PDA

View Full Version : Jordan on Kobe...WOW!

PROPHETof TRUTH
10-01-2008, 03:10 AM
On Tueday, September 30, Bobcats Insider aired a special edition with Bobcats Managing Member of Basketball Operations Michael Jordan on WMYT MyTV 12. Jordan talked openly with Bobcats Television play-by-play announcer Matt Devlin and Television inquirer Alvaro Diaz about his decision to invest in the Bobcats, his role in Charlotte and his vision for the future.

The following is the transcript of the interview with Michael Jordan:

Matt Devlin: Welcome to Bobcats Insider, Iím Matt Devlin. Over the next half hour, Iíll go one-on-one with an owner of the Charlotte Bobcats who also happens to be a North Carolina native and a Tar Heel legend by bringing the University of North Carolina the 1982 national title. He dominated the NBA for over a decade, guiding his Chicago Bulls to six NBA championships while capturing six NBA Finals MVPís. He was a five-time NBA MVP, a 14-time All Star and the greatest player who ever played the game, or is He, Michael Jordan is an iconic figure whose drive and determination has led him to the pinnacle of his profession and the entire sports world, so it was surprising nontheless when Jordan was asked who he thought was the best player in the world today, Jordan glared for a minute and awnsered, qoute on quote "i'm still the best" but then an a subdivided voice said "all jokes aside I think Kobe is, Kobe has brought something to the game that I honestly thought would never be possible since I left, Kobe's Stardom has surpass anything that I could have ever dreamed of in my career, I mean he is a true Icon and the best thing that could of ever happen to the game of Basketball in my opinion.".......................................

WOW!

Kyle N.
10-01-2008, 03:16 AM
:puke:

Leftcoast_yg
10-01-2008, 03:26 AM
amen...dont hate congratulate...seriously dont hate save ur comments0.

DreamShaker
10-01-2008, 03:29 AM
Kobe is the best player in the world right now....he proved it in the Finals....

:hide:

DreamShaker
10-01-2008, 03:30 AM
I'm kidding....I do think Kobe is the best player in the world right now....it's not really close....

chadtx01
10-01-2008, 03:40 AM
If Jordan played in this day and age theres a good chance he would be as big if not bigger than Kobe. The game has gone global now. They are broadcasting games all over the place, and with the influx of foreign talent, more people are following the game.

I dont think Jordans comments are saying he thinks Kobe is better. Jordan is still the best ever IMO, but Kobe is the best today.

Kyle N.
10-01-2008, 03:45 AM
amen...dont hate congratulate...seriously dont hate save ur comments0.

Yeah, I know. Seriously, I'm not really a hater. Kobe is the best player in the world right now, maybe not of all time, but right now. I'm not going to lie to myself. But it's written into my DNA to hate and critisize it so there's not much I can do about that. If I was born in LA I'd be telling a different story.

lakersinNY
10-01-2008, 03:53 AM
great find, MJ knows wzup

rico
10-01-2008, 03:56 AM
i want a link...

i think jordan was being a little TOO nice if he said that... kobe hasnt surpassed jordan in any aspect i dont think. great player yes, arguably the best in the game right now (i still think lebron has him already), but yeah.

Chronz
10-01-2008, 04:09 AM
I was expecting to hear MJ say Kobe was better than him, nothing really new about this, the game is more widespread but I think MJ is selling himself short.

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-01-2008, 04:19 AM
I was expecting to hear MJ say Kobe was better than him, nothing really new about this, the game is more widespread but I think MJ is selling himself short.

True, I think MJ is well known across the globe even still. Kobe has the benefit of playing in an age where basketball is being played all over the world. Television touches all parts of the globe. Its going to continue to happen for the next great player. MJ got more publicity than Wilt cause the game popularity grew as well as a little thing called ESPN. Kobe might be pumped out there more than MJ cause the game is global, as well as t.v and the Internet. The next super star might be having some away games in Europe in 15 years and he will be an even bigger icon. Its just goes with the times. I dont think it has anything to do with Kobe being better than MJ

ertanozgur
10-01-2008, 05:25 AM
KOBE is the best ever ..no doubt about it

NFLNBA
10-01-2008, 05:47 AM
As much as i hate Kobe, when his career is over i think he will be known as the best to play the game! Everyone says what if Jordan played now days in his prime.....todays athlets are better with generation, stronger, jump higher, i really think Kobe would out due Jordan. Listen im a kings fan and grew up loving Jordan and he will always be my favorite player all time, but i have to be honest. Kobe Bryant gets a lot of **** and i love it but they guy cant ever do right. He shoots to much, he doesnt shoot enough **** i wouldnt know when to shhot either or get my teamates envolved. Also yes he lost in the Finals but you watched the Finals Kobe was always doubled by great defending team. Odom is not consistant and Pau just got pushed around, i really believe with a healthy Bynum in the Finals Kobe would have 4 rings right now. I respect the man, but i gotta hate him he butt raped my Kings

Lakersfan2483
10-01-2008, 05:52 AM
On Tueday, September 30, Bobcats Insider aired a special edition with Bobcats Managing Member of Basketball Operations Michael Jordan on WMYT MyTV 12. Jordan talked openly with Bobcats Television play-by-play announcer Matt Devlin and Television inquirer Alvaro Diaz about his decision to invest in the Bobcats, his role in Charlotte and his vision for the future.

The following is the transcript of the interview with Michael Jordan:

Matt Devlin: Welcome to Bobcats Insider, I’m Matt Devlin. Over the next half hour, I’ll go one-on-one with an owner of the Charlotte Bobcats who also happens to be a North Carolina native and a Tar Heel legend by bringing the University of North Carolina the 1982 national title. He dominated the NBA for over a decade, guiding his Chicago Bulls to six NBA championships while capturing six NBA Finals MVP’s. He was a five-time NBA MVP, a 14-time All Star and the greatest player who ever played the game, or is He, Michael Jordan is an iconic figure whose drive and determination has led him to the pinnacle of his profession and the entire sports world, so it was surprising nontheless when Jordan was asked who he thought was the best player in the world today, Jordan glared for a minute and awnsered, qoute on quote "i'm still the best" but then an a subdivided voice said "all jokes aside I think Kobe is, Kobe has brought something to the game that I honestly thought would never be possible since I left, Kobe's Stardom has surpass anything that I could have ever dreamed of in my career, I mean he is a true Icon and the best thing that could of ever happen to the game of Basketball in my opinion.".......................................

WOW!

MJ is being modest, he transcended the game of basketball like no other. Before MJ, there was Magic, Bird, Dr. J, Wilt, Baylor, Kareem, and West and so forth. MJ was and is the brightest star in basketball history. I don't think anyone has meant more to the game than Michael.

As far as Kobe is concerned, MJ is correct in saying Kobe is the best player in the world. Kobe has most of the qualities MJ possessed as a basketball player. It's good to hear MJ giving Kobe some respect, I think MJ knows just how much work Kobe puts into being the best. Michael had that type of work ethic, Kobe learned from him. Good article.

JayW_1023
10-01-2008, 05:53 AM
MJ was measuring Kobe's stardom with his, not Kobe's skills. Jordans prime still beats Kobe's by a mile. In Jordans era, most teams were at least half decent defensively. Nowadays only a handful of NBA team value defense.

LakeShowRaider
10-01-2008, 05:59 AM
GAME RECOGNIZE GAME and ALL YOU HATER SHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Musiq
10-01-2008, 07:55 AM
MJ was measuring Kobe's stardom with his, not Kobe's skills. Jordans prime still beats Kobe's by a mile.

I still don't think Kobe has surpassed MJ in talent or in stardom; afterall MJ was (kind of) responsible for the NBA being popular in the 90's; i don't think the league has recovered since his departure

With all due respect to KB, MJ is still easily the best player i've ever seen

NYKnickFanatic
10-01-2008, 08:18 AM
i want a link...

i think jordan was being a little TOO nice if he said that... kobe hasnt surpassed jordan in any aspect i dont think. great player yes, arguably the best in the game right now (i still think lebron has him already), but yeah.

Yeah, where is the link at?

Looks like you just wrote that...:rolleyes:

And plus, LeBron is the best. :D

NYKnickFanatic
10-01-2008, 08:19 AM
GAME RECOGNIZE GAME and ALL YOU HATER SHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

And you looking unfamiliar.

Vidball
10-01-2008, 08:27 AM
I want a link---this really doesn't sound like MJ at all. MJ always gives Kobe his props and has called him the best current player in the game on several occasions, but I don't think MJ would say these things. No link, no story.

JordansBulls
10-01-2008, 08:29 AM
I want a link---this really doesn't sound like MJ at all. MJ always gives Kobe his props and has called him the best current player in the game on several occasions, but I don't think MJ would say these things. No link, no story.

Everyone knows MJ and Kobe are good friends and how each would compliment one another. But everyone knows the rules here, provide a link when you quote something.