or going after one of the guys available that summer?

2. He has a history of being selfish, caring more about numbers than winning and defense. He certainly wouldn't fit into the structure and mentality of Mike Brown's system. Even on offense, he wouldn't spread the floor. Teams would just collapse into the paint more. I really don't think he would make things any easier on Bron.

3. The Cavs don't need another guard. The Cavs are thin up front, but have a glut of guards. There's no way the Cavs move AV without getting a big in return, because they'd be relying on Z and Big Ben to play 40 minutes a night. Yes, VC would be an upgrade over what we've got at SG, but if Sasha plays like he did two years ago, he'll be good enough.

Depending on where we stand at the deadline, the Cavs can make a big move, but I don't think this is it.

celticfan
10-01-2008, 09:03 PM
Well, I think LeBron could get Vince Carter to try his hardest. If we could get VC playing his hardest we really would have a chance of winning it all.

How many players would you have on your team? Vince + Leborn= alot of money

23LBJCleBrowns
10-01-2008, 09:34 PM
Mo, Z, Ben Wallace, Delonte Boobie.

The Magic Man
10-01-2008, 09:44 PM
CLEistheCITY you said vince carter is SELFISH!!! are you crazy or what have you ever watch carter play with the nets he is the most unselfish player on the team when kidd left he was like the point guard of the team he got players involved and he was critisized for being too unselfish by nba analyst's.

You do not know much about basketball or players.

Sbank
10-01-2008, 11:39 PM
CLEistheCITY you said vince carter is SELFISH!!! are you crazy or what have you ever watch carter play with the nets he is the most unselfish player on the team when kidd left he was like the point guard of the team he got players involved and he was critisized for being too unselfish by nba analyst's.

You do not know much about basketball or players.

It's his reputation that everyone goes by and he is selfish. He opted out of his contract to get a :censored: money last off season. He didn't try near the end of the run with the raptors. He not a team player.

batman8040
10-02-2008, 10:25 AM
i dont want a washed up VC in 2010-2011 when i can have an amare, D-Wade, or Bosh

23LBJCleBrowns
10-02-2008, 10:34 AM
I want Bosh or Amare, but when does Vince's copntract expire?

batman8040
10-02-2008, 10:49 AM
i believe a year after those guys are available. If we trade for vince, we handcuff ourselves for signing one of those guys

Sbank
10-02-2008, 02:32 PM
I want Bosh or Amare, but when does Vince's copntract expire?

with out the team option 2010/2011 season but with the team option it's 2011/2012 season.

Player Position Contract Terms
Vince Carter Guard/Forward 2007/08: $13.0 million, 2008/09: $15.2 million, 2009/10: $16.3 million, 2010/11: $17.3 million, 2011/12: $18.0 million (Team Option)

rotoworld (http://rotoworld.com/content/clubhouse_contracts.aspx?sport=NBA&majteam=NJ)

Sbank
10-02-2008, 02:33 PM
i believe a year after those guys are available. If we trade for vince, we handcuff ourselves for signing one of those guys

I agree. I rather have one of those guys then have a washed up Vince Carter.

batman8040
10-02-2008, 09:00 PM
i am sure vince will be well worth the 18 mil that he can make the last year of his contract

Cavs_Fan24
10-02-2008, 09:10 PM
I agree. I rather have one of those guys then have a washed up Vince Carter.

But I'd rather have Carter, a championship, and LeBron James locked up then have on of those guys.

Sbank
10-02-2008, 09:47 PM
But I'd rather have Carter, a championship, and LeBron James locked up then have on of those guys.

Carter doesn't guaranty a championship. Carter only plays good on offense he sucks on defense. I rather have have someone like a Bosh or Amare that be good for more years and won't demand that high of a contract that Carter has.

batman8040
10-03-2008, 10:50 AM
since vince guarantees us a championship, how many has vince won so far?

Sbank
10-03-2008, 07:21 PM

I don't think he has one yet.

Cavs_Fan24
10-03-2008, 09:02 PM

Vince has been on mediocre teams in the past, he basically had to do everything himself and besides, if he and LeBron were on the same team, we'd be the best team in the East.

BTW, you guys still dont seem to understand, he's a veteran, he knows he's running out of time to win a title. If he does come here, he will play D, he will be unselfish, and he won't only get us a title, he could keep LeBron in Cleveland. As Long as we win the title, or at least get to the Finals in the next 2 years, then why would LeBron leave a contender? I agree, I'd rather have Amare or Bosh also, but, I'd rather have LeBron James then have any, or both of them.

IMO