PDA

View Full Version : Starless League who wins?

SAVAGE CLAW
10-01-2008, 01:05 AM
OK imagine some strange alien disease lands in Usa and attacks only the LEADER of each team and they have to sit out the whole season, No Lebron, no Kobe, No Garnett, No Ming, No Melo, etc etc.

How much would the league change?

Who do you think would make the Playoffs?

Win the ring?

GSW fan
10-01-2008, 01:11 AM
leugue would be complely diferent
Celtics. they have two stars still

pete_one
10-01-2008, 01:14 AM
charlotte bobcats no doubt!

SAVAGE CLAW
10-01-2008, 01:15 AM
A lot of teams woudl still have two stars not only Celtics.

AllTheWay
10-01-2008, 01:57 AM
Celtics, Pierce/allen, or KG/ Allen is still pretty good

Spurs with Manu and Parker

Lakers with tha frontcourt of Odom, Bynum, Pau

Rockets still have Tracy and Artest

and so on and so on

Vidball
10-01-2008, 02:04 AM
I would have to go with DET, LAL, BOS or HOU

Kyle N.
10-01-2008, 02:24 AM
I'd say for last season the Celtics still would have won. I don't know about this season. There's been some big trades and signings and I don't know how the teams will gel yet.

rainmanegbert2
10-01-2008, 02:45 AM
lakers wouldnt win anything without KOBE! SORRY! ha. obviously the rockets wouldnt without yao because they didnt even come close last year! (and PLEASE dont think artest makes the HUGE of difference to maek them go from first round loss to championship contender)....PISTONS and CELTICS would be the two best teams. maybe phoenix cause t would still have nash or amare and they already proved they can go pretty far without amare. and i guess the raptors could jermaine oneal and calderon became a great combo.

DreamShaker
10-01-2008, 02:46 AM
Celtics would be the best team....

chadtx01
10-01-2008, 03:47 AM
lakers wouldnt win anything without KOBE! SORRY! ha. obviously the rockets wouldnt without yao because they didnt even come close last year! (and PLEASE dont think artest makes the HUGE of difference to maek them go from first round loss to championship contender)....PISTONS and CELTICS would be the two best teams. maybe phoenix cause t would still have nash or amare and they already proved they can go pretty far without amare. and i guess the raptors could jermaine oneal and calderon became a great combo.

Without Yao, the Rockets still won 12 games in a row and took the Jazz to 7 games, so to say they didnt come close to winning anything last year is stupid.

Take the same team that was on the floor in the Utah series and add Artest, Dorsey and Brent Barry. Seems like they would be pretty strong.

I've got news for you too, Shaq isnt the star of the Suns. The player you would take out of the lineup would be Amare, and the Celtics would still be strong, but when they lose Garnett, they lose the heart of the team.

njnets
10-01-2008, 02:38 PM
trailblazers. no real stars, great amount of players on it.

Sixerlover
10-01-2008, 02:42 PM
Rockets would still be pretty beastly.

Same with the Lakers. As long as that "star" has a solid backup, then the other stars on that team could fill the points void.

Wake's Fastball
10-01-2008, 02:51 PM
trailblazers. no real stars, great amount of players on it.

On the same spectrum though, if you take Roy away from that team, they don't have a go-to scorer, or anything close to it. They've got a bunch of very nice players who are going to be able to take that role in the future, but I don't see them being great sans Roy.

The Wizards' past success without Arenas has to throw them into the conversation as well.

GhostoLaneK
10-01-2008, 04:08 PM
Its hard to go with the C's just because KG really makes that team tick. The nba is such a super star league that it is so hard to predict. I would go with the Lakers

_Sn1P3r_
10-01-2008, 04:19 PM
I say Lakers or Boston.

rhino17
10-01-2008, 04:22 PM
Rockets would still be pretty good, but they may play small ball

C: Luis Scola
PF: Ron Artest
SF: Shane Battier
SG: Tracy McGrady
PG: Rafer Alston

JordansBulls
10-01-2008, 04:25 PM
OK imagine some strange alien disease lands in Usa and attacks only the LEADER of each team and they have to sit out the whole season, No Lebron, no Kobe, No Garnett, No Ming, No Melo, etc etc.

How much would the league change?

Who do you think would make the Playoffs?

Win the ring?

Celtics would be good still they still have Pierce and Ray.
The Lakers could be good depending on Bynum. Gasol and Odom with Phil Jackson is still good enough to get to the playoffs.

The Rockets would need someone to play Center.

Denver wouldn't be good at all.

The Cavs would be about as good as the Heat.

DreamShaker
10-01-2008, 04:26 PM
Rockets would still be pretty good, but they may play small ball

C: Luis Scola
PF: Ron Artest
SF: Shane Battier
SG: Tracy McGrady
PG: Rafer Alston

I would say:

C: Scola
PF: Landry
SF: Artest
SG: T-Mac
PG: Rafer

Hawkeye15
10-01-2008, 10:03 PM
Detroit. Whether you take out Billups or Rip, they still have Stuckey to step in. Easy choice, Rockets 2nd

chadtx01
10-01-2008, 11:04 PM
I would say:

C: Scola
PF: Landry
SF: Artest
SG: T-Mac
PG: Rafer

They would still have The Ageless Wonder, Dikembe "The Cookie Monster" Mutumbo to play center a few minute a night.

They'll resign him and I cant wait to see that finger wag at least one more time.

No fly in house of Mutumbo....

LakerzDQ
10-02-2008, 03:23 AM
Detroit pistons would still be decent.
Billups is their star pg, and if you take him out, you still have a decent team.

Rasheed Wallace
McDyess/Maxiell
Tayshaun Prince
Rip Hamilton
Rodney Stuckey

this is pretty good. Defensively, they'll still be good, and they still got some people who can score.

lakers?
Andrew Bynum
Pau Gasol
Lamar Odom
Sasha Vujacic
Derek Fisher

the thing is, there's no one here who can create offense. perhaps Odom or Gasol, but there's no PG.

sp1derm00
10-02-2008, 04:25 AM
the Lakers would be in awesome position because of the depth of the team.

Odom might be used as trade bait to get someone like ben gordon from the bulls to replace kobe.

fish/farmar
gordon/sasha
ariza/luke/radman
pau/powell
bynum/mihm

..................... looks amazing, especially with each team missing their best player.

LakerzDQ
10-02-2008, 04:39 AM
the Lakers would be in awesome position because of the depth of the team.

Odom might be used as trade bait to get someone like ben gordon from the bulls to replace kobe.

fish/farmar
gordon/sasha
ariza/luke/radman
pau/powell
bynum/mihm

..................... looks amazing, especially with each team missing their best player.

haha, that works, if we're allowed to trade.

michaellui11
10-02-2008, 05:41 AM
portland hands down