PDA

View Full Version : Bucks goal is to improve not playoffs

AirJordanXVIII
09-30-2008, 10:35 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=800617

I dont really like this "goal"... I think you should always aim for the playoffs no matter what.

EC Raider
10-10-2008, 07:37 AM
I guess I would be happy if the interest was to be above .500. In the east, that is a playoff team. They do need to get respectability back, Jefferson should help that.

We don't get the Bucks in this end of the state on FSN, so I haven't seen the Bucks play in a long time. They are on the radio 40% of the time.

Cracka2HI!
10-10-2008, 09:26 PM
^ WOW thats worse then the Clippers. Like %160 worse.

Lundbelievable
10-12-2008, 06:36 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=800617

I dont really like this "goal"... I think you should always aim for the playoffs no matter what.

Naah, I think that they're just being realistic. You don't wanna let ur fans have too great expectations, and fail them miserably.

BaRRySandAmaN
10-12-2008, 07:34 PM
If they were in the West then I would say yeah this is what you need to say but being in the East this has no meaning. They will be improved as long as they learn how to play team defense.

PhxGiant
10-15-2008, 07:30 PM
Celtics
76ers
Magic
Pistons
Cavs
Raptors

In no particular order those are who I have as the top 6 seeds in the east.

The Wizards are done IMO.

Hawks
Bucks
Nets
Bulls
Heat

Assuming the Hawks improve from last year and take the 7th seed, then you guys are looking good fighting for that 8th seed. What i'm trying to say is the Bucks have a good chance at making the playoffs.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-16-2008, 03:12 AM
nice

Brew Crew
10-16-2008, 10:43 AM
Naah, I think that they're just being realistic. You don't wanna let ur fans have too great expectations, and fail them miserably.

Correct...Because what exactly did Larry Harris do? Say we'd have this amazing team year after year...and look at what happened.

spazzmccrory
10-17-2008, 03:20 AM
Come on it's basketball Most players are close to the same talent wise, this sport is all about cemestry and coaching, it is a huge possibilty we make 6,7,or 8th seed. (sorry can't spell)

cameroncrazies2
10-19-2008, 01:37 AM
I don't mind it. The Bucks are a young team searching for an identity. Considering we have 6 new rotation players and 10 new players overall I think it's realistic to think they just need to improve first. Two of the most important players (point guard and swing man) on the floor are the two newest players to the team, and the fact that the East is much tougher this year, it's tough to think the playoffs are a possibility. I have the Bucks projected at 36-38 wins. If they set a goal for the playoffs, that's a high mark and if they don't make it, the season will be claimed as a disappointment and fans will start calling for the head of Skiles and new GM John Hammond which is a horrible way to start a new era.

futureman
11-03-2008, 06:47 PM
The playoffs shouldn't be an unattainable goal when your in the eastern conference.