PDA

View Full Version : Why so happy?

SAVAGE CLAW
09-30-2008, 09:49 PM
I just read Nba.com profile from the Blazers this year and i just found out some data i hadnt considered before and that should scare the hell out of everybody in Portland.

And no im not Talking about the Archfamous, Bowie-Jordan forever haunting song.

This is the Story:

Blazers have been graced Four times with a #1 Pick.

Lets see what have they done with that picks.

LARUE MARTIN: A promising Center that they thought could lead them into promised land.....
He is considered as the worst first pick ever, at least he was until Kwame,i sitll think he is he was out of the league at age 25.

BILL WALTON: He was the one who was supposed to take Kareems torech and carry it into the final 70s and first half of the 80s, he even started with a promising feature, a Ring, but it was a mirage his Knees failed him over and over, even his first year as a blazer ended too soon because of Injuries, he stil made the hall of fame basically because he won rings with Blazers and as a very Important ROLE player on the Celtics, but he never was the player Blazers thought were drafting.

MYCHAEL THOMPSON:

Ok the Hype was not as High as in Waltons case, but still you expect 20/10 from 1st pick centers, he did it once in his third season but ever since there it was downhill until 15/7 territory, lots of outside of the court trouble, they ended trading him to San Antonio, he later became a very reliable back up for the back to back Lakers, but thats it.

GREG ODEN:

First Credentials .... a blank year injured.......

I wouldnt smile so broad....

Beno7500
09-30-2008, 10:24 PM
Ya too much hype for Portland

pete_one
09-30-2008, 11:47 PM
BILL WALTON, a true Blazer - Pun intended!

JordansBulls
09-30-2008, 11:52 PM
I just read Nba.com profile from the Blazers this year and i just found out some data i hadnt considered before and that should scare the hell out of everybody in Portland.

This is the Story:

LARUE MARTIN: A promising Center that they thought could lead them into promised land.....
He is considered as the worst first pick ever, at least he was until Kwame,i sitll think he is he was out of the league at age 25.

BILL WALTON: He was the one who was supposed to take Kareems torech and carry it into the final 70s and first half of the 80s, he even started with a promising feature, a Ring, but it was a mirage his Knees failed him over and over, even his first year as a blazer ended too soon because of Injuries, he stil made the hall of fame basically because he won rings with Blazers and as a very Important ROLE player on the Celtics, but he never was the player Blazers thought were drafting.

MYCHAEL THOMPSON:

Ok the Hype was not as High as in Waltons case, but still you expect 20/10 from 1st pick centers, he did it once in his third season but ever since there it was downhill until 15/7 territory, lots of outside of the court trouble, they ended trading him to San Antonio, he later became a very reliable back up for the back to back Lakers, but thats it.

GREG ODEN:

Yeah, we have to wait to see about Oden. Even if he is a bust they still have Roy and Aldridge as part of the future.

oshea225
09-30-2008, 11:56 PM
history's history man. that was then, this is now. oden's a different player than all those guys. i hate these kind of things (example - watching espn, they're like "who wins between team a and b" "well i think team a wins because they won in their previous matchup in 1998" guess what? ten years ago buddy).

SAVAGE CLAW
10-01-2008, 01:01 AM
^History Matters Ask the Lakers they seem to need to go to the W.C every five minutes when they play the Celtics in the finals.

Jay22Redd
10-01-2008, 02:07 AM
history's history man. that was then, this is now. oden's a different player than all those guys. i hate these kind of things (example - watching espn, they're like "who wins between team a and b" "well i think team a wins because they won in their previous matchup in 1998" guess what? ten years ago buddy).

Agreed. I dislike how specs talk about the past and future players being alike but sometimes its true. sometimes history does repeat itself

Kyle N.
10-01-2008, 02:35 AM
What happened back then doesn't dictate what happens now and past events are meant to be broken. And isn't the point of drafting a guy to win you a championship? That's what Bill Walton did, so I wouldn't be complaining. But otherwise, oh wow, a couple bad picks, every team makes them. You might as well tell the Heat they should have given up against Dallas because the odds were against them. Miami wasn't scared, and Portland shouldn't be either.

Hellcrooner
10-01-2008, 10:10 AM
^History Matters Ask the Lakers they seem to need to go to the W.C every five minutes when they play the Celtics in the finals.

Yeah bad officiatin grepeats itself over and over when the White guys favourites are in the finals.

Wilson
10-01-2008, 10:18 AM

This is the Story:

MYCHAEL THOMPSON:

GREG ODEN:

Who were the other players to come out of those drafts? To truly be the biggest bust, your team has to have missed out on a very good player (Michael Jordan, for instance).

LakerzDQ
10-01-2008, 10:31 AM

Yeah bad officiatin grepeats itself over and over when the White guys favourites are in the finals.

should be glad that the lakers have the most white guys in the NBA then, huh?

_Sn1P3r_
10-01-2008, 04:35 PM
Interesting to see that. Guess now we'll just wait and see. In Portland's case, hope that history doesn't repeat itself.

bogdanrom
10-01-2008, 04:36 PM
What happened in the past doesn't really matter now.Especially if it was a different management. Plus these things are all predictions. Only time will tell who's right or wrong.

23LBJCleBrowns
10-01-2008, 05:03 PM
I would be happy if I were the Trail Blazers, look at how they have built there team with young players.

SAVAGE CLAW
10-01-2008, 09:24 PM
Who were the other players to come out of those drafts? To truly be the biggest bust, your team has to have missed out on a very good player (Michael Jordan, for instance)....

Interesting Point.

Well here you are the players passed by in those drafts.

1972, They passed on BOB MCADOO,(DR J)!!!!JULIUS ERVING. God they passed BOTH on MJ and DR J :cry:

1974 They passed on Bobby Jones,Brian Winters,Tom Burleson. Wow Crappy Draft...

1978 They Passed on , Michael Ray Richardson,LARRY BIRD!!!!!!!!!, Reggie Theus,.

Oh Sweet Lord, they could have taken Dr J, they could have Taken Larry Bird and they Could have taken Jordan.

This Franchise is CURSED.!!!!!

Wilson
10-02-2008, 09:13 AM

Interesting Point.

Well here you are the players passed by in those drafts.

1972, They passed on BOB MCADOO,(DR J)!!!!JULIUS ERVING. God they passed BOTH on MJ and DR J :cry:

1974 They passed on Bobby Jones,Brian Winters,Tom Burleson. Wow Crappy Draft...

1978 They Passed on , Michael Ray Richardson,LARRY BIRD!!!!!!!!!, Reggie Theus,.

Oh Sweet Lord, they could have taken Dr J, they could have Taken Larry Bird and they Could have taken Jordan.

This Franchise is CURSED.!!!!!

:laugh2:

To be fair though, if they had drafted Dr J, they probably wouldn't have been in position to draft Bird, and if they;d drafted Bird, they wouldn't have been in position to draft Jordan. But wow, 0 for 3 must really give their fans headaches...